Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+49
Lancelot
Sorrow95
GrinTwist
IV_Mark_VI
Shkar
RNsunbro
Nybbles
Chr0m3
Phantasmio
Knight Alundil
Aces ovr Eights
Aramat_857
DigitaLinsanitY
matthewm7
Cynic
Bloodios
ICEFANG
tofucactaur
Darkson
Jorund
bmurn
Shabbalaba
Scirvir
Doelker
Lachsfilet
Ghadis_God
RandelOolacile
befowler
Eolan
dead_boy
roomsixteen
baby_beavis
VinheimProfessor
Rynn
Bold berthold
Dark Souls PRO
Green__Eagle
ublug
Gawain
DoughGuy
WyrmHero
BoilerFan8472
swordiris
skarekrow13
Tolvo
Isirith
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
JoeBroski09
fireLESS
53 posters

Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run - Page 16 Empty Re: Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run

Post by Rynn Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:11 pm

That post felt rather sarcastic. We're all human here, if you don't believe me, that's fine.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run - Page 16 Empty Re: Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run

Post by Darkson Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:12 pm

It was NOT sarcastic! :shock:
    Cynic
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cynic Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:13 pm

When you guys say you let Lautric live, does that just include after he kills the firekeeper or can you not kill him for the ring either?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:14 pm

My phone has a camera.

The sad part: I don't know how to view any of the pictures I've taken. Look Skyward
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:18 pm

Jorund wrote:The only covenant-required shortcut is for the Lost Izalith one right?

I'm o that part now and they give you plenty of shortcuts. You don't need chaos, but it may prove helpful to some I would imagine. If you want to get in there earlier to say, retrieve the sunlight maggot before heading to Nito. I don't think it's very helpful personally.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:19 pm

Cynic wrote:When you guys say you let Lautric live, does that just include after he kills the firekeeper or can you not kill him for the ring either?

I think it's okay to kill him. Both Rynn and Mudo are doing runs in which he lives. You want to kill the firekeepers, is the main point. You could do it yourself if you want.
    Jorund
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jorund Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:25 pm

So would you suggest Sunbros or WoW? I remember hearing that WoW allows you to generally see more summon signs.
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:36 pm

Jorund wrote:So would you suggest Sunbros or WoW? I remember hearing that WoW allows you to generally see more summon signs.

I don't know if it's pertinent, but WoW is about kindling and would be counterproductive, at least story wise, to be a part of it. If you were going to join a covenant I would say darkwraith, but considering it would have no real benefit I would just skip it. This is why I stayed away from covenants. big grin
    Jorund
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jorund Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:39 pm

Well, I want the co-op benefits of some kind of covenant, so I think I'll go with the sunbros. Though I always have trouble getting past the hellkite...
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:54 pm

Jorund wrote:Well, I want the co-op benefits of some kind of covenant, so I think I'll go with the sunbros. Though I always have trouble getting past the hellkite...

Just stand far left within the alcove opposite the stairs, as soon as he jumps down to investigate run out and passed him into the altar area. No armor is best for the speed! big grin
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:22 pm

Cynic wrote:When you guys say you let Lautric live, does that just include after he kills the firekeeper or can you not kill him for the ring either?
    I killed him on my first game inside the parish.
    I left him alive throughout the full game for the others.
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:47 pm

Yeah for me he's alive and kicking. Rings I used were steel protection and red tearstone so FaP wasn't a big thing for me.
    Jorund
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jorund Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:54 pm

Rynn, do you kill all the NPCs pretty much on first contact with them--except for blacksmiths?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:58 pm

I kill all NPC's on first contact, including blacksmiths. I don't even talk to them.
    Jorund
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jorund Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:01 pm

...You never upgrade?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:12 pm

I did that in NG, the only thing I did in NG was not light bonfires, it's every playthrough after that where I've killed everyone.
    Jorund
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jorund Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:27 pm

Just started my no bonfire run, Deprived. This should get interesting.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:28 pm

Can i just say that lautrec has a sealer with him, the third one. SO ingward stayed, because thats their lifelong duty, the sealers. The second one of them went to heal blighhttown and died, a reasonable reason to abandon your post.

But the third sealer, decided to leave to help lautrec... What do u guys think? big grin

Lautrec thinks your a fool for stopping him and he has the backing of a sealer. A person who inherently knows sacrifice for the greater good...

Also lautrecs anor londo is dark, meaning he destroyed guinevere and lets assume he also killed gwyndolin. In rynns reality, there is now a pendant in gwyndolin's chamber...

Last edited by Eolan on Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jorund
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jorund Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:31 pm

Been a while since I fought Lautrec; do we have some sort of confirmation that it's THE sealer?
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:33 pm

Yup its a sealer all right, unless its an imposter but if that was the case then all lore is up for debate happy
    Jorund
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jorund Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:36 pm

Putting your focus on Lautrec and his life has seem to bring up a couple questions but some possible answers as well, Eolan. Good work!

EDIT: Can enemies respawn without you going to a bonfire? Like, maybe when going through a white fog?
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:32 pm

Some enemies respawned for me. Not sure why, but going from one area to the next made it happen, i.e. Upper undead burg to firelink and back all mobs were back.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:32 pm

Jorund wrote:Putting your focus on Lautrec and his life has seem to bring up a couple questions but some possible answers as well, Eolan. Good work!

EDIT: Can enemies respawn without you going to a bonfire? Like, maybe when going through a white fog?

Enemies do respawn after crossing a significant distance.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:37 pm

On to harvesting before taking Gwyn down. I have some speculation. Its a stretch, but not a very far one considering...

There is a great hollow theme throughout the game. Tree branches run through the bosses lairs, connecting all things. The great hollow is the ONLY way to access the Edragon. The top of the great hollow was where Rynn reports the unstable message. When I place the vessel, I place it atop a tree lookin thing. A stump. Then, after I fill it with lordsouls, the fire gets so big that it is outside of the vessel. We have all seen the way it burns you in the normal linking fires ending. The fire becomes unstable! It overflows.

What if we need to burn down the great hollow? Somehow break that connection to the Edragon?

Just a thought..
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:52 am

Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run - Page 16 Screen%20Shot%202012-05-01%20at%2011.58.08%20PMExtinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run - Page 16 Screen12

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:38 am