Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
FattyOfDoom
PwnasauresRex
Forum Pirate
N_Raist
CaligoIllioneus
Sloth9230
The Letter X
Ahhotep1
Rynn
GrinTwist
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
ThatPerson
Skarectum
TheMeInTeam
hageshisa
skarekrow13
RANT
robsthedon
argotthar
ROOSTER330
wolfboy
White Knight Wulf
Ghadis_God
DoughGuy
Uparkaam
FinPeku
cloudyeki
Quarik
Bamjam
SunlightCrusader
Spurgun
Rudmed
nsane32
dancash1808
Brokewilly
TehInfamousAmos
Tolvo
Emergence
reim0027
DarkW17
44 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 14 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by FinPeku Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:04 pm

@Rant - Sounds like forest is the place for you. All those little tricks and mind games you can have with gankers are so much fun big grin You should get a capture card, i'd love to see gankers getting some mace to face. How is jagged/ghost blade by the way? I have used the jagged ghost blade with my SL 1, but i admit that i have never used the regular ghost blade.

It's been a long time since i used SL 100-120 builds in forest. I should probably try it again.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:20 pm

i have a dazzle that glatts gave me when he upgraded but i had some stuff i was doing at home and i misplaced it and i just found it lat week, and finally my apt is in order so all i gotta do is figure out how to record properly. i got it working but i can only play while looking at my laptop which kinda sucks and is that how its supposed to be glatts? or did i F up? lol. the jagged/ghost blades are ok, i use the jagged one just for breaking poise since its a semi str curve sword and its really good against those damn med/fat rollers with tons of poise, ripostes the ghost blade is way better but with everyone carrying 99 humanities and maxed armor its not nearly as good as the bandit knife but i JUST started using them and havent tested them much, i need someone that i can test this with further.
    argotthar
    argotthar
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by argotthar Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:42 am

FinPeku wrote:It's just like what always happens if the backstabber gets dealt damage right when he is about to backstab. The animation happens, but the backstab deals no damage.

Yeah, thought so, thanks.

Regarding builds, I'm using this one http://tinyurl.com/b9pp223
    Originally I thought to use magic a bit more hence 19 att but after seeing how OP dark magic is I dropped it to Dark Bead only (using it with TCC so I get 3 casts) and rest is CMW and pyro. But then again I rarely use magic, except CMW which is a must, so there is a room to further fix this build.
    Anyway this build requires pretty much aggressive attitude if you wanna use its max (while CMW lasts) and then you can use poison resin or something like that.
    My figths tend to be pretty fast as I'm all into killing one of them as fast as I can (sometimes using hornets instead of wolf).

As I already said, I rarely ever use magic (especially avoiding dark one) but I'm gonna stick to this build as with 19att I have some backup solution in case pure melee fails :-)
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:56 am

Your build looks good. Enough damage, hp and poise. If you don't like to use magic, you can at least use them as a zoning tool. Throw a fireball right in front of you when you need to escape and heal, or run behind a corner and cast fire tempest if they follow you, punish healing with dark bead etc.
    argotthar
    argotthar
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by argotthar Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:33 pm

FinPeku wrote:Your build looks good. Enough damage, hp and poise. If you don't like to use magic, you can at least use them as a zoning tool. Throw a fireball right in front of you when you need to escape and heal, or run behind a corner and cast fire tempest if they follow you, punish healing with dark bead etc.

Exactly why I'm sticking to this build Bow
    Similar thinking happy
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:11 pm

I also use the mace, morningstar and butcher knife on my SL84 STR build and I like all three of those weapons. In a straight-up duel the morningstar is a BEAST - I have able to get bleed a few times which was very unexpected. I will say the pickaxe is a poise/shield break "killa" if you can get off enough swings especially if your opponent likes to turtle. I have never used the jagged/ghost blade in a fight so that weapon is a mystery to me - I didn't know it caused bleed.

I have been experimenting with crystal weapons (pike, hand axe, scimitar, longsword, etc) a lot lately and the one weapon which usually catches many of my opponents by surpise is the crystal scimitar. They see it and think "what is he going do with that small thing?" and before you know it I have racked up 1000+ dmg on them and they are backing away saying "WTF". The scimitar's swing speed is either the same as the falchion or a bit faster - the weapon's reach is the main difference but easy to adjust to. Since you only need T. chunks (farmable - yeah baby!!) to upgrade to +4 and can buy them it has turned out to be beautiful thing - it is viable alternative to falchion.

I wish each of you good hunting against the gank - for the glory of Alvina!!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:14 pm

Hey hey, one of the Hunters is on the verge of a return. I took a hiatus from just about everywhere but Off Topic once the PC version was released and wanted to see the DLC for myself before doing some forest hunting. Well, I've seen the DLC and I believe Alvina is calling......
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:26 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Hey hey, one of the Hunters is on the verge of a return. I took a hiatus from just about everywhere but Off Topic once the PC version was released and wanted to see the DLC for myself before doing some forest hunting. Well, I've seen the DLC and I believe Alvina is calling......

Welcome back Prostration

Tolvo has already returned, now skare. Now I can only hope Amos doesn't go full hollow in the arena, and returns to forest.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:32 pm

I'll only admit this to my fellow blues.....

I f'n hate the arena.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:34 pm

You're not the only one! big grin
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:14 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:I'll only admit this to my fellow blues.....

I f'n hate the arena.

@Skare - glad to see you've come back into the fold Prostration . Yeah - I'm not to fond of the arena either. I always get paired up with a mage spamming dark magic like crazy. That dark magic is powerful stuff - I will be getting some fight practice against it soon.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:21 pm

Brokewilly wrote:@Skare - glad to see you've come back into the fold Prostration . Yeah - I'm not to fond of the arena either. I always get paired up with a mage spamming dark magic like crazy. That dark magic is powerful stuff - I will be getting some fight practice against it soon.

When fighting gankers, pursuers is rarely a problem. There is plenty of room to just backpedal away until they vanish. Dark bead is the problem. But after some practice it becomes easier to dodge. I've noticed that when people cast dark bead, they almost always cast two in a row. So usually it is pursuers, dark bead, dark bead. Just like with great combustion or wog. And when it becomes predictable, it becomes punishable.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:30 pm

I honestly get better fights by the fire right after the arena and invaders while waiting for help for Kalameet (trying to get the damn tail and he's not playing nice.......sl225 is hard to find help)

Good to see you still kicking a$$ and taking names Broke!
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:20 pm

Ahahaha, Fin I am not full hollow yet buddy - just allowing myself to carry a heal to use against c'nts.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:11 pm

Man - the gang is all here;). You know we all have ganking fighting in our blood.

@Skare - are you referring to the 1st bonfire in the Township? If you are I have been spawn ganked more times at that bonfire than I care to remember. I got smart and started to invaded in the lower township area near the chain prisoner. Gankers are loathed to come down there (they must be scared of a few dark magic casting citizens) but those who do venture down are toyed with and brought to justice with extreme prejudice - oh I love hunting ganking sinners wherever they rear their ugly heads.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:25 pm

Something just dawned on me....you can buff crystal weapons can't you?
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:28 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:Ahahaha, Fin I am not full hollow yet buddy - just allowing myself to carry a heal to use against c'nts.
    Good to hear man. Nothing wrong in healing imo.

"Don't get yourself killed, neither of us want to see you go hollow"
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:30 pm

Rudmed wrote:Something just dawned on me....you can buff crystal weapons can't you?

Yes twisted
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:33 pm

...can you buy zwielhanders from anyone?
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:34 pm

Rudmed wrote:Something just dawned on me....you can buff crystal weapons can't you?

Oh yes - that is the beauty of crystal weapons - they already deal enhanced physical damage and you can always place your buff of choice on it for that extra punch. I live and die by crystal weapons now - since you like pikes I suggest you make crystal pike +4 and give it whirl in the forest. I promise you will not be dissappointed. I can't wait to mule a crystal +4 large club to my SL84 for testing - I am looking to "wreck shop" with it.

Unfortunately no it is treasure (one per playthrough) - but I have 2 or 3 zwie's spread across my three toons I could give you. I don't use them. I just need to verify I still have them - I know I gave one to Wolf already.

Last edited by Brokewilly on Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:36 pm

You could ask Lord Of Ash. Or buy greatswords from Crestfallen Merchant instead.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:40 pm

.....Dah it will work.

BUFFED CRYSTAL WEAPONS HO!
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:55 pm

Rudmed wrote:.....Dah it will work.

BUFFED CRYSTAL WEAPONS HO!

@Uparkaam - that is good idea.

@Rudmed to get a feel for the damage increase you may want to give a crystal +4 greatsword a twirl (I think it has similiar moveset with zwei) to check the damage output. I know you are going to love the AR increase. You may want to do some test runs in forest with a crystal greatsword to see the horror on the gankers faces when you hit them with it.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:14 pm

Broke, that's the spot but mostly in invaded. No gank obviously but still surprised at the honor so far?
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:49 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Broke, that's the spot but mostly in invaded. No gank obviously but still surprised at the honor so far?

Yeah - hosting is not bad at all but invading is terrible (on XBOX). I have only had one honorable fight when I have invaded with my Darkmoon at that bonfire - all the rest have been gank squads.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 2:16 pm