Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+49
Lancelot
Sorrow95
GrinTwist
IV_Mark_VI
Shkar
RNsunbro
Nybbles
Chr0m3
Phantasmio
Knight Alundil
Aces ovr Eights
Aramat_857
DigitaLinsanitY
matthewm7
Cynic
Bloodios
ICEFANG
tofucactaur
Darkson
Jorund
bmurn
Shabbalaba
Scirvir
Doelker
Lachsfilet
Ghadis_God
RandelOolacile
befowler
Eolan
dead_boy
roomsixteen
baby_beavis
VinheimProfessor
Rynn
Bold berthold
Dark Souls PRO
Green__Eagle
ublug
Gawain
DoughGuy
WyrmHero
BoilerFan8472
swordiris
skarekrow13
Tolvo
Isirith
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
JoeBroski09
fireLESS
53 posters

Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run

Jorund
    Addicted
    Addicted

Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run - Page 18 Empty Re: Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run

Post by Jorund Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:46 am

That's a very good point, sir. And thank you.

Also, since we've been discussing Lautrec so much... thoughts on the significance of his giving you a sunlight medal if you free him?
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run - Page 18 Empty Re: Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run

Post by RandelOolacile Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:36 am

Jorund wrote:That's a very good point, sir. And thank you.

Also, since we've been discussing Lautrec so much... thoughts on the significance of his giving you a sunlight medal if you free him?

I wonder about this too! He's clearly not a sunbro, he glows the typical white color instead of the grossly incandescent yellow/gold of the sunbro. Why would he gift you a sunlight medal?
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:09 am

To say we're in this together... And that the covenants are bullshet.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:20 am

Lautrec gives you a sunlight medal because he knows you are allies with solaire, and so presumed you will have the same goals.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:33 am

Rynn wrote:Lautrec gives you a sunlight medal because he knows you are allies with solaire, and so presumed you will have the same goals.

He must have summoned a sun bro for one of his boss fights, or he does put signs down and helped a sunbro ouy. Maybe if you don't save him, it's a sunbro who does.

It's weird he gives us that. Weird that Petrus gives us that old man coin too.

Last edited by fireLESS on Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:38 am

I think petrus' old man coin is an obsolete covenant system cut from the game...
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:49 am

Okay, I get your point Eolan. The gold coin showing Allfather Lloyd with his "white halo" (WoW covenant).
    I agree it could be vestige remnants of a covenant system abandoned. I think that even so we can glean some useful knowledge about the Lore off these old coins.

For instance, it says right on the description of all the coins. "Those who dream of returning to the outside world are fond of carrying these around." Now, the easiest way to get a coin, Im sure everyone knows, is by talking to Petrus. He chokes it up as a token of goodwill. I have been somewhat under the impression that Petrus dreams of returning. I.E> He has the stargate wormhole or at least things it is possible. Ya know, the whole Killin rhea thing (assuming it WAS NOT Lautrec.)
    So after contemplating all this twisted lore that we dont really understand I decided to focus my energy on Old Man McLoyf and Allfather Lloyd.

Can anyone explain these guys to me? I was under the impression that Allfather Lloyd was/is the UNCLE of Lord Gwyn. I also thought that Lord Gwyn was born in Lordran. Yet the gold coin speaks of value in an "outside world". Did Lloyd come to Lordran with his brother, during the time of the greatarch trees and Edragons? Then his brother slept with anastacia or something? Or did he come to Lordran after his newphew Gwyn had already become Lord of Lordran. Maybe he hasnt even been in Lordran!
    Or, and this is the kicker for me, was he the Lord before Lord Gwyn, perhaps the older abandoned church of Andre was Allfather Lloyd's church.

Has anyone figured out the Lore of these guys?

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:28 pm

So I just finally got through everything, got back to everyone being dead, all bonfires put out, etc etc... so I went off an bought one of those really crappy cameras from the store to go get some evidence, and when I tried to light that bonfire, it actually lit up this time. So I'm done, I almost threw my controller through my TV when it didn't give me that unstable message again, and I don't want to play this game anymore. I'll be back in a week or so most likely, but for now, this is just too much. I think we can all just go home now.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:22 pm

Crazy frustrating. Sorry my friend, it's a crazy world Lordran. We have all suffered harsh losses. You deserve a break, and a medal.
    Here, take a sunlight medal.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:38 pm

You give her a medal?

I'll one-up you and give her a pony. :00042: silly
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:09 pm

Still nothing for me. This time I killed Lautrec, twice, as I explained earlier, but everything else is the same for me. Not sure if I should keep going. The frustrating part about this run is that it could be something super small and seemingly inconsequential that must be done at a specific time to trigger a change, but since we don't know it were lost. sad
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:11 pm

Fuuuukit braziers round 2...? sad

Rynn c'mon now promise us you saw it...

The cool thing about this game is that stuff like this is more interesting than any game mechanic, the detective side of things as it was referred to by my dear dear friend "backdoor Dim"... Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run - Page 18 3596227959
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:20 pm

Eolan wrote:Fuuuukit braziers round 2...? sad

The cool thing about this game is that stuff like this is more interesting than any game mechanic, the detective side of things as it was referred to by my dear dear friend "backdoor Dim"... Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run - Page 18 3596227959
    I swear, I'd wager all my rep and my builds on it...
    No backstab fishing though. tongue
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:27 pm

Rynn wrote:

Rynns words were golden from the beginning. I just wish I knew what we were missing. :/
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:55 pm

MudoRH wrote:
    Rynn wrote:

Rynns words were golden from the beginning. I just wish I knew what we were missing. :/

I keep thinking the same thing. What are we missing? Why in the world would there be programming like that?? Who would do that to us? It has to be repeatable. Reports of pendants in chests and talisman on bodies and just the sheer fact that it plays really nicely tells me we are so close.

Could it be tied to humanity somehow? The release pic, Lautrec likes humanity, afterall. There's all this stuff about not having a need for humanity while alive but, finding the need as undead. And how it asks questions like, what is the difference between humanity, and the humanity in ourselves.

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:59 pm

fireLESS wrote:
    MudoRH wrote:
    Rynn wrote:

I keep thinking the same thing. What are we missing? Why in the world would there be programming like that?? Who would do that to us? It has to be repeatable. Reports of pendants in chests and talisman on bodies and just the sheer fact that it plays really nicely tells me we are so close.

Could it be tied to humanity somehow? The release pic, Lautrec likes humanity, afterall. There's all this stuff about not having a need for humanity while alive but, finding the need as undead. And how it asks questions like, what is the difference between humanity, and the humanity in ourselves.

For the record, I genuinely believe the pendant being in that chest was a bug.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:41 pm

Hmmm a chest that's supposed to be empty? Nah that takes active programming its surely no bug. Plus it explains why there's a *** empty chest lol
    Scirvir

Post by Scirvir Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:51 pm

Quick thought: Is it possible to use the Black Separation Crystal to back out of invading Lautrec?
    Jorund
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jorund Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:01 pm

Eolan wrote:Hmmm a chest that's supposed to be empty? Nah that takes active programming its surely no bug. Plus it explains why there's a *** empty chest lol

Well, there's also (to a degree) speculation that, if you miss the maiden set in the Archives that it's there. I've never personally had that happen though, though I've heard others on here confirm it.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:31 am

Eolan wrote:Hmmm a chest that's supposed to be empty? Nah that takes active programming its surely no bug. Plus it explains why there's a *** empty chest lol

Absolutely agree. I know a bit of programming. I'm no expert, to be sure. But I know enough to know that something like a talisman or a pendant out of place would be specific. To choose say, a pendant instead of a wardrobe takes thought. Bugs def dont put random items in random places. It does not happen randomly. The only way it could happen randomly is if they set out to make it random. I.E. not a bug. The randomness can be programmed. Programmers struggle to create pure "randomness". In fact, true random is prob the hardest thing to program.
    Absolutely no way these occurrence happen at random. Maybe they planned on random generation of items in random empty chests. Just to screw with us. That would be so mean to the point of pure sadism.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:42 am

I call shenanigans.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:59 am

Where's Officer Barbrady when you need him....
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:02 am

skarekrow13 wrote:Where's Officer Barbrady when you need him....

Yes!
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:40 pm

Hmm brazier shenanigans...
    Phantasmio
    Phantasmio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Phantasmio Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:23 pm

I've been following this since the beginning and I also got sick of lurking.
    Check out all these lore videos by this fellow, EpicNameBro. He has a lot of good ideas and theories on everything lore wise in the game. Here is a playlist of all the videos he has made. Please give it a look and utilize it to further your ideas on the bonfires. In the first video, I highly agree with his idea on the pendant, which you can hear about in his first video. Just igve em a look guys! https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4825DBA198EBE9B9&feature=plcp

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 8:51 am