Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+148
Ifrit
SageOfToads123
Lich180
MikailArksot
StiffNipples
VelvetyOyster5
OminousSquaffle
GenericUsername
SadPanda
tonberryking01
Lmaousine
A Fierce Plankton
CephGabriel
DemonOfFate
Satoshi
divinebeanpole
Wolfsbane
MiareNoKo
Hugh_G_Johnson
Tolvo
ResIsBestStat
Squashy_Avocado
CarverUpqik
Elifia
Thedeadships
jimmyc0341
sure-magicians
Derksers
dragonblade
AnCapaillMor
Forum Pirate
Walter_White
Latitoast
ADirtySlate
twilightwarwolf
skarekrow13
Dibsville
Brigade
Paragon
Pilgrim34
Tchuwib
Tanklord
Werdax
BlazingSoul
Sneezer
KrazykevS10
Zyrrashijn
MistahrFox
Demon Slayer
BLA1NE
FlorisFreakshow
VaDoom
grossemesser
Anchises
densetsushun
sicktwist
Poozila
Folthanos
DMC
amaro57
ted1023
vixder/pennywise
gmwdim
Juutas
ZikoLogiKa NL
Ashran
RePaused
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
BagerX2
sunbro
Drydwir
Xero
Hydreigon11
Murkulanvippi
JaffaCakes
User1
Soris Ice Goldwing
Slarg232
firefighter_raven
Mr.Pickle
SpecialNewb
Kyōkai
drmuto
EeAyEss
rety
Rifter7
FinPeku
Halicarnassis
Coryf2209
Sentiel
XDHappyDX
DemonRider909
Aznul
Elite Knight
Phoenix Rising
Automancer
Rynn
Revoltage
BoggedBox
GkMrBane
Carphil
AnastaciaAstora
TheMeInTeam
OmniBot
argotthar
BackstabFisherman
FattyOfDoom
PlasticandRage
Kirk-Barb
Rarayn
Wilkinson3424
zasmyenok
The Letter X
CaptanSpudsy
Lord of Ash
Razielthemanslayer
joemann
ViralEnsign_
OrnsteinFanBoy
lonewolf
Avenger649
edgie_za
Ryndis
FruitPunchNinja
Cabjoy
Deathsitexxi
befowler
WandererReece
GrinTwist
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
reim0027
Mr. Tart
greeneless
bmurn
Rudmed
T-King-667
ChaosMoogle
Spurgun
Fatneckwood
BrotherBob
Noob-of-Artorias
Ghadis_God
SublimeSinner
Glutebrah
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Seignar
xSomax
152 posters

PvP tales!

GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

PvP tales! - Page 16 Empty Re: PvP tales!

Post by GenericUsername Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:22 am

PlasticandRage wrote:It's crazy how many people will see you using a weapon that can be turtled with and start spamming combustion whether you're turtling or not. I've been PvPing with my Rickard's toon tonight in higher SL areas, and probably every other player I run into spams combustion at me, despite the fact that I'm not turtling them. That's probably the last thing I'm thinking about trying to do with the RR. It's strengths are somewhere else entirely

Hell I was in Anor londo with a silver knight get up and had someone come at me with a shotel and black flame when I pulled out my SK shield. I didn't even have a spear either, just the straightsword

Although I imagine they were just being a penis
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:23 am

I don't know if it's just on turtlers, Plastic. People seem to spam Combustion a lot regardless of what weapons their foe is using.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:27 am

It's a bit ridiculous. This last guy especially. The RR is fast enough and has enough range, that every time he did it I was able to just step away, then step back in and stab him after the fire died away, but before he recovered from casting. So I eventually just killed him that way. You'd think after the first couple of times they'd learn that it's not working.

^ I've been noticing it waaaay more than I ever have since I started using a thrusting sword. Granted you do run into spammers sometimes anyway, but I've been running into a lot. I'd go so far as to say maybe 3 out of 5 people I've been encountering see me then pull out a pyro flame.
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:31 am

Speaking of people needing to learn lessons, why must invaders always try to get me with Flame Tempest? I'm not an idiot, I'm not going to stay right next to you while you cast it. In fact, I'm going to back off and heal if need be and then prepare an attack while you sit there immobile.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:39 am

I had a guy catch me with it in a really ingenious way a couple weeks ago. He invaded me in the big room by the second bonfire in the Archives, and he came down to fight me and I handed him his * for a bit. So he starts running away along the right side of the right bookshelves, and I give chase thinking he's going for the room off to the right to find some enemies to hide behind, but no, he just keeps sprinting around the bookshelves over and over, and I keep chasing. So eventually he's on one side and I'm on the other, and I start to hear something, and assumed it was a healing spell, so I booked around the side only to find that I'd run right into the cast. It was too late for me to get away, and I didn't have enough time to get close enough to interrupt it.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:03 am

What was the spell?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:08 am

Fire Tempest. I meant to throw in one of these ^ at the beginning of that post. It's been a long day.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:30 am

PlasticandRage wrote:It's crazy how many people will see you using a weapon that can be turtled with and start spamming combustion whether you're turtling or not. I've been PvPing with my Rickard's toon tonight in higher SL areas, and probably every other player I run into spams combustion at me, despite the fact that I'm not turtling them. That's probably the last thing I'm thinking about trying to do with the RR. It's strengths are somewhere else entirely
    Bring Black Knight's Shield, or Dragon Crest Shield.

I know your pain bro.
    When people see my Rapier, first thing they do is either take out a Shotel, or a spear. Look Skyward

Never helped them, because I don't turtle poke with it. twisted
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:20 pm

Well that's kinda what's been happening with me also. Because I haven't been turtling, and I'm fast rolling, when they come in for it I'm usually not blocking, so I just step backwards and avoid it, and poke punish. I've actually been thinking about switching out to the hornet ring and BS punishing them. I've been trying to decide between a few different rings for my second equip, and I figure with a thrusting sword as my main equip, the hornet might not be a bad plan.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:23 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:Well that's kinda what's been happening with me also. Because I haven't been turtling, and I'm fast rolling, when they come in for it I'm usually not blocking, so I just step backwards and avoid it, and poke punish. I've actually been thinking about switching out to the hornet ring and BS punishing them. I've been trying to decide between a few different rings for my second equip, and I figure with a thrusting sword as my main equip, the hornet might not be a bad plan.
    I prefer Wolf Ring. It lets me tank hits to bs, which is easier and it helps even in non crit fights. The 30% damage boost isn't worth it anymore.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:26 pm

That's one of the couple I've been experimenting with on this build. Been using the DWGR too. Without it my poise is 35ish I think, so it's boosted to somewhere around 75 with it. I'm not really sure which has been more effective. I'm not much for PvP parrying either, so the hornet would pretty much be exclusively for BS punishing.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:33 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:That's one of the couple I've been experimenting with on this build. Been using the DWGR too. Without it my poise is 35ish I think, so it's boosted to somewhere around 75 with it. I'm not really sure which has been more effective. I'm not much for PvP parrying either, so the hornet would pretty much be exclusively for BS punishing.
    You need 36 Poise to tank one handed GS swing.
    As much as I would love to play with 0 Poise, with the latency and lag, it's safer to have a decent amount, so you can tank your mistakes. It's also good to deal with bad spear users. Tank and bs them.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:35 pm

I still don't know who even turtle pokes with a rapier. The range is so pitiful on those attacks that it hardly seems worth it when accounting for the stamina you lose.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:36 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:That's one of the couple I've
    been experimenting with on this build. Been using the DWGR too. Without
    it my poise is 35ish I think, so it's boosted to somewhere around 75
    with it. I'm not really sure which has been more effective. I'm not much
    for PvP parrying either, so the hornet would pretty much be exclusively
    for BS punishing.
    You need 36 Poise to tank one handed GS swing.
    As
    much as I would love to play with 0 Poise, with the latency and lag,
    it's safer to have a decent amount, so you can tank your mistakes. It's
    also good to deal with bad spear users. Tank and bs them.

That's part of the reason I've been torn between the Wolf and DWGR. More often than not the builds I make are designed for tanking, but this is one of the few fast/quality builds I've made. I feel like if played right the DWGR can be just as effective because of it's invincibility frames. It's a give and take though. Against bigger weapons it's certainly helpful to be able to tank. Especially considering the RR's R2 attacks. Still not entirely sure how I'm going to do that one.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:40 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:I still don't know who even turtle pokes with a rapier. The range is so pitiful on those attacks that it hardly seems worth it when accounting for the stamina you lose.
    People do it a lot if they can't bs you with it, or have little HP.
    Shotel works wonders there.

Also, I do it myself, with overly aggresive players. Shield poke and roll away to recover Stamina. Do it a few times and they will calm down.

@Platic
    I stopped using DWGR, because not all of my toons can use it and when I will play as them, I will have troubles getting used to the different range of the roll and i-frames.

Wolf Ring seems like a better option. You probably won't one shot bs now anyway and at least you won't get frowned upon by Hornet haters.

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:43 pm

Yeah, at least I don't think I'll be going with the Hornet. Looking at it all laid out now, it just makes more sense to use something that would be more helpful for my more general tactics, as opposed to just making my BS's more powerful. With thrusting swords the BS's are pretty darn powerful anyway. I'm doing close to 1,000 without it.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:18 pm

GenericUsername wrote:Speaking of people needing to learn lessons, why must invaders always try to get me with Flame Tempest? I'm not an idiot, I'm not going to stay right next to you while you cast it. In fact, I'm going to back off and heal if need be and then prepare an attack while you sit there immobile.

Once I had some invader use it in the most stupidest way. He invaded me, but not at the usual spawn point. I just stood there and waited for him.

He snuck up behind me without me seeing him. I didn't see him untill he was standing directly behind me in the backstab position. He didn't backstab, even though he could've. Instead he casted one of the phyro storms. While he was casting I ran behind him and backstabed him before he finished.

I still don't know why he didn't backstab. That would've been way better for him. PvP tales! - Page 16 2707236321
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:46 pm

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum (joined yesterday for item trading) and new to PvP. I have a story to share about an invasion that happened just now. I invade Anor Londo with my SL 55 Darkmoon sorcerer, and run into the host with his two Sunbros. All three jump me so I run back to the room with the Giant Sentinels (I used to hate invaders who exploited PvE when I did co-op but when it's 3v1 it's more than fair game), and after a long fight manage to backstab one phantom and kill the other with a Soul Spear (not enough Int for CSS). What I didn't realize was that the host had run all the way back to the bonfire while I was fighting his Sunbros, and immediately summons two more. At this point I'm almost out of casts and both Giant Sentinels are dead, so I try to make a run for the titanite Demon but run into all three in the hallway. So I retreat and try to melee the two phantoms (host hides behind them and watches/heals), actually getting the better of one phantom before my lock-on unexpectedly switches (still learning how to play this game!) and I get backstabbed to death.

Of course, the host, being the only one of the five who didn't actually fight me, spams the "Well what is it" gesture over my corpse while the other two bow. I was a combination of pissed and amused, and, not knowing what better to write, sent him a message: "lol". Needless to say, he replied with something obscene. Anyways, it's cool to read other people's stories and hopefully I'll learn something so I might actually win once in a while. big grin
    vixder/pennywise
    vixder/pennywise
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vixder/pennywise Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:23 am

Yesterday I was cooping in Sens. Dropped my sign in the entrance area and I got summoned right away. The host seemed kind of strange at first, full sealers garn with a two-handed Gargoyles-axe, spamming L1, doing that stupid dance animation.
    I thought" Well, whatever floats your boat. In your own time...". But he bowed, so I thought I stick around. When he finally stoped his rain-dance we headed up to the main chamber.
    I was giving my best to be a good phantom, so I like the vanguard I am, I rushed over the narrow walkway to kill the Snake-man at the elevator.

The moment he hit the ground I heard the sound of metal hitting flesh. I walked back some steps and saw that the host had dropped into the tar pit and had a heated argument with one of the titanite Demons.

I hate titanite demons.

Not sure what to do, I hesiated. Which is not a good idea, when you´re surrounded by axe-pendulums. Well, "more is lost by indecision than by a wrong decision, so I did what had to be done.
    I jumped off the walkway and plunge-attacked the demon right in the face. Both of us lost 3/4 of our health, but the moment I rgained controll, a lightning attack by one of the upper snake-priests hit me, while the titanite Demon started his swinging attack. Luckily I was right in the dead spot between his tail and left leg, so he only shaved off the top of my hair.
    With recharged stamina I unleashed hell on him and killed him. Stepping behind a pillar for protection I spotted the host, slugishly stumbeling through the tar.
    I thoghts were:"WTF, you don´t even put on the rusted ring? What the hell is wrong with you?"
    But then I saw him attacking random walls and it dawned on me, that this was his first trip to Sens.
    Which made me feel even more of a badass.
    I showed him then the fake wall at the ladder, killed the troll for him and led him through most of Sens.
    Unfortunatly we got seperated in the staircase. It was all my fault, I messed up the timing and had to jump early, missed the wooden platform with the snake-priest and found myself in basement, while the host took the upper road.
    Well, I thought, while down here I could kill that nasty mimic, spare the host some trouble I thought. Unfortunatly shortly after its death, the host also died.

So, Lehder-world (I think this was his tag), if you read this by chance, I owe you an lightning spear.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:29 am

@vixder
    Please don't kill the Mimic if the host isn't present. Especially if the host is new. That Mimic drops a valuable Lightning Spear, which will make the a game a lot easier for most new players. If you kill it without the host, chances are he won't be able to pick it up and if he dies, the item disappears.
    vixder/pennywise
    vixder/pennywise
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vixder/pennywise Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:37 am

Yes, I realised that shortly after. And I feel bad about it. There I was, thinking I´ll do a good deed and end up hurting someones game.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:51 am

It happened to me as well.

I've got separated from the host, who rushed the stairs with the boulder up, while I ran down. It didn't occur to me at the time that I can go up, against the boulder and survive. Since I was down there I thought I'll kill the Mimic for him, so it doesn't eat him. Shortly after I killed the Mimic we got invaded and the host died only seconds later. Perhaps he got scared and fell down somewhere. No idea what happened.

He summond me again and this time we went down there, to the Mimic and the weapon wasn't there. I expected it to stay there since no one picked it up. I felt bad, so I dropped my Lightning Longsword (my best weapon at the time) to make it even. Host took it and we continued, killed Iron Golem and went our separate ways.

Some time later, that host messaged me if I killed the Mimic, he wanted the Spear to have at least some chance against the frequent invaders in Anor Londo. I apologised to him and told him the whole story. He was very thankful for the Longsword and told me he already manadged to kill an invader with it. big grin
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:16 pm

I used to kill the titanite demon in anor londo with my crossbow from the balcony, but it would similarly cost the host the drops if he died before we got down there. Now what I do is shoot him until he has only a sliver of health left such that you can one shot him when you do arrive on the lower level. The funny thing about it is when invaders inevitably hide behind him they freak out when you take him out with a single swing.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:13 pm

vixder/pennywise wrote:Well, I thought, while down here I could kill that nasty mimic, spare the host some trouble I thought. Unfortunatly shortly after its death, the host also died..

Once I accidently did something similar. I was summoned in Lost Izalith. We went to Solaire, and he was hostle. While the host fought Solair I killed the little bugs, and accidently killed the Sunlight Maggot. I thought, "Oh crap, well, the host will probably survive." The host died. I messaged him what happened and offered to give him mine. He replied, "That's alright. I don't need it. I can use the light spell."
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:55 pm

Oh please don't kill the titanite Demon. As an invader, I rely on hosts keeping it around! (only for 1v3 situations)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:22 pm