Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
reim0027
Slarg232
Jansports
dannyhugz
roanispe
IV_Mark_VI
DoughGuy
DarkW17
FruitPunchNinja
Serious_Much
skarekrow13
Federally
Juutas
Pesth
WyrmHero
DarkHaven
ICEFANG
omega Elf
22 posters

Skill Imbalance

omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

Skill Imbalance - Page 5 Empty Re: Skill Imbalance

Post by omega Elf Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:12 pm

Pyro is easily countered with a Black Knight Shield and shield-poking with either
    a rapier or a spear.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:20 pm

omega Elf wrote:Pyro is easily countered with a Black Knight Shield and shield-poking with either
    a rapier or a spear.

That would mean someone would have to come equiped specifically to counter pyros, which means you pull out a Lightning Claymore and go to town. The Claymore has just as long range pokes as a spear does, it just can't do them as often.

Also, it's entirely possible to do a Sorce/Pyro build, so I counter your Black Knight Sheild and rapier/spear with Soul Arrows. The cheap, spammy kind.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:20 pm

omega Elf wrote:I'd personally have no problem going with 31 poise although likewise fast-rollers
    should be nerfed to a maximum of 53. Spears & the Hornet Ring would also need
    to be addressed.

What about the tiny beings? Are you ignoring me? It needs to really be addressed!!
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:24 pm

DarkW17 wrote:
    omega Elf wrote:I'd personally have no problem going with 31 poise although likewise fast-rollers
    to be addressed.

What about the tiny beings? Are you ignoring me? It needs to really be addressed!!

Smoosh em, or if you prefer things in a more black and white light, feed them to your pet.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:43 pm

Slarg232 wrote:
    to be addressed.

Why do Spears and the Hornet Ring need to be addressed? Not trying to be confrontational, just wondering.

I've found Hornet Ring users are easily countered via quick casting spells (Fire Surge, Combustion), as they can't parry them, and if you do it right they can't get at your back, leaving them a terrible, terrible weapon.

Spears are easily countered with Fireball.

Not everyone use pyro. It's not a proper counter if not all character types can do it, just saying.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:51 pm

Actually, you could argue that Pyro is one of the few things that everyone can use. At all 8 stats (which isn't possible, but if you were at that point, the few weapons you could use would be usable by everyone), you still could equip a Seance Ring, and a Pyro hand. Although that wouldn't be an effective build, its still usable by everyone, while me saying, a Halberd is the counter, means not everyone could use it.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:58 pm

ICEFANG wrote:Actually, you could argue that Pyro is one of the few things that everyone can use. At all 8 stats (which isn't possible, but if you were at that point, the few weapons you could use would be usable by everyone), you still could equip a Seance Ring, and a Pyro hand. Although that wouldn't be an effective build, its still usable by everyone, while me saying, a Halberd is the counter, means not everyone could use it.

Yeah, but calling a pyro as effective counter is just waaaay too limited. Things like kick would be better qualified as a common counter since it can be used by anyone except the guys with curved swords (that is a tiny amount of players).
    I don't have a real point here, but just saying, because I like...saying things...
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:22 pm

Thats ok, I like saying things too haha
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:50 pm

Juutas wrote:
    ICEFANG wrote:Actually, you could argue that Pyro is one of the few things that everyone can use. At all 8 stats (which isn't possible, but if you were at that point, the few weapons you could use would be usable by everyone), you still could equip a Seance Ring, and a Pyro hand. Although that wouldn't be an effective build, its still usable by everyone, while me saying, a Halberd is the counter, means not everyone could use it.

Yeah, but calling a pyro as effective counter is just waaaay too limited. Things like kick would be better qualified as a common counter since it can be used by anyone except the guys with curved swords (that is a tiny amount of players).
    I don't have a real point here, but just saying, because I like...saying things...

Mmph mmph mmph MMPH! HUDDAAAAAAH!
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:26 pm

I actually like noting that Pyro is a good counter, or that kicks can counter certain things as well, Because it isn't available on every build

and it shouldn't be. If weapons/armors/rings/spells BUILDS in general didn't have weakness they also wouldn't have strength as everything would be so normalized nothing you "choose" would impact the fight. If buffs were terribly weak, well you chose CMW but it didn't really change anything. If spears weren't obnoxiously long, well you chose winged spear but it's just a re-skinned longsword. ect. The more builds can have weakness the more builds can have strengths, this is what creates diversity. Is it possible for any build to beat a spear or a sorcerer? Probably yes, but some builds would have an easier time, whilst others will struggle. I feel this makes player input about stats/gear more exciting, I really like the PGS for it's buffed damage output low weight and stylish R2, but damn if I don't regret it as soon as I see a spear+shield.
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:05 am

NO. Dwgr is not a counter to this. It is a crutch thatthese same people use. Dwgr is the only thing in this game i want removed. It is the most unbalanced item in the game. Wrath of god is fine, abused but counterable. But a ninjaflipping havle the mother lagstabbing son of a rock just isnt right. I love this game. I dont mind losing. But i despise that ring.
    Solid_Altair

Post by Solid_Altair Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:21 am

As a noob (finishing my first playthrough and watched some vids) I got the impression that the heavy characters are doomed in high level PvP. If that's correct, then I dislike this. Even if heavy characters are generally easier to use and possibly more effective on low skill levels, I think it should still be effective on high skill levels, as well.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:33 am

Solid_Altair wrote:As a noob (finishing my first playthrough and watched some vids) I got the impression that the heavy characters are doomed in high level PvP. If that's correct, then I dislike this. Even if heavy characters are generally easier to use and possibly more effective on low skill levels, I think it should still be effective on high skill levels, as well.

It's unfortunate that when midrolling or slowrolling you don't have very good odds to win when your opponent is flipping around like monkey in a better armor than you.
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by omega Elf Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:51 am

The problem is the poise system not flipping which I thought we'd established.
    I'm not one to dwell on an issue as you well know but we can go over this again.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:21 am

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooo please lol!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:46 am