Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
FattyOfDoom
PwnasauresRex
Forum Pirate
N_Raist
CaligoIllioneus
Sloth9230
The Letter X
Ahhotep1
Rynn
GrinTwist
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
ThatPerson
Skarectum
TheMeInTeam
hageshisa
skarekrow13
RANT
robsthedon
argotthar
ROOSTER330
wolfboy
White Knight Wulf
Ghadis_God
DoughGuy
Uparkaam
FinPeku
cloudyeki
Quarik
Bamjam
SunlightCrusader
Spurgun
Rudmed
nsane32
dancash1808
Brokewilly
TehInfamousAmos
Tolvo
Emergence
reim0027
DarkW17
44 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 30 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by RANT Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:17 am

that is awesome, i really wanted a new miracle specially since i just made apure faith build.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:31 am

RantFromRant wrote:that is awesome, i really wanted a new miracle specially since i just made apure faith build.

You may just get your wish big grin . I'm going to trying to find out where the heck this miracle is located.

Oh yeah the greatsword is a thing of beauty. I fought 5 duels with it in the township and won 3. I lost to a spellcaster running from GMB (it ran out and I kept chasing him to my own detriment) and GLGS (I forget about the crazy stun it has). The players I did beat were either backpedaling the whole time with a "This is not good!!" look on their face or BS fishing like a mutha for a quick win. The GS is a BS fisherman's nightmare - it can almost hit someone directly behind you.I'm gonna have fun playing with it.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:56 am

this makes me wanna go to the new dlc areas and start looking EVERYWHERE. this better not be another pendant and it turns out to be a mod.
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CaligoIllioneus Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:07 am

It may just be a "hacked" miracle like Escape Death....
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:11 am

It is strange that no new miracle were added, Pyromancies only got one new spell but still.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:27 am

Sloth9230 wrote:It is strange that no new miracle were added, Pyromancies only got one new spell but still.

That is exactly what I was thinking - the DLC introduced new sorcery and pyro but no new miracles. I am still going to see what I can find out. But it still could be a hacked miracle - so mysterious :?:
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:32 am

Brokewilly wrote:Tonight was good night.I have witnessed the birth of gank killing machine (well he was probably already causing them grief). I dueled Letter X for a few rounds and he mopped up the moonpit with my butt with that OP greatsword :shock: (the one purchased from Crestfallen). Ole Broke couldn't eke out a win if my life was on the line. You just don't want to get near it - it is very difficult to keep up with the damage output from that thing. One mistake and you can lose a lot of HP - I just had not fought against it enough before. My eyes have been opened - so now my DM is using an enchanted+5 version and I am loving it cheers !!!

@Letter X - you have got to let us know about the carnage when you let lose in the forest with that monstrosity. Proper Bow

Thanks again, Broke. The way you let me learn the moveset, showed when I'd normally get backstabbed, and showed it is very easy to get parried while not dead angling really was an efficient way to help me get comfortable with the weapon quickly.

I have my last two exams this semester today, so I'll be spanking gankers like no tomorrow. I'll be sure to post any interesting stories and my results overall.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:04 pm

The Letter X wrote:Thanks again, Broke. The way you let me learn the moveset, showed when I'd normally get backstabbed, and showed it is very easy to get parried while not dead angling really was an efficient way to help me get comfortable with the weapon quickly.

Not a problem at all bro. We have to get all our gank fighters up to speed since there are not too many of us willing to take the gank head-on. The duels were also beneficial for me. If my opponent doesn't know how to effectively use the greatsword then I know I can get a parry or BS against it. I now know if you attempt a parry you better get it or at least a partial or you are royally screwed. Just by observing you showed me the basics of the weapon so far I am over .500 with it on my DM cheers Just need more fights with it and I will be good to go.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:10 pm

I got backstabbed by a phantom earlier today. It didn't do any damage because I had negated it. But it still killed me because I fell through the ground into some kind of blue hell. I never hit the bottom there. I just died while falling. One of the weirdest things that have happened to me in the Forest.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:14 pm

lol ive seen that a lot in the kiln but never in the forest, it makes sense though, since the ground is all uneven just like the kiln.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:59 pm

Ok people - I think I ran into a new spellswap. I was fighting in the Township - the invader initially ran away so I new something was up. I position myself in front of the entrance to the cirians/abysswalker area. As he is going up the steps (coming back towards me) before the bonfire landing he casts what looks like a healing spell (no circular waves) - he then rushes to where I am but stops before reaching the top of the stairs does 3 medium rolls and all of sudden the heal spell turns into TWoP :shock: I had already started to swing my greatsword so I stun-locked killed him as he is rolling in (he obviously misjudged his rolls lol ). Now ask yourself why did he cast a healing spell when he had not taken any damage - very interesting. It's getting crazy out here folks - the insane are running the asylum!!

This tactic could be dangerous if you rush to punish an opponent who heals and they are able to get off what I guess is three med/fat rolls. Suddenly getting caught in a TWoP could catch you flat footed.

White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:04 pm

Ok so listin to this it got nuthin to do with dks but I got a 7 pound honey baked ham in the mail today along with $100
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:21 pm

Wolfof Phyrexia wrote:Ok so listin to this it got nuthin to do with dks but I got a 7 pound honey baked ham in the mail today along with $100

Even though I don't eat ham - where is my ham and 100 dead presidents in the mail :x !!!!
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:39 pm

Lol I got both from my big brother n his wife it was awesome
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:10 pm

yeah i dont like ham but spanish ham is freaking delicious.
    @broke that kinda sounds like the spell swap thing(weapon swap) on the ps3 since he was rolling to pull it off.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:28 pm

RantFromRant wrote:yeah i dont like ham but spanish ham is freaking delicious.
    @broke that kinda sounds like the spell swap thing(weapon swap) on the ps3 since he was rolling to pull it off.

Never tried spanish ham - I think I heard it is pretty good. Yep - that's what I'm thinking another spellswap. Just looking for a good fight and some of these try-hards are really spoiling the fun. I will have that ridicolous bout in my next set of vids I post.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:32 pm

Looking forward to it, I might record my heavy str vid next week since i didnt get a chance to do it this week and im leaving tomorrow morning for the holidays.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:32 pm

So with that money my internet should b on again in a couple days we talkes with our isp
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:32 pm

Ok, so I'm finally getting the hang of taking on gankers with the Greatsword. At first I didn't want to let go of my high speed attacking style from using the Chaos Blade and Great Scythe for so long, but now I'm enjoying this heavy hitting way of fighting. It's funny one-shotting gankers on counter damage or stunlocking multiple people to death.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:26 pm

The Letter X wrote:Ok, so I'm finally getting the hang of taking on gankers with the Greatsword. At first I didn't want to let go of my high speed attacking style from using the Chaos Blade and Great Scythe for so long, but now I'm enjoying this heavy hitting way of fighting. It's funny one-shotting gankers on counter damage or stunlocking multiple people to death.

Good deal.I'm glad to see the greatsword is working out for you.Strangely enough some players don't know what it is when they see it - I guess it's mistaken for something else. I received a couple of PMs from fallen opponents asking what it is it and where I got it. Its also a pretty cool looking weapon 8) . I played around with it alot in the Township yesterfay - if u can get rolling on an opponent it is pretty much a done deal for them. I still need to work on my unlocked + dead angling with it though. Might have to do some training in the forest with Wulf or someone with a higher level toon.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:34 pm

Yeah, I got the same types of questions from people in the Forest. I'm actually making a SL 100 build with a chaos enchanted one. I'm really excited to see how that'll work out.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:02 pm

How much damage is it usually capable of doing with leo ring counter hits?
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:05 pm

I've done over 1000 with it on lighly armored builds and hit normally between 700-800 on those with Giant's. This is without the Leo Ring, so I'm sure its potential is the 1000-1200 range. On one of martyrsbrigade99's videos he did over 1100.

Edit: Actually I've hit over 900 on someone in full Giant's besides the helm. I might do some testing with the Leo later. I'll probably throw in Power Within also for good measure.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:18 pm

Now I want to wipe some dust off of my RTSR, PW and SLB and test them along with the leo ring twisted
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:49 pm

Uparkaam wrote:Now I want to wipe some dust off of my RTSR, PW and SLB and test them along with the leo ring twisted

The leo ring with the greatsword can do ridicolous damage using the 1H/2H thrust attacks. It's a bit tricker to pull off due to the slowness of the greatsword. Best tactic is to have enough poise to tank one shot from your opponent and hit them at the same time. Also remember the leo ring not only works with couters against attacks, but rolls, spell casts etc.

A normal or crystal greatsword would be ideal to use with the leo since only physical damage receives the AR bonus. @Letter X - hint, hint you should make a crystal version since there is an infinite supply of them. Strangely the leo ring physical-only damage bonus rule does not appy to the moonlight great horn so as soon I get the right weapon config I plan on trying it with the leo twisted .

Good stuff.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:49 am