Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+53
DemonOfFate
densetsushun
User1
Soris Ice Goldwing
nsane32
ResIsBestStat
JohnnyHarpoon
LunarFog
lonewolf
KrazykevS10
BeeSeaEss
Rifter7
swordiris
Slarg232
IIdoneus
NPCWhiteMage
Forum Pirate
Animaaal
Serious_Much
Hatsune Miku
WaLKA
Spurgun
EeAyEss
Henkyona
Ashran
twilightwarwolf
FinPeku
XachAttack
Digitalyzed
Carphil
SlakeMoth
vatar5
Overtly_Sadistic
GrinTwist
PlasticandRage
BIG TIME MASTER
Mr. Tart
User
DoughGuy
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
reim0027
bunnywink
LordRevan
Darkson
Wade_Wilson
Ecko
berkut
Tolvo
dancash1808
skarekrow13
JoeBroski09
billy_bayonet
TehInfamousAmos
57 posters

The "let it out" thread.

Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

The "let it out" thread. - Page 17 Empty Re: The "let it out" thread.

Post by Mr. Tart Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:00 am

densetsushun wrote:
    reim0027 wrote:Ugh. Rough day. I just shut my eyes and tried to relax. I know it isn't near as bad as some of your problems though. What do you do when you really don't look forward to tomorrow (unless it is the weekend, but only a little)? Even though you should. I have a family that I love and that loves me (so they say), but for some stupid reason, that doesn't help a ton? Although, I do like to just hug my wife, close my eyes, and forget everything.

Right now, I'm forcing myself to do things that I know I love to do. I have no real reason to feel like this, especially compared to what you guys are going through. But, still . . .
    Reim, you might wanna do some self reflection to see if it really is just being stuck in a rut. I know it's gaunt to think it, but there are signs of depression from your brief description(lack of a lust for things you love, not looking forward to the next day). I really don't mean to internet diagnose you, so don't take my word for it, but talk to someone and see what's going on.

Mr. Tart wrote:I found my friend online on Guild Wars 2. I'm trying to contact him, and i know he's not afk. He's ignoring me...
    You don't know that Tart :/ I will tell you though, that you don't need to beat yourself up over something you don't know you did. If he can't respect you enough as a friend to tell you what you did(that is, if you did something), then he does not view you the way you view him, which means this isn't a relationship worth maintaining on your part, with the amount of effort you put in.

I know because he was playing aka actual movement in the game.

That's what i'm scared of. He's the only friend i have, the only one i can rely on. We've known eachother for over 10 years, and i wouldn't want our friendship to die like this.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:10 am

Mr. Tart wrote:
    That's what i'm scared of. He's the only friend i have, the only one i can rely on. We've known eachother for over 10 years, and i wouldn't want our friendship to die like this.[/color][/font]
    It's always hard Tart, especially as you have no way to have a sit down with him. Try to engage him in a conversation the best possible way, see if you can communicate with him in a way that he can't ignore you. Don't start a chat with a "hey", but ask him rather bluntly about what went on, and emphasize that as a good friend, you want to know.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:17 am

densetsushun wrote:
    reim0027 wrote:Ugh. Rough day. I just shut my eyes and tried to relax. I know it isn't near as bad as some of your problems though. What do you do when you really don't look forward to tomorrow (unless it is the weekend, but only a little)? Even though you should. I have a family that I love and that loves me (so they say), but for some stupid reason, that doesn't help a ton? Although, I do like to just hug my wife, close my eyes, and forget everything.

Right now, I'm forcing myself to do things that I know I love to do. I have no real reason to feel like this, especially compared to what you guys are going through. But, still . . .
    Reim, you might wanna do some self reflection to see if it really is just being stuck in a rut. I know it's gaunt to think it, but there are signs of depression from your brief description(lack of a lust for things you love, not looking forward to the next day). I really don't mean to internet diagnose you, so don't take my word for it, but talk to someone and see what's going on.

Mr. Tart wrote:I found my friend online on Guild Wars 2. I'm trying to contact him, and i know he's not afk. He's ignoring me...
    You don't know that Tart :/ I will tell you though, that you don't need to beat yourself up over something you don't know you did. If he can't respect you enough as a friend to tell you what you did(that is, if you did something), then he does not view you the way you view him, which means this isn't a relationship worth maintaining on your part, with the amount of effort you put in.
    I've thought about that. But, I'm sleeping well and not havingn problems staying awake. AFAIK, clinical depression usually affects that too.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:35 am

reim0027 wrote:
    I've thought about that. But, I'm sleeping well and not havingn problems staying awake. AFAIK, clinical depression usually affects that too.
    It definitely can affect sleeping patterns. It's good that you can still sleep though. Clinical depression can also cause bouts of lethargy.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:38 am

I can confirm that he's ignoring me now. He logged on xbl, and when i sent an invite he didn't accept it. I decided to send a few more and if he didn't accept, stop it. About 30 minutes later, i decide to send one more, this prompts him to go offline. He logs on GW2 again. No response there either. I hate being this paranoid and needy. I'm like a f*cking parasite.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:40 am

Give it time then, maybe he just needs to cool off? :S
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:44 am

That's what i'm assuming. It's just hard to know since he's never been like this. We've had arguments, sure. But we'd be able to solve them whenever we felt like it. This is just... not like him. And i seriously can't handle it very well. Feels like i'm about to throw up.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:54 am

Why does the thought of death have to be so f*cking scary? I feel like i'm about to reach my limit, but even then, death just scares the sh*t out of me. I feel like i'm about to have a nervous breakdown.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:09 am

We're here for you, buddy. Don't go over the edge. It's not worth it.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:58 am

Tart, small consolation but I found two more "songs" I wrote that aren't on my YouTube channel. Yet. I have some pictures I chose to and during my lunch break here at work I'll turn them into videos. Keep your eyes peeled on the Museum for an update.

I don't think that helps you much with any of your current problems but hopefully it's a small reminder of the little things that make life wonderful.

Spoiler:
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:21 pm

Sorry for the double post (No I'm not) but I also wanted to tell a short story (short for me...unless I keep adding parenthetical tangents) about how you never know how you're regarded by others and that there's always chances and opportunities for positive interactions that we blindly walk by every day.

So...in very brief summary I was not a ladies' man by any means for the first 31+ years of my life (aka, ever and I'm still not). In High School I was super shy, had very little contact with females and assumed most thought I was repugnant or perhaps even worse...forgettable. I didn't think I was on anyone's radar for any means. Jump to adulthood with the disclaimer that the stories I'm about to share do not mean that I could have been mackin' all day long like a tractor trailer or even could have kindled a romantic involvement with the persons I will soon introduce....I'll provide the moral at the end.....like all good fairy tales.

One of my roles at work is to train people in certain regulatory required materials. A couple years ago I was sitting in a classroom during a break and one of the new female employees kinda hinted she knew me. I had no recollection of her at all. Then she referenced my pro wrestling name. Wait what? How did she know that. Then she started talking about my long hair. And a few other things about me. Weird. I looked for her name on the course roster and looked in my yearbook from my Senior year thinking I forgot a class mate. Turns out she was (I think) five years behind me in school.

Forward to yesterday. My primary job is investigating the not so pleasant things that occur in the agency. I do not have many visitors, aside from a few friends in the building I work in. I don't think people hate me and most will say "hi" and even talk to me, but it's rare that someone from off site that I don't have a strong work relationship with will randomly come into my office for the hell of it. There's one person that was hired relatively recently who I remembered from High School. She's always seemed very friendly when we've talked at work which is not notable. She seems very friendly over all. Yesterday she broke the general rule and, while on a break from a training she was here for (I wasn't teaching) popped in and chatted for a good bit.

The moral, again is to not say I'm some player but that both of these individuals, whom I was not good friends with in school had favorable enough impressions of me (the aloof antisocial smart kid weirdo who was heavily involved in martial arts and pro wrestling) where they voluntarily started conversations with me many years later. I wasn't forgettable. I wasn't invisible. Had I made a small change looking directly at people or not hiding, who knows what friends I would have made. What conversations I missed. Instead of regret I learned this, just by being me....

I was someone. I mattered more than I imagined at the time. Like me, you're all someone. You're making impressions to everyone around you. Like me maybe you think it's mostly negative. Maybe you feel forgettable. Maybe you think you're invisible. I wanted you to know I thought that too. I was wrong.

Spoiler:
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:05 pm

That's a great story with a beautiful message Skare. Thank you for sharing that with us. happy
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:11 pm

Holy ****, this thread is still going.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:40 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:Holy ****, this thread is still going.

Hell yeah this thread is still going. As long as someone as f*cked up as me is on the forums, this thing won't go away. happy

Thanks for all the responses. I got in touch with him and we solved it. I won't go into detail, but atleast it's all good. I just wish i wouldn't be such a f*cking parasite at times. Even still, all is good.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:50 pm

If I were your friend, I wouldn't consider you a parasite. You are NOT leeching his life away. Even now, you are't a parasite. You aren't, as far as I know, not living off of us.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:05 pm

He doesn't consider me a parasite. Atleast not as far as i know. But i always feel like one. I'm far too dependant on him.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:41 am

skare - it is amazing how we view ourselves. IME, I'm usually quite wrong.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:50 am

Had my day not been busy I would have said this in the morning. I want to thank you guys for the support you gave yesterday after that moment of weakness I had. I was confused and a little frustrated more than usual and you guys helped me trust that I am doing the right thing. I know that it will improve in time and that if I work hard, things will remain stable. I'm not lying when I felt scared for posting all that, but in the end it was the right thing because of what you said. Thank you!
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:06 am

@Soris
    Good to hear...GOOD to hear. God's speed my friend.

@everyone else
    What a &%$#ing awesome group of people...am I right?!?! :?:

On a note of humor/awesomeness/sage advice...I think Bruce Lee said it best:

Spoiler:

WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:07 am

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:Had my day not been busy I would have said this in the morning. I want to thank you guys for the support you gave yesterday after that moment of weakness I had. I was confused and a little frustrated more than usual and you guys helped me trust that I am doing the right thing. I know that it will improve in time and that if I work hard, things will remain stable. I'm not lying when I felt scared for posting all that, but in the end it was the right thing because of what you said. Thank you!

The "let it out" thread. - Page 17 3207319737
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:14 am

heheh Thanks, but as a tradition now I must help others here when I can.
    IIdoneus
    IIdoneus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : Here but there. In all places, yet only a few locations.

Post by IIdoneus Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:30 am

This is going to seem stupid...but is anyone else here bisexual? If so perhaps you know what I am going through.
    People
    always tell me I am just confused. They tell me I need to "pick a
    side". Every day I get someone trying to "convert me" to their "team". I
    am getting so sick of it! Why do people think that human sexuality is
    so static! Why can't I like both!? I have been with both guys and girls
    and can definitely say that I am equally attracted to both!
    What really pisses me off is when people think they can like...take advantage of me for...gratification, if you will. Because people think that if you go both ways, you are some kind of strumpet. Today I had a straight (or so I thought) guy approach me and ask for...something.
    I am sorry if I offended people of more delicate sensibilities with this, but I needed to let it out. Believe it or not, I am christian and a very faithful person. I am also fairly conservative. I suppose you could say I am a walking moral contradiction. But really, why is this world so hateful sometimes!?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:49 am

Because people in general are closed minded, stupid, and afraid of things that are different from them. I'm not bisexual, but there are things about me that people don't like. I don't need they're approval though, and neither do you.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:59 am

It's the way society thinks IIdonues, you can be straight or homosexual as it goes, not both. However I call that crap since I believe there's a choice and lot of people will tell you how the other is wrong and their right. If you think your bi then your bi! Who gives A *** about your sexuality? Its your business not theirs. A problem is society is quick as hell to judge something they don't or refuse to understand.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:46 am

IIdoneus wrote:This is going to seem stupid...but is anyone else here bisexual? If so perhaps you know what I am going through.
    People
    always tell me I am just confused. They tell me I need to "pick a
    side". Every day I get someone trying to "convert me" to their "team". I
    am getting so sick of it! Why do people think that human sexuality is
    so static! Why can't I like both!? I have been with both guys and girls
    and can definitely say that I am equally attracted to both!
    What really pisses me off is when people think they can like...take advantage of me for...gratification, if you will. Because people think that if you go both ways, you are some kind of strumpet. Today I had a straight (or so I thought) guy approach me and ask for...something.
    I am sorry if I offended people of more delicate sensibilities with this, but I needed to let it out. Believe it or not, I am christian and a very faithful person. I am also fairly conservative. I suppose you could say I am a walking moral contradiction. But really, why is this world so hateful sometimes!?

Big wall o' text ahead:

Spoiler:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 6:22 pm