Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Carphil
SlakeMoth
Samurainova
7 posters

Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

Poll

Did you like this top ten list?

[ 2 ]
    Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons I_vote_lcap29%Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons I_vote_rcap [29%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons I_vote_lcap57%Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons I_vote_rcap [57%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons I_vote_lcap14%Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons I_vote_rcap [14%] 

Total Votes: 7
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons Empty Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

Post by Samurainova Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:01 pm

moved to general discussion, not sure how it ended up in off topic.

Last edited by Samurainova on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons Empty Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

Post by SlakeMoth Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:38 pm

You missed off the Composite Bow. In fact there isn't a bow of any kind on your list which kind of makes it worthless as far as I'm concerned because I go with bows every time plus the Uchi & Gravelord Greatsword.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:55 pm

For number one I would pick GSoA, because well, is the GSoA!

But I liked the top ten and the detailed explanations.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:00 pm

Slake, you could consider the fact that maybe he doesn't think bows are any good? (To be fair I myself probably wouldn't put a bow on the list)

I'll have to disagree with the claymore to be honest, it's well balanced sure, but the best weapon in the game? Not a chance.

I'm surprised BKGA didn't make it on. I know it's not cool to like it and it's a noobish weapon, but when I used it in PvP it decimated everything, it was unbelievable.

MLGS I think deserved a place too, 480 pure magic attack is about as good as 520-540 physical damage, but shields have less defence against it and has a ranged attack.

A few other weapons that are left off I would have considered are DGM, DSS, Murakamo, Iaito, Darksword....

I think top ten lists like this though are too difficult to make, I mean there's some obvious great weapons like DSS that aren't that powerful, but their sheer range make them incredibly useful and potent tools when used correctly, or weapons such as bows that give range and can pack a punch...

That and the fact that each weapon merits different uses. For instance in the dukes archives and crystal caves, the Furysword will trump everything else hands down, while against bosses, weak weapons like the bandits knife are pretty bad due to low damage output. Everything is just too subective between play style and the many different uses and forms of use each weapon has.

The one thing I utterly object to in the list however is the Zweihander. It's pure power for an elemental upgrade path, but that's all it's got going for it and really isn't that great a weapon.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:49 pm

Carphil wrote:For number one I would pick GSoA, because well, is the GSoA!

But I liked the top ten and the detailed explanations.

Indeed that is also a manficant weapon I should have put in weapons that didn't make it. My apologies, when I was making the list I tried to keep versatility and accessibilty in mind like I said. I wanted to put the best weapons that were easy to access and very customizable. The claymore was the best in those regards. The only one I felt that I simply could not deny was the gold tracer because it is simply the most intense bleed weapon in the game. I couldn't deny it a place. Thank you so much for your support happy
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:52 pm

In my eyes, this isn't Off-Topic.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:55 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Slake, you could consider the fact that maybe he doesn't think bows are any good? (To be fair I myself probably wouldn't put a bow on the list)

I'll have to disagree with the claymore to be honest, it's well balanced sure, but the best weapon in the game? Not a chance.

I'm surprised BKGA didn't make it on. I know it's not cool to like it and it's a noobish weapon, but when I used it in PvP it decimated everything, it was unbelievable.

MLGS I think deserved a place too, 480 pure magic attack is about as good as 520-540 physical damage, but shields have less defence against it and has a ranged attack.

A few other weapons that are left off I would have considered are DGM, DSS, Murakamo, Iaito, Darksword....

I think top ten lists like this though are too difficult to make, I mean there's some obvious great weapons like DSS that aren't that powerful, but their sheer range make them incredibly useful and potent tools when used correctly, or weapons such as bows that give range and can pack a punch...

That and the fact that each weapon merits different uses. For instance in the dukes archives and crystal caves, the Furysword will trump everything else hands down, while against bosses, weak weapons like the bandits knife are pretty bad due to low damage output. Everything is just too subective between play style and the many different uses and forms of use each weapon has.

The one thing I utterly object to in the list however is the Zweihander. It's pure power for an elemental upgrade path, but that's all it's got going for it and really isn't that great a weapon.

Thank you so much for your input as well as your reasoning behind. Your explanation makes a huge differance. Like I said this list was made on the basis of accessability and versatility. These weapons are not necessaruly the most powerful nor cool, or even the best. But when it comes to both pvp and pve, as well as gettiing them early on and the amount of customization I felt this list suited them well. The only exception was the gold tracer which I had very much internal conflict over, but that bleed against hackers just can not be ignored. Again though, thanks for your input happy
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:00 pm

Dark Sword is best sword.

That doesn't work out as well as "Chaos blade is best blade" sad
    dsg78gaming
    dsg78gaming
    Casual
    Casual

Post by dsg78gaming Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:27 pm

My number one is the claymore aswell, I just feel so at home holding a claymore two handed. Nothing seems to be able to stop me as I rip through enemy after enemy happy
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:05 pm

Samurainova wrote:

Thank you so much for your input as well as your reasoning behind. Your explanation makes a huge differance. Like I said this list was made on the basis of accessability and versatility. These weapons are not necessaruly the most powerful nor cool, or even the best. But when it comes to both pvp and pve, as well as gettiing them early on and the amount of customization I felt this list suited them well. The only exception was the gold tracer which I had very much internal conflict over, but that bleed against hackers just can not be ignored. Again though, thanks for your input happy

I tried to justify my opinions best i could..

Accessibility huh, I admit I didn't take that into account... That definitely puts the claymore up, readily available early, scales with both combat stats, decent base damage compared to speed.. I guess it is alround a great weapon. Admittedly though there is better in my opinion, but not for low levels early on..

okay, you've converted me now i've thought about it again, claymore is excelllent with it's requirements and base damage.. accessibility is the selling point for that weapon for sure.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:45 am