Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
FattyOfDoom
PwnasauresRex
Forum Pirate
N_Raist
CaligoIllioneus
Sloth9230
The Letter X
Ahhotep1
Rynn
GrinTwist
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
ThatPerson
Skarectum
TheMeInTeam
hageshisa
skarekrow13
RANT
robsthedon
argotthar
ROOSTER330
wolfboy
White Knight Wulf
Ghadis_God
DoughGuy
Uparkaam
FinPeku
cloudyeki
Quarik
Bamjam
SunlightCrusader
Spurgun
Rudmed
nsane32
dancash1808
Brokewilly
TehInfamousAmos
Tolvo
Emergence
reim0027
DarkW17
44 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 31 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by The Letter X Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:56 pm

I already have a healthy stock of them. And I've found that the best time to get a counter is when your opponent is trying a running attack. I've gotten counters about 90% of the time from that. The other 10% is me just readjusting my attack direction on someone who was actually going for a lock-BS.

Sadly my SL 100 build won't be taking advantage of counter-damage as much, but hey, I'll have a fast-rolling, 53+ poise, killing machine that's tournament/FC ready.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:44 pm

I apologize for the double post, but I'm going to keep a log of the highest counter damage I can achieve with the Leo Ring + Power Within while using the Greatsword since a couple people seem to be interested.

Current progress
    1324-Rolling R1
    1268-R2

Last edited by The Letter X on Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:03 pm

Broke ill practice wit u if connection is good n internet should b on thursday
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:13 pm

Wat u guys think of the DGM
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:05 pm

Ok, I quit with the PW and Leo combo because it was getting ridiculous. I was either winning in 10 seconds or getting schooled without landing a hit. I got close to 1400 repeatedly on lighter builds with the 2H R2, but it just wasn't worth it in my opinion unless you like seeing big numbers.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:45 pm

Wolfof Phyrexia wrote:Wat u guys think of the DGM
    It's a great weapon but requires much practice like all ultra great weapons. Especially one handed attacks can dead angle nicely, it stunlocks like crazy and has very high AR. Useless strong attacks and dash attack though. I like it with my str build.

The Letter X wrote:Ok, I quit with the PW and Leo combo because it was getting ridiculous. I was either winning in 10 seconds or getting schooled without landing a hit. I got close to 1400 repeatedly on lighter builds with the 2H R2, but it just wasn't worth it in my opinion unless you like seeing big numbers.
    Well, just like DGM, it has other very good properties as well happy I'm very tempted to do a build dedicated to greatsword or zwei.

Whew... Forest hunting is still the most exciting form of PvP. I almost quit for today after like 7-10 invasions were complete disasters but i pulled myself together and got some extremely satisfying victories. I chased one ganker for ten minutes, killed his phantom, he summoned another, they started chasing me and both had spears equipped. I laughed so hard when I had about 1-5 HP left and failed and died to fall damage, but the host accidentally jumped off a ledge right after me and killed himself. Fellow hunters, never give up during an invasion. Anything can happen in the forest big grin
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:49 pm

I'm just giving up on PW, and I may give the Leo Ring a shot again later. The Greatsword is my favorite weapon now, and I'm just reverting back to a safer playstyle with it.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:15 am

The DGM is my favorite weapon ever, it has good reach, really awesome ar but it kinda lacks in the move set department, the r2 will be hard to land unless your opponent is doing nothing but bsing and even then it will get yi u bsed most of the time since it leaves you vurnerable for a full second so I don't reccomend using it, yiure better off using the lunging attack if your opponen is beign predictable. I will be uploading some vids ot me using the big weapons and hopefully yiu see something that helps you with it.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:44 am

Wolfof Phyrexia wrote:Broke ill practice wit u if connection is good n internet should b on thursday

Good deal - yeah once I get in more practice I should be able to win more fights with it. big grin . We will try to get together soon.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:50 am

The Letter X wrote:I already have a healthy stock of them. And I've found that the best time to get a counter is when your opponent is trying a running attack. I've gotten counters about 90% of the time from that. The other 10% is me just readjusting my attack direction on someone who was actually going for a lock-BS.

Sadly my SL 100 build won't be taking advantage of counter-damage as much, but hey, I'll have a fast-rolling, 53+ poise, killing machine that's tournament/FC ready.

Yeah - the leo is similar to the RTSR in way. You may not get the full benefit of it during the whole fight. The one weapon a leo is really effective with is the Halberd since that weapon appears to be engineered for counters. I built my SL128 with the leo in mind - I will be using it with spears (MLBH, SKS, etc) and thrusting swords (BSS) majority of the time. You can get more guaranteed counters with faster DEX type weapons.

N_Raist
    N_Raist
    Casual
    Casual

Post by N_Raist Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:22 pm

I want to try the greatsword, what are your builds? I had this, but I think I will need a new, refreshed one to clean the forest:

http://mmdks.com/jno
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:28 pm

N_Raist wrote:I want to try the greatsword, what are your builds? I had this, but I think I will need a new, refreshed one to clean the forest:

http://mmdks.com/jno

As long as you are comfortable with mid-rolling its a decent build (martyr's Youtube vids convinced me that mid-rolling is very viable). You have good HP (anything over 1500 is optimum) and good poise so u will be able to tank some hits. Once that RTSR activates the greatsword will really be deadly. Also, try to make a couple of crystal versions (+4 is all you need then take to +5 for fresh round of use) as back-up - the additional damage has always been worth it from experience when using crystal weapons. Plus larger crystal weapons tend to have slower wear - I have used my crystal large club a good many times & have only worn it down by 1 unit.

N_Raist
    N_Raist
    Casual
    Casual

Post by N_Raist Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:50 pm

Thanks for the advise happy! In fact, I will also add it to the weaponry of my high SL hunter (http://mmdks.com/jom). I think it will shine at cr+5 with SLB Praise the Sun

I have another toon at something like 5XX, but I do not know if he will be invading consistently. Hm, that is a good question... could I use that toon (I checked and it is at 573) as a forest hunter?
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:13 pm

Rynn gets a lot of invasions as a Forest Hunter at SL 495, so 573 might be okay. Any number under 600Is probably good in the forest.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:21 pm

N_Raist wrote:Thanks for the advise happy! In fact, I will also add it to the weaponry of my high SL hunter (http://mmdks.com/jom). I think it will shine at cr+5 with SLB Praise the Sun

I have another toon at something like 5XX, but I do not know if he will be invading consistently. Hm, that is a good question... could I use that toon (I checked and it is at 573) as a forest hunter?

Oh yes - an SLB-coated crystal greatsword +5 (make a +4 first then upgrade so u get two rounds of good use) will do crazy damage.

An SL573 hunter is very viable due to no SL invasion restrictions downward or upward (the game will initially try to match you with in-range SL though before search further from your SL). Word of caution - you will be invading hosts who have multiple stacks of WoG and other nasty stuff. But no fear - its just another challenge for your high level hunter Praise the Sun
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:18 pm

So been using BKGS n its awesome
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:33 pm

Getting a new copy of the game tomorrow, the Tolvo returns! Hopefully, finally! As I was supposed to have a while ago!
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:45 pm

Wolfof Phyrexia wrote:So been using BKGS n its awesome

I have been owned by BKGS once or twice sad . In the hands of the right person it can terrible thing to fight against. I am always impressed by its reach. I have never used one though - probably the only weapon which I have never touched in my inventory. Coming up in the game as a hunter put a bad taste in my mouth for it - just got banged too many times by it.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:51 pm

Leo Ring works very well with its rolling R1, especially considering the crazy range of that weapon.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:18 pm

I'm probably going to start tampering with UGS's more often now. The Greatsword has opened my eyes to heavies.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:50 pm

Its reach is crazy
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:14 am

The Letter X wrote:I'm probably going to start tampering with UGS's more often now. The Greatsword has opened my eyes to heavies.

Yeah - I think you have the nack for the big boys. Oh yeah - forgot to tell you good job against the red who invaded when were fight training. It was a good match-up: Greatsword vs DGM - an instant real-world test of your skills. Proper Bow

I also saw a Seraphim vid - he invaded you in the lower Township. Since you did not heal, run or bang - you went out like a soldier Prostration . Always good to see a comrade hold it together even when things are looking bleak. Its the last fight in the vid:

https://youtu.be/GTvObNr9FRY

At the end of the day all you can ask for is to die a good death!!
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:58 am

I actually remember that now. Surprised the heck out of me when it happened, so I knew all I could do was hope for a stunlock with the Great Scythe after getting some room. Thanks for showing me the vid; that made my day. Joy

And thanks again Broke, I haven't known you long but some of the most interesting things happen when we're paired up.
    N_Raist
    N_Raist
    Casual
    Casual

Post by N_Raist Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:44 am

I am trying to invade dual wielding PGSs. Impossible.

Btw, 7,6 in my japanese exam Well What is it
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:48 am

I used dual PGS's on my very first invasion build. It was difficult, but I had a higher success rate than I imagined. I thought it worked nicely to use hit and run tactics until your opponent got impatient from getting only papercuts and then parrying when they charged in.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:48 am