Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+49
Lancelot
Sorrow95
GrinTwist
IV_Mark_VI
Shkar
RNsunbro
Nybbles
Chr0m3
Phantasmio
Knight Alundil
Aces ovr Eights
Aramat_857
DigitaLinsanitY
matthewm7
Cynic
Bloodios
ICEFANG
tofucactaur
Darkson
Jorund
bmurn
Shabbalaba
Scirvir
Doelker
Lachsfilet
Ghadis_God
RandelOolacile
befowler
Eolan
dead_boy
roomsixteen
baby_beavis
VinheimProfessor
Rynn
Bold berthold
Dark Souls PRO
Green__Eagle
ublug
Gawain
DoughGuy
WyrmHero
BoilerFan8472
swordiris
skarekrow13
Tolvo
Isirith
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
JoeBroski09
fireLESS
53 posters

Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run

Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run - Page 9 Empty Re: Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run

Post by Eolan Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:20 pm

Eg

Have you a pendant on this runthrough?

What Ng + are you? How many firekeepers have you killed, and are you doing identical run throughs for each Ng+? Starting class? Lordvessel status, anor londo status and Priscilla status. Are you running similar to fireLESS? We need to get his game world to see the "bonfire unstable" message. happy
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run - Page 9 Empty Re: Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run

Post by fireLESS Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:24 pm

Rynn wrote:
    Eolan wrote:Oh miyazaki has insisted on several occasions that the pendant has a large significance, but players may only discover what that is in subsequent play-throughs. When the question is posed again he just shrugs and grins kinda thing... Could be a troll but you have found something very significant, ive been keeping my eyes on the dark souls lore, i know something big is on its way, and i have never heard of the fire going "unstable".

Could you p.m me some of the conditions or post em here?
    conditions? I don't understand the question, but I'll help any way possible.

and sorry for the slow replies, I'm trying to kill The lord of cinders again...

Ryan, did you light ANY fires ever? First playthru's and everything.
    We also should test it on a situation where most the fires are lit but not one fire.

Also, does the fact that it is the bonfire at the top of the great hollow have significance? MANY questions need answering.
    Regardless, the game wants to put those fires out.
    MAYBE, it will go unstable in front of that dragon! Or maybe it will just go out altogether in NG++++++.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:31 pm

Bonfire is unstable? What?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:34 pm

Lord of Cinders becomes really annoying when a single hit takes away 140 stamina with an Eagle Shield.... (died again)
    I have never lit any bonfires, nor kindled any, barring the Lord Vessle which auto-kindles itself.
    My Estus flask is fully reinforced.
    You can't light any bonfires on the first playthrough, or they remain lit in all future playthroughs :|
    I don't know if that particular fire was of any importance... every single bonfire looked just as dead to me, but I didn't bother trying to light them to not *** anything up. I did try to light the fire above the great hollow twice and got the message, twice.

I'm also just doing this for fun, I'm not expecting anything to happen.

OH! My starting gift was the Pendant.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:35 pm

Rynn wrote:
    fireLESS wrote:I KILLED another fire keeper. The ONLY remaining fire is now stone cold steve dragon.

I am convinced these unlit bonfires are getting smaller. Absolutely convinced. Can someone else confirm this? For instance, when Lautrec kills the firekeeper, do the flames visible in the UNLINKED fires get smaller?
    I have put out every single fire in my world now, I am on NG+++... the unlit bonfires no longer glow, and in fact, when I accidentally tried to light one, I got the message "The Bonfire is unstable" and it just went back out immediately.

So now I just have to ask, has anyone seen this before? What the *** just happened?

This is critical people! Unlit bonfires getting smaller? Going unstable after killing firekeepers in NG+++?
    THIS IS IT!
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:36 pm

Rynn wrote:Lord of Cinders becomes really annoying when a single hit takes away 140 stamina with an Eagle Shield.... (died again)
    I have never lit any bonfires, nor kindled any, barring the Lord Vessle which auto-kindles itself.
    My Estus flask is fully reinforced.
    You can't light any bonfires on the first playthrough, or they remain lit in all future playthroughs :|
    I don't know if that particular fire was of any importance... every single bonfire looked just as dead to me, but I didn't bother trying to light them to not *** anything up. I did try to light the fire above the great hollow twice and got the message, twice.

I'm also just doing this for fun, I'm not expecting anything to happen.

OH! My starting gift was the Pendant.

Looks like this is where I am heading then... Still. Bonfires becoming unstable is freaking remarkable.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:37 pm

You two need to cross refernce your playthroughs closely. happy Rynn you may have found something big...
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:37 pm

fireLESS wrote:
    Rynn wrote:
    fireLESS wrote:I KILLED another fire keeper. The ONLY remaining fire is now stone cold steve dragon.

I am convinced these unlit bonfires are getting smaller. Absolutely convinced. Can someone else confirm this? For instance, when Lautrec kills the firekeeper, do the flames visible in the UNLINKED fires get smaller?
    I have put out every single fire in my world now, I am on NG+++... the unlit bonfires no longer glow, and in fact, when I accidentally tried to light one, I got the message "The Bonfire is unstable" and it just went back out immediately.

So now I just have to ask, has anyone seen this before? What the *** just happened?

This is critical people! Unlit bonfires getting smaller? Going unstable after killing firekeepers in NG+++?
    THIS IS IT!
    You're hyping things too much, I'd have to compare the fires very careully to say they are really getting smaller. The unstable bonfires... I've got questions about that.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:38 pm

This makes me sad. sad

We're systematically removing all the mystery from the game. Prostration
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:41 pm

It's been haunting me since I've read the unstable fire thing. I could swear I either saw it myself or someone brought it up here but for the life of me can't recall anything. I could just be loony too (the more likely option actually).
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:43 pm

I like the hype! I do think I can see the difference between an unlit bonfire before killing a firekeeper and afterwards. It appears duller. As you said, in your game they are hardly even glowing anymore. They do get smaller.
    This means there is a connection from bonfire to bonfire and they get duller! This is HUGE!
    HYPE BABY! HYPE!
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:45 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:It's been haunting me since I've read the unstable fire thing. I could swear I either saw it myself or someone brought it up here but for the life of me can't recall anything. I could just be loony too (the more likely option actually).

I felt the EXACT same way. I think it DID happen to me on my first playthrough the first time I ever played. I THINK that I killed a firekeeper and saw this message at the extinguished firekeepers fire.
    Could that be where it is normally seen?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:46 pm

fireLESS wrote:
    skarekrow13 wrote:It's been haunting me since I've read the unstable fire thing. I could swear I either saw it myself or someone brought it up here but for the life of me can't recall anything. I could just be loony too (the more likely option actually).

I felt the EXACT same way. I think it DID happen to me on my first playthrough the first time I ever played. I THINK that I killed a firekeeper and saw this message at the extinguished firekeepers fire.
    Could that be where it is normally seen?
    The message is "Bonfire Cannot be lit while the firekeeper is absent"
    Loosely quoted.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:50 pm

Rynn is such a tricky girl, now she's got everyone in a tizzy.

I love it. lol

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-YTNBVE7SxV8/TW-YXQFB90I/AAAAAAAAAdo/C2cebb8huGg/brain.jpg
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:54 pm

Okay, I was wrong about ALL the fires appearing duller. It looks like the bonfire at the top of the hollow is def. duller, but that other unlit fires are less changed than that one.

Why would this one bonfire be duller than usual? This is the same fire that you tried lighting by mistake and it said "bonfire is unstable?"
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:17 pm

Also is the player character a firekeeper, as they relight the unlit ones and noone seems to be keepin em lit?
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:24 pm

Eolan wrote:Also is the player character a firekeeper, as they relight the unlit ones and noone seems to be keepin em lit?

I think the normal player and Rhea is doing Gwyn's bidding by lighting the unlit ones and kindling them. SO in that sense we are like a versatile firekeeper, we dont stay over one but we light many.

UPDATE:
    Stray demon is dead. Every boss I can kill is dead, every firekeeer I can kill is dead. prior to placing the vessel.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:32 pm

Anyone who has info on the unstable bonfire thing please speak up. This is extremely interesting to me..

Also, anybody have any thoughts on eating firekeeper souls? What should I do with these things? I have 6 now. The 7th is in Dukes Archives.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:01 pm

Just hold still and stay in touch with rynn, try and pool ideas. You dont wanna have to start again.

Btw xbox or ps3?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:07 pm

I just went to NG ++++ (just parry spammed Gwyn, before anyone asks) and it seems to me I might have a problem? upon returning to firelink and sitting down, it only gave me 5 flasks.
    That's half as many as 10, and I've no clue why. (Actually I got a good clue, I just can't confirm anything)
    So... 5 flasks now...
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:08 pm

The gods are trying to stop you rynn...
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:10 pm

Upon dying that bonfire started awarding 10 again. So must have been a bug.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:16 pm

xbox so we can use jolly coop.

I am thinking about the intro and what weapons I would use. Here is a list. I know we have thought about the intro before and killing the dragon. Here is my version of it. May need tweeking. If I do get coop help, this is what I am talking about:

Nito. Death and Disease
    1)Gravelord sword "miasma of death exudes from the sword."
    2)Toxic mist or something for "disease"?

Gwyn.
    3)Sunlight spear "In the war that marked the dawn of the Age of Fire, Gwyn wielded these rays of sunlight, which remains fierce even as they fade"

Witches
    4)Fire Tempest "the tempestuous raging flames resemble those summoned by the daughters of chaos"

Pygmy
    Helped in the battle? Not sure what it used or what it was or if it even matters... Could be priscillas dagger upgraded...

Seath_ "and seath betrayed his own"
    5) Moonlight greatsword "This sword, one of the rare dragon weapons, came from the tail of Seath the Scaleless, the pale white dragon who betrayed his own."
    "Seath is the grandfather of sorcery, and this sword is imbued with his magic, which shall be unleashed as a wave of moonlight."

6) Crystal soul spear, "Sorcery boosted by the knowledge Logan acquired at the Regal Archives. Fire piercing crystal soul spear.
    These pale magic spears, sharpened through crystallization, are on par with the armaments of the ancient lords"

7) White dragon breath, "Sorcery developed by Logan during his infatuation with Seath the Scaleless. Emit crystal breath of Seath the Scaleless. Although it no longer causes curses, what madness caused old Big Hat to appropriate this frightful power of the ancient dragons?"

Any thoughts on these?

Last edited by fireLESS on Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:20 pm

White Dragon Breath?
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:28 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:White Dragon Breath?

Good call. I edited that in.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:22 pm