Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+51
ClassicBlaze
Hue
Gyonimizotetsu
Blaze1st
SEANB240
Bubbahotep
FattyOfDoom
Eolan
baltis
TheTruth
TehInfamousAmos
cloudyeki
Matthew718
Sal Paradise
Wade_Wilson
lxtab
skarekrow13
stinkers78
Yukon
Shkar
FlamingHarlekin
hortator
ViralEnsign_
Serious_Much
DoughGuy
pylorih
PastaOfDoom
ublug
Doelker
Artorias
SilenceOfKnights
WyrmHero
steal_yer_bike
Gorgrim
Gol
Spurgun
Emergence
lunardose
Tolvo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
JY4answer
ChizFreak
BishopG
Kyubi-Nick
nsane32
menianoon
sunbro
jjshowal
drago1uk2000
Carphil
User
55 posters

The Search for Lore

DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

The Search for Lore  - Page 8 Empty Re: The Search for Lore

Post by DoughGuy Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:31 am

Wow that was unexpected ... I have an idea but I'm struggling a bit to understand parts of what you wrote so forgive if I am wrong in what i say. Perhaps Velka's fall to darkness was caused by the exstinguishment of the first flame. Either when it was exstinguished she almost went hollow, realised her weakness being tied to the flame and attempted to divorce herself from the flame to survive or she exstinguished it herself to appease Seath or for some other reason. I'll try reading this again soon to see if I can grasp it better.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:34 am

I am sorry. i know my description of her are not as explained... but I will answer your questions if you have any.

My mind is just emotional from the finds right now. Although my logic and instinct still function fine, all of it is grasping onto Dark Souls as if it is part of life. I guess it is, in a way now. I feel pissed, and not much joy comes to me putting a good amount of description as before posts. But I will answer if needed... just ask.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:37 am

If Velka was the firekeeper and she gave the souls from the flame to Gwyn and the witch while creating Nito did she give the soul to the pygmy or did they find it themself?
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:42 am

Well, she would have given the Souls of the Flame Lords to the beings, it is clear. It is by no coincidence that the three stated before had obtained such a Flame Soul. The Pygmy...

The Pygmy right now is either Velka, the Firekeeper, or the God of War. every time I try to clarify either or, it seems to draw to both of them. it is hard to say whether the God of War or the Goddess of Sin is the Pygmy... The God of War shows promise of it at times, however velka does as well. The rpoblem is that 'Pygmy' is never, ever used for anything in the game, other than the prologue. The only creature, Kaathe, speculates of an ancestor of sorts, and it seems to point to Velka as it seems. However, it is hard to say if he is pointing to her, or her son.

Like I said, the search continues for the Pygmy. But by far it is either or, their is no question about it. Just don;t know if it is either or. It seems it would be the God of War, since the Firekeeper would have a Firekeeper Soul filled with humanity, but not a soul of the Flame Lords... ugh, speculation and search as such still continues in that front.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:49 am

Hmmm. You are right. However thikn about how warlike of a race humanity is. Ot makes sense for the God of War to be the ancestor of humanity. I suppose however, sin is also a trait you see much of in Dark Souls. It is an enigma. I think the wording of the prologue gives the final evidence. The pygmy is "so eaily forgotten". velka is not a forgotten figure in the dark souls world while the God of War is known to basically no-one. Virtually only the sunbros would know of him. In that I would think the god of war would be the pygmy.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:51 am

Like I said, it is hard to say. Both show evidence as such... But which?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:53 am

Alright, this time I'm going to guess. Because then we would have been on the same page about the fire keeper, because I have believed Velka was the original Fire Keeper and Gwyn's possible mate for some time. After going through New Londo a few times and the Painted World it just seemed to click with me, though I didn't really have anything to bring to the table like you did.

Now I feel like I should guess who the god of war is and see if I'm right, given my track record.

Alright I've got nothing other than Solaire, his Summon spot at Gwyn has perplexed me for some time.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:57 am

Surely if the God of War was Solaire his death would prevent you from levelling up in the sunbro's from then on. Something to do is to look at the statue at the sunlight altar. Use the binoculars and focus on the face. See if you can match it up to any other characters in the game. Also look at his equipment for clues. He reminds me of ornstein but thats not possible.

Acidic what onformation do you have on Lloyd? Because he is one character I feel we do not have enough info on.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:00 am

Actually that is a good point to bring up. If allfather Lloyd is the father in Law to Gwyn wouldn't that mean that Lloyd has some relations to the Witches of Izalith, Seath the Scaleless, and his clerics from Thorulund and Nito? Is it possible he actually has his hands so deep in Lordran indirectly in some matter? As well New Londo given Velka's possible connection with Kaathe and the Dark Wraiths.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:05 am

The first question that needs to be answered about him - Is he Gwyn or Velka's uncle? Does he ahte the undead because he supports Gwyn's age of fire or because he hates what his daughter Velka has become?
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:20 am

Sorry, on iPod. Will explain soon the questions above.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:30 am

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t54p135-the-search-for-lore-acidic-cook#27063

I did a post about Allfather Lloyd.

As Allfather Lloyd has a Trueborns coming from his area, it would be more so that the Firekeeper has an Uncle Lloyd, while Gwyn is his uncle by marriage, not blood.

As he hunts down the dead and undead (it aims to hunt down the skeletons too), it can be said that he hunts down the undead for many reasons
    - The hollow that become drones of disparity and possibly chaos as well
    - Against necromancy arts and other such black arts
    - For better protection and exploration of going into the Catacombs/Tomb of Giants

It can be said that these different reasons are what Lloyd has for hunting down undead. As their is no information of him killing such undead to stop the flame, it is probably more so for the dead, dead (skeletons), as the clerics and paladins travel their to obtain and protect some of the special artifacts and relics that are in Lordran, and more so the Tomb of Giants (such as the Large Flame Ember, Rite of kindling, Etc.)

As for Lloyd himself? Not much. Their is barely any record of him in any form, although his followers, items, miracles, and other such things hint to what he aims towards, in which aims for the flame of disparity to live on, and for Lloyd to rule with an alliance with the Gods of Sun. But their is only one that might be left in Lordran that is not changed and able to, the God of War. If he is searching for a meeting with him, it might be that the God of War is somewhere.

Solaire? It seems a little bit simple to pick him, almost as Ceaseless to the Son of Chaos... I have a feeling that the Onion Knight has some form of play. Unlike the other knights and such we have seen, he only depends on the arms, and uses no other form of weaponry. A philosophy in which the God of War followed. Solaire, however, uses Lightning Spears, in which even the Great Lightning Spear defies that it was used a lot by the God of War (as he depended only on his arm). However I have no proof of it, I have a feeling that it is him... he seems to know the entire world head from shoulder. Unlike Solaire, the onion Knight did not enter neither from the shortcut of the chaos covenant, nor from the centipede road as Solaire can follow (and the Son of Chaos). Instead, the Onion Knight found another way in. Curious, isn't it? I would like to know him and his ties, and it seems that he is important... but I have a suspicion as of what his daughter is doing their (I already made such comments before hand). She says that he went hollow, but she states that if he does go hollow, she will have to kill him again. This is in Firelink Shrine, when she knows where her father is. I think she murdered the normal Onion Knight, not a hollowed one. Still... their is nothing on him yet.

The search continues.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:37 am

I disagree that the lightning spear miracle goes against the god of war's philosiphy. It is a lightning 'spear'. To the god of war the lightning spear may just be a spear of lightning. The action of casting it involves throwing so perhaps strength does come into it. However I do diagree with Solaire being the God of War. I don't know about the Onion Knight. I suppose his armour works well to hide his identity from anyne who could suspect who he is but I've always seen him as a simple adventurer looking for adventure. Unfortunately I cannot comment on his daughter as I have only gotten her to firelink, no further. Does she ever give a reason for trying to find her father?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:38 am

Something odd I found, though I could be sorely mistaken. By using binoculars I was looking closely at her face, and she was a different ethnicity than her father.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:42 am

"Miracle passed down to those bound by the Warrior of Sunlight covenant. Hurl giant lightning spear.
    The weapon of the God of War, who inherited the sunlight of Lord Gwyn, but had respect only for arms, and nothing else."

The God of War shows disagreement as such. Even though he inherited the sunlight of Lord Gwyn, as many of the warriors before him did, he did not respect it at all; Only his arm, his weapon, was what he cared for. The power of the sunlight was nothing to him at the time. As Solaire seeks his own sun, the miracles even removes the idea in which Solaire is the God of War... unless things have changed since then.

To give a message from her mother. That is what she cared to give. Well for the Onion Knight, he goes all the way to Anor Londo, back to the Undead World, down to Lost Izalith, and then resides in Ash Lake, in which he dies by his daughter, as she claims to be.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:47 am

I think Velka is the Pygmy. She has the Power of the Dark Soul. She uses that power to keep the First Flame alive, feeding it with humanities. She has the Dark Miracles, Dark Ember and Large Flame Ember. Oswald the Pardoner says that it is only human to commit a sin. She sins with having Priscilla with Seath. She meets Kaathe and begins to plan the Age of Darkness. Everything is connected. I loved the part of the two opposite Daughters seeing each other in Anor Londo. One is the goddess of fertility and sunlight, the other an Antithesis to all human life. Congratulations Acid, I love Priscilla more now thanks to you, lol.

Last edited by WyrmHero on Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:48 am; edited 1 time in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:48 am

Probably the one thing that had me convinced it was Velka was in that unless I see an item relating to her at the moment, I always forget about her. lol
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:51 am

Tolvo wrote:Probably the one thing that had me convinced it was Velka was in that unless I see an item relating to her at the moment, I always forget about her. lol

+1 LOL
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:52 am

Okay that makes sense. It could be possible that the god of war changed though. After losing his godhood his principles may have changed to survive. But I have already pointed out I dont think its Solaire so I will stop arguing about him. The onion knight on the other hand ... He does get around. He must have knowledge of the area. His comments during the anor londo room fight imply he needed more ordinary fighters working to a battle plan. There is evidence. Are there ny other candidates?
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:54 am

some that I can think of right now:

People said it is Ornstein due to the hint of a spear from the statue... but that is the only hint as such.

that's it.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:55 am

I remember that I've always been curious about the possibility of Artorias.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:58 am

... hm, no. It seems to point the Four Kings to be Artorias, as it seems that such evidence as stated before has shown:

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t54p165-the-search-for-lore-acidic-cook#28557

Artorias is less likely than Ornstein, in my opinion. In fact, I can say that none of the four knights that are loyal to Gwyn would be the God of War. But that is just what I see.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:00 am

I do believe he is the Four Kings, but I still think it is possible. He is a being of darkness that to our knowledge relied simply on his arms, possibly until turning to the dark. As well with his help and that Dark Wraiths he has in turned worked well into the idea of warfare, and possibly helping with his descent given his failure. With this as well there is the relation of Velka and possibly a reason for him to follow his mother into such an area. I just think it is a possibility, I don't have concrete evidence but I wouldn't outright rule it out. The spear does kind of turn me away from Artorias as well as some of what you have mentioned in the past. It's just that intuition nagging at the back of my skull.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:02 am

DoughGuy wrote:Okay that makes sense. It could be possible that the god of war changed though. After losing his godhood his principles may have changed to survive. But I have already pointed out I dont think its Solaire so I will stop arguing about him. The onion knight on the other hand ... He does get around. He must have knowledge of the area. His comments during the anor londo room fight imply he needed more ordinary fighters working to a battle plan. There is evidence. Are there ny other candidates?

Is the corpse next to Darkmoon Tomb from the God of War??? Or is just some dead Hollow wearing his ring?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:04 am

Wyrm, another thing I always wondered given that I can't think of a reason for that ring to be there along with the possibility of him being driven to suicide due to his failure.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:58 am