Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+26
Serious_Much
lextune
Katakato
ted1023
Brokewilly
JohnnyHarpoon
Scudman_Slayer
DxV04
deathsdragon
Forum Pirate
CrackSouls
meridam99
sids09
aceluby
Liff Daddy
Specter737
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Carphil
ErrJon6661
strangejoy
RANT
Whknight
reim0027
Toastfacekillah
nsane32
lucanious
30 posters

wrath of the gods nerf?

Poll

nerf or not

[ 16 ]
    wrath of the gods nerf? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap36%wrath of the gods nerf? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [36%] 
    [ 28 ]
    wrath of the gods nerf? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap64%wrath of the gods nerf? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [64%] 

Total Votes: 44
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

wrath of the gods nerf? - Page 2 Empty Re: wrath of the gods nerf?

Post by RANT Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:48 pm

yeah, faith has the worst spells, wog and the buffs are the only good spells. damn i want homing sunlight spear now.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:10 pm

In fact i'm surprised that only one covanent gives an item for gwyns soul! chaos could have given a pyro buff for gwyns flame sword effect, alvina's cov could have given away weapons from gwyns other knights (ciaran and Gough (hornet and hawk respectively)) Grave lord cov could have given a miracle similar to nito's scream sword that actually tracks opponents! DM could have given free access to gwyns tomb and the stuff there without killing gwyndolin (put the soul to rest) DW could have given you a sword with a life drain attack (4 kings sword?) pricess guard could have given you a revive miracle with a 60 faith req! Dragons could give you a dragon wing stone which would grow your dragon wings allowing for a different move set and a special plunging attack when you use the stone in dragon form.... did i forget a cov besides way of white?
    lucanious
    lucanious
    Regular
    Regular

Post by lucanious Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:39 am

i like that idea for cov. items alot! and i also liek the idea of the range/damage scale for wrath of gods. i would have settled for a slower casting time.
    Specter737
    Specter737
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Specter737 Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:48 am

I like the covenant rewards idea a lot!
    How BA would it be to be able to use Nito's aoe attack. Maybe with some poison in there, it could be his miasma, and work like wog+poison mist... I like.
    Liff Daddy
    Liff Daddy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Liff Daddy Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:12 pm

Decreasing the damage the further away you are from the caster would be good.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:34 pm

Never had an issue w/ this spell and don't really understand all the complaints people have w/ it.
    sids09
    Casual
    Casual

Post by sids09 Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:36 pm

WoG *** me up mightily. Maybe I just had a bad experience or something, but the dude makes no effort to use weapons (or anything else) -- just swarms and bubbles me to death and then shrugs.

Note: I'm low-level, heavily invested in Int and therefore low health/poise, and I'm working through the game (ideally without using a guide), hence have no protective humanity. I think if those factors were different, WoG wouldn't be much of a problem -- but for people like me it completely breaks the multiplayer.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:50 pm

sids09 wrote:WoG *** me up mightily. Maybe I just had a bad experience or something, but the dude makes no effort to use weapons (or anything else) -- just swarms and bubbles me to death and then shrugs.

Note: I'm low-level, heavily invested in Int and therefore low health/poise, and I'm working through the game (ideally without using a guide), hence have no protective humanity. I think if those factors were different, WoG wouldn't be much of a problem -- but for people like me it completely breaks the multiplayer.

Don't let them swarm you? As an int build you should be looking to keep your distance any way. As soon as you see the build up for the cast, roll away. Int builds should rarely be caught by this spell. It's most effective against backstab and straight melee builds.
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:56 pm

aceluby wrote:
    sids09 wrote:WoG *** me up mightily. Maybe I just had a bad experience or something, but the dude makes no effort to use weapons (or anything else) -- just swarms and bubbles me to death and then shrugs.

Don't let them swarm you? As an int build you should be looking to keep your distance any way. As soon as you see the build up for the cast, roll away. Int builds should rarely be caught by this spell. It's most effective against backstab and straight melee builds.

Amen...

Last edited by meridam99 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : put my comment in the middle of quote...DOHHHHh)
    sids09
    Casual
    Casual

Post by sids09 Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:57 pm

aceluby wrote:Don't let them swarm you? As an int build you should be looking to keep your distance any way. As soon as you see the build up for the cast, roll away. Int builds should rarely be caught by this spell. It's most effective against backstab and straight melee builds.

Rolling away < sprinting towards. Granted, I could turn around and SPRINT away, but then I get lag BSed. If I roll backwards, it's a matter seconds before I'm caught anyway. Cannot stop the swarm.
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:21 pm

I don't think it should be nerfed, but maybe if it was limited to ONE slot instead. I'm so tired of seeing a toon cast it more than 6 times...
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:59 pm

sids09 wrote:
    aceluby wrote:Don't let them swarm you? As an int build you should be looking to keep your distance any way. As soon as you see the build up for the cast, roll away. Int builds should rarely be caught by this spell. It's most effective against backstab and straight melee builds.

Rolling away < sprinting towards. Granted, I could turn around and SPRINT away, but then I get lag BSed. If I roll backwards, it's a matter seconds before I'm caught anyway. Cannot stop the swarm.

You roll away as they cast it. It's quite easy to roll out of and they have very limited casts. You can most definitely 'stop the swarm', just expect it whenever you see a talisman out, identify the cast animation, and learn to roll out of it. Also, cast your spells at them while they cast it. A soul spear to the face will usually do the trick.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:15 pm

Man the community is pretty evenly split on this issue, nice to see some good debates.wrath of the gods nerf? - Page 2 3207319737

I want to bring up that if you are trying to roll away lag can easily play against you and you'll still get caught. The few times I have been WoG'd I knew it was coming, I was in the process of rolling backwards and yet I still get caught and the first hit stuns me enough that the invader casts the rest until I'm dead.

The only sure way seems to be flipping and that in itself is another annoying issue all together. A good amount of the times I try to surprise a griefer who is flipping around with WoG, and I'm stupidly fast at it, they just flip backwards right as it goes off it seems and take no damage what so ever, only to flip back and land an attack against my shield.

I see the issue more as, it's good/ok to use in certain situations when you are being played unfairly and we want it the way it is. Yet when it's used against us and we die from it to much we want it nerfed so that it can't be done. I would really like to see it become a more defensive spell, throw in some knockback at least so you can't get stunlocked/destroyed, and the range to damage dealt is certainly a nice idea though I imagine it could still be used to grief if luck was with them.

Just my new thoughts about it~
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:34 pm

the thing that works the best for me is never roll backwards, ever! you'll get caught in it, roll towards them and bs them, thats whay ialways do.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:02 pm

I've been fine rolling out, and I've been fine rolling forward. The only time I've been caught in WoG spam is when I've tried to interrupt a WoG chain with my own attack. As a general rule roll interuption >stagger attack >attack interruption. In other words, people get stunlocked in large part because they try to attack during a stunning chain rather than rolling out.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:15 pm

strangejoy wrote:I've been fine rolling out, and I've been fine rolling forward. The only time I've been caught in WoG spam is when I've tried to interrupt a WoG chain with my own attack. As a general rule roll interuption >stagger attack >attack interruption. In other words, people get stunlocked in large part because they try to attack during a stunning chain rather than rolling out.

its better to bs them than attack them, if youre trying to attack while someone is psamming wog thats just dumb, specially if they have high poise armor.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:08 pm

as i've said previously, its a powerful and useful tool. the problem isnt the tool its the abusers. its punishable if you know how. your time would be better spent learning to kill the spammers than campaigning for a nerf of everything they spam. otherwise all spells and most melee weapon would slow be nerfed to worthlessness. teaching others how to counter the spammers would also decrease the effectiveness of spamming and so decrease its frequency. do that instead. i'm tired of listening to 'ITS UNFAIR' whining esp here with the hard core pvpers, its unbecoming and is the reason many modern games are so blasted dull. life isnt fair, not everyone/thing is created equal, as such the concept of balance has little place in pvp. some of you will always be better than me. should i campaign to have you banned as well? wog effective, learn to deal with its users and leave it at that.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:11 pm

God forbid Dark Souls gets Tanaka... 'BALANCE SOULS' would be the new title. Then everyone would quit <.<;
    deathsdragon
    deathsdragon
    Regular
    Regular

Post by deathsdragon Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:11 pm

I've Found a quick Roll and a Crystal Soul Arrow teaches people not to spam WOTG.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:33 pm

jajaja im so happy no nerf is winning silly
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:36 pm

It's still pretty close, should the third option of buff be added to this?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:54 pm

DxV04 wrote:jajaja im so happy no nerf is winning silly

i feel the same way about the hornets ring too.
    @your location a bleach reference?
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:54 pm

- Easy to dodge

yes it is easy to dodge

however if there's lag your hopes of dodging it will be thrown out of the window because it will hit you even if you roll backwards or to the side

before people start saying "its easy as hell to dodge,u suck shut the *** up!"

im only gonna say this im braziliam,most people i play the game online with are american,so yeah if you put some thought in there you'll see that there will be lag
    (thats not meant to insult anyone i just decided to leave this here in case anyone tries to actually defend the thing)

- it casts too fast

yes it does and yes thats the only thing about it that needs to be nerfed,back in demon's souls it was balanced because if you managed to pull it off it would turn the tide of battle

- it is easily spammable

yes a lot and i mean A LOT of people play through the game multiple times just to get multiple casts of it

thus allowing them to spam it away on any opponent for an easy win

and no you cannot block it most of the time if the guy spams

because if you try to block it with a greatshield (like greatshield of artorias) they will be able to cast it faster than you will be able to move and will keep spamming making so that 5 WoGs at minimun will take down all your stamina and will just throw you to the ground and while getting up
    thrown into the ground again and again until you die

before people say "no one in their right minds would play through the game multiple times to get more casts of it"

well there is people that would do that i've seen someone spam WoG 15 times,15 STINCKIN TIMES

(again not meant to insult anyone)

-it does little damage against heavily armored oppoents

yes however if spammed and if the lag helps the hit to connect
    and if the guy has 15 casts of it you're dead either way

Last edited by Scudman_Slayer on Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to add another thing)
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:12 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:
    DxV04 wrote:jajaja im so happy no nerf is winning silly

i feel the same way about the hornets ring too.
    @your location a bleach reference?

Yes sir it is. I name my toons by Bleach names too. If I had the time I would try to build some to look like them. but no time. bounce
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:14 pm

@ scudman.

Yea I agree that lag will make it more difficult to roll through it or away from it. There is no way to deny that. I still say leave it alone tho.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:12 am