Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
alchemydesign
McTrikster
Odinbear
reim0027
Wade_Wilson
User
neon__noodle
Akatik
ublug
Azran
Federally
DoughGuy
vageta31
17 posters

Everything possible before the Gargoyles playthrough (video)

vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Everything possible before the Gargoyles playthrough (video) Empty Everything possible before the Gargoyles playthrough (video)

Post by vageta31 Tue May 08, 2012 1:15 am

I mentioned this the other day but I just uploaded part 1 of the series. Basically the goal is to accomplish everything I can manage in the game before ever taking on the Gargoyles(or Taurus for that matter). The idea is to make my character as strong as possible before turning human in the Parish to show that the BB glitch is not required to survive invasions. The game is anythign but linear and newer players might be surprised at just how far you can get before ringing the Parish bell. I've also added commentary to cover any shortcuts, tricks and tips I've accumulated during my time in the game.

It would be a fairly long playthrough and it takes a bit of time to add commentary so I'll probably only continue the series as long as people are genuinely interested in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RB7RAOi55M
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Everything possible before the Gargoyles playthrough (video) Empty Re: Everything possible before the Gargoyles playthrough (video)

Post by DoughGuy Tue May 08, 2012 3:30 am

Im looking forward to you fighting the 4 kings. Will watch the vid as soon as I can.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Everything possible before the Gargoyles playthrough (video) Empty Re: Everything possible before the Gargoyles playthrough (video)

Post by Federally Tue May 08, 2012 3:32 am

Well see none of this is possible because I'm bad at the game lol. I've been wanting a low level gravelord servant for a while and spent a few hours yesterday trying to do it. Now thanks to you I know how to do it in 5 minutes lol. Great video!

Edit: it took me 15 minutes instead of 5 but I'm now a level 7 Gravelord servant with all bosses alive and very happy about it. Thanks!
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Tue May 08, 2012 11:15 pm

Federally wrote:Well see none of this is possible because I'm bad at the game lol. I've been wanting a low level gravelord servant for a while and spent a few hours yesterday trying to do it. Now thanks to you I know how to do it in 5 minutes lol. Great video!

Edit: it took me 15 minutes instead of 5 but I'm now a level 7 Gravelord servant with all bosses alive and very happy about it. Thanks!

Knowledge is power. BTW did you try to do the "kiln glitch" to skip past pinwheel or did you just go the normal way? Just curious if it worked the same on PS3.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Tue May 08, 2012 11:31 pm

vageta31 wrote:
    Federally wrote:Well see none of this is possible because I'm bad at the game lol. I've been wanting a low level gravelord servant for a while and spent a few hours yesterday trying to do it. Now thanks to you I know how to do it in 5 minutes lol. Great video!

Knowledge is power. BTW did you try to do the "kiln glitch" to skip past pinwheel or did you just go the normal way? Just curious if it worked the same on PS3.

No I didn't try. I just wanted to become a low level Gravelord Servant with all bosses left alive, so once I made the covenant with Nito I boned back to Firelink then did a naked run to get the Elite Knight set and went back to the Burg to start spreading misery.
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Tue May 08, 2012 11:34 pm

Federally wrote:went back to the Burg to start spreading misery.

Good man. happy
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Wed May 09, 2012 1:51 am

Hey, just recently started watching some of your vids. More specifically, the Before Taurus vids, the first three of the Sorcerer run, and this one. Even after finishing the game twice, watching you it's really interesting.

Keep it up!
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed May 09, 2012 2:01 am

Hey Vageta is there any way to get to Solaire for the soapstone without killing the Taurus? I want to be able to coop in the Burg to earn humanity without preventing me from gravelording there but I can't figure out a way.

Edit: right as I typed that I figured it out. I just need to run past Havel again, go through Deeproot to Andrei and back track through the Parish to the wyvern bridge!
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Wed May 09, 2012 2:26 am

Federally wrote:Hey Vageta is there any way to get to Solaire for the soapstone without killing the Taurus? I want to be able to coop in the Burg to earn humanity without preventing me from gravelording there but I can't figure out a way.

Edit: right as I typed that I figured it out. I just need to run past Havel again, go through Deeproot to Andrei and back track through the Parish to the wyvern bridge!

Yep you got it. I"ll also say it's possible to kill Havel, the Taurus Demon and complete the Parish without ever triggering the Hellkite. So long as you don't pass by the beginning area of the Burg where he first shows up, he won't show up at the Parish bridge. I haven't tried but I think it's totally possible to pick up every piece of treasure in the Burg without ever triggering the Hellkite.
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Wed May 09, 2012 2:27 am

Azran wrote:Hey, just recently started watching some of your vids. More specifically, the Before Taurus vids, the first three of the Sorcerer run, and this one. Even after finishing the game twice, watching you it's really interesting.

Keep it up!

Glad you enjoy them, my goal is to entertain and educate. This video is a more in depth look at what I was doing in the "before Taurus" videos.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 09, 2012 3:00 am

Watched it. Nice work. Looking forward to the abyss still!
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed May 09, 2012 3:14 am

vageta31 wrote:
    Federally wrote:Hey Vageta is there any way to get to Solaire for the soapstone without killing the Taurus? I want to be able to coop in the Burg to earn humanity without preventing me from gravelording there but I can't figure out a way.

Yep you got it. I"ll also say it's possible to kill Havel, the Taurus Demon and complete the Parish without ever triggering the Hellkite. So long as you don't pass by the beginning area of the Burg where he first shows up, he won't show up at the Parish bridge. I haven't tried but I think it's totally possible to pick up every piece of treasure in the Burg without ever triggering the Hellkite.

Well I'm not trying to kill Havel, he scares me, I just run pass him. Took one suicide run to get the door he guards open, he smashed me a split second after the animation ended, and now I can run through his tower and ignore him. He won't pursue you outside the tower so as long as you have the master key he doesn't matter.

Sadly I already triggered the first sighting of the hellkite, but hopefully he won't show until after I get to Solaire as I don't have the HP to run away from him and get hit with his fire.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Wed May 09, 2012 9:36 am

Thanks for posting, really enjoyed the video and commentary, will watch your sorcerer run as well. The reload trick in tomb of giants was new to me, I usually just summon Leeroy and let him take out pinwheel at low levels. Also, to my knowledge, the hellkite should not show up if you leave the first fog in the burg intact.

I have done a similar run with a level 13 co-op/pvp character, while leaving many area bosses alive for pvp. This character also started without the master key, so I had to kill Ingward to access valley of drakes without killing the taurus demon. Cleared new londo with firbombs as part of my early suicide runs, lol.
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Wed May 09, 2012 10:38 am

My cleric started with the master key and got the dragon crest/astora's straight sword right at the start. I killed the crystal lizard in the taurus tower and upgraded it to +2 before even taking him on. I basically had a sword stronger than the drake sword before I even saw the red dragon.

It made wannabe gankers cry when they invaded me.
    neon__noodle
    neon__noodle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by neon__noodle Wed May 09, 2012 11:08 am

Nice video. I am eagerly anticipating part 2!
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Wed May 09, 2012 4:11 pm

neon__noodle wrote:Nice video. I am eagerly anticipating part 2!

Part 2 is up so your eager anticipation has not happened in vain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArdFdFkwUf4
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed May 09, 2012 4:13 pm

I never start with the master Key; I make my own path.

I usually like to now finish most of the areas before going to Sen's. I usually skip the gargoyles to do the Spider Ladies first, and usually even kill the new londo area before I do. I have done this with a + 2 Gravelord Sword for a character in NG by myself... hard as hell, I can say that much.

if you do the Four Kings on NG, stand very close to them to receive less damage from their sword, and swing! With a +2 gravelord sword, it isn't going to do much damage to savour for stamina (as greatswords like to consume Stamina more so when you have little endurance to back it up).

Good Luck with that.
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Wed May 09, 2012 4:21 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:I never start with the master Key; I make my own path.

I usually like to now finish most of the areas before going to Sen's. I usually skip the gargoyles to do the Spider Ladies first, and usually even kill the new londo area before I do. I have done this with a + 2 Gravelord Sword for a character in NG by myself... hard as hell, I can say that much.

if you do the Four Kings on NG, stand very close to them to receive less damage from their sword, and swing! With a +2 gravelord sword, it isn't going to do much damage to savour for stamina (as greatswords like to consume Stamina more so when you have little endurance to back it up).

Good Luck with that.

Gravelord is a great weapon at low levels, but it's a bit slow for my tastes overall. I actually enjoy using the BK halberd I picked up and it seems to have less of a start up animation to it's attacks. Also I don't think the 4 kings will do much "hitting" me at all. All of my low level challenges have pretty much etched into my very being how to fight those guys. They can't even hit me with their homing soul mass anymore even if I'm in hyper mode and one hit would kill me.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 09, 2012 7:23 pm

The fact this time you are levelling up removes some of the challenge from foes like the 4 kings. ARe you going to use the Stone set for them? Btw Im not complaining, Im actually relieved you'll be levelling up and I dont have to be in constant fear your going tolose 500000 souls.
    Also the archer is a female while the items say Pharis is male so its not her.
    neon__noodle
    neon__noodle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by neon__noodle Thu May 10, 2012 1:30 pm

Vageta! I watched part two, it was awesome! Bring me some more! Everything possible before the Gargoyles playthrough (video) 3207319737
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Thu May 10, 2012 1:44 pm

I'm going to try this by the way - getting everything done before the gargoyles. Will you be fighting ceaseless discharge, by the way? By farming chunks off the centipede minor demons, you can get a +5 chaos or +10 fire weapon off the start of the game (get a slab from trading the ascended pyro glove).
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Thu May 10, 2012 2:15 pm

Watched the new video. Keep them coming!

Also, I see you had a little encounter with my hated foe, Gravity.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri May 11, 2012 2:06 am

Gotta up your rep for this one. I watched the first video, and you've got some sick skills. I'll watch the second one tomorrow. Nicely done.
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Fri May 11, 2012 2:36 am

reim0027 wrote:Gotta up your rep for this one. I watched the first video, and you've got some sick skills. I'll watch the second one tomorrow. Nicely done.

Will have part 3 up tomorrow. I take out the Hellkite with melee(quite easily sadly for him haha) then head down into undead burg and depths using the upper burg shortcut. Poor capra didn't stand a chance with this guy.
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Fri May 11, 2012 6:17 pm

Ok part 3 is up. This one is a bit more interesting with the Hellkite and shortcut to Capra. Also show a few tricks in the Depths as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9hJ4P0fKMA

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:38 pm