Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
FattyOfDoom
PwnasauresRex
Forum Pirate
N_Raist
CaligoIllioneus
Sloth9230
The Letter X
Ahhotep1
Rynn
GrinTwist
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
ThatPerson
Skarectum
TheMeInTeam
hageshisa
skarekrow13
RANT
robsthedon
argotthar
ROOSTER330
wolfboy
White Knight Wulf
Ghadis_God
DoughGuy
Uparkaam
FinPeku
cloudyeki
Quarik
Bamjam
SunlightCrusader
Spurgun
Rudmed
nsane32
dancash1808
Brokewilly
TehInfamousAmos
Tolvo
Emergence
reim0027
DarkW17
44 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 12 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:30 pm

Well, nice to see everyone midrolling now and that I never contaminated myself with that ring. I am what you may call strongwilled - I never have and never will touch that accursed DWGR. And patch hasn't hit for me - I could flip in full giants against people I vade if I want. I can still do all the **** Kappa
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:34 pm

Midrolling is viable if you are smart enough with it. Like carrying around a greatshield and mid rolling!
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:44 pm

Rudmed wrote:No we shall not be the ones to die! No, that job falls to our enemies the gankers (who I read somewhere are mid-rolling around!) We shall strike a blow on this day and many years from now. The gankers shall fear us and our mobility! Today victory is in our grasps let us go forward and slay them all!

Hear!Hear! - I'm about to see if I can get invaded at the top of Sen's right now with my SL84. Then I will check out the Ano and the forest tonight with my other toons. This is gonna be good!!

Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:56 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:Well, nice to see everyone midrolling now and that I never contaminated myself with that ring. I am what you may call strongwilled - I never have and never will touch that accursed DWGR. And patch hasn't hit for me - I could flip in full giants against people I vade if I want. I can still do all the **** Kappa

Infamous - your a god among men Prostration I'm not brave enough to try mid-rolling yet - I rather have speed than health big grin . You will have a definite advantage over most of these gankers so hopefully we will see some vids of you taking down herds of nerfed-out gankers big grin

Edit: I thought u meant u mid-rolled sorry about that. I've seen and fought some players who used mid-rolling very effectively. It kinda felt like being chased by Jason - no matter how fast you ran he always caught up with you. :shock:

Last edited by Brokewilly on Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:23 pm

I still will never mid roll or run DWGR so I will stick to my beloved fast roll Kappa.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:20 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:I still will never mid roll or run DWGR so I will stick to my beloved fast roll Kappa.
    Me neither. I can't stand the look of the mid-roll. Grew up on DeS, so that got ingrained into me. It is worth it to me to have a weaker build that fast rolls.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:45 pm

except it isnt weaker because the mid roll is so easy to hit them during with lots of weapons silly
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:48 pm

I can't wait to get into the forest and see how things are. Should be interesting.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:32 am

That day has finally dawned upon us in which the battlefield shall change. The pitter patter of platinum and flanged feet upon our sacred soils as white and gold ghosts dance without care comes to an end! They may cling to their fruitless efforts with blades planted in the backs of their predators. Oh should they worry and fear for their very mortal fibers with such wanting minds. Gankers be warned as this approaching morrow brings fortune to all by thy-selves. Tolvo will be returning to the Forest. The ground will once again grow fertile with the springs of crimson liquid that births life as it ends.

Spoiler:
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:44 am

Tolvo wrote:That day has finally dawned upon us in which the battlefield shall change. The pitter patter of platinum and flanged feet upon our sacred soils as white and gold ghosts dance without care comes to an end! They may cling to their fruitless efforts with blades planted in the backs of their predators. Oh should they worry and fear for their very mortal fibers with such wanting minds. Gankers be warned as this approaching morrow brings fortune to all by thy-selves. Tolvo will be returning to the Forest. The ground will once again grow fertile with the springs of crimson liquid that births life as it ends.

Spoiler:

*ejaculates*

M-Master! You're back!

I AM NOT BACK! I AM MAX! THE MAN IN TIGHTS!

*proceeds to find the whole forest singing this*

Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:34 am

Tolvo wrote:That day has finally dawned upon us in which the battlefield shall change. The pitter patter of platinum and flanged feet upon our sacred soils as white and gold ghosts dance without care comes to an end! They may cling to their fruitless efforts with blades planted in the backs of their predators. Oh should they worry and fear for their very mortal fibers with such wanting minds. Gankers be warned as this approaching morrow brings fortune to all by thy-selves. Tolvo will be returning to the Forest. The ground will once again grow fertile with the springs of crimson liquid that births life as it ends.

Spoiler:

The returning of Tolvo "The Gank Destroyer" - its been many moons brother. Yes - the forest will forever be changed now. Will be a bit before I can check things out in there - will be finishing up the DLC on two of toons then doing PVP like a mad-man.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:03 pm

Ok people - I think FROM has tweaked the invasion system a bit (i.e. made searching for hosts/sins faster) and also the BOG mechanics (or I didn't really know how it worked). So I take my SL315 DM into the Royal Woods just to do some recon (those freaking scarecrows and stone giants are a beast in NG+) and I get invaded by a SoV because I am in human form. Now I checked the BOG right after I moved into NG+ and was I was still listed as FH so I'm like cool I don't have any sins due to moving into a new game. So I do the joy dance and run down to fight the SoV (but remember I'm on recon so my poise is like 20 something and I have the RoF on). We go at it on the ledge right after the bridge leading into the woods and I'm getting beat down since he's using SLB. So I die and he falls off because he's spamming R1 like crazy so I get a SoR. I check the BoG and now its showing my DM with like 203 sins (in place of my previous role as FH) - I'm like what!!!. So the patch/DLC did something to the BOG allowing my DM to be listed instead of his previous job as FH. It appears an BoG update occured which overwrote the old entry with a new entry. So now I have to worry about being killed by a member of my own covenant! So then I decide to invade as SoV and bam!! - the invasion was immediate - the fastest I ever seen. I couldn't find the sinner but he got killed by something so I get a free SoR.

@Rudmed - I think you have a DM - have you tried to invade in the new content as of yet?
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:13 pm

Was the swing speed of curved greatswords nerfed? I'm worried about my precious murakumo. I still don't have the patch...
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:18 pm

They were not nerfed happy
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:22 pm

Excellent! My good ol' forest hunter build will be almost exactly as it was pre-patch.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:30 pm

Indeed, my AoV will be expedentially more powerful. SL49 + Pursuers,Dark Bead CSS etc; MUAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:37 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:Indeed, my AoV will be expedentially more powerful. SL49 + Pursuers,Dark Bead CSS etc; MUAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Yeah i know! I was just thinking about my spook build, and i'm starting to feel that with the new magic, it will be almost too easy and probably not as fun anymore! big grin We'll see how OP glass cannons turn out. I feel that in right hands they are already OP in regular invasions.

Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:00 pm

I was Darkmoon but I betrayed for Sunlight Blade. Anyways that doesn't matter. Broke if you have sins on that toon those sins will remain. DM can invade other DMs. Nothing radical or anything like that.

Anyways I got invaded by some random dude who tried to play it cool...like he was a boss....too bad he wasn't! Also I want that obsidan greatsword, any idea what part of the tail you have to cut?
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:09 am

Rudmed wrote:I was Darkmoon but I betrayed for Sunlight Blade. Anyways that doesn't matter. Broke if you have sins on that toon those sins will remain. DM can invade other DMs. Nothing radical or anything like that.

Anyways I got invaded by some random dude who tried to play it cool...like he was a boss....too bad he wasn't! Also I want that obsidan greatsword, any idea what part of the tail you have to cut?

@Rudmed bro u have got to come back into the fold of the Darkmoon Blade. I have been getting invaded (those sins from the hunter days I tell ya :shock: ) and invading right at the bridge into the Royal Woods. I have never seen DM invasions come so quick. I killing myself so I don't have to deal with invasion collisions. That bridge is a CHOKE POINT FOR EVERYONE - all that sin just pouring into the new areas. I'm going to do this for a couple of days - then I'm going plant my GL right there and start dropping EoDs right on the bridge. This is fantastic!!!
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:36 am

Well as soon as the small covenant war tournamnet is over and I clear throguh the dlc on my main then I will rush to rejoin the dms.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:13 am

First invasion after finally getting the patch... I invaded as a darkwraith. Looks like they haven't still fixed that glitch.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:40 am

Fellow brethren since I considered myself a Forest Darkmoon - I talked Alvina into opening a satellite office in the Royal Woods big grin . I've been having so much fun invading the guilty there - here is fresh vid of justice being served:

https://youtu.be/WiSJd_hdLQQ

Enjoy!
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:08 am

Ok people - what tactics r being used by the gank since the patch has dropped? i haven't invaded the forest as of yet because still need to obtain the dark magic spells and silver pendant in the new content. I have talked to one hunter so far and he is having alot of trouble dealing with the bangers now.

Any input would be appreciated.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:57 pm

Same old same old broke. They have shifted their armor so they can fast roll, but still running around circling for the back with the hornet's ring. I have recently discovered there is no wake-up animation for the hornet's ring and thus allows someone to be constantly backstabbed due to reduced invulnerability frames.

However, I seem to be having trouble. I seem to forget that using heavy weapons can be good and bad. For me it is bad because I get focused on one target, which becomes my downfall due to the fact there are many many targets against me. So any tips if you want to take the gank head-on? I think my main concern is the fact that I don't keep them both in front of me.

Edit: Was romping gankers tonight...I was right just gotta keep moving and keep an eye on both. Use the enviorment to my advantage.

I was fighting two gankers that were giving me grief because they just keep healing and I kept healing. Eventually they're hot on my trail and I swing around the bridge snap on to it and.........

They both round the turn too fast and plummet into the water. I was just thinking, "AWWWWWWW YEAHHHHH!" Then one of them sent me a message and called me a *****. I told him he was ganker, and I don't play by his rules. Then I found him fighting a red (and knowing he was a ganker) I jumped in and cut him down.

Also encountered an odd pair. I found a hacker with a regular player. The regular player was horrible, and when another spirt invaded the hacker went to find him (because I was by a ledge). The other player came at me and...well you know the story. So thats the 4th hacker in my survery so far the question is "Why do you hack?"
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:41 am

Rudmed wrote:Same old same old broke. They have shifted their armor so they can fast roll, but still running around circling for the back with the hornet's ring. I have recently discovered there is no wake-up animation for the hornet's ring and thus allows someone to be constantly backstabbed due to reduced invulnerability frames.

However, I seem to be having trouble. I seem to forget that using heavy weapons can be good and bad. For me it is bad because I get focused on one target, which becomes my downfall due to the fact there are many many targets against me. So any tips if you want to take the gank head-on? I think my main concern is the fact that I don't keep them both in front of me.

@Rudmed - good intel. I think I'm going to invade the forest today with DM. I will finally concentrate on obtaining all of the Dark magic including the silver pendant on my DM. Have you seen much dark magic used as of yet? I hosted a bit in the Township with my GL and got owned by dark magic (I didn't have the silver pendant as of yet sad ). I will report back with some intel on these ganking fools.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:59 pm