Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
alchemydesign
McTrikster
Odinbear
reim0027
Wade_Wilson
User
neon__noodle
Akatik
ublug
Azran
Federally
DoughGuy
vageta31
17 posters

Everything possible before the Gargoyles playthrough (video)

Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Everything possible before the Gargoyles playthrough (video) - Page 3 Empty Re: Everything possible before the Gargoyles playthrough (video)

Post by Odinbear Wed May 16, 2012 11:27 am

We love you, bro.
    alchemydesign
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Everything possible before the Gargoyles playthrough (video) - Page 3 Empty Re: Everything possible before the Gargoyles playthrough (video)

Post by alchemydesign Wed May 16, 2012 3:48 pm

Hah, part 4 is good, might try to get all of them lizards in the hollow. And I wont hold the way you say titanite against ya :p. Good work sir.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Wed May 16, 2012 4:20 pm

2 SLABS, ARE YOU TRYING TO RUSTLE MY JIMMIES
    Good episode. After Ash Lake, there's really only New Londo ruins, isn't there?
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Wed May 16, 2012 5:24 pm

Well I head back to the Catacombs to get the good items, go into ToG again to pick up the large divine ember and then out to New Londo.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed May 16, 2012 6:22 pm

Hey Vegeta what are the minimum stats to two hand that BKH? I have a good grasp on the game but Im not quite sure how to figure what stats I need to 2H a weapon. Do I have to have the minimum Dex and can only be short on Str?
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Wed May 16, 2012 6:46 pm

Federally wrote:Hey Vegeta what are the minimum stats to two hand that BKH? I have a good grasp on the game but Im not quite sure how to figure what stats I need to 2H a weapon. Do I have to have the minimum Dex and can only be short on Str?

22 strength is needed to two hand it. To find out the minimum strength requirement for a weapon, x 0.66 and round up.

You also need the minimum dexterity, no getting round it.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed May 16, 2012 6:48 pm

Okay that's what I needed to know, thanks!
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed May 16, 2012 9:38 pm

DL now!
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Fri May 18, 2012 5:13 am

Number 4 was good, was lucky enough to loot the BkH on my SL20 and now I wanna use it. Also glad you have a good sense of humor about Tie-Ten-Nite
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri May 18, 2012 5:37 am

Why didnt you post a link here?
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Fri May 18, 2012 5:39 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npyakZCOOnQ

I figured anyone who had been following it would probably just find it in my channel. This does make it easier though.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri May 18, 2012 5:45 am

Sorry I dont have a youtube account so I rely on links in the forum for vids.
    When buying stuff, like arrows, do you if you press down it goes to the max you can buy?
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Fri May 18, 2012 6:50 am

DoughGuy wrote:Sorry I dont have a youtube account so I rely on links in the forum for vids.
    When buying stuff, like arrows, do you if you press down it goes to the max you can buy?

Yes that works for any stackable item.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri May 18, 2012 6:53 am

I only mentioned it cause when you bought arrows you went upwards instead of downwards.
    My face when the second slab dropped - > :affraid: sad
    Bet you wish Andre was alive lol.
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Fri May 18, 2012 6:55 am

I was only planning on purchasing a small stack but then went ahead and got all of them. As far as Andre, no I never planned on using him as I'd have to farm a bunch of large shards and chunks which I didn't want to bother with. The goal was to only use what I could either buy or get from normal drops.

It's all good I was able to get a very powerful weapon to use against the 4 kings with the chaos ember.
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Fri May 18, 2012 8:49 am

vageta31 wrote:
    Federally wrote:Hey Vageta is there any way to get to Solaire for the soapstone without killing the Taurus? I want to be able to coop in the Burg to earn humanity without preventing me from gravelording there but I can't figure out a way.

Edit: right as I typed that I figured it out. I just need to run past Havel again, go through Deeproot to Andrei and back track through the Parish to the wyvern bridge!

Yep you got it. I"ll also say it's possible to kill Havel, the Taurus Demon and complete the Parish without ever triggering the Hellkite. So long as you don't pass by the beginning area of the Burg where he first shows up, he won't show up at the Parish bridge. I haven't tried but I think it's totally possible to pick up every piece of treasure in the Burg without ever triggering the Hellkite.

Yes this is possible,I have done it.
    Only thing was though I got invaded in the Burg and he/she ran on the little bridge and activated it sad.

This is a good trick if you want to get straight to the SunBro Covenant.(If you meet the requirements)
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Fri May 18, 2012 8:54 am

Well I had activated the Wyvern so I had to deal witg him on the way to Solaire, was hard with low Vit
    alchemydesign
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by alchemydesign Sun May 20, 2012 12:42 am

Dang I just Iron Flesh + BKH against 4 kings...lol i stompsliced em out of the abyss.
    Sebastrd
    Sebastrd
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sebastrd Sat May 26, 2012 12:10 am

Will there be a part 5?
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun May 27, 2012 11:32 am

this is pretty cool ! big grin I had a similar idea although you predate me having It I just never saw this thread. well done for getting so far with it !
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:41 am

Had to resurrect this thread to update that part 5 is finally up. Took some time away from the game but I finally found the time and motivation to finish it up.

Part 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TCSEi0Ih3c

The 6th and final video should hopefully be going up late tonight as well.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:45 am

Hey Vageta FYI, the 'trick' you used in the beginning to get to Pinwheel does work on Ps3. Problem is its hard to pull off, it seems Ps3 loads a little faster and our dashboard opens a little slower. So its harder to time.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:01 am

I love to see how much do you own that hellish realm known as the Tomb of the Giants.

Will you ever finish up the SL3 playthrough? I got both mixed up, so you could guess my confusion when I saw you with all that armor on.
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:49 am

Azran wrote:I love to see how much do you own that hellish realm known as the Tomb of the Giants.

Will you ever finish up the SL3 playthrough? I got both mixed up, so you could guess my confusion when I saw you with all that armor on.

Yes I plan on finishing it up, though there isn't much left. Only Gwyn and I've promised not to parry him to death after numerous requests not to. Maybe I'll get time this weekend to get it done.
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:50 am

Federally wrote:Hey Vageta FYI, the 'trick' you used in the beginning to get to Pinwheel does work on Ps3. Problem is its hard to pull off, it seems Ps3 loads a little faster and our dashboard opens a little slower. So its harder to time.

Good to know. I've heard a few people say they weren't able to do it, but it sounds like they weren't getting the timing just right.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:24 am