Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+49
Lancelot
Sorrow95
GrinTwist
IV_Mark_VI
Shkar
RNsunbro
Nybbles
Chr0m3
Phantasmio
Knight Alundil
Aces ovr Eights
Aramat_857
DigitaLinsanitY
matthewm7
Cynic
Bloodios
ICEFANG
tofucactaur
Darkson
Jorund
bmurn
Shabbalaba
Scirvir
Doelker
Lachsfilet
Ghadis_God
RandelOolacile
befowler
Eolan
dead_boy
roomsixteen
baby_beavis
VinheimProfessor
Rynn
Bold berthold
Dark Souls PRO
Green__Eagle
ublug
Gawain
DoughGuy
WyrmHero
BoilerFan8472
swordiris
skarekrow13
Tolvo
Isirith
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
JoeBroski09
fireLESS
53 posters

Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run

Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run - Page 19 Empty Re: Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run

Post by Eolan Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:25 pm

We all know about epicnamebro, and i for one follow his series pretty closely winking
    Phantasmio
    Phantasmio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run - Page 19 Empty Re: Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run

Post by Phantasmio Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:46 pm

Just had to make sure! I just found out about this recently from a lore addict friend of mine XD
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:15 pm

Thats cool dude i was posting about it when i found him too. winking

Im keeping an eye on this thread but rynn your making me feel very doubtful about both the pendant in gwyndolins chest* and the Unstable Bonfire. Where you dreaming happy

*I think the painting in anor londo, the portrait of young gwyndolin, depicts him holding a pendant which is why im as intrigued as ever...
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:22 pm

Thanks dude! I'll check these out. I think the idea is out there now. I will continue extinguishing these fires to the best of my ability. If something is there, we will find it. It's just a matter of time.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:59 pm

I understand ^-^
    I'm done with lore for a while now, I've been in the forest PvPing since, and i think i've had enough lore hunting for many days now.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:03 pm

Rynn wrote:I understand ^-^
    I'm done with lore for a while now, I've been in the forest PvPing since, and i think i've had enough lore hunting for many days now.

Sometimes mindless killing is just what the mind hungers for. twisted
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:20 pm

Lautrec upon invading him in NG+

"Here we go again!How many of these lambs must rush to the slaughter?"

Don't know how relevant this is.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:25 am

Hmmm the "again" dialogues have been reported by rynn so at least that's confirmed by another player... Though to be honest are you sure he doesn't just say that to first timers too?
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:41 am

He may say that to first timers but he also has other dialogue which I usualy hear. something like:

"blah blah blah, i thought you were smarter, something about moth to a flame blah blah blah"

Clearly, i'm a lore buff.
    baby_beavis
    baby_beavis
    Regular
    Regular

Post by baby_beavis Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:08 am

wasn't rynn's "again" from freeing him in parish? not invading him?
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:41 am

baby_beavis wrote:wasn't rynn's "again" from freeing him in parish? not invading him?

Yes it was. I have heard him saying that upon invading him. It is an interesting line though. Is it a hint to keep him alive? Implying we are on the same team. Or is it just a scared Lautrec, sick of being invaded?
    baby_beavis
    baby_beavis
    Regular
    Regular

Post by baby_beavis Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:54 am

I think that one is just saying "here we go again; here comes another moth, pawn, etc". That one's just normal i think. Unlike the parish one.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:02 pm

Yeh but if we're getting into the lore here then that would assume that Lautrec has had other "chosen undeads" invade him, if you know what I mean? It's as if he knows whats really going on. I'm also surprised after reading the text dumps at how many characters are actually from Carim. It seems as if they have some massive plan going on in Lordran and I assume it's connected.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:17 pm

I know what you mean. They are obviously up to something.
    I freed Laurec from the parish in NG+, no "again". I'll let him live from now on, killing Rhea immediately. Perhaps seeing the word in NG++ as Rynn did. Keep investigating the Lore, seems key to me.
    Tied to humanity perhaps. Lautrec seems thirsty for it, he obviously uses it to help with his boss fights!
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:24 pm

To be honest i wouldn't be surprised if the game had a different setup after a certain amount of ng+'s... Just seems logical, if this were a snes game you'd be sure finishing all the difficulties would gain some acknowledgment or reward. Maybe keep lautrec alive right through to ng7...
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:49 pm

And maybe also killing patches in the catacombs. lautrec does say, "have u heard of a man named patches?" and something about swearing to kill him.

Edit- I just thought of a funny idea. Killing patches and leaving the pendant on his body.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:19 pm

An elaborate plan:

What if the bells are actually signals to one another? Obviously they are, but I mean they signal Lautrec, for instance. The bell behind the Chaos witch a signal that we killed the firekeeper there, then we go to the parish, the bell is a signal to lautec, signaling to kill the firekeeper there, at the shrine. Just a thought.
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:16 pm

fireLESS wrote:An elaborate plan:

What if the bells are actually signals to one another? Obviously they are, but I mean they signal Lautrec, for instance. The bell behind the Chaos witch a signal that we killed the firekeeper there, then we go to the parish, the bell is a signal to lautec, signaling to kill the firekeeper there, at the shrine. Just a thought.

Interesting thought. I always thought that the bells were to wake the sleeping serpent frampt; "bells of awakening," and all. I'm done with my ng+ and nothing changed. I'm gonna have to move to uchi +15 cause my fire uchi just ain't cutting it anymore! I'm curious with the Lautrec stuff. I know both patches and Lautrec talk about each other and patches speaks ill of petrus also. Lautrec speaks of him, but depending on the players perception he could be speaking ill or just stating the obvious, silly.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:40 pm

Yes, Lautrec is very interesting. I keep thinking that Patches must have tricked Lautrec in the catacombs or in ToG and Lautrec escaped or something (like maybe it was patches that trapped him and we saved him). Ringing the bell triggers Lautrec to kill the firekeeper. Also triggers the serpents mission to throw you off with "chosen undead" nonsense.

When does Rhea show up if I avoid the depths? Never? I got the idea to just hold her quest back from another thread, posted a few days ago. I rang both bells and I am heading to New Londo with no Rhea at all. Can I beat the game without even seeing her?
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:02 pm

I think a while ago something like that happened to me. I tend to skip the depths only stepping in for the ember and laurentious. I don't remember seeing rhea or her buddies and petrus just kept asking me if I changed my mind about joining the covenant. silly
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:37 am

Ive got rhea alive and well at the firekeeper shrine, even though i found her corpse in seaths... Im lookin at gwyn and shes still back at the parish chilling...
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:09 am

Eolan wrote:Ive got rhea alive and well at the firekeeper shrine, even though i found her corpse in seaths... Im lookin at gwyn and shes still back at the parish chilling...

Zombies!!!!
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:10 am

Wait... so when everyone talks about reah moving to seath's... they're talking about the corpse with the maiden set on it? :| Cause if they are then ***.... I really never thought that was Rhea and I don't now lol
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:15 am

Rhea can turn hollow and be in the cell you find Logan
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:22 am

skarekrow13 wrote:Rhea can turn hollow and be in the cell you find Logan

Ah. Good. happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:59 am