Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
WorldSlayerPIKA
Federally
skarekrow13
Serious_Much
Mustaklaki
RANT
dwx
dancash1808
FruitPunchNinja
WyrmHero
Tolvo
JoeBroski09
Extertionist
Forum Pirate
DamageCK
Delvanoc
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Imarreteet23
DoughGuy
Tarkkus
24 posters

Backstab...

JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Backstab... - Page 3 Empty Re: Backstab...

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed May 30, 2012 12:30 pm

MsCherryBlossom wrote:People think that running to a wall corner is the ultimate solution but are the first to complain when a person starts to use spells on them when they do it. I haven't played the game for some time but only a new player or an idiot would fall for or not know what to do if someone does that.

Sitting in a corner with a shield up spamming the parry is obviously what they're doing. So of course counter their counter with a flurry of spells or pyromancies.
    You'd be surprised when they think they see an opening from a firetempest. Especially if it's my second cast and they backed up the first time. This time, they go "Oh, yes! He's so stupid! I can get a back st- OH GOD!"

Kalliros wrote:Well I'm actually more a big axe user... I do have a build where I use more katanas, but I like my hard hitting, semi-acrobatic high poise build. Nothing is more gratifying than landing a 2-hand black axe strong attack big grin you just see them fly
    I get that feeling when I OHKO someone with my fire tempest. Though, I also feel kinda bad haha!

Last edited by JoeBroski09 on Wed May 30, 2012 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    MsCherryBlossom
    MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MsCherryBlossom Wed May 30, 2012 12:33 pm

Make them suffer for their bad choices is what I say, especially for those that does backstab for their classes. For example Martyrs Rapier class. Go to a wall, make them move with a chaos fireball.

JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed May 30, 2012 12:41 pm

MsCherryBlossom wrote:Make them suffer for their bad choices is what I say, especially for those that does backstab for their classes. For example Martyrs Rapier class. Go to a wall, make them move with a chaos fireball.
    What does this do? There's only 4 casts of GCF and after you're out, now what? (I'm not criticizing. I just started steadily dueling in the burg 2 days ago. So I have no idea what would happen afterwards haha!)
    MsCherryBlossom
    MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MsCherryBlossom Wed May 30, 2012 12:45 pm

So say someone goes and sits in a corner to "counter" some fisher or someone that might look for a BS. You start casting strong spells / pyromancies on them. They'd be an idiot to just sit there and take it. You don't need to just fireball but if they want to duck in hide in a corner make them move. They can't get upset if you spam a spell since they're the ones hiding in a corner purposely.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed May 30, 2012 12:47 pm

MsCherryBlossom wrote:So say someone goes and sits in a corner to "counter" some fisher or someone that might look for a BS. You start casting strong spells / pyromancies on them. They'd be an idiot to just sit there and take it. You don't need to just fireball but if they want to duck in hide in a corner make them move. They can't get upset if you spam a spell since they're the ones hiding in a corner purposely.
    Ahh. Pffft. No one cares about fireball spamming. I mean, if they are, then they're complaining to simply complain. Only great combustion is cheap, really. Lag and a huge radius makes it REALLY hard to block, and casting it usually doesn't leave you open for a BS. But yeah, I use Great Fireballs to keep my opponent on their toes. Usually to try to bait them into my corner twisted Fire tempest. Boom.
    MsCherryBlossom
    MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MsCherryBlossom Wed May 30, 2012 12:50 pm

I really like fire tempest and great combustion. Those two are always on my toons on this game.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed May 30, 2012 1:00 pm

Fire tempest if a freaking BEAST. I do admit I have 2 att slots of great combustion, but that's for people I've died to before, and I just go "screw it." and I just spam it haha! Especially if they're using the eagle shield. Goes RIGHT through. I probably will stop now that that character is finished for the Followers of Izalith player-made covenant, so I'm invading in Qualaag's domain. I'll usually have to run to the bonfire, then they're not built for a PvP match. I even fought an Oscar Cosplay in NG+. I felt bad for him. He backstabbed me like 3 times. After I saw the teeny damage of the first, I just kept in hitting him over and over again. but his elite knight armor must have been fully upgraded, cause I didn't do much damage, and he just kept healing! haha!
    Btw, I wish the BS always did low damage. *sigh* so much more fun haha! Maybe I just had fun because I won...
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed May 30, 2012 1:45 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:Fire tempest if a freaking BEAST. I do admit I have 2 att slots of great combustion, but that's for people I've died to before, and I just go "screw it." and I just spam it haha! Especially if they're using the eagle shield. Goes RIGHT through. I probably will stop now that that character is finished for the Followers of Izalith player-made covenant, so I'm invading in Qualaag's domain. I'll usually have to run to the bonfire, then they're not built for a PvP match. I even fought an Oscar Cosplay in NG+. I felt bad for him. He backstabbed me like 3 times. After I saw the teeny damage of the first, I just kept in hitting him over and over again. but his elite knight armor must have been fully upgraded, cause I didn't do much damage, and he just kept healing! haha!
    Btw, I wish the BS always did low damage. *sigh* so much more fun haha! Maybe I just had fun because I won...

You're such a terrible person picking on that poor cosplayer like that!
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed May 30, 2012 1:46 pm

Federally wrote:You're such a terrible person picking on that poor cosplayer like that!
    Im a Follower of Izalith, protector of Qualaag's domain. I can't feel emotion. I am sorry. Bow
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed May 30, 2012 1:53 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:
    Federally wrote:You're such a terrible person picking on that poor cosplayer like that!
    Im a Follower of Izalith, protector of Qualaag's domain. I can't feel emotion. I am sorry. Bow

but.. you're not sorry because you can't feel regret? silly
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed May 30, 2012 1:56 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:

AHHHH! You've seen through me! Oh no! I apologize for not feeling anything. Is that possible?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed May 30, 2012 1:58 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:

AHHHH! You've seen through me! Oh no! I apologize for not feeling anything. Is that possible?

Yes, apologies can be emotionless winking
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed May 30, 2012 2:01 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:

Oh well. I don't really apologize, either. I don't bow when I kill them. I point towards Quelaag's Domain. I stole the idea from the Lifehunters haha!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed May 30, 2012 2:02 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:

Oh well. I don't really apologize, either. I don't bow when I kill them. I point towards Quelaag's Domain. I stole the idea from the Lifehunters haha!

I'd never take ideas from the lifehunters, I really don't like their ideals lol
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed May 30, 2012 2:05 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:

Well, it seems everyone took "Bow but still BS" from them. Or was that normal already? cause everyone in the burg bows and still BS's. And a lot of them heal.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed May 30, 2012 2:38 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:

Well, it seems everyone took "Bow but still BS" from them. Or was that normal already? cause everyone in the burg bows and still BS's. And a lot of them heal.

I think because of lifehunters the community shifted to using BS more in duels, there were always supporters but generally in organised events and even general play, the people on here would basically follow conduct similar to FC
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed May 30, 2012 2:40 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:

I love gigantic quote pyramids and I wanted to continue this one.

Joe you're signature is correct. You derailed this thread while speaking positively about yourself.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed May 30, 2012 2:43 pm

Shrug

I just mentioned bs in the burg, tho. So we're good.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed May 30, 2012 3:18 pm

Federally wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:

Oh well. I don't really apologize, either.
    I don't bow when I kill them. I point towards Quelaag's Domain. I stole the idea from the Lifehunters haha!

I love gigantic quote pyramids and I wanted to continue this one.

Joe you're signature is correct. You derailed this thread while speaking positively about yourself.

I too enjoy quoteception pyramids, impressive things really silly
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed May 30, 2012 3:20 pm

Break.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed May 30, 2012 4:51 pm

Did anyone point out that the solution to the continual circling of bs fishers is to fight lock-off and piviot as you swing? Or just take s step back and towards them, easy counter bs. I rarely need to bs with my current build. A good 3 or 4 hits kills almost everyone. Can usually get all of those hits just by punishing bs attempts.
    WorldSlayerPIKA
    WorldSlayerPIKA
    Regular
    Regular

Post by WorldSlayerPIKA Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:48 am

Forum Pirate wrote:Did anyone point out that the solution to the continual circling of bs fishers is to fight lock-off and piviot as you swing? Or just take s step back and towards them, easy counter bs. I rarely need to bs with my current build. A good 3 or 4 hits kills almost everyone. Can usually get all of those hits just by punishing bs attempts.

Thats what I want to do also!

ATM I am walking around with medium speed... Under 50% load without DWGR! I like Phat Armor! But it seems I need faster movement to effectively compete. What do you think?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:50 am

WorldSlayerPIKA wrote:
    Forum Pirate wrote:Did anyone point out that the solution to the continual circling of bs fishers is to fight lock-off and piviot as you swing? Or just take s step back and towards them, easy counter bs. I rarely need to bs with my current build. A good 3 or 4 hits kills almost everyone. Can usually get all of those hits just by punishing bs attempts.

ATM I am walking around with medium speed... Under 50% load without DWGR! I like Phat Armor! But it seems I need faster movement to effectively compete. What do you think?
    Maybe its because i dont pvp that much but sometimes people who dont continuously fish can get close to me before they start, so by the time I realise what they're doing lag means Im alredy BSed.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:55 am

DoughGuy wrote:
    WorldSlayerPIKA wrote:

Maybe its because i dont pvp that much but sometimes people who dont continuously fish can get close to me before they start, so by the time I realise what they're doing lag means Im alredy BSed.
    This is how I bs when I invade in Quelaag's Domain with my Follow of Izalith character.

Hey. At least I don't spam combustion hahaha! Shrug
    SATLOS
    SATLOS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SATLOS Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:58 pm

Haven't read through the thread, and I'm scared by those crazy quotation pyramids :shock: , but I'll post my opinion on BS. Sorry if this is plagiarizing anyone else...

BS Fishing = sad. It's exploiting lag for a win, and is a substitute for actual skill in this game. Though a skillful player can avoid this (counter, no lock pivot), it shouldn't be on the onus of the skilled player to have to deal with this crap, and even then, a BS counter is not 100% because of lag.

That said, I don't have any problem with a legit backstab punish. If I'm rocking halberd or great club and I miss a one handed strike and get roll BSed, that's my fault. Especially if my opponent isn't BS fishing the whole fight.

Backstab damage isn't a deal breaker on a decent duel if the other guy isn't buffing or using Hornet, so used in moderation in a tight duel, I'm okay and will message the other guy "GG" regardless.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:24 am