Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
WorldSlayerPIKA
Federally
skarekrow13
Serious_Much
Mustaklaki
RANT
dwx
dancash1808
FruitPunchNinja
WyrmHero
Tolvo
JoeBroski09
Extertionist
Forum Pirate
DamageCK
Delvanoc
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Imarreteet23
DoughGuy
Tarkkus
24 posters

Backstab...

WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Backstab... - Page 2 Empty Re: Backstab...

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue May 29, 2012 9:08 pm

Mustaklaki wrote:They really weren't thinking right when they implemented the Hornets Ring and Backstabs being the exact same from a Dagger and a Ultra Greatsword.

Hitbox should be incredibly smaller for any heavy weapon backstabs, and hornet's ring damage reduced for those.

Hell, the Bandit's Knife w/ Hornets doesn't outdamage a BKGA with Hornets, and a BKGA is a lot more useful in other combat (and a lot more nooby to use)

Preaching to the choir, buddy, preaching to the choir...
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue May 29, 2012 9:29 pm

Bite me. Lol
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue May 29, 2012 9:35 pm

Bow Shrug lol!
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed May 30, 2012 4:53 am

I'm annoyed with FROM's implementation of the BS but not the players that use them. I wish the BS hit box was smaller, wish the damage was less and don't understand how someone wielding a massive weapon that has a 10 second startup animation can be fast enough to grab me like that but those are all problems with FROM not players. In the end I prefer arranged duels with no BS but I'm okay with BS as part of normal PvP.

I only get mad when players taunt after a fight because usually taunters are using cheap tactics the game allows and then acting like tough **** after and it bugs me.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Wed May 30, 2012 8:18 am

Hmm personally purely from a suspension of disbelief perspective I think they should have some kind of penalty to their damage when I am wearing a shield on my back!
    WorldSlayerPIKA
    WorldSlayerPIKA
    Regular
    Regular

Post by WorldSlayerPIKA Wed May 30, 2012 11:02 am

Backstab is my most common death!

Anyway: Backstab is a game mechanic, just like being able to wear armor. Player need to accept that. (I am in process of accepting this.... it’s hard… If I could, I would deny Backstabs! )

I really don’t like BS because I want a fair fight. For me its not fair that one wins a fight due to one single, so called critical, Back Stab hit. True, Backstabbing has to do something with skill; one needs to get behind a player and Backstab him. But it also needs skill to hit an enemy without Backstab; one needs the correct timing, probably lure the enemy to faults!!! I think that a player should not be punished, respectively should not be killed, because of only one fault. Normally faults are striking and not hitting, hence being off guard for a moment or using too much stamina – But such a normal fault does usually not lead to an instant death. And then we know that players can specialize in doing solely Backstabs and therefore have pretty good chances to land backstabs and therefore have high succeed rate. While a “normal / not backstab focused” player usually fights longer and with more endurance than one searching, provoking, fishing for a backstab, such a player focuses only on one thing, while a “normal / not backstab focused” player has a greater variety of fighting which makes a fight, In my opinion, more interesting than only BS-War.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed May 30, 2012 11:04 am

^ Didn't you post this in Forum_pirate's thread? Haha!
    Yeah, I get ya. Dueling in the burg is all about getting a good backstab. Which makes me kinda mad because people can get really good and defending from a BS and BS someone else. I just try to defense. (Kinda given up on learning how to BS well haha!) but it doesn't always work out for me. Or, rather, it rarely does.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed May 30, 2012 11:05 am

I just wish FROM would refine the backstab mechanics for PvP. The game just isn't balanced thoroughly for PvP.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed May 30, 2012 11:07 am

Federally wrote:I just wish FROM would refine the backstab mechanics for PvP. The game just isn't balanced thoroughly for PvP.
    I think it should be reduced to a smaller #. I don't mind getting repeatedly BS'ed because it feels like they just simply got a free hit in. Nothing wrong with that. They got behind me. Ya know?
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed May 30, 2012 11:12 am

BS damage should be reduced, but I generally think PvP damage should be reduced across the board. They should also make them a tad harder to land with a smaller hit box and lastly figure out how to make them fit better with the network code or improve the network code to reduce this lagstab phenomena.

I just want more balancing done.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed May 30, 2012 11:15 am

Federally wrote:BS damage should be reduced, but I generally think PvP damage should be reduced across the board. They should also make them a tad harder to land with a smaller hit box and lastly figure out how to make them fit better with the network code or improve the network code to reduce this lagstab phenomena.

I just want more balancing done.
    Ahh. I believe we all would. But this game isn't based off it's multiplayer like CoD. People buy DkS for its 1p aspect
    Kalliros
    Kalliros

Post by Kalliros Wed May 30, 2012 11:29 am

... soooo, what do you guys mean with "Backstab fishing"? Is it running around the person and suddenly connecting a backstab?
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Wed May 30, 2012 11:31 am

Why attack when you can circle till the connection blips.
    why drop your shield when you can just wait for your opponent to do ANYTHING
    and circle for the kill.
    thats backstab fishing. circling is fine if they are still fighting mind you the best way to fish seems to be with a buddy :/
    Kalliros
    Kalliros

Post by Kalliros Wed May 30, 2012 11:36 am

Oh, then I pretty much detests petty backstabs in this manner then big grin
    I enjoy a good and fair fight, and now that I have started a new character, being invaded constantly by red bb glitchers is a severe pain in the ***, especially since most don't even try to fight an already easy match - they just run around me and suddenly I get backstabbed... sigh
    WorldSlayerPIKA
    WorldSlayerPIKA
    Regular
    Regular

Post by WorldSlayerPIKA Wed May 30, 2012 11:53 am

JoeBroski09 wrote:^ Didn't you post this in Forum_pirate's thread? Haha!
    Yeah, I get ya. Dueling in the burg is all about getting a good backstab. Which makes me kinda mad because people can get really good and defending from a BS and BS someone else. I just try to defense. (Kinda given up on learning how to BS well haha!) but it doesn't always work out for me. Or, rather, it rarely does.

Yeah! You caught me happy Obviously my text fits far better in this thread; coincidence someone had the nuts to open a pure Backstab thread 8)

Counter to BS Fisher is usually walking back, isn't it? But I think you need to move fast?!
    I am still trying/ getting used to counter BS with walking in clockwise opposite direction then enemy. Timing is the big challenge!!! However! This technique shows some interesting results and clarifies the game mechanic a lot! Next step is to learn to fight without DWGR and take a step back when enemy is in process to BS you; This counter looks awesome and is pretty surprising!
    I don't want to improve my BS skill, but how to counter BS!

BS Fisher: someone focused only on Backstab, usually not attempting to strike you but circling around and waiting to hit that BS!
    MsCherryBlossom
    MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MsCherryBlossom Wed May 30, 2012 12:06 pm

Why is someone always saying "this wont end well" in the 2nd reply of discussion threads? Shut up already.

On topic, I personally have nothing against them. Part of the game, and if you can counter them then you're okay when someone tries them against you. I don't see why some call doing it cheating at all.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed May 30, 2012 12:11 pm

My personal favorite counter to the BS fisher is my Scythe, the R2 is a 360 degree attack. So they get hit when they go for the BS which does damage or interrupts the BS. Even better the 2H R2 is a 720 degree attack so if they dodge the first and move back in that Scythe is coming back around!

Or just back up to a wall, that always frustrates the **** out of fishers.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed May 30, 2012 12:13 pm

MsCherryBlossom wrote:Why is someone always saying "this wont end well" in the 2nd reply of discussion threads? Shut up already.
    Don't be blaming them because they're afraid. Fear's nasty, and can make man do CRAAAAZY things.

Federally wrote:My personal favorite counter to the BS fisher is my Scythe, the R2 is a 360 degree attack. So they get hit when they go for the BS which does damage or interrupts the BS. Even better the 2H R2 is a 720 degree attack so if they dodge the first and move back in that Scythe is coming back around!

Hehehehehe. I love backing up into a wall while they're fishing, starting up a fire temptest. They try to go for a bs, then suddenly I'm against a wall. twisted Boom.

Last edited by JoeBroski09 on Wed May 30, 2012 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kalliros
    Kalliros

Post by Kalliros Wed May 30, 2012 12:14 pm

Federally wrote:My personal favorite counter to the BS fisher is my Scythe, the R2 is a 360 degree attack. So they get hit when they go for the BS which does damage or interrupts the BS. Even better the 2H R2 is a 720 degree attack so if they dodge the first and move back in that Scythe is coming back around!

Would a well-timed smough hammer's heavy attack be a proper backstab counter? since it does a nice arch and all...
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed May 30, 2012 12:16 pm

Kalliros wrote:

Would a well-timed smough hammer's heavy attack be a proper backstab counter? since it does a nice arch and all...
    Depends on where you're PvPing. A lot of players in the burg are experienced and will just dodge it, and then BS you while you're staggered from the miss. Happens to me alll the time when I try to punish them with my 2H R2 halberd attack. Shrug

But if you're going agains't someone who isn't experienced enough to know what you're doing, they will get punished hard from that. But, Smough's Hammer strong attack is so darn slow, you may get BSed while charging up. Happens to me from time to time with my Fire Tempest.
    Kalliros
    Kalliros

Post by Kalliros Wed May 30, 2012 12:21 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:
    Depends on where you're PvPing. A lot of players in the burg are experienced and will just dodge it, and then BS you while you're staggered from the miss. Happens to me alll the time when I try to punish them with my 2H R2 halberd attack. Backstab... - Page 2 3358384175

I see.... Well, I should use the back to the wall thing more often... the only thing that preoccupies me is the other guy trying to force you out of the wall with spells and arrows. .. a menacing spell followed by a quick swap of weapons can lead to a BS, couldn't it?
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed May 30, 2012 12:25 pm

Kalliros wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:
    Depends on where you're PvPing. A lot of players in the burg are experienced and will just dodge it, and then BS you while you're staggered from the miss. Happens to me alll the time when I try to punish them with my 2H R2 halberd attack. Backstab... - Page 2 3358384175

I see.... Well, I should use the back to the wall thing more often... the only thing that preoccupies me is the other guy trying to force you out of the wall with spells and arrows. .. a menacing spell followed by a quick swap of weapons can lead to a BS, couldn't it?
    A good way to counter that would be to dodge towards them when they do the spell. Scares the heck out of people (I know it scares me when I try to keep my distance with my Great Fireballs). They'll usually mess up trying to switch back, and you can get in some attacks and punish them for it. Another good thing is dodging their spell towards them, and attack coming out of the dodge. Just remember to get away so they don't BS you after they dodge away. I've made the mistake of trying to unload on someone with little poise, then missing, and getting BSed... But, that's the Halberd. Missing sucks haha! Idk how much you stagger when you miss with Smough's.
    MsCherryBlossom
    MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MsCherryBlossom Wed May 30, 2012 12:27 pm

People think that running to a wall corner is the ultimate solution but are the first to complain when a person starts to use spells on them when they do it. I haven't played the game for some time but only a new player or an idiot would fall for or not know what to do if someone does that.

Sitting in a corner with a shield up spamming the parry is obviously what they're doing. So of course counter their counter with a flurry of spells or pyromancies.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed May 30, 2012 12:28 pm

MsCherryBlossom wrote:Why is someone always saying "this wont end well" in the 2nd reply of discussion threads? Shut up already.

lol, I agree that it's funny people have started saying that, though I can understand why as eventually someone's gonna start marching in on the high horse

though how the hell is this thread not dead? I'm pretty sure I killed it yesterday with a parry riposte plug..

Last edited by Serious_Much on Wed May 30, 2012 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kalliros
    Kalliros

Post by Kalliros Wed May 30, 2012 12:29 pm

Well I'm actually more a big axe user... I do have a build where I use more katanas, but I like my hard hitting, semi-acrobatic high poise build. Nothing is more gratifying than landing a 2-hand black axe strong attack big grin you just see them fly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:27 pm