Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Share

    Poll

    Do you like this list?

    [ 7 ]
    18% [18%] 
    [ 11 ]
    28% [28%] 
    [ 21 ]
    54% [54%] 

    Total Votes: 39
    avatar
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Houston. TX

    Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by Samurainova on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:50 pm

    Hey guys, this is a post of my top ten weapons, also, feel free to comment, and rearrange as you see fit, or even make your own list.

    This is my top ten weapons list, when making it I tried to keep in account the level of versatility and accessibility. This list is not based on power alone. Also, I tried to only but one weapon of each category, rather than trying to put say...three diffrent greatswords. So, here is my list, and I hope you enjoy.

    10. Demon Greataxe- This weapon is number ten, mostly due to its flat out ridiculousness. Everything about this weapon...is ridiculous. Its size, its power, its requirements,its scaling, etc etc. Everything, even its looks is ridiculous. Because this weapon is so powerful yet hard to use, I place at number ten.

    9. Bandits Knife- Of all the daggers, this is really the only one worth using next to the silver tracer. However, I decided this over the other because of its bleeding abilities, and the fact that you don't HAVE to buy the dlc to obtain it. Also, its criticals are extremely deadly, plus it accessible very early in the game.

    8. Gold Tracer- One word guys...BLEED! This weapons bleed abilities is unparalled. When it comes to health hackers this weapon bleeds like no other. That, along with its beautiful design and elegant move set put this weapon at number 8. It is the most unigue of its kind, and while many dislike it it does not require a buff to be super powerful, therefore I choose this over its brethren.

    7. Great Scythe-This is a weapon that is turly unique. Considering that their. Are only 2, this one in my opinion is best, because it does not bleed out the player. This weapon does indeed have a steep learning curve, but when mastered, you are a force to be reckoned with. It also has very large damage, so that's a plus.

    6. Large club- This is a very unique weapon. Of the clubs in souls, I find this one to be the best. It scales heavily with strength, and has a very unque moveset that can be quite deadly once mastered. Its movesets diversity makes it stand out among its piers, and the fact that it poisons its opponent doesn't hurt either.

    5. Zweihander- Everyone knows the infamous zweihander. A It has very noteable range, and a power attack that can even make a large skeleton slam its face in the dirt. I must admit, I do prefer the greatsword, but this weapons range along with its R2/RT attack make it stand out in pvp and pve. This sucker cuts through poise as if the other player has none, and its immense damage makes this a truly feared weapon.

    4. Uchigitana- I know what y'all are thinking. Chaos blade is better right? To each their own I suppose. It was tough deciding over which katana to place at number 4, but at the end of the day I would have to choose the good ol uchigitana. It is obtainable early on, and has very good scaling. It has a thrust ability with good range, making it very versatile. While the chaos blade is indeed very good, It takes a skilled player to utilize the power attacks without getting hurt, plus you take 20 damage each hit. It is also non buffable, which while most wouldn't care its always nive to have the option. In the end something just feels right and original with uchigitana, I don't know why...but it does, so its my pick.

    3. Rapier- Who can forget the almighty precision based rapier. Its critical hurts like a mofo. When its buffed its extremely deadly. And its moveset is well done and versatile. I chose this for the same reason I chose uchigitana I suppose. Its simplicity just makes it feel right. While it is shorter than its brethren I never found it to be a large problem. I really had a hard time choosing between this and estoc, but, in the end estocs powermoves take a bit to much finesse to utilize for someone new to it. Ricards rapier is also good, but it is somewhat weaker, and its powermove is more fun then deadly in my opinion, unless you dark moon blade it plus 3. So you really can't argue with the classic ol reliable rapier, so I chose that as number 3.

    2. Balder Side Sword- Ah yes, the infamous Baller Swag Sword. The most well known straight sword in game. This weapon hits like a freakin claymore two handed. Its thrust attack carries immense phantom range, and if time properly can surpass the range of even a spear. This weapn takes skill, but in the hands of a master it is hard pressed to beat.

    So....before we get to my number one choice, let's have a recap of the top ten list.

    10. Demon Greataxe
    9. Bandits Knife
    8. Gold Tracer
    7. Great Scythe
    6. Large Club
    5. Zweihander
    4. Uchigitana
    3. Rapier
    2. Balder Side sword

    And now...for my number one choice...

    1. Claymore- I would just like to state that I am not an avid user of this weapon. However, their is no denying that this weapon is the best weapon in dark souls. It truly reflects the skill of its user. Its combo ablilities is near infinate. Its Extremely versatile and simplistic. Its easy to obtain, and useful in every single possible situation. This is a weapon, that will always be in souls games. Its elegant, powerful, versatile,accessible....and the reasons go on. It is a perfect weapon in its entirety, and for that reason it places number one on my list.

    Here is a list of weapons I wanted to put, but just didn't make it.

    Moonlight Greatsword- Indeed a unique and powerful weapon. Well made and very cool. I didn't make the list due to its requirement. You have to be an intelligiance build to use this weapon, otherwise, its not going to serve very well. So I couldn't place it in my list. I would say it lays in the 7.5 area.

    Halberd- Indeed, a good weapon, along with the gargoyle counterpart. However, their were other categorical weapons that seemed more fitting, so while I wanted to put these at number five originaly, I simply couldn't ignore Zweihander. So think of this as an 5.5.

    Chao Blade- Great range, great power, great bleed. Just had to go with uchigitana. I would put this as 4.5

    Pike- The strongest and longest of the spears. A truly magnifcant spear, I just couldn't find a place for any spears. I can't really figure out, I just can't feel where they would belong on this list.


    Thank you guys for reading, and please feel free to post any and all opinions below. Also, feel free to put your top ten list, as well as and suggestions you would place on mine. happy




    avatar
    kazumoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 302
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-05-11
    Location : British Colombia

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by kazumoshi on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:56 pm

    I would not order weapons by level of usefulness, since when you get this specific it becomes a matter of playstyle and preference.

    The halberd, for exmaple can be twice as deadly as any uchigatana or claymore in the right hands, but the same could be said for both the claymore and the uchi.

    Either way, I, for the most part, agree with your list.


    _________________
    Wave
    avatar
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4307
    Reputation : 62
    Join date : 2012-04-12
    Age : 23
    Location : Carim in the Pacific Northwest

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by JoeBroski09 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:10 am

    Is this for PvP or PvE? Because that's a huge factor.

    PvE, Zwei and Halberd are probably my main 2 "best" weapons, simply because they're easy to get early on in the game and they are the best early game. Granted, I usually move on from them. But the fact that they make the first half of the game a piece of cake makes them just so amazing in my eyes.

    But, end game, I'd so go for Demon's Greataxe, or Ricard's Rapier. Or, claymore.

    Also, the claymore takes more stat requirement in order to get a good base damage without going elemental is HUGE. It is a 40/40 weapon, and making it an elemental is, in my opinion, just a waste. Other weapons would serve better, like the gargoyle halberd, or the Server. (In my experience, best user made elemental weapon in the game.) Don't get me wrong my main man has the Claymore, because it's buffable and I have 40 vit, 23 end, 40 end, 40 Str, 40 dex, 40 int, and 40 faith. Granted, the base damage of the GSoA would be better, but I have so many buffs... it's not even CLOSE.

    My point of the previous paragraph is that the claymore, overall, isn't as good as you make it out to be.

    Also, where is the Black Knight Halberd on this? It does crazy damage, low requirement (22 str, 18 dex is pretty low.) and it does as much damage to go through NG+. It only loses it's touch when you level enough to use buffs.

    My examples are all PvE, and I respect your list. You put a lot of hard work into it, but I personally think a bit of refining, between End-game, early game, PvE, PvP, etc is needed.

    Good read, though. happy


    _________________
    big grin Hugs and smiles big grin

    avatar
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Houston. TX

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by Samurainova on Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:11 am

    This is list for everything, and i mean everything. Its for new game plus, pvp, pve etc. It was rated based on many various factors. Such as accessability( How easy it is to get, as well as stat requirements to use it) Versatility( Customization as well as various move set combos). Those were the two main contributing factors. I did also pay attention to power as well, but the reason you wont be finding the great sword of artorias, or something fancy like that is the requirements. First you must make it, then you upgrade it, then you must level up to meet its requirements. A good weapon yes...but its accessability is simply to complex to make this list.

    You also will find no bows because in order to put a bow, i must put an arrow that goes with the bow, as well as crossbows. It's simply to odd to put such a weapon on my list that is contingent on the arrow type.

    Indeed black knight weapons are good, some of them are simply amazing. I used a black knight sword my first play through and it helped wonder. The thing is, they arent versatile. The cant be customized. Basically, you meet the requirements, spend the twinkies and boom your good to go. I honestly found them to be a pve type class of weapons if anything. other than the BKGA of course....to each their own i suppose.

    Another thing i wanted to do was have weapons that could be buffed. I personally do not buff my weapons. But, it is always good to have the option. I wanted to have good weapons for all situations, weapons that even on your first play through until your one thousandth hours of dark souls that would be useful. They are not flashy, they are not the most powerful, but they are always reliable, and i have a feeling that the vast majority of them will be in the next game.

    I just thought i should add this small bit of info. Thank you to all so far i appreciate your input happy



    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1721
    Reputation : 52
    Join date : 2012-07-30

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by IV_Mark_VI on Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:12 am

    I'd change a bunch of the numbers around and remove bandits knife; I don't know why you have it on the list. Limited range, lowish damage, bleed isn't a big deal, rapiers do much higher crits with similar stats and similar weight.

    Halberd should definitely beat it out, both for PvP and PvE and early, late game. Halberds are great weapons; difficult to learn for PvP, but high damage and high range for PvE? No brainer.

    Pike I'm not a huge fan of; SKS is better in my opinion. Pike is so heavy and it's more of a late game weapon, but I've always found a better replacement.

    Great Scythe I hate, but its better for PvP and PvE than more of the weapons above it. It's also easier to acquire than the Balder Side Sword and the Large club.


    _________________
    XBox Gamertag: VI Mark IV
    PSN: VI_Mark_IV
    avatar
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2613
    Reputation : 122
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Location : Southern US

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by The Letter X on Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:07 am

    I agree with your list with minor differences. The only thing is that I'd place a spear somewhere in there and put the Bandit's Knife in the Honorable Mention. Spears should probably be in the top 3 since there are so many in the game and they are extremely easy to use.


    _________________
    avatar
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Houston. TX

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by Samurainova on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:15 am

    IV_Mark_VI wrote:I'd change a bunch of the numbers around and remove bandits knife; I don't know why you have it on the list. Limited range, lowish damage, bleed isn't a big deal, rapiers do much higher crits with similar stats and similar weight.

    Halberd should definitely beat it out, both for PvP and PvE and early, late game. Halberds are great weapons; difficult to learn for PvP, but high damage and high range for PvE? No brainer.

    Pike I'm not a huge fan of; SKS is better in my opinion. Pike is so heavy and it's more of a late game weapon, but I've always found a better replacement.

    Great Scythe I hate, but its better for PvP and PvE than more of the weapons above it. It's also easier to acquire than the Balder Side Sword and the Large club.

    We all have our own opinions happy Thank you for your input :

    avatar
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1131
    Reputation : 49
    Join date : 2012-10-16
    Location : Somewhere in Asia

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by Automancer on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:30 am

    One small little error. The Demon's Spear is by far the best in terms of reach, weight and less stat investment to make it lethal. Pike on the other hand needs 24 Str.

    And obviously i have to say that i don't favor such lists because being 'best' is highly subjective because of vast move sets each weapon has and its been overdone far too many times with people favoring their favorites over others. But at least you made it somewhat fair. Good job.


    _________________
    !Dual-wielder all the way!
    PSN: bluebee898
    http://www.haouform.deviantart.com (Come visit and have fun!)
    avatar
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Houston. TX

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by Samurainova on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:36 am

    Thanks you so very much for your kind words automancer. You are correct about the spear, the pike wasn't the best choice. I think the winged spear would have to be the spear if I ever chose one. You can get it very early on, and its damage is pretty good. I'm not sure if I mentioned it but these are not my favorite weapons. Thanks again automancer happy


    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by Animaaal on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:12 am

    I'm usually on the same page as you with just about everything (whether you think so or not lol).

    But I gotta say, I'm unsure about some of these.

    The BALDER SIDE SWORD for instance. One might argue its one of the most unattainable items in the game. Obtaining Quelaags Furysword could take less time with a little extra effort. However, this does not take into consideration your point of view about buffing.

    The CLAYMORE. I think this weapon has been overrated because of the popularity of the thrust attack in pvp. In pve the Bastard Sword, imo, wins out. Its R2 attack is almost equally effective in tight quarters and it scales better.

    Also, when considering the thrust arguement, I have to agree with a couple other people about a spear weapon not making the list. I'd say the Demon's spear takes almost no effort to get, and if buffing is a consideration, then the Partizan is an obvious choice. The Partizan takes no brains to get, and is arguably one of the best weapons in the game.

    However, these are only matters of opinion as your logic is difficult to debate as always. I like your list. I think its one of the most well thought out lists compared to other lists previously compiled. Anyone without an informed opinion or lack of experience, would do well to carefully review and absorb the op you've provided.

    Great work always Nova.
    avatar
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Houston. TX

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by Samurainova on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:48 am

    I know what you are saying animal, and I understand you. Balder side sword is a lvel ! Rarity weapon, but...you can get it early in the game. !nd my god is that thing worth the farming, worth every last single baller swag soldier you cut down. I do agree, I should've put a spear, ill probaly edit one in later. happy


    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 785
    Reputation : 45
    Join date : 2012-07-31

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by Nybbles on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:49 am

    my list of the best weapons would be a bit different. but that's more of a personal taste thing than any disagreement with the OP's list, which is quite good.

    i have no particular order for my choices and it would be difficult for me to rate one higher than the other based on how much i use them or have seen them used in co-op/pvp. but it's probably not as balanced a list as the OP's with some weapon types not even being represented at all.

    Gravelord Greatsword (toxin, thrust attack and stun-lock made me choose this over the Murakumo)
    Silver Knight Spear (great reach and speed with decent damage and a divine component)
    Balder Side Sword (the most versatile of the straight swords and that thrust attack!)
    Zweihander (better moveset than most hammers/clubs, knockdown and breaks poise)
    Claymore (the most versatile of the greatswords and that thrust attack!)
    Black Knight Halberd (a ***** to get but if you find one early, you just won Dark Souls)
    Bandit Knife (speed, buffable and it inflicts bleed faster than most other weapons)
    Iaito (similar to the uchi but a better R2, buffable and easy to obtain)
    Falchion (very fast, will break guard and buffable)
    Estoc (reach, speed, great criticals and versatile)

    with honorable mentions going to: Great Axe, Man-Serpent Greatsword, Gold Tracer, Great Scythe and the oft forgotten Hand Axe.
    avatar
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Houston. TX

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by Samurainova on Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:55 pm

    These are all great weapons as well nybbles happy

    avatar
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1856
    Reputation : 109
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Age : 22
    Location : Darkroot Basin

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by LunarFog on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:17 pm

    Don't agree with the list at all. The fact that I skimmed over it and saw no spear, and the rapier over velka's rapier was a sign that this list wasn't good

    avatar
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4307
    Reputation : 62
    Join date : 2012-04-12
    Age : 23
    Location : Carim in the Pacific Northwest

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by JoeBroski09 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:23 pm

    LunarFog wrote:Don't agree with the list at all. The fact that I skimmed over it and saw no spear, and the rapier over velka's rapier was a sign that this list wasn't good
    Cough cough *extremely one sided view* cough cough.


    _________________
    big grin Hugs and smiles big grin


    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5553
    Reputation : 119
    Join date : 2012-01-29
    Age : 20
    Location : Finland!

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by Spurgun on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:26 pm

    JoeBroski09 wrote:
    LunarFog wrote:Don't agree with the list at all. The fact that I skimmed over it and saw no spear, and the rapier over velka's rapier was a sign that this list wasn't good
    Cough cough *extremely one sided view* cough cough.

    He was asking for her opinion, and she told him what she though. nothing wrong with that Shrug

    Tbh agree with her, at least on the spear part, not so much on the rapier.
    avatar
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4307
    Reputation : 62
    Join date : 2012-04-12
    Age : 23
    Location : Carim in the Pacific Northwest

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by JoeBroski09 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:29 pm

    Spurgun wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:
    LunarFog wrote:Don't agree with the list at all. The fact that I skimmed over it and saw no spear, and the rapier over velka's rapier was a sign that this list wasn't good
    Cough cough *extremely one sided view* cough cough.

    He was asking for her opinion, and she told him what she though. nothing wrong with that Shrug

    Tbh agree with her, at least on the spear part, not so much on the rapier.
    Well, the way it was said was just like "despite the work put into this list, it sucks because it doesn't have my favorite weapons in it."

    I guess it just hit a nerve. And I got 3 hours of sleep last night.


    _________________
    big grin Hugs and smiles big grin


    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5553
    Reputation : 119
    Join date : 2012-01-29
    Age : 20
    Location : Finland!

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by Spurgun on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:32 pm

    You can't argue that spears aren't top tier weapons (IMO they're the best weapons in the game, all of the long ones).
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 28
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:37 pm

    Spurgun wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:
    LunarFog wrote:Don't agree with the list at all. The fact that I skimmed over it and saw no spear, and the rapier over velka's rapier was a sign that this list wasn't good
    Cough cough *extremely one sided view* cough cough.

    He was asking for her opinion, and she told him what she though. nothing wrong with that

    Tbh agree with her, at least on the spear part, not so much on the rapier.

    I actually agree with her on the rapier. silly

    avatar
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4307
    Reputation : 62
    Join date : 2012-04-12
    Age : 23
    Location : Carim in the Pacific Northwest

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by JoeBroski09 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:38 pm

    Yeah, well, it could have at least been said nicer. I personally thought Spears were crap until I got my hands on the moonlight horn. That thing still barely does any damage, like most Spears, but it's fast and I'm safe if I keep my distance.


    _________________
    big grin Hugs and smiles big grin


    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5553
    Reputation : 119
    Join date : 2012-01-29
    Age : 20
    Location : Finland!

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by Spurgun on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:53 pm

    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:
    Spurgun wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:
    LunarFog wrote:Don't agree with the list at all. The fact that I skimmed over it and saw no spear, and the rapier over velka's rapier was a sign that this list wasn't good
    Cough cough *extremely one sided view* cough cough.

    He was asking for her opinion, and she told him what she though. nothing wrong with that

    Tbh agree with her, at least on the spear part, not so much on the rapier.

    I actually agree with her on the rapier. silly

    Well i don't silly
    Personal preference.
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 28
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:54 pm

    JoeBroski09 wrote:Yeah, well, it could have at least been said nicer. I personally thought Spears were crap until I got my hands on the moonlight horn. That thing still barely does any damage, like most Spears, but it's fast and I'm safe if I keep my distance.

    In other words, it does precisely the thing spears ought to do. winking

    avatar
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4307
    Reputation : 62
    Join date : 2012-04-12
    Age : 23
    Location : Carim in the Pacific Northwest

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by JoeBroski09 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:57 pm

    Poke them to death from a distance.


    _________________
    big grin Hugs and smiles big grin

    avatar
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3181
    Reputation : 231
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Age : 30
    Location : Mushroom Kingdom

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by Sentiel on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:57 pm

    I believe that a very good spear user, given proper area to fight in is as close to undefeatable as you can get in Dark Souls.


    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5553
    Reputation : 119
    Join date : 2012-01-29
    Age : 20
    Location : Finland!

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by Spurgun on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:04 pm

    Sentiel wrote:I believe that a very good spear user, given proper area to fight in is as close to undefeatable as you can get in Dark Souls.

    Add DWGR and lots of stamina regen to that and you would be right.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:35 am