Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
Spurgun
CaptanSpudsy
callipygias
omega Elf
Yukon
Ghadis_God
Jansports
WarriorOfBenOwnage
Rifter7
Glutebrah
goober0331
RANT
Knight Alundil
zzombieboy
IceIfrit666
Buggy Virus
20 posters

Buffs weren't intended for competitive PvP

Bcc17
    Bcc17
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Buffs weren't intended for competitive PvP - Page 4 Empty Re: Buffs weren't intended for competitive PvP

Post by Bcc17 Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:39 pm

zzombieboy wrote:
    Tolvo wrote:Areas added with a main focus on PvE, to my understanding two or three. Areas added with the main intent of PvP, 1. Areas in the original game with the intent of PvE, all of them. Areas in the game with the focus being PvP, possibl two, if you consider Dark Anor Londo, and Painted World.

What the heck do areas matter? What were they supposed to add as new content? Loading screens? Areas equally benefit Pve and PvP. Look at what they fixed/nerfed, and honestly tell me that you think most of the significant changes were mainly for PvE.

I can't OHKO backstab forest NPCs anymore, so there's that...
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Buffs weren't intended for competitive PvP - Page 4 Empty Re: Buffs weren't intended for competitive PvP

Post by Tolvo Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:39 pm

They make PvE more difficult, and also change PvP. I can't really say if they were intended for PvP other than the
    Spoiler:
    changes, because that one wouldn't change PvE much at all. So that one I think is all PvP. The rest though strike me as just making the game generally more difficult, which I agree with because in its current state its just too easy to
    Spoiler:

So, I still disagree.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:40 pm

zzombieboy wrote:
    BaalDS wrote:Keep this thread on topic or it will be locked.

95% of this thread hasn't been on topic. You may as well lock it (and 70% of the other threads on here).

Actually most of us were actually discussing buffs. . .

We can only try Prayer

But I'm going to try and get a video up that crunches numbers and shows off buffs a bit more to get a little more info. Or even if there is no video, get some concrete numbers.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:40 pm

Blaine's thread on Catalysts might help, I think in the resources thread there is one for SLB, and one for DMB.
    zzombieboy
    zzombieboy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by zzombieboy Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:41 pm

Knight Alundil wrote:
    Knight Alundil wrote:
    zzombieboy wrote:Rather than attempting sarcasm, how about you actually consider a valid point(s)?

Okay I admit I didnt even read it. As soon as you said "Caps will help" I lost interest. You can't fault me at all for that though that's your reasoning capabilities.

Ok I read it and if you actually look back at all the posts i've made you'll see why what you said has no relation to any point I made. It's only relevant to what other people said. I have said nothing of PvE and PvP. I'm talking about the game as a whole. Any debate down that road I have not been involved in happy

So y'know... maybe read properly before you insult people about not being able to read big grin

My posts (previous to your quoted one) weren't actually directed at you. So, you know...learn to read before you accuse others of not being able to read before they accuse others of not being able to read.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:42 pm

zzombieboy wrote:
    Knight Alundil wrote:
    Knight Alundil wrote:
    zzombieboy wrote:Rather than attempting sarcasm, how about you actually consider a valid point(s)?

Okay I admit I didnt even read it. As soon as you said "Caps will help" I lost interest. You can't fault me at all for that though that's your reasoning capabilities.

Ok I read it and if you actually look back at all the posts i've made you'll see why what you said has no relation to any point I made. It's only relevant to what other people said. I have said nothing of PvE and PvP. I'm talking about the game as a whole. Any debate down that road I have not been involved in happy

So y'know... maybe read properly before you insult people about not being able to read big grin

My posts (previous to your quoted one) weren't actually directed at you. So, you know...learn to read before you accuse others of not being able to read before they accuse others of not being able to read.

Ok this is my last post to you bud.

You're right. Your posts weren't directed at me. Then you were a **** so i called you on it.
    zzombieboy
    zzombieboy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by zzombieboy Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:45 pm

Knight Alundil wrote:
    zzombieboy wrote:
    Knight Alundil wrote:
    Knight Alundil wrote:

You're right. Your posts weren't directed at me. Then you were a **** so i called you on it.

Which actually makes you a **** (just saying).

Correct me if I'm wrong Buggy, but wasn't the OP concerned with discussing whether buffs were intended for PvP or PvE, not whether they were OP or not? Because that would actually make the majority of posts off-topic.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:45 pm

Tolvo wrote:Blaine's thread on Catalysts might help, I think in the resources thread there is one for SLB, and one for DMB.

Looked through the DMB thread, but it doesn't really track total damage with split and other stuff I am looking for like cast time.

You know who knows, whoever runs Mugen. I suspect he actually knows the real damage algorithms.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:47 pm

zzombieboy wrote:
    Knight Alundil wrote:
    zzombieboy wrote:
    Knight Alundil wrote:
    Knight Alundil wrote:

Which actually makes you a **** (just saying).

Correct me if I'm wrong Buggy, but wasn't the OP concerned with discussing whether buffs were intended for PvP or PvE, not whether they were OP or not? Because that would actually make the majority of posts off-topic.

It was more putting forth the fact that they are unbalanced for the current player intended purpose of using them within duels, and seemed to be a tool that was meant to be used with greater utility in PvE or PvP invasions.

So kind of, but it is kind of a broad topic at the same time.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:47 pm

Well he has posted on the site before, and you can email him through Mugen I think and ask him. I'm pretty sure Blaine himself knows too, but he's like a ghost drifting in and out.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:48 pm

I answered your questions and you brought up all the other stuff that had nothing to do with the questions you asked, plus you make this childish all caps crap which was pretty funny btw. And you ignore my answered and insult most of the people I the forum lol good job dude, I should've done what calli did and just give up on you a while ago, have a good night.
    zzombieboy
    zzombieboy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by zzombieboy Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:50 pm

RantFromRant wrote:I answered your questions and you brought up all the other stuff that had nothing to do with the questions you asked, plus you make this childish all caps crap which was pretty funny btw. And you ignore my answered and insult most of the people I the forum lol good job dude, I should've done what calli did and just give up on you a while ago, have a good night.

You forum Bro's (or should I say fan-boys) need to stick together, right? God forbid someone should actually make a valid point that you can't just copy-pasta a reply to.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:51 pm

zzombieboy wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:I answered your questions and you brought up all the other stuff that had nothing to do with the questions you asked, plus you make this childish all caps crap which was pretty funny btw. And you ignore my answered and insult most of the people I the forum lol good job dude, I should've done what calli did and just give up on you a while ago, have a good night.

You forum Bro's (or should I say fan-boys) need to stick together, right? God forbid someone should actually make a valid point that you can't just copy-pasta a reply to.

Hey man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cR2_FX3poA
    Bcc17
    Bcc17
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bcc17 Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:53 pm

Knight Alundil wrote:
    zzombieboy wrote:

Hey man

Oh my God YES!

I love you man.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:54 pm

While a catchy song, that was quite unnecessary.
    zzombieboy
    zzombieboy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by zzombieboy Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:54 pm

Knight Alundil wrote:
    zzombieboy wrote:

Hey man

I'm totally impressed. Such originality.

RantFromRant - You didn't actually reply to my reply, so stfu.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:54 pm

Tolvo wrote:Well he has posted on the site before, and you can email him through Mugen I think and ask him. I'm pretty sure Blaine himself knows too, but he's like a ghost drifting in and out.

He's so. . .

Mysterious. . .

Buffs weren't intended for competitive PvP - Page 4 B13
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:55 pm

zzombieboy wrote:
    Knight Alundil wrote:
    zzombieboy wrote:

Hey man

I'm totally impressed. Such originality.

RantFromRant - You didn't actually reply to my reply, so stfu.

*Does the originality dance*
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:56 pm

I just think it's more so Blaine has lost interest in the game. He's played it a lot and cataloged so much, he's only human. I know I can't be entertained by any one thing that long haha.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:58 pm

Tolvo wrote:I just think it's more so Blaine has lost interest in the game. He's played it a lot and cataloged so much, he's only human. I know I can't be entertained by any one thing that long haha.

I'm feeling the same way lately as well, I'm barely playing till DLC, and after that I probably won't stick around super long. A man can only take so much Dark Souls.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:59 pm

I'm not playing till the DLC either, also Blaine is actually in the Borderlands 2 thread right now, so messaging him might get his attention.
    zzombieboy
    zzombieboy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by zzombieboy Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:01 pm

Look, more off-topic posts. I bet you won't complain about those.
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:02 pm

Flaming and trolling are not allowed in the forums.

This thread has been locked.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:00 pm