Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
FattyOfDoom
PwnasauresRex
Forum Pirate
N_Raist
CaligoIllioneus
Sloth9230
The Letter X
Ahhotep1
Rynn
GrinTwist
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
ThatPerson
Skarectum
TheMeInTeam
hageshisa
skarekrow13
RANT
robsthedon
argotthar
ROOSTER330
wolfboy
White Knight Wulf
Ghadis_God
DoughGuy
Uparkaam
FinPeku
cloudyeki
Quarik
Bamjam
SunlightCrusader
Spurgun
Rudmed
nsane32
dancash1808
Brokewilly
TehInfamousAmos
Tolvo
Emergence
reim0027
DarkW17
44 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 11 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by Rudmed Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:22 am

Alvina's ability to pair me up against gankers is lacking. I fought a ganker once last night and lost. I had the host so dead to rights (no possible way he could have survived 2156 damage Riposte) until i got backstabbed by a hornet's ring Murkamo with sunlight blade.

There is a reason why the hornet's ring is getting nerfed. That is probaly one of them. Also I have a question about how good the Lifehunt scythe is against gankers, and is it just me or does that thing have a higher than normal critical rating?
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:15 pm

Wolfof Phyrexia wrote:Hey broke as much as we duel it took long enough to jump in here and rud the p.dagger can wreck in off hand if used correctly ( just ask broke I ran p. Dagger for a bit and gave him a lot of trouble)

Oh yes - the P. dagger in the right hands can be used very effectively - Wolf ur a good model for a player who can use it effectively. Yeah - if you get too close with someone who has it - you could get bleed out quickly if your bleed resist is low. Plus I believe you can parry with the P. dagger right??
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:22 pm

Rudmed wrote:There is a reason why the hornet's ring is getting nerfed. That is probaly one of them. Also I have a question about how good the Lifehunt scythe is against gankers, and is it just me or does that thing have a higher than normal critical rating?

@Rudmed - the LH is deadly weapon. Wolf is a good person to talk to about the LH. If you watch my latest vid of duels Wolf in the moonput - he cut me to pieces with that weapon. I just try to keep my distance and watch out for the running attack and also that 2nd 2H R2 swing is a beast - very fast and does A LOT of damage. If you survive the 1st swing then the best defense is to fall back because that 2nd swing is coming.

Good times people, good times.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:24 pm

Rudmed wrote:Why haven't I found you Wolf? What drops bandit's knives again? The thieves in the lower burg right?

@Rudmed - if you can't hook up with Wolf - either my SL128 or SL315 has an extra one I give you. And yes the ninja hollows in the lower burg drops them.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:56 pm

I've got an extra to give if u need it
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:12 pm

I'm gonna try and farm to see if I can grab one (eventually). Broke how much life does Kempachi have? I was thinking about dropping my RoFaP ring to see if I could get more vareity.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:41 am

Rudmed wrote:I'm gonna try and farm to see if I can grab one (eventually). Broke how much life does Kempachi have? I was thinking about dropping my RoFaP ring to see if I could get more vareity.

Kempachi has 1800 HP with the RFaP - I have spare RFaPs just in case I want to use another ring configuration temporarily. The flexibility of not using the RFaP is good at times but since I have to deal with bangs more with my DM I like having the additional HP (encumbrance and stamina too) the ring offers. I don't use the ring on my other toons though.

Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:57 pm

Hmmm. Well if I want to wear heavy armor then I may just adapt to medium rolling (for 1v1....I would get slaughtered against a bang). Also I conducted an experiment. I summoned a ganker as a phantom and let him fight on his own. My hypothesis was that he would turn and run to me begging for help.

Well it was interesting to say the least. The ganker won about 10 matches in a row solo (granted full giants, flip ring, MoM, hornets, etc). Now of course his primary stratgey was to circle for the backstab and get an insta-kill. I can see why gankers have to have a buddy. In a 1v1 situation (if you are smart enough. Unforuntely these people were not) that stratgey is easily countered, but in a 2v1 it is hard to monitor both of these individuals. However all good things come to an end and that ganker got chainstabbed to death, and the guy turned on me (he died quickly at that point).
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:58 pm

@Rudmed - I suggest spending a few minutes playing around mugen to obtain the best weapons/armor load-out with and without the RFaP. I have pre-DLC and post-DLC configurations for all three of my toons. Sadly, Kempachi will have to put the old Mura in storage for a bit since I cannot get a post-DLC armor configuration that gives me at least 53 poise, carry the Mura and be able to fast roll sad . I will keep looking at different options though.

Most of the time when I'm hosting in the forest I don't summon phantoms for that exact reason - most cannot fight 1v1s. When I do summon a white/yellow I immediately send them a pre-canned message stating NO BANGING even if I'm getting my butt beat down - some listen some don't. I even had one white watch me get banged - I guess he got pissed when I told him no banging. Usually its more trouble than its worth summoning unknown phantoms to watch my six - I rather just deal with the bangs. I have summoned a 2-3 quality phantoms who were able to hold their own and did not enjoy banging which was very refreshing.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:58 pm

All my new builds are without RoFaP. I aim for about 1500 health for 120 or 1325 for level 80.

Have you tried Havel's + RoFaP? Slap on some Catarina, Giants, Black Iron, and such. They can complain about me in full giants all they want, but I march to my own drum. Don't like it? Too bad, but atleast I don't flip.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:26 pm

Rudmed wrote:All my new builds are without RoFaP. I aim for about 1500 health for 120 or 1325 for level 80. Have you tried Havel's + RoFaP? Slap on some Catarina, Giants, Black Iron, and such. They can complain about me in full giants all they want, but I march to my own drum. Don't like it? Too bad, but atleast I don't flip.

Yeah-the 1500 HP mark is good standard.Oh yes - I have all of the encumbrance buff (rings and masks) combinations factored in so I'm good to go. Right now I'm running either Black Iron or Elite Knight across my toons but when I need to fast roll with a minimum 53 Poise I use Sage, Tattered,Wanderer's,Chain or Elite Knight depending on the situation. I will be fast rolling post-DLC so lighter armors + Wolf will be used majority of the time. I will say we may see an increase of flipping bare-chested Zwei's fishing for a BS after the DLC drops lol

Good times people, good times.
    wolfboy
    Regular
    Regular

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 11 Empty forest etiquitte?

Post by wolfboy Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:44 am

When I invade and there is already another catbro dueling with the host what is the appropriate protocol?

I usually stand and watch for a few seconds and run in to help when it looks like my fellow hunter is in trouble... but some people get pissed when I run in to help...

I understand that a lot of players pride themselves on having "honor"... there's nothing wrong with fighting "honorably"...

Aren't us forest hunters supposed to help each other out? Why do they just stand there and watch me get killed?
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:18 am

Brokewilly wrote:@Rudmed - I suggest spending a few minutes playing around mugen to obtain the best weapons/armor load-out with and without the RFaP. I have pre-DLC and post-DLC configurations for all three of my toons. Sadly, Kempachi will have to put the old Mura in storage for a bit since I cannot get a post-DLC armor configuration that gives me at least 53 poise, carry the Mura and be able to fast roll sad . I will keep looking at different options though.

Most of the time when I'm hosting in the forest I don't summon phantoms for that exact reason - most cannot fight 1v1s. When I do summon a white/yellow I immediately send them a pre-canned message stating NO BANGING even if I'm getting my butt beat down - some listen some don't. I even had one white watch me get banged - I guess he got pissed when I told him no banging. Usually its more trouble than its worth summoning unknown phantoms to watch my six - I rather just deal with the bangs. I have summoned a 2-3 quality phantoms who were able to hold their own and did not enjoy banging which was very refreshing.

Give me his stats and a few minutes - I will find and Optimal setup for you.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:31 am

wolf - I jump in and fight. From my experience, most of the hosts (by far) will gang up on you with their phantoms. So, even if you only see the host, you don't know if they: just had their ganking buddies killed, will summon their buddies back, or even have a hiding phantom to BS you.

If I'm fighting a host, I'd be upset if a fellow catbro doesn't help. That is why you are there.

Red phantoms? Can go either way.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:38 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:
    Give me his stats and a few minutes - I will find and Optimal setup for you.

@Infamous - will do as soon as I get home I will send you my stats. You are wizard at this so I am curious on what you can come up with.

@wolfboy - Welcome to the resistance!! I try to play each invasion by ear. I usually don't straight out attack a lone host fighting a blue/red in the forest - if I do its because the host is cheating (glitching), chain BS, healing, etc. If it appears to be a straight-up 1v1 I'm witnessing then I will sit back and watch - I want to give the invader a chance to take the host down and get a good duel in. The forest is so chaotic you just have to try to understand what is going as fast as possible. Just try to use good judgement. Now if a host panics and tries to summon a phantom while fighting the 1v1 when I invade - I will attack. You want to try to prevent the situation from getting worse.
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:27 am

If this Cov is still active....

I Officially invite this Covenant to the Small Cov Tournament/War! Help promote your Cov and join this event! SL for this Tournament is 99, Starts Nov 9th. Read the Opening Post for more details!

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t12452-small-cov-s-unite-for-tournament-war
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:23 am

Brokewilly wrote: Sadly, Kempachi will have to put the old Mura in storage for a bit since I cannot get a post-DLC armor configuration that gives me at least 53 poise, carry the Mura and be able to fast roll sad . I will keep looking at different options though.
    53 Poise breakpoint is going to be useless come DLC, as Greatswords will lose their stunlocking power. Try for 36, the breakpoint for 2h spears, kats, and polearms. Or 43, the ability to take two one handed swings from any of the above weapons.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:53 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:
    Brokewilly wrote: Sadly, Kempachi will have to put the old Mura in storage for a bit since I cannot get a post-DLC armor configuration that gives me at least 53 poise, carry the Mura and be able to fast roll sad . I will keep looking at different options though.
    53 Poise breakpoint is going to be useless come DLC, as Greatswords will lose their stunlocking power. Try for 36, the breakpoint for 2h spears, kats, and polearms. Or 43, the ability to take two one handed swings from any of the above weapons.

@Ghadis - that's right - I had heard about that. Now obtaining 36 or 43 poise is achievable with no problem. Thanks for reminding old Broke.

5 days and a wake-up (at least for me) til the DLC drops.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:23 pm

So, 43 is the new 53? Got it.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:31 pm

I've dueled with the mura now....I love it. That weapon is amazing, and the moveset is solid. Now if only the swings weren't as slow.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:48 pm

Rudmed wrote:I've dueled with the mura now....I love it. That weapon is amazing, and the moveset is solid. Now if only the swings weren't as slow.

Good to see you have taken a liking to the Cutter of Grass (a.k.a Mura). Just remember to swing early and you will be okay.Practice fighting unlocked and you will get some wicked dead-angles.

Can everyone say double riposte!!! Here is a vid of two hunters (one of them I have fought with and against he is a beast Prostration - he is the one who made the vid) getting one on a ganker - a sight to behold:

https://youtu.be/41r7lFLNrU8

For the glory of Alvina!!
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:50 pm

.....damn. All I got to say about that!
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:26 am

Yeah, Mura rocks. Great run R1 (important in the forest), dead angling, and hits like a effing beast. And, that is before you go all banana and yellow it up. Once that is done, any sane person will run away screaming!
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:40 am

Well my allies and forest brethren - I just logged in to XLN and saw the patch notification (I guess v1.6). I need to check all of my toons so I did not apply the patch but will shortly and so it begins. I hope everyone is prepared for the seismic shift that is about to occur.

For the glory of Alvina - we are all prepared to die!!
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:28 pm

No we shall not be the ones to die! No, that job falls to our enemies the gankers (who I read somewhere are mid-rolling around!) We shall strike a blow on this day and many years from now. The gankers shall fear us and our mobility! Today victory is in our grasps let us go forward and slay them all!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 5:42 am