Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
Forum Pirate
dancash1808
SunlightCrusader
Uparkaam
Ciledaknuf
EmoElmos
Rynn
Spurgun
DxV04
Majikero07
Motopsycho
nsane32
Jotape
FinPeku
Shkar
Federally
eninala
TehInfamousAmos
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
DoughGuy
Tolvo
sunbro
Quarik
DarkW17
befowler
skarekrow13
Yog
cloudyeki
Brokewilly
Bamjam
34 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 31 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by Shkar Tue May 22, 2012 10:46 pm

Just as a heads up, but I saw some people commenting how it appeared the dragon body/bow BS bug was fixed/nerfed.

It's not. Ran into a duo using it last night. Also, several people who used Divine Blessings...
    Majikero07
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Majikero07 Tue May 22, 2012 10:57 pm

I just remembered something; when I host in the forest, is it a legitimate tactic to scare hunters till they roll themselves off the cliff? Is it an intentional act to deny me a satisfying kill? I killed several hunters this way and it's not a fun kill.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue May 22, 2012 10:59 pm

That's new to me.

Eki that break didn't last long
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue May 22, 2012 11:00 pm

I dunno, but I have occasionally chased a ganker around after killing his errand boy and inevitably resorting to WILLING suicide. Seriously they just run to the stairs, spin around, and then sprint and jump RIGHT off the cliff.

You being sarcastic again?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed May 23, 2012 1:12 am

The darkhand was built for parrying, I loose like 30 health for failing to parry a DMB pumped DGA. (That's 712 physical and 450 Magic).

I'm running a Mask of The Father build right now... 77 poise and parries everywhere.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Wed May 23, 2012 1:19 am

Blah. Somewhat awful day of invasions. Super lag, couldn't get hits with my spells, got one parry but it only deal 800 damage... blah.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 23, 2012 2:02 am

Short but good day at the office. Just started a new playthrough and figured I would host honorably and invade to keep things interesting. First and only invasion I find a lone host. Sort of. He's cosplaying as a tree. I make a near miss happen with soul spear. Doesn't come out to play. He did after the scythe hit. I chase him a bit and he tries to summon. I keep chopping and not sure if he meant to suicide but he falls to his death near the stairs. I message him saying that you should never be a shrub near the real deal because they contrast gives it away. He replies he just got the spell and wanted to know how I sorted him so easy. I reply saying shenanigans are funny as long as he keeps it 1v1. Was dressed in medium armor and not initially camping so I tried to spread the word. Only had two more fights against the same Dark Moon. Mix of light and no armor to use a wide weapon load out. Big mistake. So I should retire after my first night of 100% win rate.

On a side note...all the summon signs I saw at my level were coherent setups. Only one person in giants. No Havel. A Siegmeyer cosplay, an Oscar with Artorias weapons and a great lord set. Even the guy in giants was different. He was dual wielding. How come I never see these campers?
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Wed May 23, 2012 2:11 am

Lucky!
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed May 23, 2012 5:15 am

One of my FH PvP builds atm - trying to get him to 99 vit also, then I will be an unstoppable force :L Rapier is for parries btw CB is for if I don't want to buff silly that is how it is currently set up - I am thinking of trading in the CB for a buffed Claw or caestus xD - just to up the ante - make gankers think da ***!?

http://tinyurl.com/82syhge
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed May 23, 2012 4:37 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:One of my FH PvP builds atm - trying to get him to 99 vit also, then I will be an unstoppable force :L Rapier is for parries btw CB is for if I don't want to buff silly that is how it is currently set up - I am thinking of trading in the CB for a buffed Claw or caestus xD - just to up the ante - make gankers think da ***!?

http://tinyurl.com/82syhge

And you guys wonder why hosts always have friends...
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Wed May 23, 2012 5:55 pm

I ran into a really nice host in the Forest today. He dropped me 20 humanities and 7 twin humanities. Then I gave him a blue and a white slab in exchange. Seems like some hosts are actually great guys. We need more people like him.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed May 23, 2012 6:59 pm

Uparkaam wrote:I ran into a really nice host in the Forest today. He dropped me 20 humanities and 7 twin humanities. Then I gave him a blue and a white slab in exchange. Seems like some hosts are actually great guys. We need more people like him.

That has happened to me a couple of times when I invaded the forest - it is always a pleasant surprise when you encounter a situation like that. You just never know what you will be dealing with once you see that invasion sign flash on the screen - that is the reason I love this job.

I haven't invaded in a couple of days - let's see how bad the gank is today lol!

For the glory of Alvina - good hunting folks!!
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed May 23, 2012 8:41 pm

Yeah folks they are banging real good in the forest on XBOX right now.Only got one victory out of like ten invades so far :x . I had a 1v1 loss againt the fastest Havel wearing camper I have ever seen to date - he was armed with a Blacksmith Giant Hammer (haven't see one of those in a while so he gets some cred for originality). I can usually use my speed to attack and evade but all of that was nullified - he beat my butt to the ground with the quickness lol!

Anyway going to keep at it folks - can never get enough experience fighting the gank.

Fight hard and die harder!!
    Ciledaknuf
    Ciledaknuf
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Ciledaknuf Wed May 23, 2012 8:56 pm

I met a dude yesterday and he gave me elite cleric set minus the gauntlets... wonder if it would be super cheap to wear it. I was just wearing the pants yesterday. They look like sweat pants.

Met another invincible ( a couple times) ... and another divine blessing alcoholic. Got the trash beat out of me by 2 BK cosplays with BKGA's a couple times. I had some decent victories...

Thinking I want to get a balder side sword. I got worm head now... wondering what else to do...

What upgrade would you guys suggest for a balder side sword? Lightning + 5, or plain +15 (I got pretty high dex.... my character is stupid as a pile of rocks and has no faith in humanity) buffable? Don't want to do Chaos, too much running around...
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Wed May 23, 2012 9:06 pm

Ciledaknuf wrote:I met a dude yesterday and he gave me elite cleric set minus the gauntlets... wonder if it would be super cheap to wear it. I was just wearing the pants yesterday. They look like sweat pants.

Met another invincible ( a couple times) ... and another divine blessing alcoholic. Got the trash beat out of me by 2 BK cosplays with BKGA's a couple times. I had some decent victories...

Thinking I want to get a balder side sword. I got worm head now... wondering what else to do...

What upgrade would you guys suggest for a balder side sword? Lightning + 5, or plain +15 (I got pretty high dex.... my character is stupid as a pile of rocks and has no faith in humanity) buffable? Don't want to do Chaos, too much running around...

Sorry to just pop in but I have to ask: was it elite cleric armor or just cleric armor, like the kind Patches sells? I have heard rumors and whatnot of elite cleric armor like Petrus wears but have never seen it personally.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 23, 2012 9:12 pm

You can get the elite set but only by hacking the save file.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Wed May 23, 2012 9:18 pm

DoughGuy wrote:You can get the elite set but only by hacking the save file.

Okay thanks for clarifying that.
    Ciledaknuf
    Ciledaknuf
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Ciledaknuf Wed May 23, 2012 9:38 pm

Oh it's the real deal elite cleric and it was fully upgraded. Just the gauntlets were the kind patches sells. I can make a little video I suppose and show you if you want. The fully upgraded armor is light and is 99 defense... can't remember off the top of my head the other stats.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 23, 2012 9:39 pm

^Yes but its hacked. I'm assuming your on xbox?
    Ciledaknuf
    Ciledaknuf
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Ciledaknuf Wed May 23, 2012 9:40 pm

Yeah, hacked prolly, that's why I was kinda worried about wearing it. People would be calling me a hacker and this and that... yup, xbox

Would you wear the set if someone gave it to you?
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Wed May 23, 2012 9:42 pm

Ciledaknuf wrote:Yeah, hacked prolly, that's why I was kinda worried about wearing it. People would be calling me a hacker and this and that... yup, xbox

Definitely not. Not only that I would get rid of it. I want nothing to do with hacks, mods, or glitches no matter how harmless they may seem.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 23, 2012 9:44 pm

PS3, so if I got it it would have to be from a FROM employee so I would probably wear it.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed May 23, 2012 9:44 pm

Ciledaknuf wrote:I met a dude yesterday and he gave me elite cleric set minus the gauntlets... wonder if it would be super cheap to wear it. I was just wearing the pants yesterday. They look like sweat pants.

The BSS is a great back-up weapon the speed is excellent and is capable of dead angles (nuff respect Proper Bow to Tolvo for that tip). If you like buffs then go with the +15 Normal but lightning is good at lower SLs. I personally use the normal, enchanted, occult and will be making a chaos version (yeah farming the Kiln, Lost Izalith and making that trip to The Catacombs is b&^ch) soon. The BSS is a solid weapon once you get some fighting and practicing with it under your belt - a must have for any arsenal in my opinion.

EmoElmos
    EmoElmos
    Regular
    Regular

Post by EmoElmos Wed May 23, 2012 9:46 pm

I wouldn't use it. Not a fan of glitches, hacks, or things like that
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed May 23, 2012 9:50 pm

Ciledaknuf wrote:Yeah, hacked prolly, that's why I was kinda worried about wearing it. People would be calling me a hacker and this and that... yup, xbox

Well from a moral standpoint I'm on the fence since I also despise hackers, modders, etc. But since you got it bro wear it - the only downside I see is people not "in the know" labeling you as a hacker - other than the constant questioning of your character there is no reason you should not wear it. You would stand-out though due to its uniqueness. Also, post the defense, weight and poise info about the set - I am curious about that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:19 am