Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+51
ClassicBlaze
Hue
Gyonimizotetsu
Blaze1st
SEANB240
Bubbahotep
FattyOfDoom
Eolan
baltis
TheTruth
TehInfamousAmos
cloudyeki
Matthew718
Sal Paradise
Wade_Wilson
lxtab
skarekrow13
stinkers78
Yukon
Shkar
FlamingHarlekin
hortator
ViralEnsign_
Serious_Much
DoughGuy
pylorih
PastaOfDoom
ublug
Doelker
Artorias
SilenceOfKnights
WyrmHero
steal_yer_bike
Gorgrim
Gol
Spurgun
Emergence
lunardose
Tolvo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
JY4answer
ChizFreak
BishopG
Kyubi-Nick
nsane32
menianoon
sunbro
jjshowal
drago1uk2000
Carphil
User
55 posters

The Search for Lore

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

The Search for Lore  - Page 8 Empty Re: The Search for Lore

Post by User Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:20 am

Sorry, on iPod. Will explain soon the questions above.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:30 am

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t54p135-the-search-for-lore-acidic-cook#27063

I did a post about Allfather Lloyd.

As Allfather Lloyd has a Trueborns coming from his area, it would be more so that the Firekeeper has an Uncle Lloyd, while Gwyn is his uncle by marriage, not blood.

As he hunts down the dead and undead (it aims to hunt down the skeletons too), it can be said that he hunts down the undead for many reasons
    - The hollow that become drones of disparity and possibly chaos as well
    - Against necromancy arts and other such black arts
    - For better protection and exploration of going into the Catacombs/Tomb of Giants

It can be said that these different reasons are what Lloyd has for hunting down undead. As their is no information of him killing such undead to stop the flame, it is probably more so for the dead, dead (skeletons), as the clerics and paladins travel their to obtain and protect some of the special artifacts and relics that are in Lordran, and more so the Tomb of Giants (such as the Large Flame Ember, Rite of kindling, Etc.)

As for Lloyd himself? Not much. Their is barely any record of him in any form, although his followers, items, miracles, and other such things hint to what he aims towards, in which aims for the flame of disparity to live on, and for Lloyd to rule with an alliance with the Gods of Sun. But their is only one that might be left in Lordran that is not changed and able to, the God of War. If he is searching for a meeting with him, it might be that the God of War is somewhere.

Solaire? It seems a little bit simple to pick him, almost as Ceaseless to the Son of Chaos... I have a feeling that the Onion Knight has some form of play. Unlike the other knights and such we have seen, he only depends on the arms, and uses no other form of weaponry. A philosophy in which the God of War followed. Solaire, however, uses Lightning Spears, in which even the Great Lightning Spear defies that it was used a lot by the God of War (as he depended only on his arm). However I have no proof of it, I have a feeling that it is him... he seems to know the entire world head from shoulder. Unlike Solaire, the onion Knight did not enter neither from the shortcut of the chaos covenant, nor from the centipede road as Solaire can follow (and the Son of Chaos). Instead, the Onion Knight found another way in. Curious, isn't it? I would like to know him and his ties, and it seems that he is important... but I have a suspicion as of what his daughter is doing their (I already made such comments before hand). She says that he went hollow, but she states that if he does go hollow, she will have to kill him again. This is in Firelink Shrine, when she knows where her father is. I think she murdered the normal Onion Knight, not a hollowed one. Still... their is nothing on him yet.

The search continues.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:37 am

I disagree that the lightning spear miracle goes against the god of war's philosiphy. It is a lightning 'spear'. To the god of war the lightning spear may just be a spear of lightning. The action of casting it involves throwing so perhaps strength does come into it. However I do diagree with Solaire being the God of War. I don't know about the Onion Knight. I suppose his armour works well to hide his identity from anyne who could suspect who he is but I've always seen him as a simple adventurer looking for adventure. Unfortunately I cannot comment on his daughter as I have only gotten her to firelink, no further. Does she ever give a reason for trying to find her father?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:38 am

Something odd I found, though I could be sorely mistaken. By using binoculars I was looking closely at her face, and she was a different ethnicity than her father.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:42 am

"Miracle passed down to those bound by the Warrior of Sunlight covenant. Hurl giant lightning spear.
    The weapon of the God of War, who inherited the sunlight of Lord Gwyn, but had respect only for arms, and nothing else."

The God of War shows disagreement as such. Even though he inherited the sunlight of Lord Gwyn, as many of the warriors before him did, he did not respect it at all; Only his arm, his weapon, was what he cared for. The power of the sunlight was nothing to him at the time. As Solaire seeks his own sun, the miracles even removes the idea in which Solaire is the God of War... unless things have changed since then.

To give a message from her mother. That is what she cared to give. Well for the Onion Knight, he goes all the way to Anor Londo, back to the Undead World, down to Lost Izalith, and then resides in Ash Lake, in which he dies by his daughter, as she claims to be.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:47 am

I think Velka is the Pygmy. She has the Power of the Dark Soul. She uses that power to keep the First Flame alive, feeding it with humanities. She has the Dark Miracles, Dark Ember and Large Flame Ember. Oswald the Pardoner says that it is only human to commit a sin. She sins with having Priscilla with Seath. She meets Kaathe and begins to plan the Age of Darkness. Everything is connected. I loved the part of the two opposite Daughters seeing each other in Anor Londo. One is the goddess of fertility and sunlight, the other an Antithesis to all human life. Congratulations Acid, I love Priscilla more now thanks to you, lol.

Last edited by WyrmHero on Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:48 am; edited 1 time in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:48 am

Probably the one thing that had me convinced it was Velka was in that unless I see an item relating to her at the moment, I always forget about her. lol
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:51 am

Tolvo wrote:Probably the one thing that had me convinced it was Velka was in that unless I see an item relating to her at the moment, I always forget about her. lol

+1 LOL
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:52 am

Okay that makes sense. It could be possible that the god of war changed though. After losing his godhood his principles may have changed to survive. But I have already pointed out I dont think its Solaire so I will stop arguing about him. The onion knight on the other hand ... He does get around. He must have knowledge of the area. His comments during the anor londo room fight imply he needed more ordinary fighters working to a battle plan. There is evidence. Are there ny other candidates?
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:54 am

some that I can think of right now:

People said it is Ornstein due to the hint of a spear from the statue... but that is the only hint as such.

that's it.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:55 am

I remember that I've always been curious about the possibility of Artorias.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:58 am

... hm, no. It seems to point the Four Kings to be Artorias, as it seems that such evidence as stated before has shown:

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t54p165-the-search-for-lore-acidic-cook#28557

Artorias is less likely than Ornstein, in my opinion. In fact, I can say that none of the four knights that are loyal to Gwyn would be the God of War. But that is just what I see.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:00 am

I do believe he is the Four Kings, but I still think it is possible. He is a being of darkness that to our knowledge relied simply on his arms, possibly until turning to the dark. As well with his help and that Dark Wraiths he has in turned worked well into the idea of warfare, and possibly helping with his descent given his failure. With this as well there is the relation of Velka and possibly a reason for him to follow his mother into such an area. I just think it is a possibility, I don't have concrete evidence but I wouldn't outright rule it out. The spear does kind of turn me away from Artorias as well as some of what you have mentioned in the past. It's just that intuition nagging at the back of my skull.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:02 am

DoughGuy wrote:Okay that makes sense. It could be possible that the god of war changed though. After losing his godhood his principles may have changed to survive. But I have already pointed out I dont think its Solaire so I will stop arguing about him. The onion knight on the other hand ... He does get around. He must have knowledge of the area. His comments during the anor londo room fight imply he needed more ordinary fighters working to a battle plan. There is evidence. Are there ny other candidates?

Is the corpse next to Darkmoon Tomb from the God of War??? Or is just some dead Hollow wearing his ring?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:04 am

Wyrm, another thing I always wondered given that I can't think of a reason for that ring to be there along with the possibility of him being driven to suicide due to his failure.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:08 am

All right, let me put it in this perspective then.

When Gwyn lost his status as the Lord of Sunlight, and after some rough circumstances, the God of War went to the alter of the Lord of Sunlight (now guarded by Gwyndolin), and left a Sunlight Blade behind, before leaving everything behind him in self exile as such, after losing his godly deity.

The Four Knights were the followers of Gwyn. They were tasked to Shepard the citizens of New Londo, and help the Gods of Anor Londo to maintain order. This included all four knights. In the end, however, Artorias was consumed with the idea of dark, and lead to killing the others or banished them, in which took the throne as his own.

The Four Kings had stayed in Lordran, in which caused Gwyn to suffer severe traumas that lead to him becoming hollowed during the battle against chaos at the start. The God of War, filled with sorrow and guilt, left Lordran, leaving a part of his inheritance behind, the inheritance being the Sunlight of the Lord Gwyn. the Sunlight Blade, if it were. The Four Kings, Artorias, took the Dark for the philosophy in which Kaathe presented, stating Gwyn as weak and fearful, unable to lead at all (it shows in his dialogue to you, the chosen undead). he would not show pity and leave anything behind afterwards, for New Londo was flooded after his tyranny was growing to fast, and the Darkwraith infestation grew.

The God of War left Lordran during the second war. The Four Kings never did; They were trapped in Lordran in the Abyss, by the flooded world that is now New Londo. Curious, how both the ghosts and Artorias have similar weapon textures.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:17 am

Soul of Ornstein, Dragonslayer Knight who guards the cathedral in the forsaken city of Anor Londo.

Special being have special souls. Lord Gywn granted this soul to his four most trusted knights.

Guys, I think the God of War is long dead, his father granted his Soul to his Four Knights before going to Kiln to link the fire. I think. Thats why Ornstein can wield the Dragonslayer Spear, just like the God of War. If he is not dead, I concur with Acid, he left Lordran and MAYBE, he came back as Solaire but all his memories of being the God of War are forgotten...omg pendant
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:20 am

the Four Knights could have had a strong soul before Gwyn gave them the shards of his own soul when he left to replace the firekeeper. Ornstien was known to be the dragon slayer, and the high speeds and spear (which shoots lightning) is an effective way to slay them. He was given the weapon as a choice when he was a normal knight.

As for the God of War having such a spear... a statue of the alter of Sunlight may not be the God of War, but a destroyed figure to make room for such light. Or both the God of War and Ornstein used the same weapons, due to efficiency.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:26 am

Something I've always wondered is why that statue was there in the first place. Does anyone else find it very odd of a position for an Altar to the God of War?

Also I don't think we should just instantly accept what Acidic says as fact, we do need to form our own ideas and opinions as well. Though I agree with a lot of what he says I still disagree with and question some parts and aspects. I think us questioning him and discussing ideas actually will get him a better idea of his own findings, such is the way that information gathering works if you ask me. happy
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:28 am

Acidic_Cook wrote:the Four Knights could have had a strong soul before Gwyn gave them the shards of his own soul when he left to replace the firekeeper. Ornstien was known to be the dragon slayer, and the high speeds and spear (which shoots lightning) is an effective way to slay them. He was given the weapon as a choice when he was a normal knight.

As for the God of War having such a spear... a statue of the alter of Sunlight may not be the God of War, but a destroyed figure to make room for such light. Or both the God of War and Ornstein used the same weapons, due to efficiency.

That statue also wears the Great Lord Robes, Bracelets, Anklets, but not the Crown. I think it was destroyed when the God of War was erased from the annals of history. If it is not the God of War, maybe is a younger version of Lord Gwyn???? But why is it destroyed?

Last edited by WyrmHero on Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:31 am; edited 1 time in total
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:31 am

I see you understand. Good. +1.

I search for lore. I am not the maker of FROM, and as such do not know the whole story. I have been wrong before, and it is possible I can be wrong again. However many of the things stated before are seen as speculation, and have used that word a good amount. My job is to find the lore. In this I make errors, and in return learn and adapt, making them right along the path of the whole.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:36 am

The god of war losing his memories and needing the pendant to restore them is a good one +1 Wyrm. You just need to find a way to keep Solaire and Siege alive and test the pendant on them. Following this logic if you started with the pendant the god of war could be the pygmy. The god puts his memories in the pendant and passes it along his bloodline waiting until the age of man is near. He then hangs out near anor londo waiting until his memories are returmed by his descendant. Rhea/Petrus is also a descendant which is why one of them holds a pendant.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:44 am

... Gonna have to wait tolvo. Won't allow me to give you any. A day or two later, perhaps. Going to bed, I'll discuss these things tomorrow.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:38 am

I like a lot of what I see here, still not quite satisfied with Artorias as the Four Kings. He does after all, have a grave with relics left behind.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:04 am

Forgive my ignorance on this subject but colour someone tell me who siege is or direct me to that section of the thread. Also loving this theory about the pendant restoring the God of Wars memories. Way to read into two items. Perhaps, if this hasn't already been mentioned, is shown in the strange description of the pendant which reads as the sunlight medal?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:50 am