Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
FattyOfDoom
PwnasauresRex
Forum Pirate
N_Raist
CaligoIllioneus
Sloth9230
The Letter X
Ahhotep1
Rynn
GrinTwist
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
ThatPerson
Skarectum
TheMeInTeam
hageshisa
skarekrow13
RANT
robsthedon
argotthar
ROOSTER330
wolfboy
White Knight Wulf
Ghadis_God
DoughGuy
Uparkaam
FinPeku
cloudyeki
Quarik
Bamjam
SunlightCrusader
Spurgun
Rudmed
nsane32
dancash1808
Brokewilly
TehInfamousAmos
Tolvo
Emergence
reim0027
DarkW17
44 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 32 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:17 pm

Turtling Ganker
    Slow and steady wins the race
    and I'm about to drop a slow and steady boot right onto your ugly face
    Your a disgrace, any damage that you do I Shield,
    turtles can't be touched ask April O'Neil
    That's for real, you're like a zombie walking circles *backstab fishing*
    Postgank, blank stare, all you say is "I like turtles"
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:19 pm

Dual Wielding PGS isn't that bad, you just have to be ready to bait a lot of parries.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:53 pm

Tolvo wrote:Getting a new copy of the game tomorrow, the Tolvo returns! Hopefully, finally! As I was supposed to have a while ago!

Glad to see you will be coming back to the front lines bro. I know the gank has been missing you happy Did you get a chance to play the game since the new content and changes have been out? Other than resurgence of some of the spellswap glitches things have become more evened out now in my opinion. Players really have to put some thought into their toons to make them competitive.

Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:22 pm

Merry Christmas to all my comrades in arms. I will be starting the planning for the "Battle for DkS II" tournament today and will be posting updates over the next few weeks. I will get a sticky thread created soon. As I stated before it will be 6-8 combatants on 2 teams (Alpha & Omega - 12 to 16 fighters total) SL120 to SL130 single elimination. I'm really pumped for this - everyone should have 2-3 months to get a toon mission ready.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:59 am

broke it might b better 2 make the SL 120-140(went a lil lvl happy on Wulf n made him 135)
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:19 am

It, feels so weird coming back after around half a year without playing. Things seem odd yet familiar.

I'm actually going to wait a bit before patching my game so I can do a few things with my bottomless box, so I can set up some toons for Forest Hunting and the Arena.

But oh, I still seem to remember to dead angle, backstep dead angle, and many more things. I thought I'd be a lot rustier when I came back. It doesn't seem to be the case as of yet. I hope I can make an impact during the forest event.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:28 pm

Wolfof Phyrexia wrote:broke it might b better 2 make the SL 120-140(went a lil lvl happy on Wulf n made him 135)

Not a problem bro - accommodations can be made happy. Everything is still in planing stages so it all good.

On another note - this game never ceases to amaze me.I had a 30 minute chest boxing match with a sorcery bloathead naked dude and then I ran into what I now refer to as a "hard-coded mod". Players are now hard-coding glitches right into their save file. He was a dragon mod basically invulnerable to everything except falls plus he had the old dragonhead glitches - he hit me with both perma-stun and a continuous flame attack. He sent me a voice chat request before we fought and you know I answered - the dude actually tried to extort ole Broke (he was looking for upgrade materials) :shock:!! He said he would keep invading and killing me until I gave him what he wanted. I'm like "Dude I fight mods all the time - there nothing to be afraid of - I like fighting them!" He was actually kinda speechless when I said that. So we fought a bit - I tried to bleed him but since he was all modded-up he killed me .I lasted a while though - the 'ole evasion skills from the forest still comes in handy cheers It was great lol!!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:33 pm

Bleeding doesn't always work on them unless you can get two instant bleeds at the very same second, which requires a lot of coordination with another player.

I'd suggest just knocking him off a ledge next time to be sure haha.

Provided you aren't being infinitely stunned into a corner at that time.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:34 pm

Speaking of mods, I just fought a couple of gankers using the "Karmic Explosion" miracle. I honestly was not expecting it so I walked up to the host who used it and broke my guard + dealt around 1000 damage. The phantom then used it while I was in the guard-break animation and I died. :|
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:53 pm

The Letter X wrote:Speaking of mods, I just fought a couple of gankers using the "Karmic Explosion" miracle. I honestly was not expecting it so I walked up to the host who used it and broke my guard + dealt around 1000 damage. The phantom then used it while I was in the guard-break animation and I died. :|

Yep - those gankers basically edited their save files to turn-on Karmic Justice Explosion. That is actually a real in-game miracle but FROM did not activate it but the framework for it is there. I had a chat with a dude who knows save file editing very well - he analyzed his save file for me and there it was "Karmic Justice Explosion". The forest will become rife with a whole lot of things now since people are extensively using save file editors. Microsoft or FROM could have easily prevented save file editing by signing the file with a digital certificate owned by them - if someone other than the console tampers with the file it simply would not load. That is how its done on the PS3 - Sony was smart in doing that. We can only do what we can against these ganking fools!!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:55 pm

I kind of wish these modders were on PS3, these sound interesting to fight.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:55 pm

It does suck that we have to deal with it, but at least I'll be ready for it now.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:12 pm

The Letter X wrote:It does suck that we have to deal with it, but at least I'll be ready for it now.

Yeah - once you encounter it one time you can usually see it coming a mile away - the raising of the arm over the head is clear indication its coming, There is no other moveset in the game like it. Karmic Justice Explosion can do the same ridiculous damage as KJ - whatever is in that RH provides the maj adjust. A TCC in the right hand and KJE can hurt you badly or kill you outright. Plus a knockdown is almost guaranteed if your caught in the AoE. These mods are cowards of the highest order!!
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:43 pm

Well people I have found my new favorite weapon not often seen or used by players - the crescent axe. This weapon is definitely OP on my DM toon.A Youtuber just posted a weapon show case demonstrating it and I had to try it out. The stun-lock, even 1H'd is ridicolous :shock: . I have fought two duels (and won both cheers ) with it and both opponents were running from me Praise the Sun I went toe-to-toe with one opponent who had a SLB-coated spear/partizan turtling as is the norm. I was able to take him from the turtle position to stun-lock in about 3 hits 1H'd - he had to toggle out to escape stun or he would have died. From that point on he ninja-flipped avoided me and he's the one with the power buff lol . Once his buff ran out - he knew his goose was cooked!! It's reach is deceptive, eats through shields, good BS attempt punish and dead angling - it is a very good weapon in my opinion.

If you have toon with decent Faith (at least 34-35 maybe??) with a measure of STR and/or DEX (scales D with those) I would definitely give it a try. Moveset is similar to the battle axe (which I have never used) but to me its more like the Butcher Knife (except the 2H'd "guillotine" attack, similar reach maybe??) and I know how to use the BK twisted

Still evolving.....
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:33 pm

i made a pure faith with 18str and 12dex with 50 faith just for it, i really like how it can dead angle like the best of them and it has really good reach. its one of my favourite weapons right right for sure. the other weapon i love right now is the giant smith hammer, love that thing, infinite stunlock, awesome reach and good damage, whats not to love? the battle axe is actually pretty good for a quality build btw.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:07 pm

RantFromRant wrote:i made a pure faith with 18str and 12dex with 50 faith just for it, i really like how it can dead angle like the best of them and it has really good reach. its one of my favourite weapons right right for sure. the other weapon i love right now is the giant smith hammer, love that thing, infinite stunlock, awesome reach and good damage, whats not to love? the battle axe is actually pretty good for a quality build btw.

Oh yes - the BSGH is beast - I love using it on my SL84. The pure 300 lightning damage plus the attack interruption is fantastic - if you enough poise to take a shot from an opponent you are almost guaranteed to get 2nd hit in and still be able to get out of there. The BS attempt punish is great - the arc of the swing will usually catch a BS fisher.

I will eventually get around to checking out the Battle Axe - I know it has crazy stun.The BA I think is one of the last STR weapons I need to check-out.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:56 pm

My connection is back up n running yay
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:59 pm

Wolfof Phyrexia wrote:My connection is back up n running yay

Praise the Sun Praise the Sun !!
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:19 am

Comrades - yesterday was a good day of PvP. I got in some good training with the crescent axe on my DM. Many lossess but enough wins to know the weapon is very viable in PvP. I was invaded by a dude while crescent axe training in the Township who used to bang me and I him in the forest - after about 5 losses to him we developed a very good rappor even voice chatted. The dude is good with dual wielding. He may even be a participant in the "Battle for DkS II". And to top off the day Wulf and I hunted (well Wulf did all of the fighting Proper Bow ) a mod toon in Ano Londo for about 30 minutes (plus having to deal with invaders in between). Wulf went to toe-to-toe with the mod about 3-4 times (he got killed of course but did a very good job). Mods are becoming a serious problem.

Hey Wulf the dude sent me this PM after he BC'd out:

"Your buddy makes a great sparring partner, would love to work on parrying the faster weps but...~shrug~"

All in all it was very good day to die!!
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:10 pm

Dnt like that dude
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:22 pm

Yep I'm back online, and from the sound of it I get to look forward to people answering my survey questions! This way I can conclude with a decent # of people. So far the survey's results have been.....depressing. You can only understand so much of why people mod/hack.

As for my gank hunting, it went rather well. I invaded one dude like 4 times in a row. First time I saw him he was by himself...then he went and dun goofed. I saw the one thing...a forest hunter hates to see. "Summoning Phantom." The following video pretty much explains his story pretty well, and the hatemail he sent me.

Then I invaded a ganker who used 2 red summons...unfortuntely they were not brain dead and made sure not to hit each other. I ended using the spot under the bridge to even the odds...when suddenly. Vow of Silence. That threw a wrench in my plan, but I got a little 1v1 time with the host. VOS faded and I WOTG the summon and host off the ledge. So overall it was a good day, and I'm getting better at parries.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:54 am

Rudmed wrote: So far the survey's results have been.....depressing. You can only understand so much of why people mod/hack.

As for my gank hunting, it went rather well. I invaded one dude like 4 times in a row. First time I saw him he was by himself...then he went and dun goofed. I saw the one thing...a forest hunter hates to see. "Summoning Phantom."
    So overall it was a good day, and I'm getting better at parries.

Good stuff - nice job against the gank. These hacks/mods have reached a tipping point in my opinion. I have not had one single PvP session without running into one. I simply chalk it up to, as it is in real life, people will always choose the path of least resistance. Some people don't like challenges no matter whether it is in real life or a game. Oh well, we will give them what a want - a good death even if they have an edge.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:52 pm

So what big news has been happening recently? I'm too lazy to read the entire thread and I haven't played DkS in months. Lent my xbox to a friend, actually, so he can experience the wonders of forest douchebaggery.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:10 pm

Three of my backstabs were cancelled in a row. It all happened in under maybe 20 seconds. But the fourth one killed the phantom instantly. PW + RTSR is godly.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:47 am

Quarik wrote:So what big news has been happening recently? I'm too lazy to read the entire thread and I haven't played DkS in months. Lent my xbox to a friend, actually, so he can experience the wonders of forest douchebaggery.

Hey bro - I knew I hadn't seen you are around in a bit. Well the game is rife with mods with abilities (e.g. Karmic Justice Explosion) they shouldn't have. Buffing of non-buffable weapons is back to include spellswaps - so things are pretty much the same other than the nerfs (for the better I think) patch 1.06 introduced. Oh well the more things change the more they stay the same.

Hopefully you will be back on the frontlines soon.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 4:36 am