Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Tolvo
Demi_God0415
Whknight
DxV04
ublug
FexDS
Unforseen
Emergence
Dj-B-Man-Jr
BLA1NE
14 posters

Weapon Upgrade Stats at +4/ +14?

Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Weapon Upgrade Stats at +4/ +14? - Page 4 Empty Re: Weapon Upgrade Stats at +4/ +14?

Post by Whknight Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:03 am

Aye, I was planing too. I would mostly like to see the weapons get 4/9/14 first so people who are not to sure how to work the table can just add the info in. I'll keep an eye out for little odds and ends that save space and hopefully we can make a nice streamlined table.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Weapon Upgrade Stats at +4/ +14? - Page 4 Empty Re: Weapon Upgrade Stats at +4/ +14?

Post by Whknight Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:07 pm

I'm at bows, and seeing how they can't block and at least shortbow has no defensive numbers on it I figured those columns could just be removed.

I also replaced the 0's with dashes on the Bandit's Knife to make it look nicer, but also I feel this is a good page format to apply to the others.

I did a test to figure out how humanity affects Chaos, should we do #+# or combine the two into a single number? I fiddled with the longsword page to show, the current is #+# and the previous edit is combined.
    Demi_God0415
    Demi_God0415
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Demi_God0415 Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:03 pm

i was thinking of taking the critical out of the column and placing it below one of the descriptions. and also place the chaos and the humanity scaling on the same row like this.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:07 pm

That works really well, and both can be applied to the other weapons. By god chaps I think we have a really good base for these weapons! I'll start applying the changes when I can.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:35 am

Hey Bla1ne, I removed the x on Parry Dagger for Chaos +4, the numbers were not adding up. I feel 10 humanity may be accurate, but I am unable to format the page completely so it's going to look like an odd duck for awhile.

Actually since alot of the info seems out of date to me I'll probably start collecting chunks and format as I update the information as needed.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:13 pm

My bad, I added that one. Sometimes my handwriting is terrible, and the 3 I wrote down on paper actually looks like a 7! I wasn't paying attention when I transferred my information. Good catch!
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:28 pm

Ah ok, glad to know it was fixable ^^

I noticed there is a renaming option they can be done by the organizers, could someone please rename the Greatsword Artorias page to Greatsword of Artorias (Cursed) ?

So I discussed it a little in the off topic thread, should a small group of people be gathered, that want to help, and be given a(or) section(s) of weapons to upgrade and double check? My one fear of this is that there may be more inconsistencies that just the Elite Knight armor, but unless something like this is done it will probably never show up anyhow.

Had a good thought about the process and going to outline how I'm thinking it should go. After people have answered the call and handing out who is doing what, everyone is to gather materials and also research into the revision history and note of any changes made before November 22nd, the day before the 1.05 patch came out, this will not only point out what information does need checked and updated but also will show if there are inconsistencies for any information posted after the 1.05 patch.

Ugh, I totally forgot about the buff bit until I saw a note on the Great Lord sword. This will need to be done with the upgrading as well.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:35 am

I decided to make a entry on the main weapons page explaining the new header, but while doing it I figured the Required for Build bit could be changed for what situation the weapon could be used in. However my brain is currently worn out and I'm not sure what to change the title to if this change is implimented.

So far progress is happening slowly, I keep seeing little things I can change and improve upon. May need some more hands in this, it may be easy in text, but actually doing it takes a bit of time. I probably spent the bulk of my time getting it to look a decent way.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:32 pm

I renamed the artorias page and backlinks.
    I also made some header suggestions for weapon pages: http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/test+page

About catalysts/talismans, should we list the mag-adjust value when meeting the faith/int requirements? sorcerers at 10 int, izalith at 14 int, logans at 24 int, and so on.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:19 pm

I really like it, it's alot cleaner and more easier to read quickly. My one concern is the picture, I'm not sure if we can move existing pictures and I'm not sure how many are actually named and will be easy to find. Then again I haven't played much with the pictures so it may end up being easier.

I feel the magic adjust should just be removed completely, I think listing any magic adjustment number could be misleading to those who just skim quickly. That heading above images and name, could we stick a magic adjust see below in it? Talismans lack the link for fth/adjust and I feel the same should be done for them.

Thank you for correcting that, looks a ton better!
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:59 pm

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Bandit%27s+Knife

Added the table in, it certainly reduces the vertical length and covers all the bases. I'm down with using it.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:12 am

@Ublug

Yeah, remove the Mag Adj column altogether. If you start listing it at different Int levels (they are now...), it'll be misleading. And even if we picked an arbitrary Int level to list them all at, it would still be misleading, since they're meant to be used at different Int. So the best we can do is list the Mag Adj along with recommended level, but a) that would take way too much space in a table, and b) I already did that on the individual pages. I don't see a better way. At a glance, there is no simple way to present Mag Adj. And in detail, I already put that info on each page and there's the detailed Mag Adj page if they still want more info. With all this already in place, I think removing the column would do a lot of good, and it's probably doing more harm having it to begin with.

Note: I did all this for the catalysts. I feel the same treatment should be applied to the Talismans, but the info on the wiki isn't as thorough on that subject. As for the pyro glove, it should also be the same, but that'll be a lot easier... since you don't have any alternatives but the one glove!
    FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by FexDS Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:39 am

I like the proposed table format for headers, specifically the one with the gray. The upgrade cost should include the materials (ie. twinkling titanite) as people likely want to know what it takes.

Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:05 pm

So far with pieces using demon, twinkling, or dragon scales I've including that and a link to it's page. I did include a link to the upgrades in the weapon header I put in the new weapons page, but now that I have it linking to the upgrade chart like I wanted I can see including it in.

Added a link to the chart after the amount of souls required to upgrade, how does that look?
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:52 am

Just a heads-up: I've been making a few Chaos weapons, and a lot of the existing info on the pages was wrong. Basically, any weapon that already has Chaos +5 filled-in and the damage rating for Physical and Fire are the same, is almost certainly wrong.

Made-up example: if the rating says Physical 150 and Fire 150, it's probably supposed to be Physical 140 and Fire 160.

So... keep an eye out for those! If the damage is the same, that weapon will need to be verified.
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:06 pm

Hey all, I was looking for this thread and when I noticed it became unstickied I went to track it down. It would seem that things have become very quite in here. If you two are looking for a bit more help, I have been farming up titanite chunks to help with upgrading, if I use the suggested method on the chart page, I could probably do the divine section and the lightning section of some of the weapons. This may take me a while, but if you're all burnt out, I could do a little bit here and there when I manage to happy.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:32 pm

YES, thanks! Different people pitched in here and there, I like the amount of support this is getting from various users. The page's been quiet for a little while now, though... We can always use more help!
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:43 pm

Hookay, if you know of anyone else who needs materials to work on this let me know. I farmed up 99 titanite chunks, and I think I have around 11 blue titanite chunks and 24 white titanite chunks, so I can spread them around if more people want to help out on this using the loading tactic. Otherwise a bunch of it goes to Mildred happy.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:15 pm

You know what, the more chunks you have, the faster you can upgrade multiple weapons. It's something I figured out while doing it myself (I should update the tutorial). With 99 chunks, you could probably upgrade 20 weapons or more to +4 before you reboot the game. That'll make upgrading a lot faster! Just be careful not to upgrade to +5 so you don't waste your slabs, and* be sure not to exit the upgrades menu once you've used your 99 slabs (hard-quit Dark Souls without exiting the menu) and you'll be able to get data really fast.

*Edit: my bad, that could have been misleading. If you do spend a slab, don't worry, since it won't have been used anymore once you reboot Dark Souls, as long as you didn't exit the upgrades menu.

Last edited by BLA1NE on Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:18 pm

When you say hard quite without exiting the menu, do you mean quit to the title screen or quit to the console screen? Just want to check, as quitting to the console screen may screw up my saves, and I would rather not take that risk :S.
    FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by FexDS Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:20 pm

Guys, I just posted an annoucement that is likely of much interest to you since its your hard work being stolen.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:00 pm

Thanks for notifying, Fex. That's really upsetting, and I hope this thief doesn't get a penny off our community's work.

@Ber:

Yes, you need to quit to the console screen (so: by pressing the PS button, if you're on PS3) without exiting the upgrades menu. If you're on PS3, you don't need to worry at all about corrupting your saves--I've done it many times, and so has Whknight, and we haven't had any problems. I can't confirm if you're on 360, but I imagine the auto-save works the same way so there shouldn't be any problems on that console either.

More details about the method:

You need to spend one chunk every time you want to get a weapon to +11, because that is in the "Modify Weapon" menu. After you modify a weapon, you need to go back to the "Upgrade Weapon" menu, so the game will auto-save. You can't recycle those chunks, so you need to spend 1 chunk per weapon per upgrade branch. So the fastest way to get a lot done would probably be for you to upgrade 40 weapons or so to +11, then upgrade as many to +14 as you can with what chunks you have left. Once you have no chunks left, quit the game from the PS menu without exiting the "Upgrades Menu" then load the game again. When you load again, you'll have 59 chunks left and 40 weapons at +11, and you can continue upgrading to collect data.
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:14 pm

@Bla1ne okay, I will give it a shot, though it makes me nervous :S.

Also, note that there are some weapons that are missing from your chart that look like they need some serious work. An example would be the Gargoyle Tail Axe, thing isn't on the list, and it doesn't look like it has a lot of the higher stats even included in its individual table happy.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:39 pm

Yeah I need to get back into this. I had a plan to do it that would hopefully cover everyones concerns, but it didn't really get anywhere. Just can't really get time to play anymore aside Civ right now, wish it changes soon.

As long as you don't sit in the menu to long, it won't autosave. If I remember that pages still haven't been fully formated yet either, guess I'll get to working on that again soon.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:10 am

berkut wrote:Also, note that there are some weapons that are missing from your chart that look like they need some serious work. An example would be the Gargoyle Tail Axe, thing isn't on the list, and it doesn't look like it has a lot of the higher stats even included in its individual table happy.
    Huh... If a weapon is missing, it's because when I originally made the page I would have wrongfully assumed it was upgraded along a special upgrade path (twinklings, demon, dragon titanites). Thanks for bringing this one to my attention. Let me know if you notice any more that are missing!

Edit: alright, it's in the table now.

Edit 2: damn, was missing the Gargoyle Halberd too, for the same reason. Will add it now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:16 pm