Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
gmwdim
Sloth9230
EeAyEss
BagerX2
skarekrow13
Argetlam350
Tolvo
Carphil
BLA1NE
ChizFreak
14 posters

The Playstation 4 Thread (first info and discussion thread)

ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

The Playstation 4 Thread (first info and discussion thread) Empty The Playstation 4 Thread (first info and discussion thread)

Post by ChizFreak Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:38 pm

The Playstation 4 Thread (first info and discussion thread) 8492670863_9a2f640988_z

Better specs, faster online, retro compatibility (and in the future the option to play old games in any device) through Cloud Gaming, a new touchpad, THE ABILITY TO PLAY GAMES AS YOU DOWNLOAD THEM, the PS4 has a 2nd chip only for background processing (like downloads in the background), the PS4 is always recording the last 15 min of your gameplay and you can share it without effort!

Also the PS4 will no longer have "setup" processes, like you know, you go turn on the PS3, and wait until it completely turns on, so you can start playing, well now that is over, you can press the power button of the PS4 at ANY time and the PS4 will enter a low-power state letting you go do other things, when you comeback, you just press the power button again and the system will restart JUST WHERE YOU LEFT IT, even in the middle of games.

More info about the PS4: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/20/playstation-meeting-2013-the-future-of-gaming-is-here-with-playstation-4/

New Joystick:

The Playstation 4 Thread (first info and discussion thread) 8493772456_34a85b7767_z

The Playstation 4 Thread (first info and discussion thread) 8493772388_932586c069_n

The Playstation 4 Thread (first info and discussion thread) 8493772390_9edab1aa58_n

Full info about the joystick: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/20/dualshock-4-revealed-pushing-the-boundaries-of-play/

Plus they said they will be supporting the Vita with the PS4 via Remote PLAY, THANK GOD! I bought a PS Vita and I was afraid that with the announcement of the PS4 they would announce a new handheld, but hell no, this is AWESOME!

The Playstation 4 Thread (first info and discussion thread) 8492669461_b49583fd3c_z

The Playstation 4 Thread (first info and discussion thread) 8492673383_e9792150ea_z

The Playstation 4 Thread (first info and discussion thread) 8494175210_7f3e46df63_z

Games: Killzone Shadow Fall, Infamous: Second Son, New Final Fantasy, Diablo 3 for PS4, Drive Club, a design software made by Media Molecule to use with Playstation Move, recently CD Projekt announced that The Witcher 3 will be in PS4 too, Watch Dogs, The Witness (a puzzle indie game made by the creator of Braid), among others I'm forgetting.

Trailers of games:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u541wKmf0UU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q59tHyhDMkI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRt2bw82wYo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHSeyPl--Fw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUZJTjns6Qg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brd0F7rlXCI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kJkiwDeWqQ

There is also the trailer of the game Deep Down (working title) by Capcom, which was uploaded to Sony's Channel but for some reason was made private short after, look a mirror at the end of this post below.

look for them here https://www.youtube.com/user/PlayStation

Sony announced today PS4 will NOT require constant internet connection, and will not put any barriers to SECOND HAND GAMING.

Plus Bungie the creators of Halo sided with Sony to make Destiny (though it's not exclusive, they will make exclusive content for PS4), Cliff Bleszinski left Epic Games to make his own games, I mean the 2 important exclusive franchises of Microsoft just got damaged, I mean: MICROSOFT IS IN A HARD SITUATION

SPECIAL MENTION: Deep Down (working title), a game by Capcom, that uses the new (also developed by them) Panta Rhei Engine, with IN MY OPINION the best graphics in REAL TIME yet.

Check this video:

And this is just 720p, Sony uploaded a 1080p version, but they made it Private now for some reason, luckily, I recorded it in 1080p (owned SONY!), so I will upload it later.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

The Playstation 4 Thread (first info and discussion thread) Empty Re: The Playstation 4 Thread (first info and discussion thread)

Post by BLA1NE Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:55 pm

ChizFreak wrote:MICROSOFT IS IN A HARD SITUATION
    There's no need to turn this into a flame war! And honestly speaking, I don't think any of this would really hurt MS, because the vast majority of their userbase (and PS's, no doubt) is uninformed gamers. They don't know and don't care about which console has what games and advantages, they just bought whichever was cheaper or was airing more commercials on TV at the time... So let's try and keep this discussion on topic--that is, PS4, not Microsoft! We can discuss both in here, but let's not compare them too much or make any doomsday claims on either's account.

That being said, I'm very excited for the PS4. Loved most of what I saw at the presentation, can't wait to see the launch lineup to decide when I'll be picking mine up.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

The Playstation 4 Thread (first info and discussion thread) Empty Re: The Playstation 4 Thread (first info and discussion thread)

Post by Carphil Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:58 pm

New Killzone? D3 for console? I'm getting it. No need for anything else

If just were not so danm much expensive here!!!

I may have to travel just for this!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:08 pm

Watch Dogs and The Witness do have my eye, but I've really got to see more actual gameplay before I can really get interested in anything for the system.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:20 pm

The Witness is a no-brainer for me (no pun intended...). It won't be the only platform to play it on (I think Blow said "in the time window" it would be the only one to have it--so timed exclusive) but if nothing else, it'll be a good game to play on PS4 to hold off until further releases.
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:25 pm

Infamous Second Son interests me the most since I've been a fan of Infamous since the first game. I'm just curious on which ending they'll use as canon or maybe they'll just let it be kind of up to the players. Like we will never truely know or something so we take it as we like it.

Also I just thought I would add, looking at Gameinformer a few minutes ago and apprently then Witcher 3 has been announced for PS4.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:28 pm

Sony has basically shared my bank account for ages so no reason to think I won't find myself with one of these bad boys. However, I can honestly say that everything they showed and discussed had me pretty excited.

Like ChizFreak, I am a proud Vita owner and have been a little disappointed with a few of the promised features. Remote Play specifically. When I first saw press releases it felt like they wanted to let you use the PS3 as a streaming service which would allow the Vita to play pretty much anything on the PS3 since the main console would still be doing the bulk of the work.

Then I saw that they acquired Gaikai and the speculation mill started again that it was specifically to allow a remote play like function.

Now they're actually talking about their acquisition and promising remote play like features across a variety of devices. Dare I dream that the Vita was actually engineered with the PS4 in mind?

My only concern is this:

Dark Souls 3

Why am I concerned do you ask? I believe the assumption is Dark Souls 2 will be on PS3 so let's fast forward to a PS4 version. The ability to let the PS4 go into the low power idle state is just like the Vita's power button. I hit the power button mid gunshot in Uncharted and go get a sandwich. I come back, hit the power button again and the bullet finishes it's trajectory. Yeah, it works THAT well. Imagine the scores and scores of poor sports who will hit the button to go into low power mode, disconnecting your fight. From better be working on this already dangnabbit!!

Spoiler:
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:32 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:
    Dark Souls 3

Why am I concerned do you ask? I believe the assumption is Dark Souls 2 will be on PS3 so let's fast forward to a PS4 version. The ability to let the PS4 go into the low power idle state is just like the Vita's power button. I hit the power button mid gunshot in Uncharted and go get a sandwich. I come back, hit the power button again and the bullet finishes it's trajectory. Yeah, it works THAT well. Imagine the scores and scores of poor sports who will hit the button to go into low power mode, disconnecting your fight. From better be working on this already dangnabbit!!

Spoiler:

I already said that I bet my money that Miyazaki's secret project is something for the PS4, maybe Demon's Souls 2, or another souls-like game.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:35 pm

Skare, good point. Not just Dark Souls, but all multiplayer games will have to work on a solution to rage quitters! It could be an easy fix, like the console asking for confirmation before going to sleep during online play, and devs being able to make their game force the console not to go to sleep at certain times, or to delay the sleep long enough for there to be consequences. Like when you log off PSN while you're playing certain games, the game will save before booting you out of the game. It won't prevent people from being able to rage-quit, but they won't avoid the consequences!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:42 pm

I remember you saying that actually and I wouldn't be surprised at all. With his creativity so far I bet he can fix my dilemna big grin

Bla1ne, I wouldn't even be opposed to developers inflicting consequences for it but you have some good workaround ideas for sure.
    BagerX2
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BagerX2 Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:54 pm

People can rage quit easy now. On xbox just hit the menue button and go to dashboard and on ps3 just hit it and quit game. On either console it takes about 2 seconds. There are also those that would shut the system down before they would ever drop their KDR in games. If people want to they will find a way. Now I wont continue to distance myself by saying people. I have dashboarded/quit game before. Hell I did it yesterday when I was invaded while trying to summon someone for a boss, just didn't feel like fighting.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:57 pm

It's definitely easy now but with PS3 though the PS button method takes a few seconds to work. On the Vita, the power button is instant sleep mode. I've killed a good number of rage quitters before they could manage the disconnect.

EDIT: I wonder if online portions of games will be regulated differently. On the Vita, the button is basically the ultimate pause button. It just locks everything and does power save functioning. Any online game would be hurt by this concept because the person hitting the button is essentially freezing the game as it was, while currently the PS button/quit concept reverts to the last saved data. When it wakes, it could find that everyone the player was interacting with has changed the game's information (ex. that Darkwraith is in position "x" but while I paused my game he moved to position "y"). This feature will either have to have online differences or developers will have to account for this.
    BagerX2
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BagerX2 Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:07 pm

Random thing though, has nothing to do with my other comment. Does it make me a slight PS fan if I have been counting off the days till the conference, I was playing my ps3 while listening to the pre show commentary on IGN, then playing PS3 during the show except during videos?
    Edit: It might make me a nerd... nah...
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:12 pm

To address Skarekrow's concern:

Just disable the damn feature entirely during online play. You can't quit in DkS multi, no reason to turn your console into sleep mode, either.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:13 pm

I was just thinking about the Witness: I think it'd be awesome if it (or games like it) had built-in permutations--just slight changes here and there, nothing big--that would alter the playthrough just enough that you can't get help by looking online or asking someone else. twisted Kind of like when you're taking an exam and there are multiple versions of it in the class, so people can't copy off their neighbor. That way you have to beat it yourself, no matter how long it takes you to figure it out. I just feel like the sense of accomplishment would be so much greater that way. It would actually be a game you beat, rather than just another game you finished.

@Bager

I was also counting down the days. And GT confused me with their 1 hour pre-show, I thought that the conference started at 5. Was so excited to be exactly on time, then I saw Keighley's face, was so disappointed! I shut it off, played PSP for an hour, then tuned back in for the conference, watched the whole thing. happy

@Ee

Sure you can quit--from the PS button, though. It's a feature that's out of the game, and out of the game's control. The sleep mode would be the same thing as quitting the game from the PS menu. That's why we're hoping devs will have fixes, otherwise it'll be like an OP version of PS-menu quitting!
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:15 pm

I see. How about sleep mode makes you quit multiplayer sessions?
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:37 pm

Look at that top right hand corner... H'mmm
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:40 pm

I hope they don't make the same mistake they did with PS3, when they had very few launch titles (the only noteworthy one was Resistance).
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:49 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:Look at that top right hand corner... H'mmm

I also noticed Atlus when they showed it live. Maybe we can get Dark Souls 2 AND Demon's Souls 2? (Yeah, I know Atlus was just the publisher and not the developer for Demon's Souls, but a man can dream)

Is it just me, or is Blizzard conspicuously missing from that collage?

I also see Bethesda. Perhaps we'll get a Fallout 4 announcement soon? big grin
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:52 pm

gmwdim wrote:
    Sloth9230 wrote:Look at that top right hand corner... H'mmm

I also noticed Atlus when they showed it live. Maybe we can get Dark Souls 2 AND Demon's Souls 2? (Yeah, I know Atlus was just the publisher and not the developer for Demon's Souls, but a man can dream)

Is it just me, or is Blizzard conspicuously missing from that collage?

I also see Bethesda. Perhaps we'll get a Fallout 4 announcement soon? big grin

Blizzard and Bungie aren't on there, but Activision is.

I certainly hope we'll get an announcement soon, I've been waiting for forever sad
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:03 pm

Looks like 3rd parties, but then SOE and SCE are on there... So where are Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, ThatGameCompany, Insomniac, Incognito, Team Ico, Polyphony Digital, NIS... I don't even see Guerrilla on there! Or Blizzard, for that matter. Terrible collage!
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:10 pm

BLA1NE wrote:Looks like 3rd parties, but then SOE and SCE are on there... So where are Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, ThatGameCompany, Insomniac, Incognito, Team Ico, Polyphony Digital, NIS... I don't even see Guerrilla on there! Or Blizzard, for that matter. Terrible collage!

Most of them are probably under their publishers and or umbrella companies. For instance, Naughty Dog is a subsidiary of Sony Computer Entertainment.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:14 pm

I thought about publishers, but then some of those are just developers so that threw me off too. But you're right that some of them might be clustered under umbrellas. Just kind of confusing throwing it all haphazardly in there--devs, publishers, amalgams and all!
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:18 pm

gmwdim wrote:I hope they don't make the same mistake they did with PS3, when they had very few launch titles (the only noteworthy one was Resistance).

Yeah, this is my concern as well. I bought the PS3 launch day and had a few blu rays and a couple games to play, resistance and ninja gaiden, and my PS2 backlog. Keeping w/ blu ray and removing BC they better realize that they are going to need a KILLER lineup, and not just launch time, but a good game released every month for the first year on top of 5 great games at launch. Anything less will be disappointing. I'll probably wait until a year after launch at which point it would be safe to replace my PS3.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:22 pm

Here's an official list of 3rd party developers/publishers, it's at the bottom.

From-Software is definitely working on something for the PS4, I just hope it's Miyazaki's project and not DKS2. I don't want to buy a PS4 just so I can play DKS2 at launch. I have terrible luck with buying consoles at launch... 3 360s and 2 PS3s are currently buried in my backyard sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:07 pm