Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Animaaal
Soris Ice Goldwing
Dibsville
Saturday-Saint
SadPanda
9 posters

Are Dead Angles Cheap, or Efficient?

correojon

Are Dead Angles Cheap, or Efficient? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are Dead Angles Cheap, or Efficient?

Post by correojon Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:59 pm

So...moveswaps are hacks or glitchs?

Back to the original topic, I think dead angling is an abbility you learn as you PVP and thus should be allowed in any situation. New players don´t know how to do it but as they play more they will eventually find someone using this technique who will destroy them. So they will research it, learning how to do it and counter it. IMHO it´s the typical situation where players who struggle to know the intrincate ways of combat shoud be rewarded and not punished because the rest don´t want to put in the effort.

BTW, I´m currently learning how to do it after getting destroyed time after time whenever I fight a greatscythe or murakumo user. No complaints...one day I'll get them!
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Are Dead Angles Cheap, or Efficient? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are Dead Angles Cheap, or Efficient?

Post by SadPanda Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:01 pm

Just turn at different angles. Different weapons have different sweet spots.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:28 pm

I can't say if they're cheap, or efficient. They're cheap for some and efficient for others.

As for myself, I don't see them as any of those.
    I consider Dead Angles a glitch. I came to this conclusion thanks to actually hearing the impact the weapon does on the shield, yet it still does damage. You don't hear this sound when you use Shotel. Also, Dead Angles doesn't work in PvE, thus it's probably something created by the poorly balanced PvP mechanics. The fact if Dead Angles actually are a glitch, or no is pointless to me. I'm talking from my perspective, which will not change, even if From comes and says Dead Angles are intentional. In my eyes, it will remain a glitch no matter what.

The most common argument people use to justify Dead Angle usage is "I use DAs to fight turtles." You see, to me, using that argument is exactly like saying "I suck at PvP and have to resort to using glitches". I don't have a problem with people that turtle, or use shields for what they are meant to be used. Blocking.
    Shotel, Black Flame, two handing, kicking, AUX, spells, there's so many ways to deal with somebody who is overly attched to his shield. Thus I don't see how anyone can have a problem with turtling so severe they have to resort to using glitches. I mean, if it's boring for you to fight turtles, Black Crystal, suicide, or disconnect.

The second most common argument is "It's a good counter against parrying."
    So is kicking. Can't kick with your weapon? It's probably for a reason. Use different weapon maybe? You can always use spells, or just plain and simple backstab the guy as he parries. C'mon...

In my opinion, Dead Angles are the same kind of glitch as TWoD (buffed Stone Greatsword R2) and other similar glitches. As such I treat Deand Angle users as glitchers, or hackers and have a nice stock of 90+ Mushrooms and Divine Blessing for anyone that uses them on me in random PvP. If that fails, pulling the plug and kicking the person into my Block List takes only a few seconds.

PS: Lollipop to the first guy that doesn't understand what the word opinion means and will ask me to prove Dead Angles are a glitch. winking

Last edited by Sentiel on Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:28 pm

Prove it's a glitch.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:32 pm

Dibsville wrote:Prove it's a glitch.
    Spoiler:
    Here. Just for you. silly 
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:32 pm

Sentiel wrote:I can't say if they're cheap, or efficient. They're cheap for some and efficient for others.

I consider Dead Angles a glitch. I came to this conclusion thanks to actually hearing the impact the weapon does on the shield, yet it still does damage. You don't hear this sound when you use Shotel. Also, Dead Angles doesn't work in PvE, thus it's probably something created by the poorly balanced PvP mechanics. The fact if Dead Angles actually are a glitch, or no is pointless to me. I'm talking from my perspective, which will not change, even if From comes and says Dead Angles are intentional. In my eyes, it will remain a glitch no matter what.

The most common argument people use to justify Dead Angle usage is "I use DAs to fight turtles." You see, to me, using that argument is exactly like saying "I suck at PvP and have to resort to using glitches". I don't have a problem with people that turtle, or use shields for what they are meant to be used. Blocking.
    Shotel, Black Flame, two handing, kicking, AUX, spells, there's so many ways to deal with somebody who is overly attched to his shield. Thus I don't see how anyone can have a problem with turtling so severe they have to resort to using glitches. I mean, if it's boring for you to fight turtles, Black Crystal, suicide, or disconnect.

So is kicking. Can't kick with your weapon? It's probably for a reason. Use different weapon maybe? You can always use spells, or just plain and simple backstab the guy as he parries. C'mon...

In my opinion, Dead Angles are the same kind of glitch as TWoD (buffed Stone Greatsword R2) and other similar glitches. As such I treat Deand Angle users as glitchers, or hackers and have a nice stock of 90+ Mushrooms and Divine Blessing for anyone that uses them on me in random PvP. If that fails, pulling the plug and kicking the person into my Block List takes only a few seconds.

PS: Lollipop to the first guy that doesn't understand what the word opinion means and will ask me to prove Dead Angles are a glitch. winking
    So you're going to counter a useful glitch that's not overpowered by using modded items and quitting.

10/10 quality PvP
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:38 pm

SadPanda wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:I can't say if they're cheap, or efficient. They're cheap for some and efficient for others.

So you're going to counter a useful glitch that's not overpowered by using modded items and quitting.

10/10 quality PvP
    My items are not modded. I never said that.
    Don't accuse me of such things, thank you.

It doesn't matter what the glitch is as long as it remains just that. A glitch.

btw
    Getting hit through a shield and getting stunlocked to death isn't overpowered?
    You jest I hope...
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:40 pm

How did you get those items? BB glitch?

So you're putting down a "glitch" whilst using a "glitch" to counter a "glitch."

Yo dog, i heard you like glitches, so we glitched your glitch so you can glitch a glitch.

And i think overpowered is the wrong word, considering you're calling it a glitch (which it is)
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:42 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    SadPanda wrote:

10/10 quality PvP

btw
    You jest I hope...
    So you're going to rely on another person modding to get modded items? laughing 

It doesn't necessarily have to be a stunlock, although you can just use toggle escape.

OH WAIT, that's a glitch, better not use it or the other person will use divine blessings and quit.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:43 pm

TooLeet wrote:How did you get those items? BB glitch?

So you're putting down a "glitch" whilst using a "glitch" to counter a "glitch."

Yo dog, i heard you like glitches, so we glitched your glitch so you can glitch a glitch.
    Gathering and trading only. I keep the amount the same thanks to reloading from PS+.

If I did that, I would use a modded weapon, or TWoD, or some toher silly stuff like that. That's pointless and I refuse to lower myself on the same level as glitchers. Healing, chain stabbing, or pulling the plug are far better options.

@Panda
    Unable to read I presume?
    Are you so obssessed with glitching and modding you cannot comprehend the words "gathering and trading"? Or do you think that everybody uses the damned mega mule since the game was released?

Toggle Escape is also a glitch in my opinion, but I see it as a fair counter to Dead Angles and thus don't bash on it. If Dead Angles would get removed, Toggle Escape would be the next thing I would be against.

Last edited by Sentiel on Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:45 pm

SadPanda wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:
    SadPanda wrote:

10/10 quality PvP

btw
    You jest I hope...
    So you're going to rely on another person modding to get modded items? laughing 

It doesn't necessarily have to be a stunlock, although you can just use toggle escape.

OH WAIT, that's a glitch, better not use it or the other person will use divine blessings and quit.

Are Dead Angles Cheap, or Efficient? - Page 2 Burn10
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:46 pm

Sentiel wrote:

Gathering and trading only. I keep the amount the same thanks to reloading from PS+.

If I did that, I would use a modded weapon, or TWoD, or some toher silly stuff like that. That's pointless and I refuse to lower myself on the same level as glitchers. Healing, chain stabbing, or pulling the plug are far better options.

You have 90+ mushrooms and blessings from trading? And i wasn't aware you could mod a weapon through BB glitch. I never used it.

Dude you make no sense. Chain stabbing is a glitch. You won't lower yourself to the level of a glitcher, but you just admitted to using glitches. I'm done.

Last edited by TooLeet on Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:47 pm

Sentiel wrote:

Oh God, you're too much. "I refuse to lower myself on the same level as glitchers." But your defense to that is to use modded items, which yes, are modded, since your limited around 5 per playthrough, both divine blessings and Elizabeth Mushrooms. Chainstab, quit and disconnect. It doesn't matter if you traded for them, they're still modded. I'm sorry, your argument is so flawed I can't even understand it.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:48 pm

TooLeet wrote:You have 90+ mushrooms and blessings from trading?
    Yes.
    TooLeet wrote:And i wasn't aware you could mod a weapon through BB glitch. I never used it.
    No, you can't.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:48 pm

TooLeet wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:

You have 90+ mushrooms and blessings from trading? And i wasn't aware you could mod a weapon through BB glitch. I never used it.

Dude you make no sense. Chain stabbing is a glitch. You won't lower yourself to the level of a glitcher, but you just admitted to using glitches. I'm done.
    Dude, bottomless box has been patched for 9 months...

Last edited by SadPanda on Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:49 pm

I'm with Panda. There is no logic in your argument.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:51 pm

The BB glitch has been patched for 9 months but that doesn't mean you can't have characters pre-patch loaded will all the goodies. Look Skyward
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:53 pm

@TooLeet
    So Chainstabbing is bad, but Dead Angles are ok?
    Also, I never heard of Chainstabbing being a glitch. Where did that come from?

@SadPanda
    I'm sorry that you don't understand English. Must be difficult on this forum.
    With your logic, is my Estus Flask and other itmes in my possession also modded? Or does it have to only these two specific items?
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:54 pm

TooLeet wrote:Chain stabbing is a glitch.

?
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:56 pm

Saturday-Saint wrote:

?
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:56 pm

Saturday-Saint wrote:

?

Chain stabbing isn't a glitch...?
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:56 pm

TooLeet wrote:
    Saturday-Saint wrote:

?

Chain stabbing isn't a glitch...?
    No?
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:58 pm

Oh, I guess FROM was planning on people backstabbing over and over again regardless of it you rolled halfway across the map or not.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:59 pm

TooLeet wrote:Oh, I guess FROM was planning on people backstabbing over and over again regardless of it you rolled halfway across the map or not.
    Just stand up without pressing anything and the backstab will turn into normal R1, or unlock and pivot parry.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:59 pm

That's lag, and there are tons of way to counter chainstabs.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:04 am