Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
FruitPunchNinja
Nocturnal
Dmylive
eninala
reim0027
befowler
ofrost564
ultraflame22
WarriorOfBenOwnage
cloudyeki
peaceful_sabre
PPG-3-
PastaOfDoom
BrotherNiru
Darkstar485
cjmully
Dalampslayer
Boltz
Yarxov
Imarreteet23
kiwi_commander
Bamjam
spite1000
Rynoa
Maneater_Mildred
WyrmHero
Shungi
Serious_Much
Spurgun
Forum Pirate
Emergence
Ignus-Dej
Scudman_Slayer
DxV04
ViralEnsign_
skarekrow13
Tolvo
DarkW17
DJ_XHERO
Brokewilly
44 posters

Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12) - Page 9 Empty Re: Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

Post by DxV04 Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:16 am

ultraflame22 wrote:First off, I am PS3. My PSN is the same as my name.

Now, on to the good news: My legion has grown exceptionally. Adding the people that were already coming, I have made a list of the covenants that will be joining from my home forum:

DM: 193
    DW: 83
    FH: 72
    GL: 57

Farmers; Run in fear. The purge is upon us.

I also have reason to believe that more will join between now and the 24th. I will re-post a new list when more join.

Sick!!!!!! LOL :drunken: twisted
    ofrost564
    ofrost564

Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12) - Page 9 Empty Re: Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

Post by ofrost564 Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:14 am

i will lend my blade in this struggle for the forest.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:32 am

DxV04 wrote:
    ultraflame22 wrote:First off, I am PS3. My PSN is the same as my name.

Now, on to the good news: My legion has grown exceptionally. Adding the people that were already coming, I have made a list of the covenants that will be joining from my home forum:

DM: 193
    DW: 83
    FH: 72
    GL: 57

Farmers; Run in fear. The purge is upon us.

I also have reason to believe that more will join between now and the 24th. I will re-post a new list when more join.

Sick!!!!!! LOL :drunken: twisted

We truely are legion now. I'll be there with my FC dual kats, my 83 Dual Kats, and my new Lifehunter Gravelord.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:33 am

Jesus, we sure have had a surge. I welcome all! Broke remind me to no longer go on dates near events, I miss out on way too much!
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:44 am

Tolvo wrote:Jesus, we sure have had a surge. I welcome all! Broke remind me to no longer go on dates near events, I miss out on way too much!

Roger that lol! - no more dates for you until a multitude of campers have been taught a lesson with their lives. Well I am making final preps with my toon - basically farming supplies (specifically humanity & EoDs) like crazy over the next two days.

T minus 2 days til jump off!!
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:37 am

ofrost564 wrote:i will lend my blade in this struggle for the forest.

ofrost564 - welcome brother in arms Bow . Thank you for adding your strength to our numbers. It will be glorious day when we force all campers from our forest.
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:47 am

Whoah! So many DMs!!

I have to go farm EoDs too, I'm a bit short of them (hate the f.... frogs)
    ultraflame22
    ultraflame22
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ultraflame22 Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:28 am

I have instructed my companions to gather EoD, and they are really getting into it. We have max EoD on just about half of us. GLs should be happy about that. We will ration our hand-outs over time through out the mass invasion to make sure that GLs get the most out of their EoDs.

Just a side note: Several of my companions use the Life-hunt, so be aware of the high chance of bleed that puts on our opponents. They, meaning my companions, will not bleed, seeing as they are pros, but if people can have a bleed inducing weapon or such, it will make their jobs easier. I'm not saying that you all should change your set up to bleed weapons, but any one that has an empty slot and is below their weight limit by a good amount: Having a bandit knife or the like can keep up bleed pressure and cause bleed much faster. A bleeding opponent is a dead opponent.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:03 am

My scythes will appreciate the added bleed effect as well. To add more pressure might I suggest that your legion purchase poison throwing knives as well? I have learned that a piddling 4 hp loss at a time will turn a runner or hider aggressive and susceptible to a scythe in the face.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:08 am

I've been fine tuning my dual 120s in the forest all week, and will be there with bells on. Also will use a PSN chatroom. For those of us who are new to the forest or haven't hunted in a while, I strongly recommend some shakedown runs through the woods in your own world prior to kickoff to remind yourself of where precisely all the mobs are, where the jumps/escape routes are, and all the other little details that so often make a difference in a successful farmer purge. I know in my case if I go even a few days w/o hunting my first few matches are usually a rusty ol' mess. Alvina and Nito expect and deserve better.

Funny thought: how do we know when we've won? If we get to a point where the only people the hunters are invading are gravelords?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:28 am

When we start killing them before they've managed to summon phantoms. As in, 2 of us invade, message says summoning, we murder host, phantom never arrives. Thats when i'll count it as a success.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:49 am

Lol.....I like both those conditions to victory and accept your challenge.

WARNING, WARNING.......IMPENDING TRICK!!

If I notice during my recon stage that I am alone with a host I like to show myself through the trees and see their reaction. If I see the message "summoning phantom" rather than going to a plan B I stick around for a minute. If the message goes away briefly and then comes back I have observed that the host usually has connection issues momentarily and help is not immediately on the way. I have chosen this as my time to move in many times and almost always come across an antsy would be farmer, ripe for harvesting with my Scythe.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:53 am

Forum Pirate wrote:When we start killing them before they've managed to summon phantoms. As in, 2 of us invade, message says summoning, we murder host, phantom never arrives. Thats when i'll count it as a success.

That would indeed be a pretty good indicator of success, another would be constant invasions of GL allies (remember the smokey black aura around center mass people - these are our friends) instead of farmers. Another good indicator of the campaign going well is an increase in the duration between summoning (or invasions) by hunters - the longer it takes to invade (the system is searching for hosts) the more success we may (or should) be experiencing.

I usually can tell whether there is a lot of host activity in the forest due to fast/consistent or slow/long waiting times for summons. So everyone should use some of the above indicators to determine how well we may doing.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:00 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Lol.....I like both those conditions to victory and accept your challenge.

WARNING, WARNING.......IMPENDING TRICK!!

If I notice during my recon stage that I am alone with a host I like to show myself through the trees and see their reaction. If I see the message "summoning phantom" rather than going to a plan B I stick around for a minute. If the message goes away briefly and then comes back I have observed that the host usually has connection issues momentarily and help is not immediately on the way. I have chosen this as my time to move in many times and almost always come across an antsy would be farmer, ripe for harvesting with my Scythe.

Great observation - I will have to remember this. I usually immediately attack a host when I see the summoning phantom warning. My intent is to land the killing blow just as the phantom is appearing so they can see they are too late to save the host. Other times when I have killed the host and phantom is just appearing - I try to exploit that small window of time when the summoned phantom and I can still damage each other.I generally try to go town on the phantom swinging like a maniac (knowing I probably won't kill him before we both phase out) so the phantom can return to his world thinking "I just saw maniac hunter and he really tried to cut me in half:shock: ".
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:20 pm

Lol...I don't attack the phantom after I kill a host but I always point my character at them and stare. Sometimes I try to get a bow in before I fade out to rub it in that honor can still triumph. I might have to start making sure I save a WoG for this event as that looks completely like a bad@$$ fit of rage.
    peaceful_sabre
    peaceful_sabre
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by peaceful_sabre Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:21 pm

A few Qs.

1)will there be enough hosts to invade with the amount of people who seems to be taking part?
    2)What is FC?
    3)Would it be wise for me to join the foest covanant for this event? I'm lv121. What do i get if i kill invaders in the FH covanant?
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:00 pm

peaceful_sabre wrote:A few Qs.

1)will there be enough hosts to invade with the amount of people who seems to be taking part?
    2)What is FC?
    3)Would it be wise for me to join the foest covanant for this event? I'm lv121. What do i get if i kill invaders in the FH covanant?

In regards to question#1 - A resounding yes - you have to remember egos are at play here. What host wouldn't love to be king of the hill during an event like this - basically hosts will be looking for bragging rights during the mass invasion. Also, you have hosts who do not know this event is evening occuring which will be to their detriment. Remember there is a person behind the controller - there are people who cannot help but be in the forest during the invasion for whatever reason - its this human element which keeps me playing DkS.

#2 - Depends - in the context of this event FC probably refers to Forest Covenant. FC can also mean fight club.

#3 Sure - if you want to (let me know and I will tell you the process on joining the covenant). The only worth while prize you get for being in the covenant is the Cat Cov ring of course (used to invade) and Ring of Fog after you reach FC+2 (I think). Other than that all you get is souls, rubbish, shards, chunks, pendants and the warm feeling you just removed a camper from Alvina's woods.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:23 pm

The reward for being a forest hunter? Getting to watch the fallen bodies of as many farmers as you can manage, that's reward enough for me.

By the way Ultraflame, if you guys are going to be using lifehunt Scythe I assume they are well versed in the bleed dodge trick which will make it so you guys never really have to let up on your attacks?
    ultraflame22
    ultraflame22
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ultraflame22 Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:29 pm

I count us victorious every time we kill a farmer. I have spoken with my
    companions, and they will be keeping score of their kills. At the end
    of the event, I will post our combined victories.

And yes, all of our Life-hunters are well versed when it comes to bleed dodging.

Also, skarekrow13, all my comrades have max poison knifes. They are also stocked with poison arrows, and some of our better archers are going to bring the pain with Dragon Slayer Great Bows. Lots of lloyds too. Than we have our Avelyn division. They are a force to be feared. Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12) - Page 9 1330857165

I found this video today, and it looks like the kind of thing that will happen in our endeavor, but it is all phantoms vs the host.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu6yn0jT-Ok&feature=related
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:44 pm

befowler wrote:
    Funny thought: how do we know when we've won? If we get to a point where the only people the hunters are invading are gravelords?

Quite the clever observation!
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:31 pm

ultraflame22 wrote:I count us victorious every time we kill a farmer. I have spoken with my
    companions, and they will be keeping score of their kills. At the end
    of the event, I will post our combined victories.

And yes, all of our Life-hunters are well versed when it comes to bleed dodging.

Also, skarekrow13, all my comrades have max poison knifes. They are also stocked with poison arrows, and some of our better archers are going to bring the pain with Dragon Slayer Great Bows. Lots of lloyds too. Than we have our Avelyn division. They are a force to be feared. Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12) - Page 9 1330857165

I found this video today, and it looks like the kind of thing that will happen in our endeavor, but it is all phantoms vs the host.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu6yn0jT-Ok&feature=related

That video was crazy!!! Now that is what I call a free for 4 all!!! And the host was using my favorite weapon - the Mura ❤

ultraflame22
    ultraflame22
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ultraflame22 Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:09 pm

I would say that my favorite weapon would be either the Life-hunt or the gargoyle halberd. I like the animation for the halberd, and I love PvPing with new players when using the Life-hunt. They think it's ok to get backstabbed, than get all mad when they die a second after living through the backstab due to bleed. Bleed in its self is a fun thing to use. Even experienced players can fall for bleed tech-traps. The only thing I dislike about the Life-hunt is the fact that it gives you bleed by number of hits, and not by swings. What I mean is that, if you hit two people with one swing, you get two bleed tokens. I think it should be if you connect with a swing, that swing gives you one token, no matter how many enemies you hit. Of course, this change would greatly empower the Life-hunt, and make it OP in any battle fighting multiple enemies. The Life-hunt, as of now, is rather dangerous in crowds because of the duel-token effect. There is your fun fact of the day. happy
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:32 pm

I got dragged into this. I've got a 141 DM build that'll be invading. It'll be focused on BS and parries. Give me some parry practice.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:33 pm

I look forward to it, give the gankers something to think about big grin
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:35 pm

me too haha, besides gravelording I will invade with a Black Phantom version of the bandit forest hunter NPC. seeking vengance parrying and BS my way through the hosts. Bandit knife, ring of fog, and hornet ring. will be testing soon sl 110

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:46 pm