Are Dead Angles Cheap, or Efficient?

    Share
    avatar
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1375
    Reputation : 70
    Join date : 2013-06-10
    Age : 25

    Re: Are Dead Angles Cheap, or Efficient?

    Post by Leet on Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:01 pm

    Yeah?

    So, get backstabbed, stand up, DON'T MOVE, and it'll pretty much cancel the next backstab?

    What about those kicks? I get backstabbed, and when i come up i get kicked but the kick doesn't even stumble me, and half a second later i'm getting backstabbed again. Same deal?

    avatar
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 900
    Reputation : 11
    Join date : 2013-04-20

    Re: Are Dead Angles Cheap, or Efficient?

    Post by SadPanda on Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:01 pm

    Sentiel wrote:

    @SadPanda
    I'm sorry that you don't understand English. Must be difficult on this forum.
    With your logic, is my Estus Flask and other itmes in my possession also modded? Or does it have to only these two specific items?
    Really, you're going to try to counter my argument by using a child's insult? No, you're using items that BREAK the game, while complaining about a glitch in the first place. "I refuse to lower myself to glitchers", but you use the most overpowered items in the game, and quit if anything goes wrong. You sir, are every common denominator of a bad player in Dark Souls by that argument. If you want to actually discuss it, don't insult me next time, make sure you have your facts straight.


    _________________
    Well What is it mastr of downboats Well What is it
    edjier dan a knife
    Xbox GT: Gapestation
    avatar
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 7540
    Reputation : 74
    Join date : 2012-12-07
    Age : 22
    Location : Here, there, nowhere

    Re: Are Dead Angles Cheap, or Efficient?

    Post by Soris Ice Goldwing on Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:03 pm

    This thread went into one flame war didn't it?


    _________________
    avatar
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 900
    Reputation : 11
    Join date : 2013-04-20

    Re: Are Dead Angles Cheap, or Efficient?

    Post by SadPanda on Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:04 pm

    Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:This thread went into one flame war didn't it?
    Yep.


    _________________
    Well What is it mastr of downboats Well What is it
    edjier dan a knife
    Xbox GT: Gapestation
    avatar
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1375
    Reputation : 70
    Join date : 2013-06-10
    Age : 25

    Re: Are Dead Angles Cheap, or Efficient?

    Post by Leet on Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:05 pm

    Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:This thread went into one flame war didn't it?

    I love it!

    Good arguments usually means people learn something. Like how i just learned something from Sentinel.

    There needs to be a popcorn emoticon. Keep it goin.

    avatar
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3181
    Reputation : 231
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Age : 29
    Location : Mushroom Kingdom

    Re: Are Dead Angles Cheap, or Efficient?

    Post by Sentiel on Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:05 pm

    TooLeet wrote:Yeah?

    So, get backstabbed, stand up, DON'T MOVE, and it'll pretty much cancel the next backstab?

    What about those kicks? I get backstabbed, and when i come up i get kicked but the kick doesn't even stumble me, and half a second later i'm getting backstabbed again. Same deal?
    Yes.

    Kick, or stagger backstab is a problem, that is difficult to counter. If it's timed right, you can't counter it as far as I know. If it's timed poorly, you can unlock and cancel the backstab with a fast weapon, or do a quick counter backstab.

    SadPanda wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:

    @SadPanda
    I'm sorry that you don't understand English. Must be difficult on this forum.
    With your logic, is my Estus Flask and other itmes in my possession also modded? Or does it have to only these two specific items?
    Really, you're going to try to counter my argument by using a child's insult? No, you're using items that BREAK the game, while complaining about a glitch in the first place. "I refuse to lower myself to glitchers", but you use the most overpowered items in the game, and quit if anything goes wrong. You sir, are every common denominator of a bad player in Dark Souls by that argument. If you want to actually discuss it, don't insult me next time, make sure you have your facts straight.
    You insulted me several times by calling me a modder. Stating you cannot read if I tell you that I am not a modder is not an insult, but an observation.
    I simply use the items the game gave to me and that are there for everyone to use.
    I have my facts perfectly straight, unlike you. Divine Blessing and Mushrooms are items in the game, created by the game's developers, not me, nor anyone else outside the development team. As such, they are far from game breaking. If they were, I believe they would have been removed, or nerfed.
    I do agree that they are powerful, but far from overpowered.


    Last edited by Sentiel on Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Are Dead Angles Cheap, or Efficient?

    Post by Dibsville on Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:06 pm

    TooLeet wrote:
    Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:This thread went into one flame war didn't it?

    I love it!

    Good arguments usually means people learn something. Like how i just learned something from Sentinal (sp?)

    There needs to be a popcorn emoticon.
    It being against the rules makes it even better.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 7540
    Reputation : 74
    Join date : 2012-12-07
    Age : 22
    Location : Here, there, nowhere

    Re: Are Dead Angles Cheap, or Efficient?

    Post by Soris Ice Goldwing on Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:07 pm

    Yeah this has run it's course in my eyes.


    _________________
    avatar
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 900
    Reputation : 11
    Join date : 2013-04-20

    Re: Are Dead Angles Cheap, or Efficient?

    Post by SadPanda on Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:11 pm

    Sentiel wrote:
    You insulted me several times by calling me a modder. Stating you cannot read if I tell you that I am not a mooder is not an insult, but an observation.
    I simply use the items the game gave to me and that are there for everyone to use.
    I have my facts perfectly straight, unlike you. Divine Blessing and Mushrooms are items in the game, created by the game's developers, not me, nor anyone else outside the development team. As such, they are far from game breaking. If they were, I believe they would have been removed, or nerfed.
    I do agree that they are powerful, but far from overpowered.
    I said you were a modder once, after that I said you used modded items. Again your argument is flawed. You're taking advantage of someone altering the game so you don't have to do it yourself. Obviously Divine Blessings aren't meant to be used as they are now since you're limit 5 per playthrough. You also have to realize, it costs money to release a patch, and they won't be able to patch it without making the items completely useless since MegaMule and other save editors can easily get 99. And then it wouldn't be long until there's something released to bring back the first effect of divine blessings/mushrooms.



    _________________
    Well What is it mastr of downboats Well What is it
    edjier dan a knife
    Xbox GT: Gapestation
    avatar
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3181
    Reputation : 231
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Age : 29
    Location : Mushroom Kingdom

    Re: Are Dead Angles Cheap, or Efficient?

    Post by Sentiel on Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:15 pm

    SadPanda wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:
    You insulted me several times by calling me a modder. Stating you cannot read if I tell you that I am not a mooder is not an insult, but an observation.
    I simply use the items the game gave to me and that are there for everyone to use.
    I have my facts perfectly straight, unlike you. Divine Blessing and Mushrooms are items in the game, created by the game's developers, not me, nor anyone else outside the development team. As such, they are far from game breaking. If they were, I believe they would have been removed, or nerfed.
    I do agree that they are powerful, but far from overpowered.
    I said you were a modder once, after that I said you used modded items. Again your argument is flawed. You're taking advantage of someone altering the game so you don't have to do it yourself. Obviously Divine Blessings aren't meant to be used as they are now since you're limit 5 per playthrough. You also have to realize, it costs money to release a patch, and they won't be able to patch it without making the items completely useless since MegaMule and other save editors can easily get 99. And then it wouldn't be long until there's something released to bring back the first effect of divine blessings/mushrooms.

    So what if there's 5 per playthrough?
    How does that limit me from gathering 99? It only requires time.
    For your information, I was helped by several friends. We pooled our items to gether and when we got 99 I uploaded them to PS+ and then just reloaded the save. It was way before megamule and way after BB glitch.
    Nothing against any rules in this and it actually required a lot of effort to gather that many items.

    Do you know that PS3 got the most patches from all platforms? Mostly thanks to Resonance Rings, but I'm sure that if From wanted to, they would've patched these items in one of those patches.

    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Are Dead Angles Cheap, or Efficient?

    Post by Dibsville on Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:17 pm

    Guys, take it to PM. Insulting each other is fine, but having a flame war is against the rules and it ruins the forums for other people.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 900
    Reputation : 11
    Join date : 2013-04-20

    Re: Are Dead Angles Cheap, or Efficient?

    Post by SadPanda on Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:19 pm

    Sentiel wrote:
    SadPanda wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:
    You insulted me several times by calling me a modder. Stating you cannot read if I tell you that I am not a mooder is not an insult, but an observation.
    I simply use the items the game gave to me and that are there for everyone to use.
    I have my facts perfectly straight, unlike you. Divine Blessing and Mushrooms are items in the game, created by the game's developers, not me, nor anyone else outside the development team. As such, they are far from game breaking. If they were, I believe they would have been removed, or nerfed.
    I do agree that they are powerful, but far from overpowered.
    I said you were a modder once, after that I said you used modded items. Again your argument is flawed. You're taking advantage of someone altering the game so you don't have to do it yourself. Obviously Divine Blessings aren't meant to be used as they are now since you're limit 5 per playthrough. You also have to realize, it costs money to release a patch, and they won't be able to patch it without making the items completely useless since MegaMule and other save editors can easily get 99. And then it wouldn't be long until there's something released to bring back the first effect of divine blessings/mushrooms.

    So what if there's 5 per playthrough?
    How does that limit me from gathering 99? It only requires time.
    For your information, I was helped by several friends. We pooled our items to gether and when we got 99 I uploaded them to PS+ and then just reloaded the save. It was way before megamule and way after BB glitch.
    Nothing against any rules in this and it actually required a lot of effort to gather that many items.

    Do you know that PS3 got the most patches from all platforms? Mostly thanks to Resonance Rings, but I'm sure that if From wanted to, they would've patched these items in one of those patches.
    Oh... so you're pay-to-win? I-I... I just can't.

    I'm done with this argument, it's literally nothing but you trying to justify using divine blessings and mushrooms, which in any case is bad. If you have to heal, you've already lost. Glad to get back on topic at any time.


    _________________
    Well What is it mastr of downboats Well What is it
    edjier dan a knife
    Xbox GT: Gapestation
    avatar
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3181
    Reputation : 231
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Age : 29
    Location : Mushroom Kingdom

    Re: Are Dead Angles Cheap, or Efficient?

    Post by Sentiel on Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:20 pm

    Dibs, I simply stated my opinion and am purely defending my opinion and my "honor" as someone who refuses to use glitches, when I was insulted by being called a modder.

    If the thread gets locked then it shall be.

    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Are Dead Angles Cheap, or Efficient?

    Post by Dibsville on Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:21 pm

    Sentiel wrote:Dibs, I simply stated my opinion and am purely defending my opinion and my "honor" as someone who refuses to use glitches, when I was insulted by being called a modder.

    If the thread gets locked then it shall be.
    There's a difference between defending your opinion and outright flaming someone.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 900
    Reputation : 11
    Join date : 2013-04-20

    Re: Are Dead Angles Cheap, or Efficient?

    Post by SadPanda on Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:22 pm

    Dibsville wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:Dibs, I simply stated my opinion and am purely defending my opinion and my "honor" as someone who refuses to use glitches, when I was insulted by being called a modder.

    If the thread gets locked then it shall be.
    There's a difference between defending your opinion and outright flaming someone.
    ^


    _________________
    Well What is it mastr of downboats Well What is it
    edjier dan a knife
    Xbox GT: Gapestation
    avatar
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 7540
    Reputation : 74
    Join date : 2012-12-07
    Age : 22
    Location : Here, there, nowhere

    Re: Are Dead Angles Cheap, or Efficient?

    Post by Soris Ice Goldwing on Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:22 pm

    It will be Sentiel I asked for it. We don't allow flame wars for a very good reason people. This thread got lost in it.


    _________________
    avatar
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3181
    Reputation : 231
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Age : 29
    Location : Mushroom Kingdom

    Re: Are Dead Angles Cheap, or Efficient?

    Post by Sentiel on Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:23 pm

    SadPanda wrote:Oh... so you're pay-to-win? I-I... I just can't.

    I'm done with this argument, it's literally nothing but you trying to justify using divine blessings and mushrooms, which in any case is bad. If you have to heal, you've already lost. Glad to get back on topic at any time.
    If you can't refrain.

    You're the one who started nitpicking at my methods and derailed the thread.
    If you have to use glitches to win, healing seems aproperiate. No loss on my side.
    It's nice to still try to have an argument, while ending it that you wish to get back on the thread, isn't it?

    avatar
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 900
    Reputation : 11
    Join date : 2013-04-20

    Re: Are Dead Angles Cheap, or Efficient?

    Post by SadPanda on Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:25 pm

    Sentiel wrote:
    SadPanda wrote:Oh... so you're pay-to-win? I-I... I just can't.

    I'm done with this argument, it's literally nothing but you trying to justify using divine blessings and mushrooms, which in any case is bad. If you have to heal, you've already lost. Glad to get back on topic at any time.
    If you can't refrain.

    You're the one who started nitpicking at my methods and derailed the thread.
    If you have to use glitches to win, healing seems aproperiate. No loss on my side.
    It's nice to still try to have an argument, while ending it that you wish to get back on the thread, isn't it?
    Yeah, I think it was on-topic being about glitches and why it's cheap and all. But it turned into a flame war.

    Alright, something else....

    How about using bad backstab mechaincs to escape backstabs? Like armor of thorns rolling out of backstabs and such.


    _________________
    Well What is it mastr of downboats Well What is it
    edjier dan a knife
    Xbox GT: Gapestation
    avatar
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3181
    Reputation : 231
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Age : 29
    Location : Mushroom Kingdom

    Re: Are Dead Angles Cheap, or Efficient?

    Post by Sentiel on Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:25 pm

    Dibsville wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:Dibs, I simply stated my opinion and am purely defending my opinion and my "honor" as someone who refuses to use glitches, when I was insulted by being called a modder.

    If the thread gets locked then it shall be.
    There's a difference between defending your opinion and outright flaming someone.
    I did that how?

    avatar
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

    Posts : 1433
    Reputation : 311
    Join date : 2012-01-16

    Re: Are Dead Angles Cheap, or Efficient?

    Post by FexDS on Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:27 pm

    This thread has been locked to avoid further degradation of the tone of conversation. Please keep discussions civil and avoid personal attacks.


    _________________
    Support the sites. Visit Fextralife, subscribe, comment, contribute.
    Content and idea submissions can be sent to me by PM on these forums.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Are Dead Angles Cheap, or Efficient?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:44 pm