Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
cloudyeki
Wade_Wilson
ChizFreak
skarekrow13
PhlyingDutchman
Scudman_Slayer
Tolvo
User
ViralEnsign_
DoughGuy
Yukon
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
WyrmHero
17 posters

The Son of Chaos.

WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

The Son of Chaos. Empty The Son of Chaos.

Post by WyrmHero Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:06 am

Is the Demon Firesage. Before the Witch of Izalith created the flame of Chaos, the witches used Catalysts in order to conjure their Flame spells. When the Witch of Izalith created the Bed of Chaos, she created pyromancy. Her daughters and her son were transformed into demons, but why does the Demon has a Catalyst if pyromancy and Demons were spawned from the Bed of Chaos???? The Son of Chaos was the last master of the original fire arts and the first demon. His Catalyst is the proof. Please comment.

Edit: We finally have concluded that the Son of Chaos is Ceaseless Discharge. It is confirmed by an interview with the director.

Last edited by WyrmHero on Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

The Son of Chaos. Empty Re: The Son of Chaos.

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:18 am

wasn't the son of chaos constantly burned by lava? and thus had the charred ring made for him by his sisters but when he dropped it it spawned the centipede demon, i see no lava on the fire sage... but is still an interesting connection, though tbh i think the firesage is just another demon thats was tougher than the regular ones and so set up it den in the boss room.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:36 am

How about Ceaseless Discharge. He is standing right on the lava, and watching one of his dead sisters. Maybe he wasnt a fire mage.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:07 am

I always thought it was ceaseless discharge, just from the lava ring description and ... his name :/

The firesage is a monster thats repeated THREE times in the game, I find it hard to believe he is anything short of just a big ol' baddy like taurus and carpa.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:50 am

Just to clariy the son was not covered in lava or anything. He was covered in SORES which were inflamed (inflamed means provoked or intesified) by lava/exposure to lava (or presumably the heat coming from lava). its a mistake way too many people make.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:55 am

I wish my sisters would make me a magic ring that prevented my allergic reactions...

I don't think it would sound as cool to have "sores inflamed by cat dander" though.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:02 am

And foolishly you would drop it causing a giant cat demon to spawn
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:03 am

But the world would be better for it, I think.

Btw, I do apologize for those Dark root forest critters guys, they just keep making rings and I keep taking them.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:21 am

Though there is no real evidence to suggest this I like to think that Kirk might be that long lost son of Chaos. After all he hangs around in the Depths, Demon Ruins, and Izalith hoping to steal humanity.

And if one of the directors was telling the truth and Kirk really was more of a member of the Daughters of Chaos covenenant that the Darkwraiths it could make sense. He would be collecting humanity for his weakened sister.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:24 am

Yeah he even invades you as youre approaching his mother and fights along his elder sister. It is entirely possible.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:27 am

We all know 7 and 4 are petty iportant numbers here so why could the witch not have 7 daughter and 4 sons? Yukon pointed out that here are 3 asylum demon enemies. perhaps Kirk was the son who managed to escape the chaos while the other 3 were mutated with the sisters?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:32 am

Hm, I prefer to think as only one son, so it can have some special meaning, but you could be right. I was thinking about Kirk. Are the Undead the only ones who can invade other Undead?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:45 am

"Invade another world. (Hollows cannot use the item)
    Defeat the master of the world you have invaded to acquire humanity.
    The Cracked Red Eye Orb allows players to temporarily imitate this ability normally limited to the Darkwraiths of Kaathe."
    Its simply states hollows cannot invade, infering that any human/undead in human form could use a red eye orb to invade someone.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:25 am

DoughGuy wrote:We all know 7 and 4 are petty iportant numbers here so why could the witch not have 7 daughter and 4 sons? Yukon pointed out that here are 3 asylum demon enemies. perhaps Kirk was the son who managed to escape the chaos while the other 3 were mutated with the sisters?

The lore says that all of Izaliths daughters and kin were transformed doesn't it. I don't think he could have escaped.

Also the strange mask that Kirk wears could have been used to hide his hideous demonic face.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:34 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    DoughGuy wrote:We all know 7 and 4 are petty iportant numbers here so why could the witch not have 7 daughter and 4 sons? Yukon pointed out that here are 3 asylum demon enemies. perhaps Kirk was the son who managed to escape the chaos while the other 3 were mutated with the sisters?

The lore says that all of Izaliths daughters and kin were transformed doesn't it. I don't think he could have escaped.

Also the strange mask that Kirk wears could have been used to hide his hideous demonic face.
    But Quelana and another sister survived without mutation so that
    disproves wahtever the lore states. If it does say that I think it
    would be more of that the world generally accepts that none survived. After all Quelana obviously hasn't been seen by anyone since Salaman was her pupil and he obviously didn't spread around the fact who is mentor was.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:45 am

I tend to think of Quelanna as a remnant of a person who is long dead as she states that few people ever see her.

Maybe you are right she and the other sister in Lost Izalith seem to be unaffected my mutation but again it isn't shown what they look like beneath thier armour/robes. Both could be ultra demonic.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:04 am

Good point but I don't think the mutations that the bed of chaos causes are very subtle. You just have to look at the other demons in the game, most are massive and dangerous looking. Quelana could be a remnant but I think she just might be a little surprised to see people in general if she's been in Lordran since the gods were driven out and new londo was flooded. The other sister also looks human if you look at her feet.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:33 am

I'll talk about it later, but Kirk was always the aim for being the son of chaos. And I ow you a +1 doughboy, too many think he is covered by lava, not burns. This iPod sucks too much for surfing.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:55 pm

DoughGuy wrote:"Invade another world. (Hollows cannot use the item)
    Defeat the master of the world you have invaded to acquire humanity.
    The Cracked Red Eye Orb allows players to temporarily imitate this ability normally limited to the Darkwraiths of Kaathe."
    Its simply states hollows cannot invade, infering that any human/undead in human form could use a red eye orb to invade someone.

Yes yes!!!!! You said it my friend. The thing is the director has stated that the Daughters of Chaos are NOT human. They are a different species!!!!!!!!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:59 pm

A quick notion, it has been mentioned that the witch in the Swamp which speaks with you looks normal, yet she mentions a surprise at you being able to see her, does she even know what you see? Through the undead rapport spell you can see she knows the ability of charms on the undead, and that's just what she's willing to teach you. By the way, you are undead. Dark Souls conspiracy theories, aw yeah. 8)
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:01 pm

You know that the Spider ladies are human, yes? They are just transformed from the form they once were. same with most creatures, such as the ghouls, the bugs you see in the swamps (they have a human head, and use chaos flame).

of course, Kirk is human. But his story is different, in which might show that he left at an early age, possibly before the transformation of Izalith, and went to New Londo.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:14 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:You know that the Spider ladies are human, yes? They are just transformed from the form they once were. same with most creatures, such as the ghouls, the bugs you see in the swamps (they have a human head, and use chaos flame).

of course, Kirk is human. But his story is different, in which might show that he left at an early age, possibly before the transformation of Izalith, and went to New Londo.

Acid, the director Miyazaki said it in the Interview, they are a different species, they are not human, they cant be undead. I read it in Chiz thread. Kirk cant be the son of chaos, because hes human!!!!
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:40 pm

DoughGuy wrote:Good point but I don't think the mutations that the bed of chaos causes are very subtle. You just have to look at the other demons in the game, most are massive and dangerous looking. Quelana could be a remnant but I think she just might be a little surprised to see people in general if she's been in Lordran since the gods were driven out and new londo was flooded. The other sister also looks human if you look at her feet.

Better point. The Bed of Chaos doesn't seem even the least bit interested in subtlty. After putting it that way I think I'm more inclined to see it your way.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:18 pm

I know that they are not the human as you and I, and I know that do to their beastiality that they can not invade. However, in the aspect of the witches that are spiders, they are 'human'. However due to the curse that has affected them, they do not function as such, and can not invade.

However Kirk does not have to be so. He could be that of similar to the sister of the Great swamp, or the Eldar sister who guards the enterance to the Bed of Chaos. Kirk could have left before the flame was lit, and he possibly escaped the Chaos Flame when it was lit. It is unlikely that the Ceaseless Discharge is that of the Son, but more so an aberration similar to that of the Centipede Demon, brought from the Chaos Ember as the Ring did for the Centipede. Such Chaotic Flames could explain the grossly disfigured creature that infects the area with lava.

As Kirk was that of the Darkwraiths, he would have been in the Chaos Servents before joining, as the armor he wears defines it as Darkwraith, in which states that he uses such armor and weaponry when hen joined the Darkwraiths, which is before the time we fight him as a Chaos servent he is now. The Thorn Weaponry we know to be that of Chaos origin, due to the fact that one other user, the Exiled King of the Painted World, also has a notched weapon (whip), uses chaos weaponry (Great Fireball and Firestorm. possibly Firewhip), and has an egg form to be a head (which has blood spots, if you look), which resembles that he was part of the Chaos Covenant (whether he still is or not now is debatable). As Kirk seemingly is of feminime stature (yes, his armor looks less masculane than others, don't deny it), it can be that, as he was raised by the daughters of chaos, his sisters, it would be hard to be a macho surrounded by older sisters that are not so.

Kirk the Thorned Knight is by no question of the Chaos Covenant, and more so was part of the Darkwraiths. As I can see, Kirk is more so the Son of Chaos than that of Ceaseless. Such ways of it having gaps and disfigurement is the same as what people seek of kaathe as 'true', because it is shoved in front of them to see and interpitate it. Just my thought on it.

By the way, DoughBoy. +1. I gave you one in page 1. You do not follow the majority, I can appreciate that. I perfer variety myeself.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:06 pm

quelag and her other sister got lucky and didn't had their entire bodies affected

quelana was already far away when it hapenned so no mutation for her

the centipede boy was created by the son dropping the cherred ring into the lava

simple fact of why may be the demon firesage

well he may have forgotten that he dropped the ring so he didn't notice it and when it hapenned he was already away from lava

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:08 am