Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
FattyOfDoom
PwnasauresRex
Forum Pirate
N_Raist
CaligoIllioneus
Sloth9230
The Letter X
Ahhotep1
Rynn
GrinTwist
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
ThatPerson
Skarectum
TheMeInTeam
hageshisa
skarekrow13
RANT
robsthedon
argotthar
ROOSTER330
wolfboy
White Knight Wulf
Ghadis_God
DoughGuy
Uparkaam
FinPeku
cloudyeki
Quarik
Bamjam
SunlightCrusader
Spurgun
Rudmed
nsane32
dancash1808
Brokewilly
TehInfamousAmos
Tolvo
Emergence
reim0027
DarkW17
44 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

reim0027
    reim0027

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 7 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by reim0027 Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:18 pm

FinPeku wrote:
    reim0027 wrote:
    FinPeku wrote:By the lords. I just encountered the worst gank threesome... All three have dragonslayer spears, at least two use wog, one has css. All have a ton of poise of course. I'm having some serious trouble figuring out what to do.

I've now fought them twice, and i almost got the host once. He ran into my chaos storm and i got a backstab soon after that. But then i got stunlocked and wogged sad
    What's your setup?
    I'm using this build currently.
    Which build is that again?
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:05 pm

Lol, what the heck happened to the link? Here it is http://tinyurl.com/99feaxw (i hope)

Edit. Mura is regular +15 of course. not lightning
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:27 pm

FinPeku wrote:Lol, what the heck happened to the link? Here it is http://tinyurl.com/99feaxw (i hope)

Edit. Mura is regular +15 of course. not lightning

@Fin - nice set-up I'm running something similar on my SL315.I know u have had a lot of success with that build-out. cheers
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:45 pm

Yeah i like it. It's so nice to have that one ring slot open. I change between cloranthy, bellowing dragocrest and hornet usually.

I've had some success with it, but some epic fails too. Like recently when i won 3 ganks in a row and then got completely humiliated in a duel lol

And i STILL sometimes fall off from those ledges!
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:01 am

FinPeku wrote:Yeah i like it. It's so nice to have that one ring slot open. I change between cloranthy, bellowing dragocrest and hornet usually.

I've had some success with it, but some epic fails too. Like recently when i won 3 ganks in a row and then got completely humiliated in a duel lol

And i STILL sometimes fall off from those ledges!

HAHHAH - those cliffs I tell u.I had an epic 2v1 with gankers and loving it til I fell of the cliff.I'm still going to put the fight in my next vid. I faithfully use the cloranthy on my other two toons - the CR keeps your stamina high enough to be able to deal with most ganks/bangs.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:25 am

Great night in the forest people - a few bangs, honorable duels and all-out fights for my life lol I wouldn't wish it to be any other way. All of the fights in this vid are from last night I think - I had so much fun since the sinners were so plentiful.

https://youtu.be/8MO8Y7ghlcc

Alvina loves to see the guilty pay the price!!

Enjoy.

reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:36 pm

Spears make it tough, especially since there were 3 of them. Karmic justice might be good here (replace Force). Running R1 can be surprising. Then, there is always death by environment.

Part of the fun is figuring out how to deal with these gankers. But, the good gankers always adapt. Especially at your SL. They tend to be pretty good.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:38 pm

0.0 I have found the quality of gankers tends to peak at around 180-200 and then drops off.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:41 pm

Brokewilly wrote:Great night in the forest people - a few bangs, honorable duels and all-out fights for my life lol I wouldn't wish it to be any other way. All of the fights in this vid are from last night I think - I had so much fun since the sinners were so plentiful.

https://youtu.be/8MO8Y7ghlcc

Alvina loves to see the guilty pay the price!!

Enjoy.

I haven't watched all the way through yet, but I only noticed a few major mistakes. First, against the ganking duo with the MLGS and Artorias, you evaded backwards to avoid the MLGS special and got hit every time. Second, you healed at a time where you didn't really need it with your back exposed, and got BS'ed. I won't be judgemental about the blessings, because while they are unfair at least they turn the tables somewhat closer to balanced. I personally don't use them, but that's more because I don't want to become reliant on them or go to the trouble of getting them all than because I take issue with the "honor" of it.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:01 pm

dancash1808 wrote:0.0 I have found the quality of gankers tends to peak at around 180-200 and then drops off.
    When I'm hunting with my 380, they are pretty good. They almost never ger separated from each other, are good at setting you up, have a variety of backup plans, and are really good at counter BS. Also, many of them have cleared the forest.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:20 pm

Thanks for the tips Reim. I honestly didn't even think about karmic justice. And yes, it is part of the fun trying to figure out what to do. I sometimes get hatemail saying that i'm a coward. Maybe because i have no problem running away to heal if my health gets low or to change equipment and rings etc.

There are much more dedicated gankers at higher levels. But there are also many dedicated forest hunters at these levels, which is nice.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:16 pm

Again, if you're an FH, and unless you're going by the amount of souls you're getting when you kill someone, SL is irrelevant. I'm 270 and invade people at SL's 1-712.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:49 pm

I like to check the level of the people i invade and usually they are about the same as me. If not, they are usually much higher. I rarely invade lower SL players.

I use this to check the level: https://sites.google.com/site/darksoulstats/dark-souls-calculators/mini-calcs
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:59 pm

Quarik wrote:

I haven't watched all the way through yet, but I only noticed a few major mistakes. First, against the ganking duo with the MLGS and Artorias, you evaded backwards to avoid the MLGS special and got hit every time. Second, you healed at a time where you didn't really need it with your back exposed, and got BS'ed. I won't be judgemental about the blessings, because while they are unfair at least they turn the tables somewhat closer to balanced. I personally don't use them, but that's more because I don't want to become reliant on them or go to the trouble of getting them all than because I take issue with the "honor" of it.

Yeah - I know I was popping DBs at some very bad times. I was also getting caught with those MLGS blasts on the regular - I can usually dodge them with no problem but last night it just wasn't working out for me. In regards to the DBs - I only use when I'm either being ganked or I need to heal quickly if another invaders interferes with a 1v1 (I then back off of course). I got so much hate mail last night it was ridiculous - I mean these campers were either banging, glitching or estus abusers. They totally forget about their own transgressions and expect an invader to fight gimped - oh well the sharp edge of my Mura is always my answer.

Good times people, good times.

Last edited by Brokewilly on Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:07 pm

FinPeku wrote:Thanks for the tips Reim. I honestly didn't even think about karmic justice. And yes, it is part of the fun trying to figure out what to do. I sometimes get hatemail saying that i'm a coward. Maybe because i have no problem running away to heal if my health gets low or to change equipment and rings etc.

There are much more dedicated gankers at higher levels. But there are also many dedicated forest hunters at these levels, which is nice.

Yeah it's some good gankers at higher levels and then it those who rely to heavily their opponent being outnumbered so its R1 city. There are some skilled FH at high levels so that kinda balances things out a bit. Reim thanks for reminding me about Karmic - I just saw a low level Pvp vid were a invader was using Karmic like a boss (he was killing 2-3 opponents at a time since he was using the dusk crown). I also found out if your opponent continues to attack your body as it fades Karmic can still detonate twisted . I am going to attune KJ so I can play with it a bit.

Here is the Karmic vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB9cTMCyzwM

reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:53 pm

Hahahahaha! Gankers calling you cheap? Victory for you Broke. Nicely done. Nothing cheap about spamming DBs in the forest either. The host can instantly heal his phantom, why shouldn't you? You are outnumbered and outgunned. Usually the hosts and phantoms have DBs either. Not cheap, IMO.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:35 pm

@Reim - thanks bro.It feels good giving the gank back as much as it gives. I never will understand the mindset of some these players.

Well folks my SL128 and SL315 are officially prepared for the DLC.I just finished up some minor housekeeping (finally got a Enchanted +5 Claymore for my DM cheers ) on each toon so I'm 100% ready to go.My SL84 probably won't be going into the DLC for long awhile since his purpose is to curse the heck out of everything before Sen's and later Ano twisted .From here on out just alot of PvP to stay sharp.

Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:56 pm

Well people I have come to the realization that all of the many hours of invading the forest has affected how I act (and feel) when I invade other areas of the game. The brutality of the forest has been burned into my brain to such an extent that I am starting to feel bad when I invade and kill players in other areas of the game who are clearly not prepared for an invader. I did a few invasions of Dukes and Light Ano and boy some of these hosts are walking around with not a care in the world. It got so bad I went back to invading the forest just to make myself feel better and as usual I got banged like 4-5 times in a row but strangly I felt all is now right with the world. Man I may have to go in for some counseling LOL.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:16 pm

Maybe you should kill until all your worries go away! thats what I do and I have a perfectly healthy outlook >.>....
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:39 pm

Yay! I finally landed it! CMW, PW, HR, RTSR Murakumo riposte. Oooohh, the damage!
    ...Now I need to somehow use the dragon roar with that. And the trident buff.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:01 pm

Don't need to add those. That above combo should be a OHK for anybody.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:52 pm

Well. Anyone without mods.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:14 am

Again I've been testing our fellow hunters' mettle and I feel both relief and horror at some of them. Relief that a decent few were willing to stand by and take turns in 1v1s, and horror at both the stupidity and the builds.

For one, why would you use chameleon to hide WHEN YOU'RE OUT IN THE OPEN FIELD. I get that he was trying to hide his casts, but he didn't even try to use CSS from the fake tree, he used HCSM. Prostration 2nd to that was the PW'd hunter who had used an Ascended flame and just casted from a distance. 1 poison arrow and he was dead.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:49 pm

cloudyeki wrote:Again I've been testing our fellow hunters' mettle and I feel both relief and horror at some of them. Relief that a decent few were willing to stand by and take turns in 1v1s, and horror at both the stupidity and the builds.

For one, why would you use chameleon to hide WHEN YOU'RE OUT IN THE OPEN FIELD. I get that he was trying to hide his casts, but he didn't even try to use CSS from the fake tree, he used HCSM. Prostration 2nd to that was the PW'd hunter who had used an Ascended flame and just casted from a distance. 1 poison arrow and he was dead.

Yeah - some of the hunters in ye old forest still have to learn some hard lessons. I am always shocked when I encounter either a invader or host who has a low-poise set-up. Having at least 53 poise is essential in the forest in my opinion (unless you can evade like a mutha and/or a BS/riposte master for OHK).

I will say that chameleon + CSS trick got me the first time I encountered it but I know the score now cheers

Jolly good times!
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:14 pm

Heh, I currently run 53. I would like to be able to drop it down to kat threshold but I'm still getting caught by greatswords on a bad day... (although maybe it has something to do with switching to an UGS recently who knows. )
    Poise isnt really an option normally unless its one lucky save. no amount of poise will stop you being staggered by 2 BKGA's at once.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:02 pm