Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Rudmed
Rifter7
Rynn
7 posters

I'd like some help making my armor more efficient.

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

I'd like some help making my armor more efficient. Empty I'd like some help making my armor more efficient.

Post by Rynn Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:12 am

http://tinyurl.com/8jgxgpt
    Play around with my armor a bit, but please take note on something.
    >I'd prefer my Magic Defense to stay about 340, and my lightning above 320, this causes both Sunlight and Dark Moon blade to be largely ineffective.
    >I am keeping the fast roll
    >I am KEEPING my rings
    >The mask stays, it is explicitly so that gankers can't get a "1 stab one kill" with the great club.
    >53 poise minimum.

So play around with my 3 armor slots for me a bit? I've been working on it for 2 days, and i am still not sure i've absolutely maximized my stats with my setup.

EDIT: My Current Armor setup is contributed by Forum Pirate, but i'm still seeking better armor sets.

Last edited by Rynn on Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

I'd like some help making my armor more efficient. Empty Re: I'd like some help making my armor more efficient.

Post by Rifter7 Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:24 am

http://tinyurl.com/9t7mf5q

try to make this work weight wise.

edit: wow thats a lot of weapon buffs... is that really necessary lol?

.. here just use this. http://tinyurl.com/9qqypj7
    you lose regen, but you GAIN more stam and life+ weight... but the 2 giants hurts your stam, not much tho seeing as you had havels on. so its not a bad loss. broke youre rule tho.

Last edited by Rifter7 on Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:31 am; edited 1 time in total
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

I'd like some help making my armor more efficient. Empty Re: I'd like some help making my armor more efficient.

Post by Rudmed Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:30 am

Perhaps gauntlet of thorns instead of giant's? To keep the fast roll?
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:31 am

you lose the poise.

i tried it already hehe.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:33 am

Rifter7 wrote:http://tinyurl.com/9t7mf5q

try to make this work weight wise.

edit: wow thats a lot of weapon buffs... is that really necessary lol?
    Absolutely necessary! Never know when you might need 9 buffs to fight a ganker.
    If i switched to the Ring of Fap, i could easily cover that, but I'm not sure i wish to do that... i'd really like to run the Cloranthy ring, since i never remember to use Grass.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:36 am

http://tinyurl.com/8jgxgpt just barely better, like single digit improvements
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:39 am

well.. you'll have more stamina to play with so more rolls, but it'll come back less quickly.

think about it. it's not really a loss, it's just a slight adjustment to your playstyle with some extra perks..
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:43 am

rynn i also want to add something..

yeah, the quick roll stabs are nice, but.. well nvm they're probably noobs.
    anyways what happens if they kite you just outside of rollstab range? spears easily do that.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:44 am

Rifter7 wrote:well.. you'll have more stamina to play with so more rolls, but it'll come back less quickly.

think about it. it's not really a loss, it's just a slight adjustment to your playstyle with some extra perks..
    No...
    I've been using the Ring of Favor and Protection for 7 days now on this build, and the Cloranthy ring beats it in EVERY way. With Cloranthy on, i can block an indefinite number or Wraths, it takes far less time to recover my stamina, and i don't even notice I'm missing the 32 points of stamina. The Ring of Favor was my bread and butter for a long time, but the Cloranthy is now replacing it. Also my stamina is mostly for blocking Great Swords while i poke at them, so recovering it back faster so i have a larger chunk to do so with is vastly more important.

@Forum: That is better then a single digit improvement. That's tons of Strike, magic, and lightning defense, and that's where it really matters at this point, my Slash and Thrust is golden after all.
    I'm editing that into my OP for what needs to be beaten.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:49 am

Rifter7 wrote:rynn i also want to add something..

yeah, the quick roll stabs are nice, but.. well nvm they're probably noobs.
    anyways what happens if they kite you just outside of rollstab range? spears easily do that.
    Running Attacks, lots of them. I will chase you to the end of the EARTH if i have to in order to kill you, and i've found if you stay out of poking range, you are inevitably out of attack range. Since my running attacks hit twice, and you can't stun me with 1 of your attacks (unless you are too slow to hit me), i can safely perform a running attack that will hit twice for your 1 hit, from anywhere you can hit me.

Spears are just slower, easier to parry rapiers, i just keep the heat on you, give you no distance to work with, and parry you the second you get used to hitting R1 more then once. My rapier does more damage then any deviation of the elemental spears, so i'll win via chip damage if we really brawl long enough for it to come to that.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:00 am

alright, seems like you know what you want. i'm sure you have counters to any other bull a ganker would throw at you too (plus thats not the point of the topic, is it happy)
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:08 am

Rifter7 wrote:alright, seems like you know what you want. i'm sure you have counters to any other bull a ganker would throw at you too (plus thats not the point of the topic, is it happy)
    Nearly any. I do not know what to do about TWoP yet, aside from run. If they catch me in it/use it on top of me, i just dashboard right now.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:06 pm

http://tinyurl.com/8p75t7x how i might do it.

EDIT: i would also vary the spells up a bit, why so much CMW? thats a lot of playthroughs.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:14 pm

There ya go

http://tinyurl.com/9ufdz5n

Oops, BTW, Elite Knight Gauntlets maybe just perfect too, since they weight a little more but give more defense.

Oops again, the Elite Knight Gauntles apparently don't have the same poise as the Knight's do. On my game they do though.

Haha sorry. I think this is better:
    http://tinyurl.com/8kb3m4d
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:25 pm

Thats a negative 3 net defense shift Ice. If she has unnerfed elite gloves its a +8 shift.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:22 pm

I thought the Iron Bracelet was better, its a small bonus to defense, and a loss of 2 poise, which I suspect isn't that important.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:35 pm

between 51 and 53 it is. 53 is the greatsword break. Not necessary true, but a little insurance is never a bad idea.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:43 pm

Yeah but its at 54 right now
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by omega Elf Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:13 pm

i dont get it just change the cloranthy ring for rofap, why go all out to maximize damage and at the same time gimp yourself elsewhere for no reason

edit
    ok reading past the first post you use the cloranthy because you can't remember to eat grass? and the Cloranthy lets you block an indefinite number of Wraths
    personally i rarely encounter wraths let alone anyone spamming them indefinatley, in that situation you should just roll bs before your buff runs out
    also 9 buffs for 1 ganker is kind of absurd, any half decent pvper would kill you if you tried to rebuff even once, the same pvper would also likely out-manouver you until it wore off which is why i consider buffs pretty much worthless against anyone but noobs
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:34 pm

omega Elf wrote:i dont get it just change the cloranthy ring for rofap, why go all out to maximize damage and at the same time gimp yourself elsewhere for no reason

edit
    ok reading past the first post you use the cloranthy because you can't remember to eat grass? and the Cloranthy lets you block an indefinite number of Wraths
    personally i rarely encounter wraths let alone anyone spamming them indefinatley, in that situation you should just roll bs before your buff runs out
    also 9 buffs for 1 ganker is kind of absurd, any half decent pvper would kill you if you tried to rebuff even once, the same pvper would also likely out-manouver you until it wore off which is why i consider buffs pretty much worthless against anyone but noobs
    I rarely remember to eat grass, however the ring is also more powerful then grass. So if i got the ring on, i can apply a different body buff (flash sweat or power within) while still getting all my juicy stamina regen. The additional HP that you receive from the Ring of Favor and Protection generally adds up to nothing at all, the stamina is outplayed by the Cloranthy ring, and the equip load isn't very missable.

Rebuffing in the middle of a battle is VERY easy: just don't let the buff run out, an opponent trying to keep out of range until the buff vanishes can be chased for 40 seconds, and then when they give you too much room, press Right twice, switching off/back onto the weapon, and cast the buff again before they notice what's going on. I've kept that buff up for at least 8 minutes before. When you're fighting gankers, being able to keep a buff up for 9 total minutes is far more useful then you might at first think.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:16 pm