Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
FattyOfDoom
PwnasauresRex
Forum Pirate
N_Raist
CaligoIllioneus
Sloth9230
The Letter X
Ahhotep1
Rynn
GrinTwist
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
ThatPerson
Skarectum
TheMeInTeam
hageshisa
skarekrow13
RANT
robsthedon
argotthar
ROOSTER330
wolfboy
White Knight Wulf
Ghadis_God
DoughGuy
Uparkaam
FinPeku
cloudyeki
Quarik
Bamjam
SunlightCrusader
Spurgun
Rudmed
nsane32
dancash1808
Brokewilly
TehInfamousAmos
Tolvo
Emergence
reim0027
DarkW17
44 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 13 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by Rudmed Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:29 pm

Warning: wall of text ahead

No not much dark magic. Odd, but I think the somewhat long cast timing is the reason for that. I've had an encounter with pursuers, which you pretty much gotta run away from them and the gankers.

The trick with dark magic imo is to either throw on GMB or be careful. Eating dark beads and pursers at point blank range may kill anything.

I always seem to get the pissed off players too. I get invaded by a dude who I knew (or thought was a ganker...he said he wasn't when I invaded his buddies world. They were looking for duels and I ran away....maybe because you both were standing mere feet away from each other when one of them bowed. Plus how many duels can one have in the forest? Nor did they repeat this behavior the 2nd time I invaded them) So I do the logical thing and bum rush him (with full giants, zwiel, and havel's). Figuring, I wouldn't let him have the chance for any dirty tricks. Well eventually I get beat down a bit and I pull out a DB (still thinking he is going to fight dirty).

This goes on through 3 DMB (Can you get 3 DMBS?) PGS (two of which I countered with GMB). Eventually it finally ends. He sends me the message calling me the worst player he has ever fought, (Well considering how I fought him off in a 2v1 and in 1v1). He says without the buff he was kicking my butt. Truth be told him using the PGS 2-handed and flip ring allowed him great mobility (now if only he didn't spam RB) which was hard for my zwielhander (I should have jumped to hit and run attacks). The giants armor was helping, but was by all means not my trump card. The fact that I had 2280 health was my trump card, but he needed to vent and so he did so by insulting me. Such an unhealthy enviorment Dark Souls creates.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:31 pm

Rudmed and I teamed up to take on the Abysswalker - some jolly co-op as they say. Here is a link to the vid:

https://youtu.be/ufy8Cz8YRJU

It was grand ole time. Enjoy.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:36 pm

Can't let Broke get satisfaction of killing Atorias!

SLB SMITES YOU ATORIAS!
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:27 pm

Srry I couldn't help broke everytime I got on u got offline
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:59 pm

Wolfof Phyrexia wrote:Srry I couldn't help broke everytime I got on u got offline

Wolf - no problem bro.I was having problems with my router and I finally got everything working.I saw Rudmed on and ask to him to lend an assist. No worries - I still have Manus and the Black Dragon to deal with on my SL315. I want to summon you and Rudmed to help out with those two monstrosities :shock: . I can't even imagine the damage they put out on NG+ - you see how Artorias took almost half my HP when I tried to be cute and catch him with souls spear. I won't be so daring with them.

Fun times all around!!
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:35 pm

Yea kalimeet isn't too bad n I dnt noe about manus so
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:21 pm

Hello guys!

I've had some video clips on my hard drive for a long time, and now that patch 1.05 forest hunting is history, i decided to make a video with some good ol' gank spanking. Oh flipping giants, how will I miss you. To distract you from the lack of epic parries and overwhelming skill, i tried to include some funny stuff and old school video game music in it. Enjoy happy

Spoiler:

Fun fact: Gankers are often ridiculously over confident, and they start to stubbornly rush you in the funniest situations. That's what the intro is really all about.
    argotthar
    argotthar
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by argotthar Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:59 am

Hello everybody,

As Forest Hunter addict can you please inform me how to join this wonderfull covenant "For the Glory of Alvina" happy
    I'm all new into this since I never joined users covenants so can you give me some info about how this works. Was trying to find info but I pretty much failed.

Thanks,
    Argo
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:45 pm

Rather than being a covenant, For the glory of Alvina is actually more like a fully kindled bonfire for all forest hunters to gather around and share hunting stories and tactics. If you are a forest hunter addict, i strongly recommend following this thread, there is an unbelievable amount of information and skill some of these guys have here.

If you are looking for a user made covenant, check out "men in tights".

Welcome, Argo!
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:04 pm

@Finpeku - excellent Mura work and your inventory management/swapping is exemplary Prostration . Oh the forest is such a wonderful place to gain PvP experience.

@Argotrhar - welcome forest brother.All you have to do is talk to the mother cat get the Cat Ring and your in like Flynn happy Finpeku is correct - many of the hunters on this board have been fighting the gank since the game first dropped. A lot of experience and mucho stories of defeating gankers. I haven't invaded the forest since the patch/DLC dropped but will get back there soon - ganking fighting is in my blood.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:26 pm

@Broke - Thank you Prostration

Like brokewilly, i haven't done much forest hunting lately. I tried it out yesterday though and unsurprisingly, with all the new magic there is even more magic spamming than before. I'm glad i have great magic barrier with my main hunter build. Some of the gankers were medium rolling, majority were fast rolling. I'm glad they have to sacrifice something. I'm still not 100% sure what to do with my build. I had some success in both, lower poise ninja flip setup, and higher poise fast roll setup. I might sacrifice the ability to stunlock, and change my precious murakumo to something else.

It will be interesting to see how the forest will turn out.
    argotthar
    argotthar
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by argotthar Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:32 pm

Excellent, then I stumbled to the right place, thank you very much.
    Regarding Forest Hunters, most of my PVP experience comes from there so no worries I can fit in, hopefully.
    Now make some room around that bonfire and let the ale and stories flow :-)
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:11 am

Hi I have done a little bit of Forrest hunting with my first toon ( since deleted ) he was sl240, I was about 70 - 30 successful in favour of the gankers. What's a good sl to forrest hunt ?
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:15 am

Any sl you want. Since the forest has no restrictions.
    Some people like upgrading their frest hunter to sl 360 IIRC, since it's the highest you can go without meeting horrible diminishing returns.
    I like invading at sl 120/80, since most of my builds at that sl are done.
    Some peoplealso like invading at even lower sl, mostly to troll the gankers and to not give them any souls.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:19 pm

FinPeku wrote:Some of the gankers were medium rolling, majority were fast rolling. I'm glad they have to sacrifice something. I'm still not 100% sure what to do with my build. I had some success in both, lower poise ninja flip setup, and higher poise fast roll setup. I might sacrifice the ability to stunlock, and change my precious murakumo to something else.

I'm kinda in the same boat regarding the armament to use in the forest. I will definitely be using a spear (DSS or Pike) as back-up but my main weapon is up in the air. If if I go with the Mura I will have to use a lighter spear which I have anticipated (probably a SKS or Enchanted Winged spear). Once I finally kill Manus and get pursuers - I will at least have stand-off capabilities so I don't get surrounded by the gank. I am looking forward to getting back to the forest.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:31 pm

Brokewilly wrote:I'm kinda in the same boat regarding the armament to use in the forest. I will definitely be using a spear (DSS or Pike) as back-up but my main weapon is up in the air. If if I go with the Mura I will have to use a lighter spear which I have anticipated (probably a SKS or Enchanted Winged spear). Once I finally kill Manus and get pursuers - I will at least have stand-off capabilities so I don't get surrounded by the gank. I am looking forward to getting back to the forest.

I ended up using zweihander and still ninja flipping. I have the option to change dwgr to bellowing dragoncrest, sun's firstborn or hornet ring. Zwei weighs a little less, stunlocks like crazy but is a bit slower. It will take some time to get used to. The damage with zwei + slb is insane lol

http://tinyurl.com/b38pm8x

Thorn gauntlets to cancel backstbabs. I hate how hollow soldier waistcloth looks, but with black leather armor, it's not so bad.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:15 pm

FinPeku wrote:

Thorn gauntlets to cancel backstbabs. I hate how hollow soldier waistcloth looks, but with black leather armor, it's not so bad.

@Finpeku - Does wearing any part of the Thorn armor allow you to cancel BSs or just the gauntlets?

White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:23 pm

Any piece does broke
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:34 am

Brokewilly wrote:
    FinPeku wrote:

@Finpeku - Does wearing any part of the Thorn armor allow you to cancel BSs or just the gauntlets?

Chest piece is the most consistent, but like wolf said, any part of the set has the potential.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:00 pm

Hehe cancelling backstabs all day with that set. backwards roll into an incoming BS silly

although I dont see how the chest piece would be any more consistent.... they all activate under the same conditions.
    argotthar
    argotthar
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by argotthar Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:35 pm

Hmmm, are you talking about canceling just when is about to happen or when is already happening, BS that is.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:46 pm

dancash1808 wrote:Although I dont see how the chest piece would be any more consistent.... they all activate under the same conditions.
    I think the chest piece cancels roll backstab attempts more often. But i don't have anything how to prove it, so i might be wrong happy In any case, thorn armor set has saved my *** many times.

argotthar wrote:Hmmm, are you talking about canceling just when is about to happen or when is already happening, BS that is.
    It's just like what always happens if the backstabber gets dealt damage right when he is about to backstab. The animation happens, but the backstab deals no damage.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:50 pm

What fin said, although I wish that mechanic was limited to being damaged by the person I am BS'ing. screw being bs cancelled by his buddy >.>

Ahh well if I can find the weight allowance post patch I will probably still run my old setup... oh and thorn legs are superior to hands if you have no real reason to use one over the other because they activate on conditions like falling on people or kicking them too.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:28 pm

Dan u need to go to the DS thread an confim I've earned my +3 corruption
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:01 pm

hey guys, so recently i have been doing nothing but hunt in the forest(probably the last two or three months) i have been having so much fun since the rest of pvp(duels, reg invasions etc.) just bores me.
    this is my str build http://tinyurl.com/awhg3dz i start off with the mace to make them think im gonna be an easy gank and draw them to me by running away then i switch to my dgm, turn around and press r1 three times and theyre dead, this is surprisingly effective even against people i have previously done this too. the mace is really good for stunlocking while unlocked since most people try to go for a strafe bs only to get a mace to the face and end up getting stunlocked, i also use the butcher knife, morningstar, msgs, pickaxe, greataxe and jagged/ghost blade.

my warrior build is this http://tinyurl.com/9tr26y3 i love the server, it looks badass and it performs as it looks, it pretty much a weaker version of the mura but not by much so thats no problem, i switch the rapier to the scimitar(cant spare weight for falchion and theyre pretty much the same thing) depending on the situation, i use the scimitart to break poise which is a freaking beast for, then i go in for the kill with my server. i forgot to mention that i always switch to the rtsr when in low vit and it has saved my *** so many times, i run away the r2 to the face when they chase me and i cant believe how many of them fall for it. i also use the scythe(reg one since its so freaking good) and the pike comes in somtimes instead of the server. yeah, thats pretty much it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:49 am