Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+53
DemonOfFate
densetsushun
User1
Soris Ice Goldwing
nsane32
ResIsBestStat
JohnnyHarpoon
LunarFog
lonewolf
KrazykevS10
BeeSeaEss
Rifter7
swordiris
Slarg232
IIdoneus
NPCWhiteMage
Forum Pirate
Animaaal
Serious_Much
Hatsune Miku
WaLKA
Spurgun
EeAyEss
Henkyona
Ashran
twilightwarwolf
FinPeku
XachAttack
Digitalyzed
Carphil
SlakeMoth
vatar5
Overtly_Sadistic
GrinTwist
PlasticandRage
BIG TIME MASTER
Mr. Tart
User
DoughGuy
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
reim0027
bunnywink
LordRevan
Darkson
Wade_Wilson
Ecko
berkut
Tolvo
dancash1808
skarekrow13
JoeBroski09
billy_bayonet
TehInfamousAmos
57 posters

The "let it out" thread.

Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

The "let it out" thread. - Page 31 Empty Re: The "let it out" thread.

Post by Mr. Tart Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:50 pm

EeAyEss wrote:
    Mr. Tart wrote:

I feel the same way. IMO the best thing that could happen to Earth is if humanity was just wiped out.

The best thing we can really do is to be better than them. What i usually do is i try to avoid hating humanity, and just look down on it. It's one step away from being like everyone else if you ask me.

That's where I'm not totally "hollow" as it were. I still have the slightest hope that someday humanity will regain its sense of morals. Or at least a bigger portion will become caring people, or at least more open about it if they already are.

I don't mean to call you "hollow" Tart. Just trying to keep it "light."

I don't really think there's anything to "regain" for the humans. Looking back through history, there really isn't anything pointing towards the majority of people ever being caring. We're supposedly the superior species, being smarter etc. Whatever being "smarter" means, it has us become greedy and think of whatever would benefit us more greatly. Also, just because i believe that the better thing to do is have humanity wiped out doesn't mean i would support it. If for whatever reason, humanity is being wiped off Earth i would fight it in whatever way possible.
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:35 pm

I got 99 Humanity.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:44 pm

Loathe humanity? No. There are 6 billion people on this planet. The vast majority of them are good people. Unfortunately, good people don't make goo sound bites. So, it is the bad people who get more media attention. That makes it seem like humanity sucks.

Three examples. How many charity organizations are there? More than I can count. When a disaster happens, thousands to millions of people band together to help each other out. People lay down their lives to save another.

We live in a good world. It is far from perfect, but it is good nonetheless. Don't let the extremely vocal but extremely minority get you down.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:48 pm

You're probably right. I dunno. Studying and homework makes me depressed. Crappy communities don't help. silly
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:51 pm

Lately I just feel like people don't pay any attention to me, they hear key words and instantly think I'm on some side against or with them.

On one site (Which I won't name or name individuals,) I've voiced concerns about the moderators of it and admins. I've seen a few instances which painted them poorly in my mind, as well they have a form of advertisement which annoys me.

People instantly think this means I hate the mods or think they are ****. Because they'll say "The mods are great" and I'll say, "I just don't know." I'm unsure and people seem to think that means I'm already set in one way. I'll ask for evidence, like instances of the mods perhaps posting or talking but receive none. People just would all tell me to take their word for it. I'm a very paranoid person and I've said that I have yet to see some good instances, they just tell me again to take their word for it. When I say I want evidence, they say their word is evidence. I say that isn't, and people tell me I'm a stubborn idiot that should just listen to them.

If I may talk about religion a bit, this gives me massive flashbacks to the sorts of things which led to me getting beaten by people at my school for not simply accepting the Christianity they told me to. The people of this forum are getting angry with me, talking about how I'm an idiot and ceasing their want to even speak to me.

Frankly it's making me feel a bit persecuted just because I don't know what to think of their mods.
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:57 pm

Tolvo wrote:Lately I just feel like people don't pay any attention to me, they hear key words and instantly think I'm on some side against or with them.

On one site (Which I won't name or name individuals,) I've voiced concerns about the moderators of it and admins. I've seen a few instances which painted them poorly in my mind, as well they have a form of advertisement which annoys me.

People instantly think this means I hate the mods or think they are ****. Because they'll say "The mods are great" and I'll say, "I just don't know." I'm unsure and people seem to think that means I'm already set in one way. I'll ask for evidence, like instances of the mods perhaps posting or talking but receive none. People just would all tell me to take their word for it. I'm a very paranoid person and I've said that I have yet to see some good instances, they just tell me again to take their word for it. When I say I want evidence, they say their word is evidence. I say that isn't, and people tell me I'm a stubborn idiot that should just listen to them.

If I may talk about religion a bit, this gives me massive flashbacks to the sorts of things which led to me getting beaten by people at my school for not simply accepting the Christianity they told me to. The people of this forum are getting angry with me, talking about how I'm an idiot and ceasing their want to even speak to me.

Frankly it's making me feel a bit persecuted just because I don't know what to think of their mods.
    The people who say the mods are great are most likely people who throw out insults therefore they don't want good mods that stop these things. And people who don't pay attention to you are ones to afraid to face the truth, or always believe they are right because they are them, that's a clear sign of ignorance and as such i'd say don't worry about what they think too much..

Oh and mate, just because the majority says something doesn't make them right. Oh and regarding the christian thing, i'm sorry to hear that, as a christian i can tell you that no real man who has read the bible would punish you for not believing, in fact jesus himself spent more time with people who sinned/didn't believe then he did those who did. Those people were hypocrites and nothing more.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:58 pm

What type of site, Tolvo (I know you said you wouldn't name it outright but maybe you can reveal the type)?

As for people not wanting to talk to you, I guess that's their prerogative but they're missing out because you're a trove of knowledge. But, calling you stupid is actually pretty dumb. You may be the smartest guy on here.

As for that Christianity thing, I won't say much about it except that it's total and utter BS.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:02 pm

I'm sorry to hear that, Tolvo. I dunno what to say.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:07 pm

Yeah I know those people don't represent the majority of Christians, they were young idiots. I had my young idiot time too when in response I hated all religion, before calming down and becoming the mostly mellow dude you know.

All I'll say is it is a forum, but that's it.

I don't think they're necessarily stupid people, but I think that maybe they're used to people being angry with any sort of policing force so they assume I'm just the same. Which is funny to consider since on here, I'm a friend of most of the mods and I talk with them frequently and help out when I can.

It's just communication problems on all sorts of levels, I just wish I could get them to understand that I'm not trying to be a rebel. I just wanted information.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:09 pm

I wish you'd tell me who exactly you're talking about but I know you're too big a man to name names like that.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:10 pm

I think a bigger man would find a way to communicate with them proper.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:11 pm

And I believe you're fully capable of it.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:16 pm

I'll try but it may be too late by now.
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:31 pm

I suppose i'll post something in here regarding my current situation in school. So currently i'm in the 8th grade, and when school ends i'll be going into the 9th grade. I've always been a guy who likes to learn, as such when a teacher asks a question i pretty much always answer. This is good IMO but i won't lie, it gets annoying when people say i am 'The Teachers pet'.

In all honesty i like most of my teachers more than my classmates, i talk to my one teacher who is a science guy all the time, he used to be in the Air force and i find he has very interesting things to say, though he does tend to ramble.

My history/Financial teacher and i are pretty close, he's an awesome guy with a pretty awesome story, hes got his life back together and i think hes also a pretty cool guy to talk to.

As such, this really doesn't help me get rid of the irking feeling i always get because whenever i pretty much raise my hand to answer a question, i feel all the stares at me.

one thing that didn't improve this at all is a conversation i had with my brother, and while i think after this conversation we are closer, it still kinda confuses me as to why people think this.

The conversation boiled down to why we used to fight all the time, apparently he thinks/used to think that i thought i was superior to everyone, and i'm starting to think other people around my school also think this.

And by no means is this true, i'm just not afraid to answer questions so i'm confused as to why people think i act superior over them. I don't understand people... Prostration
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:34 pm

I dunno, Demon. Keep up the healthy relations with your teachers. Peers your age typically don't know what's good for them. If it helps, just try to ignore them. It'll all be worth it when they come to you for employment.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:41 pm

DemonOfFate wrote: I suppose i'll post something in here regarding my current situation in school. So currently i'm in the 8th grade, and when school ends i'll be going into the 9th grade. I've always been a guy who likes to learn, as such when a teacher asks a question i pretty much always answer. This is good IMO but i won't lie, it gets annoying when people say i am 'The Teachers pet'.

In all honesty i like most of my teachers more than my classmates, i talk to my one teacher who is a science guy all the time, he used to be in the Air force and i find he has very interesting things to say, though he does tend to ramble.

My history/Financial teacher and i are pretty close, he's an awesome guy with a pretty awesome story, hes got his life back together and i think hes also a pretty cool guy to talk to.

As such, this really doesn't help me get rid of the irking feeling i always get because whenever i pretty much raise my hand to answer a question, i feel all the stares at me.

one thing that didn't improve this at all is a conversation i had with my brother, and while i think after this conversation we are closer, it still kinda confuses me as to why people think this.

The conversation boiled down to why we used to fight all the time, apparently he thinks/used to think that i thought i was superior to everyone, and i'm starting to think other people around my school also think this.

And by no means is this true, i'm just not afraid to answer questions so i'm confused as to why people think i act superior over them. I don't understand people... Prostration

This is very similar to the situation i had in primary school in some ways. I didn't like a lot of teachers, but there were a few i did like. I hated my classmates. I avoided questions when asked, but i did generally speak to and discuss with the teachers, almost getting a "teacher's pet" sort of image. I was the guy to ask for help, yet never receiving anything in return. People always seemed to perceive me as someone thinking myself superior to others, just like you. Accusing me of bragging whenever i answered questions such as "What did you get on the test?" "A+" "OMG YOU BRAG!".

While i'm not happy with where i'm at, i can tell you this. People will always get a certain image of who you are, and you can't really do much about it. You can try to tell them that it isn't the case, but it's very likely they won't understand at your age. Hell, even now at my age some of the people i study with seem to have a hard time getting it into their heads, but atleast they don't have such stupid images of who i am.

All in all, don't let yourself be bothered with it. It won't help you at all. Be happy with where you are at, and move on. If they can't see who you really are, don't waste time on them. They're just not worth it.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:08 am

Sadly that's a long haul problem. Some history..... one time in the sixth grade I missed a week of school and an entire unit of science. I was told I could try the exam and do it over if I failed.

I was the reason there was no curve on the exam. Because I scored so high on it. It's a very sure way to get people to treat you differently. The "smart kid" is rarely the popular kid I hate to say.

On to adulthood. My ex wife used to complain and tell people I like to constantly argue. That's fair to a degree but very much simplified. For example, if she said something and it didn't fit with my mental definition I would say what I thought she meant and/ or ask her of she meant x or y. I should have learned to stop because it inevitably was an attempt to " correct her" and be condescending rather than the reality of trying to discuss a gap in understanding. Now, my ex is a very intelligent woman but her impression of me was that I was "naturally smart." She thought there was a difference between us and therefore there was one. I'm remarried now and while things are much better than the first time I can say that they are also not completely different if you catch my drift.

I wish I had some advice or pleasant thoughts but the only comfort I can give you is that there's more people than you think that can relate. Once you're labeled as anything you get the baggage that goes with it. Jocks are stupid, even the really smart ones; smart kids are teacher's pets or know it alls; etc etc.

The reality is: you can't win......So just smile and find some happiness. There's plenty out there if you keep looking
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:08 am

Protip: When someone says "teacher's pet", they really mean "I'm jealous".
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:19 am

i hate to interrupt the advice to demon but i dont think when i discribe my felings atm with this sentence its ok. I wish it was cold so i couldnt feel anything. any help as i feel like this in my depressive states?
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:36 am

Could you go further into detail with that, twilight?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:37 am

I was set with advice for demon anyway. Your sentence suggests anguish so there's a root to that. I don't know you well enough to say "go fix it" and be done with ya because we're forum friends and that makes it tough. That would only apply if there was something that could be easily fixed anyway. If you know what's causing the negative feelings, there should be a focus on that of course. If you can't force yourself to feel better, and trust me when I say it's forceful to change your mood manually, the go to advice is to take a breather and find something you enjoy.

Now, from what I do think I know about you there's two alternatives I think.

One, it's a phase or a cognitive root cause which means the best plan is to find positive habits. If you can, coming here routinely to talk counts by the way, then that can be huge. It won't hurt regardless

Two, there's a chemical root to your concern in which case you still need to find positive habits but you won't actually address the root without help.

Either way, from the things you've said you're taking good steps and being interested enough in feeling better to do anything is a major major step. Keep taking steps as you find them. We're rooting for ya
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:58 am

called to know im not completely ignored and i think its more a phase but i cant know why until i go the damn psychiatrist who wont even return the calls my mom makes (she has depression but she has her meds and is a good mom its my dad i cant stand... wait too off topic my bad) and forceful change im not sure how to do that but i can try.

@tart, you wanted further details (its been with me awhile but i think its going away so ill try my best to describe as accurately). To star as i usally feel i felt empty and hollow. its hard to do anything and i cant be ok happy for the life of me infact id rather sleep and this is when i feel like i radiate an arua of negative feelings or energy. now people cant really tell the difference because my facial expression doesnt change and i guess i look as i do in general. my expresion is aparantely bored or uncaring which is VERY oppositre my personality. so i guess i hiding it well and toi top it off im not very..open with people so i guess if there was a way they dont know how to tell. and on that note i feel even more disconeccted from EVERYTHING my dogs , my family, apuantancies (aka what most people call friends) i mean everything. i almsot feel disconnected from myself.

there are three ways i get out of it 1. sleep though i may feel wierd for a bit next morning but it helps,2. it goes away after awhile, or 3. something good happens and i get a foot hold out of it and i generally roll with it and feel better.oh and if i tell here and get a response because even here of all places i feel invisble at times but i feel better when i see people at least say they looked at my post.

btw skarecrow and tart i notice that you both read my posts (like all of them which shocks me everytime) when im not myself very often so i just wanted to say thank you to both of you personally. so thanks for trying to help me and to all of the other people who help me. i feel like ive improved myself some and hopefully others while ive been here.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:08 am

You're welcome Wolf. Even when I don't respond here I'm usually keeping an eye on this thread. I feel like a fair amount of good has happened already. You're part of it for sure
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:09 am

You pretty much described me. I know it may be hard, but you have to keep on pushing. I've felt like that for almost 7-10 years now, but i haven't given. There isn't much i can't say that i haven't said before, but recently some of these forumites have added me on Skype, so i'd like to put that out there for you. My Skype is Eric Nylén Johansson. Please don't hesitate to add me if you want to talk, and if you don't have Skype, either get it or use MSN if you have that. Skype would be best though.

One of the hardest things to do, but that i've learnt is one of the best is to fight your thoughts. You're not as invisible as you think. People do care for you, and you can trust people more than you think. Never let those thoughts get the hold of you, and never GIVE UP. I'm serious. Whatever you do, never give up, because at the end of it, if you keep pushing, you'll have something to be proud of. Because i do. I know that at the end of it all, even though i'm depressed and hate my life, i'm strong, because i've been pulling through for so many years. I'm stronger than most people, and i know that.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:10 am

The only time i don't respond to a post here is when i'm not sure what to say, but i do read everything, and i do care for everyone here with the slightest bit of humanity in them.

Also, what he said:

skarekrow13 wrote:You're welcome Wolf. Even when I don't respond here I'm usually keeping an eye on this thread. I feel like a fair amount of good has happened already. You're part of it for sure

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:04 pm