Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

a proposal / request for someone who can capture decent quality video: a video guide to spawn locations

retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

a proposal / request for someone who can capture decent quality video: a video guide to spawn locations Empty a proposal / request for someone who can capture decent quality video: a video guide to spawn locations

Post by retro Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:44 pm

I realize that for the amount of work involved, it's sort of a big request. But I'd love to help make all the invasion spawn locations more common knowledge. If someone who is capable of making videos is interested in taking on this project, that would be amazing.

My idea for the videos is something like this:
    -Make a different video for each area. Some areas can be combined when it makes sense (like Duke's + Crystal Caves...).
    -Show the suggested location to use the invasion item. So for each spawn location, it'll start with the player running from a bonfire to the nearest or easiest location the item can be used, using the item, then (with some editing to save time, of course), cut to where the player spawns.
    -When the player spawns, rotate the camera for a moment standing still, and then run in a direction for several seconds before transitioning to the next location, to help the viewer know where that spot is.
    -Maybe keep some text in the corner of the screen explaining which location you're on, to help make it easier to check with the list I've made. So while you're demonstrating Sen's Fortress location six, it could say "Location #6" in the bottom corner of the screen perhaps.

Here is the list I made:
    http://darksouls.wikidot.com/invasion-spawn-locations

AFAIK, it should be complete. In my opinion, a video guide shouldn't bother explaining the boundaries (that'd be a lot of extra information, at that point you could just link to my list). Just the 'suggested location to use invasion item' followed by the corresponding spawn location.

Because my list describes all the locations, it can be confusing to players who don't already know the levels very well. That's where a video could be a lot more useful. big grin
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

a proposal / request for someone who can capture decent quality video: a video guide to spawn locations Empty Re: a proposal / request for someone who can capture decent quality video: a video guide to spawn locations

Post by Knight Alundil Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:24 pm

I don't have the equipment but I totally second this!

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:43 am