Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+49
Lancelot
Sorrow95
GrinTwist
IV_Mark_VI
Shkar
RNsunbro
Nybbles
Chr0m3
Phantasmio
Knight Alundil
Aces ovr Eights
Aramat_857
DigitaLinsanitY
matthewm7
Cynic
Bloodios
ICEFANG
tofucactaur
Darkson
Jorund
bmurn
Shabbalaba
Scirvir
Doelker
Lachsfilet
Ghadis_God
RandelOolacile
befowler
Eolan
dead_boy
roomsixteen
baby_beavis
VinheimProfessor
Rynn
Bold berthold
Dark Souls PRO
Green__Eagle
ublug
Gawain
DoughGuy
WyrmHero
BoilerFan8472
swordiris
skarekrow13
Tolvo
Isirith
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
JoeBroski09
fireLESS
53 posters

Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run

Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run - Page 17 Empty Re: Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run

Post by Eolan Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:55 am

Another thought just to give you some hope... That's from the release trailer... Look at the difference in colour... Either some last minute colour correction or that character is doing something "different" with the lord vessel....
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run - Page 17 Empty Re: Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run

Post by RandelOolacile Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:07 am

?

Kinda looks like they're using two hands. Hmm...
    tofucactaur
    tofucactaur
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by tofucactaur Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:47 am

whoa cool find with the lord vessel pic. I have been following this thread since its beginning, and it is totally awesome! You guys are doing a killah job. I have been very doubtful about the whole 'pendant' thing and finding differing endings for this game for ages, but you guys might be onto something! If something really does happen, it could possibly be the coolest, most brutal hidden ending/story in a videogame. Ever.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:20 pm

@tofucactaur, Thanks for the support!

Great pic Eolan, I wonder what he is doing to that lord vessel. Maybe that is the Edragon soul or something.. Hard to make any conclusions from it. Gives some hope though your right. It is hard not to become hollow against such adversity.
    BoilerFan8472
    BoilerFan8472
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BoilerFan8472 Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:29 pm

It looks like he's washing his hands in souls...

Seriously though he could be performing some sort of ritual.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run - Page 17 Empty UPDATE: Chained in a cell.

Post by fireLESS Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:47 pm

I defeated Lord Gwyn. I probably looked foolish because I had my cell phone out and ready for a picture, just in case! OF course, nothing different happened and we basically already knew that.

I am now at a point of trepidation. I am nervous about going into NG+ without a plan. I am very interested in the conversation about Lautrec vs Rhea. I am at the moment unsure how I should handle them in my NG+.

I have all 7 firekeeper souls.

Last edited by fireLESS on Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:54 pm

It is not possible to kill the Firekeeper in Firelink ourself.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:00 pm

Rynn wrote:It is not possible to kill the Firekeeper in Firelink ourself.

Thanks. Looks like Lautrec is going down then. I want the firekeeper soul.

Annoys me. Why not? All I need is a long stick and you would think I could knock her head clean off! How the heck does Lautrec get it done?
    oh well.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:06 pm

The Sunlight Spear is sweet. Once used in the war that marked the dawn of the age of fire. I will soon use this fierce power to peel away the scales of dragons once again, marking the dawn of the age of man.

ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:39 pm

I've decided to do this too, I'm in NG+ right now. After killing Quelaag, Sif, Bell, I was heading to Capra Demon and do you know the area where there are 3 zombies guarding a Twin Humanity? There was a bag next to it. When I picked it up, it was a Lloyd Talisman (and I was online, but hollow, no one else could have placed it). I went on to kill Pinwheel, save Rhea, kill Iron Golem, and Lady of the Darkling, without using a bonfire or an Estus Flask. I will continue later and let people know if I see other strange things.

BTW, I would have taken a picture, but there was no reason to, I could have just dropped the Talisman and picked it back up and taken a picture. I am being honest, but there is no proof for it right now.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:05 pm

ICEFANG wrote:I've decided to do this too, I'm in NG+ right now. After killing Quelaag, Sif, Bell, I was heading to Capra Demon and do you know the area where there are 3 zombies guarding a Twin Humanity? There was a bag next to it. When I picked it up, it was a Lloyd Talisman (and I was online, but hollow, no one else could have placed it). I went on to kill Pinwheel, save Rhea, kill Iron Golem, and Lady of the Darkling, without using a bonfire or an Estus Flask. I will continue later and let people know if I see other strange things.

BTW, I would have taken a picture, but there was no reason to, I could have just dropped the Talisman and picked it back up and taken a picture. I am being honest, but there is no proof for it right now.

Keep up the good work. Quite odd. Lots of strange programming in this game. Lloyd is an interesting character lore wise. Somewhat fits the extinguish vs kindle line of reasoning.
    Bloodios
    Bloodios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodios Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:37 pm

fireLESS wrote:...Looks like Lautrec is going down then. I want the firekeeper soul.

Annoys me. Why not? All I need is a long stick and you would think I could knock her head clean off! How the heck does Lautrec get it done?
    oh well.
    He threw his shotel through those gaps!

Jokes aside, I always find it puzzling that you can kill Ricket of Vinheim and not Anastacia. They're both sitting behind bars, what made hers more special than his?
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:37 pm

Because you need to let lautrec live and the game is telling you so by making him key to extinguishing bonfires....
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:42 pm

Maybe if you get it just right you can summon him or he appears down there
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:54 pm

There's a specific way to get Solaire to help you to fight Gwyn, perhaps there's a way for Lautrec too?
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:00 pm

Eolan wrote:Because you need to let lautrec live and the game is telling you so by making him key to extinguishing bonfires....

Arrrgh. So brilliant, maybe Lautrec does need to live! I'm so twisted about which way to go. Isn't Lautrec after the firekeeper souls? Does he have some power that I do not? It bothers me that I must team with him to bring the age of man. Perhaps it is true. Maybe I ought to keep him
    Scirvir

Post by Scirvir Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:48 pm

So, I'm just through Anor Londo on a no-bonny NG+. Nothing strange for me... But one thing I never noticed before - you can skip invading Lautrec, and smash the place apart, (O&S, Gwynevere, Gwyndolin) and when you walk back through that hallway, the orb is still useable. I guess I always went after him right away and assumed the option was gone once the bosses were dealt with. I'm gonna keep the orb in a hotkey, wonder if it'll light up anywhere else? Doubtful.. However, I still have the firekeeper's soul from the last playthrough, and the game will prompt me on if I want to return it to her.. Anyway, main goal is to reproduce an 'Unstable Bonfire' message. Gonna go back over the thread, and see if I can duplicate it.

Also, I'm bugged with the blue flame / lordvessel pic from the trailer.. The color could have been changed before release, but why would they change that animation to show you dropping souls (or whatever that is) in with ONE hand instead? Weird. Seems like an awful lot of work for something that's trivial. Something sinister is afoot.. Or maybe it's just more cut content.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:59 pm

There are so many clues telling us that something is there. It's an endless list of questions that all point to the pendant, rhea, Lautrec, Edrgon and Pygmy. Even Lloyd and old man mcgaff.
    They had to have a sensible story when they made this. It's too intricate to be just random programming, pendants and items randomly showing up willy nilly. The shortcuts allowing us to circle back to the firekeepers, they knew exactly what they were doing. Clearly they knew we would be at least examining the chaacter actions and dialogues. It isn't random! Things add up to something we don't quite understand. The guys who made this are gamers like us. Hard core super nerds who like old school challenges. They set out to make something hard. They had the ability to make a seamless land. They built a construct based on ash lake, everything reaching up from there (via the hollow), they created a board with shortcuts galore, do the game can be opened right up! You can run to wherever you please. They were god, at that point. I think they set a very high bar with a very small budget. They overreached, they thought people would catch on to the Rhea vs Lautrc kindle vs extinguish aspect rather quickly. They wanted to make a game that was hard. They tested using demons souls the way it would potentially go down. They prob thought we would have them figured out in 3 months. But then time past. They realized that they were much more successful than yet had thought, in a way. They had pulled such a thick wool over our eyes that we still have a cloudy view of the reality they constructed. We are still swimming in the garblygook. To increase difficulty, They decided to remove every hint except for a specific few hints. They know we want an Easter egg, even despite overreaching the budget and being perhaps too ambitious, they would keep some nugget of gold at te end intact. At least I would anyway.

Enough motivational speaking. The repeated tests everyone is doing will hopefully start choking up some solid results.

First thing I did in NG+ was run through catacoms and ToG, all the way to the fog. No nothin different at all. At least I can settle that in my mind now. I know some of you probably did this already but I had to. White chunks don't hurt either.

I suppose Rhea is just trying to level up her divine build, lol.
    Best thing to happen to me was when I saw a player human ghost dude with te exact same armor as me, same everything. We exchanged some shrugs.
    matthewm7

Post by matthewm7 Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:19 pm

i think i messed up my run guys. would it matter how rhea reacts to you because i needed extra souls to buy a spell right there and then from logans apprentice so i killed petrus before his companions got to firelink but upon seeing me still attack. i was forced to kill vince and nico and tried requesting absolution but rhea still fights me even though her punches do no damage lol. should i try to slog on my play through anyway?
    Bloodios
    Bloodios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodios Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:25 pm

matthewm7 wrote:i think i messed up my run guys. would it matter how rhea reacts to you because i needed extra souls to buy a spell right there and then from logans apprentice so i killed petrus before his companions got to firelink but upon seeing me still attack. i was forced to kill vince and nico and tried requesting absolution but rhea still fights me even though her punches do no damage lol. should i try to slog on my play through anyway?
    What?! That stinks! Have you tried demanding a refund from Oswald of Carim yet?
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:55 am

Rhea is supposed to die. They are the anti-noBonnie run.

Quick update, by the way. I decided Lautrec is dead on my ng+ so I off him when he's ogling Anastacia. All is well, get all the way to Anor Londo and my blackeye orb, from my first run, starts to quiver. Wait Lautrec is dead. I invade and Lautrec is there with his sealer buddy and spear wielder. So I kill Lautrec, AGAIN, and get Anastacias soul, she's alive, remember? And a second FaP ring. What? This has got to be a glitch...

Other than that I have no new info! Gonna go work on my Altered Beast build! big grin
    Scirvir

Post by Scirvir Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:27 am

Sounds like Lautrec did a little "RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE"
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:30 am

Scirvir wrote:Sounds like Lautrec did a little "RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE"

You, my friend, get +1 for that! big grin
    Jorund
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jorund Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:28 am

I know this probably doesn't count, but...

Bonfires go out when enemies come near them.

Someone should bring a clam to the E Dragon bonfire... bahahaha. If only life were so simple.
    Cynic
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cynic Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:32 am

They don't go out, but are just inactive. I like how you think, though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:10 pm