Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+49
Lancelot
Sorrow95
GrinTwist
IV_Mark_VI
Shkar
RNsunbro
Nybbles
Chr0m3
Phantasmio
Knight Alundil
Aces ovr Eights
Aramat_857
DigitaLinsanitY
matthewm7
Cynic
Bloodios
ICEFANG
tofucactaur
Darkson
Jorund
bmurn
Shabbalaba
Scirvir
Doelker
Lachsfilet
Ghadis_God
RandelOolacile
befowler
Eolan
dead_boy
roomsixteen
baby_beavis
VinheimProfessor
Rynn
Bold berthold
Dark Souls PRO
Green__Eagle
ublug
Gawain
DoughGuy
WyrmHero
BoilerFan8472
swordiris
skarekrow13
Tolvo
Isirith
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
JoeBroski09
fireLESS
53 posters

Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run

RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run - Page 21 Empty Re: Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run

Post by RandelOolacile Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:29 am

Nybbles wrote:
    Chr0m3 wrote:I'm also intrigued by the "Gravelord Servant" boss found in the text dump.
    Well, I belive the DLC will give us many answers, and if not, the PC version will probably be hacked 'till the roots in order to find stuff that hasn't been discovered in the game.

i had found a "gravelord event" within the game a long time ago, if you play offline when you go to the painted world for the first time, their are black phantom mobs everywhere. i never was able to find a gravelord sign though. and this only happened while offline so it was definitely not a multi-player event (i was disconnected from my ISP at the time)

oh…and this only happened to me during my pre-patch play through and after not finding a gravelord sign, i just killed Pris, left and never went back that play through. i have no idea if this event still occurs post-patch or not, i've never tried to duplicate it in 1.5. maybe i'll do that during my fireLESS run.

There was a small discussion between myself and a couple others on here about the phantoms in painted world. Apparently it's only prepatch, or so we think, because were unable to duplicate it and considering that the patch served to make things a little easier, phantomless painted world seemed to fit. I have been able to duplicate it deleting all patches so I know it's a patch thing.

I'm busting a full kindle this time wearing the priests hat. Figured I would give it a try since petrus tells us that by kindling we'll receive unimaginable power(!!) or something like that...silly

I'll post results as they come! big grin
    Chr0m3

Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run - Page 21 Empty Re: Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run

Post by Chr0m3 Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:04 pm

Well, I'm playing on the 1.00 version so I might encounter those phantoms too. I'm currently fighting Seath on the Duke's Archives and he can't kill me because I have unlimited HP, so I need to mod my character back then mod him again to pass that place.
    I found that you can get back through the fog gate and I tried everything on him but it doesn't work. So if anyone wants to try anything on him there, I can confirm that he's invulnerable.
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:32 pm

MudoRH wrote:
    Nybbles wrote:
    Chr0m3 wrote:I'm also intrigued by the "Gravelord Servant" boss found in the text dump.
    Well, I belive the DLC will give us many answers, and if not, the PC version will probably be hacked 'till the roots in order to find stuff that hasn't been discovered in the game.

i had found a "gravelord event" within the game a long time ago, if you play offline when you go to the painted world for the first time, their are black phantom mobs everywhere. i never was able to find a gravelord sign though. and this only happened while offline so it was definitely not a multi-player event (i was disconnected from my ISP at the time)

oh…and this only happened to me during my pre-patch play through and after not finding a gravelord sign, i just killed Pris, left and never went back that play through. i have no idea if this event still occurs post-patch or not, i've never tried to duplicate it in 1.5. maybe i'll do that during my fireLESS run.

There was a small discussion between myself and a couple others on here about the phantoms in painted world. Apparently it's only prepatch, or so we think, because were unable to duplicate it and considering that the patch served to make things a little easier, phantomless painted world seemed to fit. I have been able to duplicate it deleting all patches so I know it's a patch thing.

I'm busting a full kindle this time wearing the priests hat. Figured I would give it a try since petrus tells us that by kindling we'll receive unimaginable power(!!) or something like that...silly

I'll post results as they come! big grin

For what it's worth, this happened to me while I was playing post-patch a while back.
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:46 pm

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t9040-japanese-only-ps3-themes

Shabbalaba describes the Japanese themes with their Easter eggs and the interesting thing, to him too, was the subtle difference in the everlasting dragon theme. Take a look!

RNsunbro, this is interesting. I've never been able to duplicate unless I went back to prepatch status, silly. Are you sure it wasn't a residual curse?
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:01 pm

Hmm enderdragon has animations for his head and neck then that we've never seen...
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:33 pm

MudoRH wrote:https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t9040-japanese-only-ps3-themes

Shabbalaba describes the Japanese themes with their Easter eggs and the interesting thing, to him too, was the subtle difference in the everlasting dragon theme. Take a look!

RNsunbro, this is interesting. I've never been able to duplicate unless I went back to prepatch status, silly. Are you sure it wasn't a residual curse?

Heh, yeah it probably was just a residual curse. You're right.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:44 pm

OMFG.
    I tried to post 3 times and all were deleted before hitting send. Frustrating.

Basically I very neatly made an argument for why the Text dump is not at all "FULL".

I have often heard hollowed out souls say, "dude there isnt anything, dont you know they did a full text dump?". In response, I argue that its crap.

I went through the original two files that were apparently "ripped from Xbox360 Dark Souls retail copy"

Here are the original files he posted as... here is the quote:

"Oh and if you were wondering if this is fake, here's proof:

http://www.mediafire.com/?fhojxnl3iigb4rv
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ls6tw1mjjfj1wxr
    "

Well, I went through these 2 originals, basically just doing the old ctrl-f. They are not complete at all. The dialogues seem much more complete, but not the item descriptions. Really its only a partial text dump. A minor text dump actually, considering all the text actually in the game. Its a bequeathed shard of a text dump. So I argue that we should be sure to treat it as such. I had a much more pointed and interesting argument before it was deleted twice. So, just take a look for yourself. If I am wrong, then I am wrong. I had to search through all those wing-dings and whatnot so forgive me. I think it best if I just say it and put it into the incandescent sunlight and see if you disagree.

Regardless, it is an invaluable resource and we should be grateful to those who provided us with it. I simply stress that we should take it for what it is. Which is partial.

Here are some gems:

The first of the dialogues:
    UNKNOWN CHARACTER-- "He has the key. The choice is yours."
    I wonder who "he" is? Lautrec? Prob not the player character, prob not Reah.

Apparently removed Oscar dialogue:
    "A pleasure to meet you. Sage Frampt has spoken to me about you. I am Oscar of Astora. I am told that you rang the Bell of Awakening, and received the word of Frampt. That is a wonderful thing."
    Dudes on frampts side!

Anyway. I had a ton more but I am tired of re-writing.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:48 pm

fireLESS wrote:OMFG.
    I tried to post 3 times and all were deleted before hitting send. Frustrating.

Basically I very neatly made an argument for why the Text dump is not at all "FULL".

I have often heard hollowed out souls say, "dude there isnt anything, dont you know they did a full text dump?". In response, I argue that its crap.

I went through the original two files that were apparently "ripped from Xbox360 Dark Souls retail copy"

Here are the original files he posted as... here is the quote:

"Oh and if you were wondering if this is fake, here's proof:

http://www.mediafire.com/?fhojxnl3iigb4rv
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ls6tw1mjjfj1wxr
    "

Well, I went through these 2 originals, basically just doing the old ctrl-f. They are not complete at all. The dialogues seem much more complete, but not the item descriptions. Really its only a partial text dump. A minor text dump actually, considering all the text actually in the game. Its a bequeathed shard of a text dump. So I argue that we should be sure to treat it as such. I had a much more pointed and interesting argument before it was deleted twice. So, just take a look for yourself. If I am wrong, then I am wrong. I had to search through all those wing-dings and whatnot so forgive me. I think it best if I just say it and put it into the incandescent sunlight and see if you disagree.

Regardless, it is an invaluable resource and we should be grateful to those who provided us with it. I simply stress that we should take it for what it is. Which is partial.

Here are some gems:

The first of the dialogues:
    UNKNOWN CHARACTER-- "He has the key. The choice is yours."
    I wonder who "he" is? Lautrec? Prob not the player character, prob not Reah.

Apparently removed Oscar dialogue:
    "A pleasure to meet you. Sage Frampt has spoken to me about you. I am Oscar of Astora. I am told that you rang the Bell of Awakening, and received the word of Frampt. That is a wonderful thing."
    Dudes on frampts side!

Anyway. I had a ton more but I am tired of re-writing.
    Oscar actually has dialog both for Frampt and the other serpent. In the end, he either fights you for helping Frampt and bringing abou the age of fire, or for trying to become the dark lord. This was scrapped content though.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:51 pm

I think when Lautrec leaves firelink momentarily, he must be going down into the catacombs. Seems like whatever goes down, down there, has to do with:
    Rhea and Petrus, Patches, Lautrec.

The only way Patches and Lautrec would meet is if he goes down either BEFORE we free him, or if he goes down in that moment he disappears from firelink before killing the keeper.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:52 pm

Ahh, okay. So Oscar is just along for the ride! LOL. Gotcha.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:11 pm

The rite of kindling is why reah went down there, maybe lautrec goes down there for it too....

Maybe if you extinguish all the fires except the e dragons and then kindle it to full ittl blow up in his big face. happy
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:18 pm

Eolan wrote:The rite of kindling is why reah went down there, maybe lautrec goes down there for it too....

Maybe if you extinguish all the fires except the e dragons and then kindle it to full ittl blow up in his big face. happy

I stood there at the Edragon on my first game for about an hour pondering this. I wussed out. Kindling is against the grain for that character. Didn't feel right. It does make a bit of sense though, sort of placing a vote for the Edragon on one hand, and perhaps bowing him up with unstable fires. Lol. That would be a beautiful sight.
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:21 pm

fireLESS wrote:
    Eolan wrote:The rite of kindling is why reah went down there, maybe lautrec goes down there for it too....

I stood there at the Edragon on my first game for about an hour pondering this. I wussed out. Kindling is against the grain for that character. Didn't feel right. It does make a bit of sense though, sort of placing a vote for the Edragon on one hand, and perhaps bowing him up with unstable fires. Lol. That would be a beautiful sight.

Doesn't that wooden nest thing the dragon is perched on seem like it could be kindling for a fire? I always thought it would catch fire and burn the dragon
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:26 pm

Time to burn that guy to the ground, any takers?

Well, time to create another character... .
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:28 pm

fireLESS wrote:Time to burn that guy to the ground, any takers?

Well, time to create another character... .

I'm down to give it another go. What exactly are you going to do? I can try to emulate your playthrough.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:39 pm

Ya know, the kindling that the drgon sits on, roughly looks like the altar for the vessel.
    Mudo, maybe you should do something slightly different than me, but with the same endgame of burning the dragon before placing the vessel. That way we cover more ground. We can worry about repeatability later. Or you can do the same thing. Of course, your better than me so really I will be trailin you, so I don't mind. I'm excited!
    Here's my thought on this run:
    Deprived male. No nothing. Trying to consider my "path" now. I think I will leave all firekeeper souls where they are. I will level up at firekeeper fires. keep Lautrec alive. Kill all useless NPCs even Petrus and Rhea and patches.
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:57 pm

Deprived, hmm. Is it going to be a naked run? I'm willing to contrast paths. I was thinking about leaving the firekeeper souls alone as well. If you want just detail what you plan and ill differ in approach, but still try to take out the dragon! big grin
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:06 pm

So I'm doing a no bonfire run as well. I started off as a wanderer and took the pendant as my starting gift (really regretting that now, as the master key would have been really helpful). I'm currently in the depths. I freed Laurtec and summoned him for the gargoyles. He's just chillin in firelink right now. I'm going to summon him again for the Gaping Dragon (summoning him may not even be relevant). I haven't joined any covenant either. All NPCs are alive at this point.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:18 pm

Homeward bone:
    "bonfires are fueled by the bones of the undead".
    Hmmm. Never noticed that before..
    "The bone fragment reduced to white ash."

Reminds me of ash lake...
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:45 pm

Well, there goes my no death run... again...haha
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:54 pm

fireLESS wrote:Well, there goes my no death run... again...haha

There is no way I could do a no death run but kudos to anyone that can.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:13 am

I completed NG+++ today, nothing different that I could see, this time I did do something different, I visited the Everlasting Dragon and beat on him a little, nothing else was specially different, no Estus, no Bonfires at all (other than Lordvessel). I'm still pleased I found that Lloyd's Talisman, but I can't seem to replicate it. I was in Way of White.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:47 am

There seems to be a trend in this thread about killing the fire and how it affects NG+ and such. I thought up a theory a while back about how your character retains his "memory" (spells and equipment) of the game when nobody else does. If anybody wants to read it, you can find it at the middle of this page or in the spoiler below.

(Bear with it, it refers to some earlier posts and is written like a lecture, if I remember correctly.)

Spoiler:
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:26 am

That was a very insightful read. Thanks for posting that.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:19 pm

Yes a nice read. Really seems to support the extinguish theory. I know i have said it before, but I think we should be looking at an end game that is prior to defeating Gwyn, and maybe even prior to placing the vessel. Probably in NG+...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:09 am