Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
FattyOfDoom
PwnasauresRex
Forum Pirate
N_Raist
CaligoIllioneus
Sloth9230
The Letter X
Ahhotep1
Rynn
GrinTwist
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
ThatPerson
Skarectum
TheMeInTeam
hageshisa
skarekrow13
RANT
robsthedon
argotthar
ROOSTER330
wolfboy
White Knight Wulf
Ghadis_God
DoughGuy
Uparkaam
FinPeku
cloudyeki
Quarik
Bamjam
SunlightCrusader
Spurgun
Rudmed
nsane32
dancash1808
Brokewilly
TehInfamousAmos
Tolvo
Emergence
reim0027
DarkW17
44 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 25 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by White Knight Wulf Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:15 pm

Radda
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:30 pm

I wish forest hunters couln't get indicted, I mean I enjoy facing of against darkmoons every now and then, but most of the darkmoons I've fought tend to be... not nice. It's not even their cheep tactics or rude gestures that bug me, but there's nothing worse than some a**hole with a holier than though attitude.

had some guy send me a message saying that I sucked and that I should quit playing the game because sinners like me ruin it for everyone else, this after he backstabbed me while I was in the middle of a duel with a RSS at the Kiln... like wth? the only people I invade are gankers in the forest who deserve what they get. I just think that forest hunter should have been the legitimate owners of the forest instead of some just random bandit who have claimed it as their turf. After all we are guarding the grave of one of gwyn's most trusted soldiers, you'd think gyndolin would cut us some slack. Then again the guy doesn't give a s**t if you kill O&S sou I shouldn't be surprised.

there now my rants over lol

tl:dr, Darkmoons annoy me... unless they're helping clean up the trash in the forest big grin
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:41 pm

I see your point, but I actually like the indictment. I look at it as I pissed off a ganker. Even if that isn't true, that is how I choose to look at it. I see it as a reward for a job well done.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:07 pm

reim0027 wrote:I see your point, but I actually like the indictment. I look at it as I pissed off a ganker. Even if that isn't true, that is how I choose to look at it. I see it as a reward for a job well done.

Yeah me too, I wanna see how high I can get in the book of guilty from just forest hunting lol, the only time Gankers annoy me is when they disconnect. No souls, no indicment, nada, thanks for wasting my time, I'll just black crystal next time I invade in your world have fun playing with yourself.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:26 pm

I don't like fighting DM's either. Not because of ethics, covenants, etc. When I host I like to get humanity is all.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:35 pm

I dislike fighting against Darkmoons because they always are the same two builds. They always buff, they always have a rapier or katana. They often have a mask.

Darkmoon is the mini-maxer covenant.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:06 pm

On a side note, I think it's important to try and remember that not everyone in the forest is a ganker (at least not on purpose). I invaded this guy three times the other day the first time he had a phantom with him so i ran and hid until someone else invaded, a minute later someone appeared and Dark beaded the phantom while the other invader handled the host. After that I joined my fellow forest hunter and the guy got darkbeaded back to the last bonfire. 5 minutes later I invaded the same guy and he's just standing by the entrance so i assumed he was waiting for a ganking buddy. I cast homing crystal soulmass and fire of a moonlight greatsword blast. The HCMS misses but the moonlight greatsword didn't and I finished him of with dark bead as he gets back up. I invade the guy again later and this time he bows, I've been stabbed while bowing back so I just did a point blank dark bead and finished it with with my MGS.

Next thing you know he sends me a message to stop using dark magic and I asked why, he tells me that I have sword and that I should use it instead of being cheap. I told him "it's the forest anything goes, deal with it or stay out" he didn't get what I meant and thought I was just looking for excuses to be cheap so I explained to him the situation with the gankers and told him that if he wanted to fight sif he should just run all the way through and not look back or to go it hollow. Apperantly he had already tried that but sif kept owning me and so he asked if I was willing to help him. I agreed and on while I got summoned he got invaded. I let him handle the first invader and then took on a second one who appeared while they fought. After that we ran straight to Sif. At first I just watched him fight Sif while trying to figure out why he kept failing (he was trying to roll through Sifs attacks instead of using a shield, while staying at a medium distance)Once his health got down low enough I hit Sif with dark bead to get his attention and then fought Sif while he flasked. We won and he sent me a thank you message, I told him it was no problem and explained the proper way to fight sif so that he would have a better chance in his NG+ route.

My point is that not everyone in the forest is a ganker and we should not assume so, sometimes we let our past experiences in the forest jade us and because of that I almost ruined a New dark souls player's experience. If your'e forest hunting at lower levels try and keep in mind that someone who looks like ganker could just be a new player or someone who doesn't realize what kind of place the forest is. Once you go past level 90 though... give them hell twisted

Tolvo wrote:I don't like fighting DM's either. Not because of ethics, covenants, etc. When I host I like to get humanity is all.

Agree'd, with darkwraiths or BP's every victory means I get to PvP a bit longer, with dark moons all it means is that I've wasted time and resources fighting them so now I have rush to the bonfire and restock before I get invaded again.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:41 pm

Rynn wrote:I dislike fighting against Darkmoons because they always are the same two builds. They always buff, they always have a rapier or katana. They often have a mask.

....what do you think about those of who were in it for the blue sword? I mean its looks boss! Ever see a guy running with a giant blue sword of death and destruction?

@Sloth: Hence the reason why a majority of the people here are honorable. We try to promote honor, and destory gankers. We don't go and destory people who are rather innocent, instead we destory those who deserve it. Also I wouldn't hate on you for using dark magic. I'm going to use it, and people can whine all they want. Now I won't lie Dark magic is powerful...and dark beads acts like a sawed-off shotgun at point blank.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:08 pm

Rudmed wrote:
    Rynn wrote:I dislike fighting against Darkmoons because they always are the same two builds. They always buff, they always have a rapier or katana. They often have a mask.

....what do you think about those of who were in it for the blue sword? I mean its looks boss! Ever see a guy running with a giant blue sword of death and destruction?

@Sloth: Hence the reason why a majority of the people here are honorable. We try to promote honor, and destory gankers. We don't go and destory people who are rather innocent, instead we destory those who deserve it. Also I wouldn't hate on you for using dark magic. I'm going to use it, and people can whine all they want. Now I won't lie Dark magic is powerful...and dark beads acts like a sawed-off shotgun at point blank.

Good ole Rudmed laying the knowledge down Proper Bow .

@Sloth - majority of the players in this thread make it a point to fight the gank whenever it rears its ugly head. I have walked the path of FH and now that of a DM but I still deliver justice to guilty gankers. If I invade a honorable host then its just another duel to the death. I try to treat all players I encounter with a little respect which hopefully grows over time. Remember its the actions of the player not the covenant that is the problem.

Fighting the gank - its what we do!!

I have a love/hate relationship with dark magic since offensively I used it to counter BS fishers but on the receiving end my SL128 has been killed out right by it.Its nothing worse than having an invader materialize and immediately cast pursuers then run right at you :shock: . The introduction of dark magic has given a low skilled player the ability to kill a average & above player if they spam the sorcery. But I'm not going to fuss too much because I like the challenge although you can shave a little of the frustration off the top lol

Onward and upwards people, onward and upwards!!
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:27 pm

I've just come to the conclusion that everyone is going to complain that I used, WoG, Stunlocked, Had one some parts of Giants armor, am fast rolling in heavier armor, healed, used GMB, and chainstabbed.

It's gotten the point where I'm just like, "Nope don't care anymore!"
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:25 pm

Oh no, I do what ever it takes to kill gankers, i just felt bad cause this person wasn't a ganker and I assumed they were. Man I miss being a +3 forest hunter (sunlight spear you were not worth it sad ) time to rank back up, be seeing you guys around happy
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:49 am

What are the perks with higher forest hunter ranks anyways?
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:51 am

Rudmed wrote:What are the perks with higher forest hunter ranks anyways?

Personal satisfaction, and when I show up in the book of guilty people will know how I got my "sin"
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:43 pm

I ended up as a white phantom in someone's world instead of invading. Twice in a row. Both times with the same host. I've never had that glitch happen two times in a row.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:58 pm

it happens to me every once in a while, they never wanna coop, just gank so i just stand there and let them get ganked back lol. i once invaded someone killed them then invaded but came out the other side as awhite phantom and ust stood there and let him get ganked lol
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:34 pm

Just had an epic match against a some gankers and their Black phantom buddy.

I ran into what looked like a 1v1 fight but as soon as I got near the Bp ran towards me, so I Decide to run away. As spoon as I started running one of the shrubs turned back into a phantom and I realized just how screwed I was. I hightail it all the way back to the bridge behind Alvinas. All three come after me with, the BP in the lead and the host in back. I start spamming WOG but BP dodges it perfectly, the guy in the middle wasn't so lucky though(he was wearing full giants and so wasn't getting knocked down). The host casts crystal dragon breath so I quickly hide behind the wall, and only the BP gets hit. Taking advantage of him getting stunned I cast WOG again killing the BP and hurting the regular Phantom( host kept flasking -_-) I roll down the stairs and the phantom follows me and eats a Dark Bead to the face as he recovers from the fall. The host tried a plunging attack and got a backstab for his troubles, followed up by a dark bead while his phantom helplessly watched him die. The phantom tried attacking after that, but a quick stab from my balder side sword was all it took to let the wannabe sunbro join his master.

Sadly, I didn't get indictment sad
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:30 pm

Sounds like a job well done! 3v1s are a pain to beat. Oh, sorry if i sound rude, but i think i haven't seen you around here before. Welcome to the forums! Forest hunting is one of the toughest jobs in Lordran, but also one of the most rewarding. Keep on fighting the gank, and sharing your best stories with us.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:37 pm

I'm seeing a ton of low level (55 or less) builds in the forest lately. Is this something that has happened recently, or is it something new?
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:47 pm

FinPeku wrote:Sounds like a job well done! 3v1s are a pain to beat. Oh, sorry if i sound rude, but i think i haven't seen you around here before. Welcome to the forums! Forest hunting is one of the toughest jobs in Lordran, but also one of the most rewarding. Keep on fighting the gank, and sharing your best stories with us.

Yeah I mostly just lurked around the forums stealing ideas before I decided to join the other day with the announcement of Dark Souls 2 lol.

I just think it's funny that if the host had been more patient they probably would have won that fight(The Wog that killed the BP was my last one lol)

How do you know they're low level, did you ask them? You could just be invading up. Personally I usually take on Sif around the 30's before I head out for Sens.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:05 pm

U can tell by the souls u get
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:14 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:Just had an epic match against a some gankers and their Black phantom buddy.Sadly, I didn't get indictment sad

@Sloth - welcome to the Alvina's clan of anti-gank hunters and duelists Proper Bow Excellent job vs the 3v1 - there is nothing as pleasing in this game like beating the gank. Congrats if that was your 1st 3v1 victory. Glad to see you like indictments - they are a bang of honor for any gank fighter.

Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:16 pm

Wolfof Phyrexia wrote:U can tell by the souls u get

About that, has anyone figured out an exact equation yet? Sometimes I get a lot, sometimes I don't. I'm level 213 and haven't noticed a noticeable difference from when I just started out at lvl 90 even though my opponents soul level should only be increasing.

Indeed it was my first 3v1 victory, and thanks. I like knowing that I pissed off the gankers, hate dealing with the darkmoons later. Oh well, I suppose it comes with the turf.

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:48 pm

I heard of an equation but its not absolute
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:00 pm

If you are the invader you get 10% of what it takes for the invadee to level up.
    If you are the invadee you get 50% of what it takes the invader to level up.

So, by hosting you get a loot more souls than by invading.

Here's a useful calculator if you're interested. https://sites.google.com/site/darksoulstats/dark-souls-calculators/mini-calcs
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:07 pm

FinPeku wrote:If you are the invader you get 10% of what it takes for the invadee to level up.
    If you are the invadee you get 50% of what it takes the invader to level up.

So, by hosting you get a loot more souls than by invading.

Here's a useful calculator if you're interested. https://sites.google.com/site/darksoulstats/dark-souls-calculators/mini-calcs

H'mmm interesting, I actually found that I got significantly lower souls on the host side(got glitched into a gankers world), though I was a phantom so I guess I only got half of what the host got. The Catbros were probably invading up though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 1:28 am