Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
BLA1NE
Anonymous Proxy
kazumoshi
lordgodofhell
RANT
Juutas
Fotitudo
ZikoLogiKa NL
cloudyeki
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
WyrmHero
Jester's Tears
Shkar
Frostacar
FruitPunchNinja
fujiphoenix
Bcc17
BIG TIME MASTER
IV_Mark_VI
23 posters

What weapons would you like removed from Dark Souls?

fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

What weapons would you like removed from Dark Souls? - Page 2 Empty Re: What weapons would you like removed from Dark Souls?

Post by fujiphoenix Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:20 pm

WyrmHero wrote:
    fujiphoenix wrote:Well, if we were going realistic, then any large weapon, such as a halberd, great axe, greatsword, ultra greatsword, or great hammer should not be able to be one handed. Most of those wouldn't even be wieldable with two hands.

Why the Str weapons hate?

I said nothing about hating them. I use str weapons almost exclusively. But I was just responding to the OP about realism.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

What weapons would you like removed from Dark Souls? - Page 2 Empty Re: What weapons would you like removed from Dark Souls?

Post by IV_Mark_VI Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:35 pm

I don't disagree that it's a good weapon, in game. I just think it's a silly weapon.

Peasants used them in revolts, and died horribly.

In real warfare, scythes were modified; they didn't look anything like the Scythes they use in game. Basically, they removed the blade, and changed it to an actual weapon.

Sickle would likely do more damage in a fight than the Scythe.

Comment about 'realism' replied to.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:47 pm

ZikoLogiKa NL wrote:I would like to see poking behind a shield with a spear or rapier removed

Don't REMOVE the poking behind a shield. Rather just fix it.

Poking whit a Shield up should take ALOT of stamina to do. Not just is the Spear heavy but the shield is to and having both raised at the same time isen't easy.

Rapiers dosen't really mater because of their small range.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:52 pm

Spears. Nuf said.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:49 pm

Why would you have there be less weapons? I want MORE weapons not less!!!
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:09 pm

Why are we comparing a Video Game to Real Wars?
    silly
    kazumoshi
    kazumoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by kazumoshi Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:54 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:Really wyrm? the bss has basically the same dmg as every other straight sword, it just has a better move set. I do wish there was a straight sword that scaled in str like it scales in dex.

This. So much this.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:26 am

*** with Leo ring is freaking op, it has less stat requirements as the longsword (same moveset) and a lot better scaling. I've seen people do about 1k damage with only Leo ring and no buff.
    Anonymous Proxy
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anonymous Proxy Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:40 am

I want any weapon that does the Double overhead smash backstab removed. Obviously they're in the game for high backstab damage or riposte. Because nobody in their right mind literally wields The BKGS as a personal weapon.

I'm a user of the GKGA, but I often switch to my Chaos Rapier+5 for "special" attacks.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:46 am

Pretty much all I know from medieval warfare comes from Pillars of the Earth! But from what I gathered of that book, swords were expensive, hard to come by, and not all that over-powered a weapon. Pretty much anything you could get your hands on that was remotely sharp and durable could make a decent weapon--especially if it had range. That would make the scythe a supreme weapon in those times! So as far as I know and am concerned, the scythe is definitely not overpowered in Dark Souls.

As for removing weapons... Maybe the throwing knives? They're so useless. The poison ones have some minimal use, but the vanilla ones are useless. If they'd at least have some sort of poise-breaking abilities, or stun-locking, so they could be used in combos, they'd be useful. But as it is, I can't think of a purpose for them.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:12 am

Only thing I use vanilla throwing knives are for pulling enemies, when I don't want to equip a crossbow due to weight.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:25 am

BLA1NE wrote:Pretty much all I know from medieval warfare comes from Pillars of the Earth! But from what I gathered of that book, swords were expensive, hard to come by, and not all that over-powered a weapon. Pretty much anything you could get your hands on that was remotely sharp and durable could make a decent weapon--especially if it had range. That would make the scythe a supreme weapon in those times! So as far as I know and am concerned, the scythe is definitely not overpowered in Dark Souls.

As for removing weapons... Maybe the throwing knives? They're so useless. The poison ones have some minimal use, but the vanilla ones are useless. If they'd at least have some sort of poise-breaking abilities, or stun-locking, so they could be used in combos, they'd be useful. But as it is, I can't think of a purpose for them.

In fact they are useful, people doing a dashing attack will get headshotted by them, same when casting most spells resulting in a large stagger allowing you to punish with a backstab.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:36 am

@RantFromRant: what weapon is OP with the Leo Ring? BSS? All I see are stars.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:31 pm

@Amos

You get a headshot with throwing knives when people are casting? In both situations, actually, I'd rather dodge or use another counter attack than a knife, because if you don't get the headshot then your knife left you in a very bad spot...
    DancingFood
    DancingFood

Post by DancingFood Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:53 pm

BLA1NE wrote:Pretty much all I know from medieval warfare comes from Pillars of the Earth! But from what I gathered of that book, swords were expensive, hard to come by, and not all that over-powered a weapon. Pretty much anything you could get your hands on that was remotely sharp and durable could make a decent weapon--especially if it had range.

This is true, most vikings used spears and axes, for example.
    Swords were for the nobels and passed from father to son.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:45 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:Exactly as the topic says.

I love Dark Souls take on combat, I really do. But some weapons just irk me, because I think how ridiculous they are and how ineffective they are. For their uptake on Medieval combat, they've done quite well, but some weapons, to me, just don't fit at all.

Example: Large Scythe. What a goofy weapon. Give me a link to people using this exact weapon in combat (not modified, not taking the blade off and making it into a different weapon) and I'll retract. But this weapon would be so bad to actually fight with.

I exlcusivly use the greast scythe and to good effect. Its moveset is amazing for all scenarios.
    Anonymous Proxy
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anonymous Proxy Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:32 am

Broken Hilt. It is way too overpowered. I got ganked awhile ago by a player who was using it. He DMB'd it, and BAM backstabbed me... after 8 more tries, he finally got me down!
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:33 am

IV_Mark_VI wrote:@RantFromRant: what weapon is OP with the Leo Ring? BSS? All I see are stars.

Bss, damn you auto correct.
    Phantasmio
    Phantasmio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Phantasmio Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:40 am

I wouldn't remove anything. Dark Souls is lovely the way it is <3 maybe change katanas a bit, but that's all I could ask for!
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:12 am

Phantasmio wrote:I wouldn't remove anything. Dark Souls is lovely the way it is <3 maybe change katanas a bit, but that's all I could ask for!

Good call give the dual kats the same moveset as in DeS (inclusive of Pushlock which would be negated by the poise stats)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:34 pm