Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
JoeBroski09
Wade_Wilson
Buggy Virus
Uparkaam
Doelker
DoughGuy
vageta31
11 posters

Just what is possible before killing Taurus and Gargoyles..

vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Just what is possible before killing Taurus and Gargoyles.. Empty Just what is possible before killing Taurus and Gargoyles..

Post by vageta31 Fri May 04, 2012 7:47 pm

So I'm thinking about making one last video series before I take a break from the game and I was curious to see if anyone would find the idea interesting. Prompted by all the complaints about "bb glitchers" in low level areas and how there's no way for them to have any gear to compete, I thought it might be fun to do an experiment to see just how far I could get without killing the Taurus Demon or Gargoyles(I've already done it just not recorded it). Just what all could I accomplish in gear, upgrades, level, etc. Most people know of the early suicide runs to grab a few quick items but I'd be taking it to the extreme. For instance the path I'm playing with right now has me in Tomb of Giants in the first 5 minutes out of Firelink and having about 40k worth of souls(without farming) in 10 minutes.

Along the way I'd be showing any shortcuts and tricks I've learned in my time with the game and to make it interesting I'd attempt to do it all without any deaths. I usually do challenge runs so this would be a different sort of video from me which would be much more thorough than my other runs as far as killing enemies and clearing out areas. The only limitations I'd put on myself would be to not farm souls or shards so I have to just make due with what I can manage along the way. I'd also plan to do things that I think would be entertaining like killing the hellkite with melee, taking on pinwheel just minutes into the game, etc.. I'd be adding commentary of course to explain what/why I'm doing things.

Sound interesting or not worth a watch?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Just what is possible before killing Taurus and Gargoyles.. Empty Re: Just what is possible before killing Taurus and Gargoyles..

Post by DoughGuy Fri May 04, 2012 7:56 pm

You could do New Londo before the taurus. You could also do Sif. You could do blighttown and the depths. You can basically do anything that doesnt require you going through Sens.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Just what is possible before killing Taurus and Gargoyles.. Empty Re: Just what is possible before killing Taurus and Gargoyles..

Post by Doelker Fri May 04, 2012 7:57 pm

Man!!!! Please do it!!!!
    Your latest video from the SL 3 sorcerer taught me a lot in how to make loads of damage at a low level without any glitch at all. Actually I don't even know how to do it and I'm not interested in learning it.
    I have a sl 15 sorcerer toon that can do a lot of damage and is fast enough to avoid hits.
    I am light years away from the skill you have shown in your videos and I would definately watch it to learn more.

Cheers!!!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri May 04, 2012 8:03 pm

Just quickly Vageta did you upload Gwyns fight yet? cause I cant seem to find it.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Fri May 04, 2012 8:09 pm

I'll say go for it. Do this series. It could be a lot of help for newer players and could also have some new information for some of the more experienced players. And of course they would be nice to watch.
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Fri May 04, 2012 8:21 pm

DoughGuy wrote:Just quickly Vageta did you upload Gwyns fight yet? cause I cant seem to find it.

No I took a break after the ENB challenges but I'll finish up the Gwyn fight soon.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Fri May 04, 2012 8:30 pm

You could easily have a full chaos weapon before the Taurus demon.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Fri May 04, 2012 8:40 pm

Buggy Virus wrote:You could easily have a full chaos weapon before the Taurus demon.

Thats a bit ambitious. You wouldn't get a slab unless you traded a +5 ascended glove with snuggly and I dont think you can get red titanite chunks outside of lost izalith. Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'd love to be able to get a +5 chaos weapon that early.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Fri May 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:
    Buggy Virus wrote:You could easily have a full chaos weapon before the Taurus demon.

Thats a bit ambitious. You wouldn't get a slab unless you traded a +5 ascended glove with snuggly and I dont think you can get red titanite chunks outside of lost izalith. Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'd love to be able to get a +5 chaos weapon that early.

The centipedes in the demon's ruins drop red titanite, although they are a pain to farm. Unless they were patched to just green lately?

Otherwise you can still get a Chaos +2 with red chunks found on knights in the asylum and around lordran.
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Fri May 04, 2012 9:04 pm

I think the centipedes can drop them very rarely, but witn no gold serpent ring the best you can do is have 10 humanity. The best chance for chunks are the lizards in the great hollow, but there is no guarantee. Blue, white and standard chunks are easy to farm early on though.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri May 04, 2012 9:26 pm

I vote yes. Do it! And link it on this forum so I can watch it XD

Edit: Subscribed!
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Fri May 04, 2012 10:17 pm

Yes, please. TAKE MY BANDWIDTH IF YOU MUST.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun May 06, 2012 6:01 pm

i used to get tons of hate mail with my low level build saying i bb glitched before i even knew what it was. thats actually how i found out about it lol. you can get a lot of very powerful stuff with out killing those two bosses not to mention you can beat the game at low level which i know you know vageta.

a lot depends on using the master key however. but you can get +5 fire weapons,gravelord sword(can only upgrade it too +1 tho..)can make a +4 drake sword im pretty sure. black knight weapons. im sure im missing something good.
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Sun May 06, 2012 6:32 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:i used to get tons of hate mail with my low level build saying i bb glitched before i even knew what it was. thats actually how i found out about it lol. you can get a lot of very powerful stuff with out killing those two bosses not to mention you can beat the game at low level which i know you know vageta.

a lot depends on using the master key however. but you can get +5 fire weapons,gravelord sword(can only upgrade it too +1 tho..)can make a +4 drake sword im pretty sure. black knight weapons. im sure im missing something good.
    Actually you can get your Gravelord Sword to +3 (parish Demon, catacombs demon, snuggly trades) happy
    At any rate I'm working on the first video as we speak so if there are enough who enjoy it I will continue with more.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun May 06, 2012 6:34 pm

I'm still waiting for the last video of SL 3 Sorceress. What's up with that? Haha!

Last edited by JoeBroski09 on Sun May 06, 2012 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Sun May 06, 2012 6:35 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:I'm still waiting for the last video of SL 3 Sorceress.

It's coming. Perhaps I'll finish it up tonight while the other is uploading. Going to be rather short though as only Gwyn is left.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun May 06, 2012 6:39 pm

vageta31 wrote:

It's coming. Perhaps I'll finish it up tonight while the other is uploading. Going to be rather short though as only Gwyn is left.

Why, thank you XD You're an amazing video maker/commentator. I was kind of sad when I saw you only have one series with commentary =/
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Sun May 06, 2012 6:47 pm

This series will have commentary as well since it's going to cover a lot of different things. When I made my earlier videos I hadn't tried any commentary before and wasn't sure if it would be worth hearing hehe.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sun May 06, 2012 6:52 pm

vageta31 wrote:

Seath?
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun May 06, 2012 6:57 pm

vageta31 wrote:This series will have commentary as well since it's going to cover a lot of different things. When I made my earlier videos I hadn't tried any commentary before and wasn't sure if it would be worth hearing hehe.
    IMO a video with good commentary is SOOOO much better than a video without, but a video with bad commentary is the same as a video without commentary. Why? You can always turn off the audio of the video if you don't like the commentary. Tis why the videos I made a while back (I had a broken ankle, nothing to do.) all have commentary. Got nothin to lose XD. Even if they were horrible live commentaries of monotonous minecraft video haha!
    You don't have to worry, though. Mr. Smooth Silky Voice, you. winking
    barcio
    barcio
    Casual
    Casual

Post by barcio Sun May 06, 2012 7:20 pm

I've just started watching your SL3 Sorceress playthrough Vageta and it's very interesting and entertaining at the same time happy Also great learning material. It's definitely going to help me get through work time this week.

Looking forward to any other series winking
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Sun May 06, 2012 10:07 pm

[quote="Buggy Virus"]
    vageta31 wrote:

Maybe you missed some of the videos, all of the 4 lords are down and only Gwyn is left to kill. Seath is in part 6.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guj5x6U0IQ
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun May 06, 2012 10:12 pm

Hey, Vageta, on a nearly completely different note, you want a free channel design? It'd be a good way for me to give back to the Souls Community. XD

https://youtu.be/HUzAaJ3JJWo

Let me know. Youtube message me if you're interested.

PS: I've gotten much better since that video up there haha! But that's the only form of a portfolio I have since my laptop's windows files crashed recently... No backup =,(
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sun May 06, 2012 10:48 pm

[quote="vageta31"]
    Buggy Virus wrote:
    vageta31 wrote:

Maybe you missed some of the videos, all of the 4 lords are down and only Gwyn is left to kill. Seath is in part 6.

Really? I watched it religiously, must have missed.

Nevermind, I did watch it already, I just forgot. Oh yeah:

Please don't parry gwyn.
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Sun May 06, 2012 11:03 pm

[quote="Buggy Virus"]
    vageta31 wrote:
    Buggy Virus wrote:
    vageta31 wrote:

Really? I watched it religiously, must have missed.

Nevermind, I did watch it already, I just forgot. Oh yeah:

Please don't parry gwyn.

That's exactly why I've held off for finishing the playthrough. Instead of just parrying him to death I thought I'd try something different and didn't want to rush it. Just haven't taken the time to mess around with strategies yet but I'll figure something out.
    I'm thinking it might be possible to fight him in hyper mode using magic so long as I can dodge his attacks long enough.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:34 pm