Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+26
Serious_Much
lextune
Katakato
ted1023
Brokewilly
JohnnyHarpoon
Scudman_Slayer
DxV04
deathsdragon
Forum Pirate
CrackSouls
meridam99
sids09
aceluby
Liff Daddy
Specter737
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Carphil
ErrJon6661
strangejoy
RANT
Whknight
reim0027
Toastfacekillah
nsane32
lucanious
30 posters

wrath of the gods nerf?

Poll

nerf or not

[ 16 ]
    wrath of the gods nerf? - Page 4 I_vote_lcap36%wrath of the gods nerf? - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [36%] 
    [ 28 ]
    wrath of the gods nerf? - Page 4 I_vote_lcap64%wrath of the gods nerf? - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [64%] 

Total Votes: 44
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

wrath of the gods nerf? - Page 4 Empty Re: wrath of the gods nerf?

Post by Serious_Much Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:01 pm

No nerf, easily avoidable, not even bad unless you're incapable of rolling away from it.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:21 pm

a wise man once said 'use the freaking crest shield thats what its there for!!' but people didnt listen and they kept getting raped.
    Gorgrim

Post by Gorgrim Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:22 pm

Wow im surprised the no nerf is winning. IMO it should absolutely be nerfed in either start up/cool down, aoe or dmg. Its simply too fast, ppl pull this move out instantly to change matches i don't like it.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:29 pm

A cooldown timer would fix this issue. -________-

If you don't have a problem with avoiding the spell thats great, this would make the game easier for you. If you have a massive problem with it getting nerfed then all I can assume is that you spam the spell.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:43 pm

ErrJon6661 wrote:A cooldown timer would fix this issue. -________-

If you don't have a problem with avoiding the spell thats great, this would make the game easier for you. If you have a massive problem with it getting nerfed then all I can assume is that you spam the spell.
    no, i stand on principle. the claymore is great too, so because griefers use +15 lightening claymores against charecters/players unprepared for it, it should be nerfed? being ready for any threat is your job, i admit lag can suck, but spammer or not if i'm killed by it, its my fault 90% of the time. i can apply the same statistic to everything else pvp related so i dont believe it needs a nerf.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:52 pm

if people get a nerf for wog i want lightning to be taken out of the game and the following weapons: zwei, claymore, all katanas and every weapon everyone and spell that kills me too fast cause i suck against it.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:55 pm

The claymore and wog are two different issues, the griefer is most likely using the bb glitch and this is an exploit that needs addressing more that wog.

My issue with wog is that if the enemy gets 1 successful cast of it I am done. My character is knocked over or stunlocked and there is nothing that I can do. Dodging that 1 hit is a gamble with the lag. I may do it, I may not. At that point its not in my hands, even if my timing is perfectly in sync with what I see on my screen it may not be what is actually happening at that second in time. Shields can help you defend against a cast or two of the spell, but if the person spams it a shield will just delay death. An easy fix for this is high poise and/or a greatshield. My question though is why should only one type of build (ie tank/turtle) be able to defend against a spell?

My post was a bit rash and I apologize.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:08 pm

the same reason the faith heavy, vit gouged, wog, divine weapon user can trade with magic attacks that murder nonfaith builds. combat style difference. wog does magic damage yes but its hitting with physical force, same as a claymore, and tanks handle physical force the best. as a dev i would have considered making it slightly stronger and deal physical damage instead but, now that its been established already, i'm against changing it untill the next game (if there is one of course).
    Eliteknight
    Eliteknight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Eliteknight Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:36 pm

I can tell who is a good pvper and who is just average when the good pvpers dodge the wrath cast.

Imo pvp needs to be balanced under optional conditions assuming both players are equally skilled.

I don't buy arguments like, "I spend most of my soul levels in intellect and use no poise armor, pvp isn't balanced for me!" well no crap genius, if you don't optimize for pvp you get smashed by people that do. If I spend 100 soul levels in resistance./attunement is pvp supposed to be balanced around my stupid build to? Or do we balance around the assumption that people are building intelligently? I prefer the latter.

Lag is another argument I don't like seeing, even though I do sympathize. If you are lagging enough that spells are hitting you seconds after you appear to dodge then you have to much lag for pvp to be balanced ever. How can you expect it to be? I get killed occasionally by crystal soul-whatever-it-is-they-have-attuned even though I dodged it, I chalk it up to the lag and move on.

Wrath of the gods is very easy to dodge when its used offensively, the only way to land hits with it if your opponent can dodge it is to cast it defensively, so its just like most faith spells in that respect.

Last edited by Eliteknight on Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:38 pm

Until they stop people from being able to do cartwheels in Havel's armor, the WoG should stay the way it is. If you play as a casting cleric, this is the only thing that can save you against ninjas in tank armor.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:55 pm

Back Lot Basher wrote:Until they stop people from being able to do cartwheels in Havel's armor, the WoG should stay the way it is. If you play as a casting cleric, this is the only thing that can save you against ninjas in tank armor.

The problem is that those ninjas in tank armor also Spam WoG, so who wins?
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:19 pm

If they fixed everything that people complained about, everyone would be running around in Clown suits with balloon swords!
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:23 pm

meridam99 wrote:If they fixed everything that people complained about, everyone would be running around in Clown suits with balloon swords!

Balloon swords need to be nerfed.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:24 am

strangejoy wrote:
    meridam99 wrote:If they fixed everything that people complained about, everyone would be running around in Clown suits with balloon swords!

Balloon swords need to be nerfed.

Ha!

lol!

big grin
    lucanious
    lucanious
    Regular
    Regular

Post by lucanious Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:04 pm

ok so i did a lot of pvp the last few days with a few different builds and the WoTG wasnt as bad as it previously seemed. i still think it can be cast a little too quickly, i tried rolling through on multiple occasions and i always got hit on the roll so idk what you guys meant by that. i had like 92 poise and it still knocked me back and can interrupt any attack. i think some of these things need to be tweaked but the damage didnt seem to do as much as before. i think it should either be slowed on casting speed or take less stamina while blocking. that is all
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:33 pm

lucanious wrote:ok so i did a lot of pvp the last few days with a few different builds and the WoTG wasnt as bad as it previously seemed. i still think it can be cast a little too quickly, i tried rolling through on multiple occasions and i always got hit on the roll so idk what you guys meant by that. i had like 92 poise and it still knocked me back and can interrupt any attack. i think some of these things need to be tweaked but the damage didnt seem to do as much as before. i think it should either be slowed on casting speed or take less stamina while blocking. that is all

Lucanious - don't try to the roll through the WoG - you should roll around the outside of the blast radius (i.e. you are in the act of rolling/flipping back or sideways when the WoG goes off). It's kinda like being glued to the outside of huge beach ball. If you time your roll/flip just right you will take little to no damage & stun effect. WoG is only dangerous when you are very close to your opponent. If possible try to bait your opponent into using it (so you know they have it early in the fight - don't wait til you are low on HP to find out they have it!) - meaning get close to them but not too close and be ready to roll/evade sideways when you first see the animation start (or back maybe - I have had better luck sideways).

I don't believe WoG should be nerfed because I only use it defensively (usually fighting 2v1) or if I can easily win a fight by blowing my opponent off a cliff or to deliver the deathblow. Using it as primary weapon does not make sense to me.

ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:41 pm

Thats how YOU use it though. Not everyone uses it light that. Anymore if I see someone switch to a talisman I just run. Its not worth gambling with their 9+ casts of WoG. Combine that with the fact that 70% of people who spam it are flipping mask tanks. If they don't get you with the wog they're going to spam r1 or pivot backstab you. The dodging technique you guys talk about works if you experience little to no lag. But a lot of people lag and thats just how it is. And you can only dodge so much. 9 casts in a row you're bound to get hit, and if you're anywhere but a wide open area I guarantee you're not dodging all 9 casts.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:57 pm

ErrJon6661 wrote:Thats how YOU use it though. Not everyone uses it light that. Anymore if I see someone switch to a talisman I just run. Its not worth gambling with their 9+ casts of WoG. Combine that with the fact that 70% of people who spam it are flipping mask tanks. If they don't get you with the wog they're going to spam r1 or pivot backstab you. The dodging technique you guys talk about works if you experience little to no lag. But a lot of people lag and thats just how it is. And you can only dodge so much. 9 casts in a row you're bound to get hit, and if you're anywhere but a wide open area I guarantee you're not dodging all 9 casts.

*meets a guy spamming that*

*he spams it*

*i evade it as much as i can*

*as im out of range and he'll probably run up to me i use emit force miracle*

*he gets knocked down on his ****

*does it again*

*he dies*

"HOW DO YOU LIKE A TASTE OF YOUR OWN REMEDY?"

thats what i did once when i actually had emit force now i only have force miracle but...i have my dark hand which blocks most of the damage the wog will do so always keeping that up and dodging of course

however its WAY TOO FRICKING FAST in my opinion
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:36 am

ErrJon6661 wrote:Thats how YOU use it though. Not everyone uses it light that. Anymore if I see someone switch to a talisman I just run. Its not worth gambling with their 9+ casts of WoG. Combine that with the fact that 70% of people who spam it are flipping mask tanks. If they don't get you with the wog they're going to spam r1 or pivot backstab you. The dodging technique you guys talk about works if you experience little to no lag. But a lot of people lag and thats just how it is. And you can only dodge so much. 9 casts in a row you're bound to get hit, and if you're anywhere but a wide open area I guarantee you're not dodging all 9 casts.

roll bs punish. into a bs chain if you feel like sinking to their level. lag always sucks but playing defensively against wog gets you nowhere, its scary as hell but aggression is my best solution. works better if you're baiting them into casting, you'll know its coming and when to dodge.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:21 am

Don't get caught in an area where you can't dodge out of it. If he drives you into an area that you can't roll out of is it an issue w/ the spell or an issue w/ his strategy beating yours?

Based on everything you just complained about, what on gods earth can a player do that you wouldn't consider cheap? No wog, no 'spamming' r1 (which I assume is just attacking...), no backstabs... what's left? How do you possibly fight if you follow these rules?
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:40 pm

Allow me to clarify a bit.

There are levels and times where you have to way to get to an open area. If you get invaded in the interior area of anor londo with all the rooms and hallways, you have no way to get out.

Second spamming r1 isn't cheap. But when you have under 50 poise and they have a large weapon there is no way out.

Lastly, bsing isnt cheap. I didn't say that.

My problem is not with the spell being used its the fact that you can cast it continuously. I have no issue with the spell being used in the way it was intended. Punishing heavy weapon users or backstabbers. Stopping casters or fending off groups. Stopping people spamming r1 without using a parry. The spell was never intended to be cast continuously 9 times in a row. I find it sickening that people will do nothing but cast this spell in pvp.

And every solution you guys are suggesting works. I'm not going to deny that. Rolling, charging and getting a bs, doing a roll bs, they all work. The issue is if someone's lagging. Being a fraction of a second behind your opponent can turn a perfectly timed roll into a slightly off roll that allows them to land the hit. And I wouldn't mind this but the fact that after that first hit they can keep casting it over and over and over again until you die. If you get hit by WoG you might as well put the controller down because you are going to die.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:44 pm

...Sigh.

The Speed, Range, and Amount of Miracles the player can hold is ridiculous. It does not seem reasonable I have to be forced to use the Crest Shield or a Great Shield because a miracle such as that makes it a pain, as rolling normally seems to always never work. If they decrease a slight amount of damage, or a slight amount of speed, it would be reasonable to make it more mellow. Decreasing the Force or amount of miracles would be less reasonable.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:07 am