Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
cloudyeki
Wade_Wilson
ChizFreak
skarekrow13
PhlyingDutchman
Scudman_Slayer
Tolvo
User
ViralEnsign_
DoughGuy
Yukon
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
WyrmHero
17 posters

The Son of Chaos.

Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

The Son of Chaos. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Son of Chaos.

Post by Yukon Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:36 pm

That was what I was trying to get across Doughguy, that they werent from your time.

Another theory is that like people can travel time to other worlds their corpses may be able to as well.

This is what I was trying to say, sorry if I was foggy on that.

I agree with that you said about laurtric, that never occured to me.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:53 pm

Okay so we are in agreement. The question now is who was the third corpse? The one holding a skull latern. Of course this thread is getting a bit off topic.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:52 am

Definitely a necromancer.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:36 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXB_2QXhAwQ&feature=g-all-u&context=G21a6cf4FAAAAAAAABAA

I hate to keep bringing this up but some of you will be happy and you were right. Ceaseless Discharge is confirmed to be the younger brother of the daughters of Chaos

see 9:05 for where it should start.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:57 pm

Wow really cool thanks for posting viral. It was really interesting in total.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:01 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXB_2QXhAwQ&feature=g-all-u&context=G21a6cf4FAAAAAAAABAA

I hate to keep bringing this up but some of you will be happy and you were right. Ceaseless Discharge is confirmed to be the younger brother of the daughters of Chaos

see 9:05 for where it should start.

Yep, he is right, I encourage any one interested in lore (cof, Acidic, cof) to check that video because it talks about an interview with the devs about the Artbook and some characters.

Last edited by ChizFreak on Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:01 pm

EVERYONE quick try to make ceaseless optional!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:37 pm

Well now we know that ceaseless is the son of chaos what do we do about Kirk? He's still a chaos servant member who's armour you find next to the white lady.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:57 pm

I have confirmed it as well Dough, Firesage dead, I can challenge the Centipede and have the shortcut open to Izalith, as well I have the orange fog removed with the Lordsvessel. Ceaseless, still alive, I can see him right now, since I used the elevator to the daughters of chaos.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:02 pm

So this begs the question, what does leaving him alive actually do? And do we change his description on the wiki to "optional"?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 pm

I'm tempted to go into NG+ to find out, though I have yet to...Drop a Pendant in front of him...I'll be back in a bit.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:09 pm

I'd love to try some stuff but I'm stuck at O&S (they keep dodging my pyromacies) and I've got to go out soon. Hopefully tonight i can rty something. My money is on Ceaseless untransforming when you kill th ebed of chaos or Quelaan saying something new after you beat the bed of chaos.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:31 pm

The pendant did nothing, I'm going to kill the BoC tonight and see if anything happens.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:19 am

Perhaps you can drop the pendant for him and that make him remember the happy memories of his sisters. Thus you can take the armour and not aggro him as he is too preocccupied.

Thought?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:32 am

Damn, why did he have to post that video today...well I guess I have to believe him.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:06 am

WyrmHero wrote:Damn, why did he have to post that video today...well I guess I have to believe him.

Techinically Japan is one day ahead of you so.....
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:21 pm

Well, I watched the video. Nothing has changed much, except for one thing. I am sure you know.

Ceaseless is the Son of Chaos. Guess I was wrong on that front, but that is the consequences of speculation and searching for things that have no exact proof towards. Of course, it does not mean I am entirely wrong on the Son of Chaos.

As Kirk has evidence of him being in lost Izalith before New Londo (already stated in my post in my search), it could be that since we only see Kirk as a Phantom, that he and ceaseless are the same. Of course it is hard to say, Ceaseless is the being that holding the Chaos Flame, which means that it could of changed not from the chaos flame itself, but the Chaos Ember from it. We only see Kirk as a phantom, which we can say is probably from the past or an alternate present (time and space hard to say in the world of time distortion).

it could be that they are the same, but their is no proof of that. Other than that, nothing has changed in my search other than the Son of Chaos. The search continues, but if he only stated some of what the director has stated, I would like to hear the rest from that book.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:25 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:Well, I watched the video. Nothing has changed much, except for one thing. I am sure you know.

Ceaseless is the Son of Chaos. Guess I was wrong on that front, but that is the consequences of speculation and searching for things that have no exact proof towards. Of course, it does not mean I am entirely wrong on the Son of Chaos.

As Kirk has evidence of him being in lost Izalith before New Londo (already stated in my post in my search), it could be that since we only see Kirk as a Phantom, that he and ceaseless are the same. Of course it is hard to say, Ceaseless is the being that holding the Chaos Flame, which means that it could of changed not from the chaos flame itself, but the Chaos Ember from it. We only see Kirk as a phantom, which we can say is probably from the past or an alternate present (time and space hard to say in the world of time distortion).

it could be that they are the same, but their is no proof of that. Other than that, nothing has changed in my search other than the Son of Chaos. The search continues, but if he only stated some of what the director has stated, I would like to hear the rest from that book.

Kirk being a phantom of the discharge's past could be plausible, but we have to remember that the Ceaeless Discharge was transformed when, and still is, a little boy.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:29 pm

I have to recheck that again, but it I am sure they mean that the little boy of the family was transformed, not that he was transformed as a little boy.

Still, if he was, there are some things already that question his transformation. Particularly, the sisters of Chaos and their forms of transformation. The armour of Kirk is of similar design as a spider, and the two daughters are that of a spider. Even more so, the eldest daughter, the one we find guarding the fog gate to the Chaos Flame... has no signs of change from the flame, unlike the two sisters. As it is stated that only one escaped, while others were transformed, she seems to neglect that rule.

Judging as how the two sisters of the domain are half demons, and that the 'little boy' was transformed by the chaos flame... it might be that the unexplained parts of the event of the flame might be tied to such unexplained and unreasonable equations and points that go against the facts that were presented to use from the start. Particularly, the change of all but one sister, which is wrong, as their is at least a second one.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:33 pm

This seems to counter what you suggest AC, if kirk is the unchanged past individual who is known as the son of chaos, then that chaos witch could also be a past self.

I think the image they paint of the little boy unable to do anything for his family but watch over the grave of his dear sister in eternal agony is a very "nice" image to paint. And turning around and saying he is a murderous darkwraith kind of ruins the airyness of the previously established character.

Kirk as an individual can stand on his own, ceaseless without this persona is "just another monster". I have a hard time thinking "the little boy" and the "murderous kirk" are synonyms of eachother. Ceaseless in his rage at you defiling the grave of his sister even runs staight off his ledge into lava... if you ask me someone who was previously a murderous mastermind would not make such an emotional mistake.

Thats just my 2 cents. Kirk has enough side details to stand on his own as a chaos servent to the fair lady, perhaps disfigured and aided by her leading to his thorn armour, or perhaps parasitized by the thorn armor and forced into work for the bed of chaos as a punishment. BUT, he doesn't need to be the son of chaos too. He is a strong enough character on his own, the same cannot be said of ceaseless. He is built to BE the son.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:20 pm

But you see if Kirk is the son it adds a whole new dynamic to his character which shifts away from the murderous bastard. Instead he is a youg man doing everythin ghe can, using all his skills, even those he stole from Kaathe, to collect humanity to ease the suffering of his sister. It adds a very human aspect to the game. Ironically enough when you consider how much of a part humanity plays in the game, yet how little you see people acting humanely.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:38 pm

Kirk already has that element with the chaos servant covenant. If he has the heart to try to help a pained woman than that there is his human element. It could be interpreted as Kirk pitying Quelaan, or even being in love with her (it's the name. Anyone named Kirk will makout with any female)
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:16 pm

I agree with cloudyeki... I think. Atleast on the helping her is already a huge leap for his character.

I wasn't trying to say that all kirk has is the murderous darkwraith because he has more than that. He is still collecting humanity for the fair lady even if he is not realted to her, to me that is even more touching than if he were her brother. As her brother it would be his duty sort of, as a stranger to her its much more touching to think that her kindness turned him from just killing for himself to caring about someone else enough to put his life on the line JUST to make whats left of her life easier.

I think of it like a grandson taking care of his grandma, sure its touching, but its expected of him. When that grandma has no one and that stranger steps in to help her out that person is going beyond what would be expected of them never having known that lady before she became sick.

You cannot say the same of ceaseless, he is either the son of chaos torn by his inability to do anything, watching over his dead sisters. or just something in your way to be brushed off and pushed aside.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:36 pm

Man, I'm quite liking this new lonely depressed Ceaseless, can you tell? By the way, don't google images search Ceaseless Discharge with Safe Search off. Trust me.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:54 pm

Really digging your new avatar tolvo, a few shades more attractive compared to your sombrero!

That face too, I hope I am not the only one who just walked into that area and stood there and stared at him with my shield up for a long time waiting for him to attack the very first time we fought. I never felt quite right killing him.

my feelings only compounded the first time I read the lava ring description an hour or so later. He was like the garl vinland of dark souls. Haha.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:20 pm