Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
Forum Pirate
dancash1808
SunlightCrusader
Uparkaam
Ciledaknuf
EmoElmos
Rynn
Spurgun
DxV04
Majikero07
Motopsycho
nsane32
Jotape
FinPeku
Shkar
Federally
eninala
TehInfamousAmos
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
DoughGuy
Tolvo
sunbro
Quarik
DarkW17
befowler
skarekrow13
Yog
cloudyeki
Brokewilly
Bamjam
34 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 35 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by Quarik Mon May 28, 2012 6:17 am

BTW Broke- In the vids when your enemies cast TWoP not only did they gain complete field control but it also allowed them to do anything they feel like doing. Buff, heal, cast, whatever. I realize it might not be in your playstyle (and your poise might not allow you to do it), but unlocking and 2Hing the Mura is amazing against it. If you do it right, they come to you at a location of your choosing, you cannot be bs'ed or stunlocked if you initiate the exchange (the only exception is if an enemy has more than 104 poise, then you're screwed), they become less likely to use TWoP if you effectively counter it, and they will learn that poise can't save them from a big enough sword. This applies to all greatswords, but mostly to the Mura because of its range, dead angling capabilities, instant pivot, and 180 degree hitbox. In addition, if you have your Mura buffed, even with resin, you will stack an obscenely huge amount of damage on them. If you throw in SLB, CMW, RTSR, or PW only modded chars can survive a full stamina bar's worth of 2H swings.

Speaking of mods, have any of you encountered a mod char that doesn't take any damage? I bled him, I BS'ed him, I parried him, he just didn't take damage. I've only ever seen a mod with really high health.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon May 28, 2012 8:22 am

Quarik wrote:I'll work on slowing down next time we invade together.

Out of curiosity, what's your poise? I roll with 76 to make sure that nothing can instantly stagger me, but you appear to have a fair bit less. Also, I can't confirm but I think the pike has longer range when 1H (saw you being slightly out of range of the host in the first vid).

My poise is 55 - just enough to withstand one hit from a greatsword class weapon and still be able to hit back. Plus I only wear two pieces of heavy armor which equates to a -2 stamina penalty. With this set-up there is not many opponents who can keep up with me just in case I have to sprint off (only if I have a head start lol! ). I have tried heavier armor set-ups but I cannot handle the stamina penalty (slower stamina regen) and the decrease in maneuverability.

I 2H the pike most of the time. I only purposely 1H the pike when I am using the Mura already and my opponent is backing away - this usually surprises them because they assume I cannot hit them in that situation. I love the pike the reach and speed two handed is amazing which you already know.

Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon May 28, 2012 8:31 am

Quarik wrote:BTW Broke- In the vids when your enemies cast TWoP not only did they gain complete field control but it also allowed them to do anything they feel like doing. Buff, heal, cast, whatever. I realize it might not be in your playstyle (and your poise might not allow you to do it), but unlocking and 2Hing the Mura is amazing against it. If you do it right, they come to you at a location of your choosing, you cannot be bs'ed or stunlocked if you initiate the exchange (the only exception is if an enemy has more than 104 poise, then you're screwed), they become less likely to use TWoP if you effectively counter it, and they will learn that poise can't save them from a big enough sword. This applies to all greatswords, but mostly to the Mura because of its range, dead angling capabilities, instant pivot, and 180 degree hitbox. In addition, if you have your Mura buffed, even with resin, you will stack an obscenely huge amount of damage on them. If you throw in SLB, CMW, RTSR, or PW only modded chars can survive a full stamina bar's worth of 2H swings.

Speaking of mods, have any of you encountered a mod char that doesn't take any damage? I bled him, I BS'ed him, I parried him, he just didn't take damage. I've only ever seen a mod with really high health.

I agree in regards to TWoP - usually, especially when I am alone I will run a good distance from the cast but I have at times stood my ground and straight stun-locked them into oblivion (I think I have posted a couple of vids when I have done this). What I have to do when I am with another hunter and TWoP is cast is to still stick with my partner no matter what - I forget that sometimes. I am really itching to get invade again with you. I think we shall do better next time.

In regards to mods - I have run into all types. The type you cannot damage (infinite health) and ones who had stamina like forever.I despise mods so I will report them when I personally encounter one. I did think bleed would work but in event they cannot take any damage you have to either blow them off a cliff or just BC out.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon May 28, 2012 9:39 am

Ugh... got a really annoying forest hunter I keep running into chain BS'ing If anything its made the hosts even less merciful :shock: Oh well I suppose I cant complain too much I have had nearly half a million souls out of his antics...
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon May 28, 2012 11:18 am

dancash1808 wrote:Ugh... got a really annoying forest hunter I keep running into chain BS'ing If anything its made the hosts even less merciful :shock: Oh well I suppose I cant complain too much I have had nearly half a million souls out of his antics...

Good going - I despise chain BSs about as much as ganking.Kill any hunter who does this to you and you will get no grief from the honorable hunters. In my opinion Chain BSs are only warranted if your opponent is playing dirty so keep up the good work.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon May 28, 2012 11:34 am

Brokester, great videos as always. I like the "let em hit me first cause I call last" technique
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon May 28, 2012 12:10 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Brokester, great videos as always. I like the "let em hit me first cause I call last" technique

Thanks Skare - if I am at full health and if I can get the first hit as they are coming in - I can usually take all of their attacks (except for a buffed weapon or a very large weapon maybe) because they run out of steam - then its my turn at bat twisted . At that point stun-lock is the word of the day and victory is snatched from defeat. One of the things I have been relying on is my stamina regen while I'm being hit - once my opponent is done with their flurry of blows I will usually have enough stamina built back up to keep them stun-locked for a kill when it my turn.

I think I have mentally derailed one camper this morning (a young lady at that :oops: ). I had a 2v2 situation and got killed so I invaded the same pair again while they were banging a very good hunter (he is #3 in the BoG on the XBOX). They were partially on the bridge connected to Alvina's room and I was able to sneak up and get BS on the phantom with SLB coated Mura and the other hunter then basically finished them both. I sent the phantom a PM saying why y'all treating my fellow brother in arms like that. She went off-like I stole something from her lol . She was complaining about how everyone is calling her a ganker - so I told her she was clearly acting like one. We PM back & forth a bit but she finally admitted she couldn't take the mental anguish of being called a ganker and said she would continue to play as she pleases.I told here keep doing what your doing and you will continue to be labeled a ganker. She eventually blocked my PMs but at least she told me she was going to block me first before she did it sad

Some of these gankers are extremely touchy and mentally weak.The human side of this game is really a funny at times.

Let the good times roll people - those who can hack it can and those that can't don't. It's as simple as that.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon May 28, 2012 1:01 pm

3rd FH toon that is Rank +3 now!!!
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Mon May 28, 2012 2:49 pm

I now know fully the pain you fh's go through; I was using my dm toon in the forest. Worst decision ever. I think I had like two fair fights; I got ganked, chugged, lagstabbed, chainstabbed, and God knows what else. I thought Dark Londo was bad but it doesn't even compare to the forest.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon May 28, 2012 2:59 pm

Yeah... its something else isnt it our lovely forest winking
    Hmm... I think we should organise a preset time where as many of the people from the wiki forest pvp as possible. I think we could outnumber the gankers.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Mon May 28, 2012 3:07 pm

My dm will proudly join inFor the Glory of Alvina - Page 35 558843162
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon May 28, 2012 3:21 pm

Hmm... might float this Idea in the PvP section... need to work out when most people were online. any thoughts guys?
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Mon May 28, 2012 3:25 pm

Well a weekend is the clear choice. Perhaps into summer as well when schools get out for teenagers like myself. Not close to holidays so people won't be on vacation or parties. Thats the best I can narrow it down.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon May 28, 2012 3:29 pm

You guys missed out on a 24 hour event where everyone just went to work on the forest. Dm's, dw's, gravelords, and hunters all reeking havoc on the gankers.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Mon May 28, 2012 3:30 pm

Oh... any chance we could do it again? Perhaps we could contract the AoV for extra muscle.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon May 28, 2012 3:32 pm

That sounds like fun indeed. I cant believe I missed it! I never used to post much but I always kept half an eye on the forums. dang.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Mon May 28, 2012 3:34 pm

Seriously lets do it again. I feel like it would be even better this time. Coordinated ganker killing sounds amazing.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon May 28, 2012 3:41 pm

I declare this summer.... The darkroot Summer! On the first day of summer we'll begin a summer long campaign on all who trespass on our home turf!
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Mon May 28, 2012 3:43 pm

Technically not my home turf but I don't suppose you will mind a little DM SoV help.big grin
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon May 28, 2012 3:47 pm

Right then. guess I'd best get working on a build over study leave twisted
    SL 120 I assume. are we going to have a dedicated thread for this?
    and I think this event is most definitely a case of the more the merrier.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Mon May 28, 2012 3:50 pm

We should assemble a list of participants just like Dough is doing for the LH v NK war. We should know who we are going to be cooperating with for the greater good after all. I bet some of the user covs would support this as well.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon May 28, 2012 4:03 pm

Indeed I'll make a thread for this tomorrow unless anybody else wants to do it.
    One thing we will need to check though when is everybody's summer term end for those of us who have school It may be different from school to school (or country!)
    But I should let this thread resume normal running happy
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Mon May 28, 2012 5:30 pm

I'm definitely up for this. I won't be able to invade every weekend, but I'll hunt with a vengeance when I'm online.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon May 28, 2012 5:46 pm

cloudyeki wrote:I declare this summer.... The darkroot Summer! On the first day of summer we'll begin a summer long campaign on all who trespass on our home turf!

You know my blade is ready and willing. The 24 hour event we have a couple of months back was grand old time.I'm always ready to go on some anti-ganking patrols in the old forest - Alvina has been wondering when we would do that again.

dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon May 28, 2012 5:47 pm

Just have to say... your avatar seems remarkably appropriate about now silly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:19 am