Post by Latitoast on Fri May 03, 2013 11:20 pm

>Invade guy
    >Backstab him for 900 damage, notices he hardly protects his back
    >He runs away and chugs Estus
    >Oh boy
    >He runs out of Estus
    >He starts popping Divine Blessings
    >WHY

I understand the point behind the save editor, but I really hate these guys who abuse it's true purpose.

reim0027

Re: PvP tales!

Post by reim0027 on Fri May 03, 2013 11:26 pm

Do what I do. If I don't like fighting someone, I leave. If someone is just there to troll me, I don't bite. If they run away, I keep going and ignore them. If they jump me, I put my controller down and post on the forums or a chat. If they are pulling that crap, I just commit suicide. Then, I block their arses (works on PS3).

My time is too valuable to waste on these people.

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast on Fri May 03, 2013 11:29 pm

Unfortunately on Xbox we don't have a block button. We can only prevent messages from being sent, and we can dislike a player.

And there's the event that we invade the same guy over and over again.

Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville on Fri May 03, 2013 11:30 pm

I hate when I'm hosting in the Forest and people run away from me, especially when I'm in a 1v1.
    I normally send them something like "Cya, idiot." then I turn off my PS3. I'm hosting for souls, not so people can be idiots and run away from 1v1's.

Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast on Fri May 03, 2013 11:34 pm

I gauge running based on what they're trying to do.

Although most of the time they don't run far enough and my sword meets their spine when trying to heal or reapply a buff(You only get 1 free buff from me, nothing more.)

reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Fri May 03, 2013 11:36 pm

So, summon a phantom and jump the catbro, like 99% of the other hosts do. Look, I don't trust a single host in the Forest. Too many people set up traps for catbros that go after the host (like hidden phantoms). I will usually look around the area, walk slowly, waiting to see if another catbro invades.

Most people aren't looking for a one-on-one duel in the Forest. Don't expect them to engage you right away.

Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville on Fri May 03, 2013 11:38 pm

These people know I'm 1v1ing, they literally run away to heal as they're almost dead.
    On top of that, they'll heal while ganking even though I don't use my Estus. It's actually pretty hilarious when they sit their and waste their humanity just for 4k souls.

reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Fri May 03, 2013 11:52 pm

That's the Forest. Catbros get ganked so often, they have no sympathy for the hosts. They will try to win any way possible. Anything goes in the forest.

Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast on Fri May 03, 2013 11:55 pm

The forest is a mess.

reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Sat May 04, 2013 12:01 am

And, we like it that way.

Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast on Sat May 04, 2013 12:06 am

I sure don't.

Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Satoshi on Sat May 04, 2013 12:18 am

I went to the forest today and got invaded by three people all wearing full Havel's with the RTSR activated. I tried attacking one, but they ninja flipped away. One backstabbed me with their bare fist and got 7,000 damage. I automatically died, and when I respawned, I went to the same place, they invaded me again, but dropped a helmet. It had an awkward name, it was disguised as Havel's Helm, it had a weight of one, and it had 500 defense. I got really angry, dropped it and killed myself.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson on Sat May 04, 2013 4:53 am

The guilty's accomplices also pay the price:

I invaded someone as they were summoning a phantom in the painted world. I plan to jump them at the phalanx, it turns out they have 3. I do some damage but they retreat to the area where Jeremiah invades. The gold is way off in the distance gesturing clearly trying to lure me into the open. I've barely seen the host and have little idea where he is so I'm not in a mood to try anything crazy. All of a sudden the white tries to surprise me but I get his HP very low very quick, when he retreats I switch to Velka's and just chip away at his shield. He dies just as I run out of stamina and just as the host arrives. I retreat; this time back to the phalanx area. I get the host with a HCSM/CSS combo. The poor gold back peddles, but I'm able to land 2 CSSs and dispatch him back to the bonfire he came from as well.

Two minutes later I invade someone else with the same two phantoms. I kill the phantoms and the host high-tails it back to the bonfire. I'm able to engage before she can summon anyone, but she's fast-rolling so I do a quick-swap that allows her to summon help. I get her down to chip-out range, pull out the Velka's but can't land a clean blow and I miss a BS as she heals. The phantom is the same white I've killed twice now, and while she summons the same gold as well, I send her a message: "lucky". silly

When we reset, I get an opening on the host and fire a CSS at her. She tries the same on me, but I'm quicker on the draw. She's not so lucky after all... unfortunately I was unable to kill either phantom again. sad But, still 6 kills in 2 invasions against 4 people is pretty good.

Messengers of Velka proudly allied with: The Exiled  Coffee! MoV Chat Coffee!

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 on Sat May 04, 2013 1:46 pm

Yesturday, I decided to help my idiotic friend get through the Township.
    I wanted to play a joke on him, and invade him.

I invade someone, who I am not allowed to name. He wore Artorias' armour, and used a Barbed Straight Sword with DMB. He was also a vit gauger, having well over 2000hp. He kills me after I try to poke him to death for nearly 2 minutes. This happens a total of 6 times in a row, because the Xbox doesn't let you block people.

I invade him for the 7th time, and by this time had learned his reckless, never changing approach very well. Since I had 1320hp and 0 poise, it was so easy to be simply stunlocked to death in 2 hits by him. I was full of rage. After being more careful, turtle poking with my Crest Shield and rapier, being more evasive, and using the MLBH, he was down to a tiny fraction of his health. He starts spamming WoTG, and I abused i-frames through all of them.

He kind of shat it. He ran to the other end of the area we were fighting in, and chugged Estus. I was infuriated. I backstab him just before his Estus has an effect, and he dies. I felt great, but got hatemail, consisting of: "****t backstabbing b*tch". Yes, so killing me 6 times with a DMB Barbed Straight Sword and spamming, etc was perfectly fine, and when I finally kill you it's outrageous? Grow up.

I proceed to invade him another 12 times, bored of killing him because of his highly predictable playstyle. I tell my friend I can't see him, and turn off my Xbox. Had some fun, but also hated it.

Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast on Sat May 04, 2013 2:11 pm

Sounds like fun times.

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 on Sat May 04, 2013 2:15 pm

Oh well.
    At least I can parry Straight Swords very well now.
    Along with greatswords. They are FAR too easy to parry.
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast on Sat May 04, 2013 2:46 pm

Looks like I won't go at you with my Tarkus build.

Most people don't bother parrying him, they just see fat roll and go for the backstab fishing.

It never works out for them though.

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 on Sat May 04, 2013 3:01 pm

Bah.
    Backstab fishing is terrible.
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate on Sat May 04, 2013 3:03 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:Oh well.
    At least I can parry Straight Swords very well now.
    Along with greatswords. They are FAR too easy to parry.

You just try to parry my dead angle, i dare you.

Leader Of Those Of Cursed Blood.
    Insanity member.

Come and join your brothers and sisters to regain the life you once knew. http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t21309-those-of-cursed-blood-revived-and-looking-for-members
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast on Sat May 04, 2013 3:04 pm

It's quite hilarious to see someone get killed by a Tarkus build, because they overestimated the power of my fat roll.

And then I run into guys who try to use Pyromancy on me.

It makes me laugh every time they deal little to no damage against me.

DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate on Sat May 04, 2013 3:05 pm

Latitoast wrote:It's quite hilarious to see someone get killed by a Tarkus build, because they overestimated the power of my fat roll.

And then I run into guys who try to use Pyromancy on me.

It makes me laugh every time they deal little to no damage against me.

Yeah people underestimate my Smough Cosplay build, they all end up with their bones crushed.

Insanity member.

Come and join your brothers and sisters to regain the life you once knew. http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t21309-those-of-cursed-blood-revived-and-looking-for-members
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast on Sat May 04, 2013 3:06 pm

Do you nibble on their crushed bones?

DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate on Sat May 04, 2013 3:08 pm

Yeah, all the time. It's even better when i get my friend with his Orenstien cosplay build, we sit around Anor Londo destroying all those who might threaten our past selves.

Insanity member.

Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast on Sat May 04, 2013 3:09 pm

I don't have a Smough to pair up with.

DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate on Sat May 04, 2013 3:10 pm

You need to get a Golem to pair up with.

Insanity member.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:45 am