Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Jansports
Forum Pirate
SadPanda
The_Red_Drifter
Ghadis_God
Soris Ice Goldwing
goober0331
Wilkinson3424
reim0027
GrinTwist
Bleeding_Katana
divinebeanpole
Kiva the wanderer
Sentiel
AnCapaillMor
jaythibodeau
Eko
RANT
LagStab
23 posters

Hardest Build for you to fight in PvP (and give tips how to overcome)

LagStab
    LagStab
    Regular
    Regular

Hardest Build for you to fight in PvP  (and  give tips how to overcome) Empty Hardest Build for you to fight in PvP (and give tips how to overcome)

Post by LagStab Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:05 pm

For me, it is usually 2-handed Tanks, who have great stamina and can just r1 spam me till I get stun locked to death. I usually get a lot of health drained, and when I go for a BS, I get side swiped by their greatsword to finish me off. I need to be very aggressive about these builds and just BS from the start.

inb4 honor dudes mad at me for BS, it's a game tactic brahs lol.

How do I overcome this? Post your kryptonite.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Hardest Build for you to fight in PvP  (and  give tips how to overcome) Empty Re: Hardest Build for you to fight in PvP (and give tips how to overcome)

Post by RANT Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:44 am

it has to be spears, so annoying. the best thing to do is poise bs them and always stay close to them and not let them kite you, they will make more mistakes that way and you can either parry them or just keep poise bs'ing them since the trade is better for you in the end.
    Eko
    Eko
    Addicted
    Addicted

Hardest Build for you to fight in PvP  (and  give tips how to overcome) Empty Re: Hardest Build for you to fight in PvP (and give tips how to overcome)

Post by Eko Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:55 am

Spear users are really the most annoying thing to me. I started just dead angling them and they become less of an issue
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:49 am

I just can't seem to win (or even land a single hit) against people who ninja flip away from me while using a Bow.
    Is there any surefire way to kill people who just spam bows? Or at least, a way to nullify one of their main advantages?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:52 am

jump attacks usually works for me jay, also unlock to make them miss.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:35 am

Tanks with zwei or someone with good stability shield with sks or demon spear really mess me up, zwei has a great arc. Really need to get parrying down.

Jump attack = BS for a lot of the time.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:35 am

LagStab wrote:For me, it is usually 2-handed Tanks, who have great stamina and can just r1 spam me till I get stun locked to death. I usually get a lot of health drained, and when I go for a BS, I get side swiped by their greatsword to finish me off. I need to be very aggressive about these builds and just BS from the start.
    Let them swing at you a few times to see if they're using locked, or unlocked. If it's the first then parry, or roll bs them.
    If it's the latter, bait them to attack and evade to make them waste their Stamina and then take the offensive. Tanks recover Stamina slower, so use it to your advantage.

jaythibodeau wrote:I just can't seem to win (or even land a single hit) against people who ninja flip away from me while using a Bow.
    Is there any surefire way to kill people who just spam bows? Or at least, a way to nullify one of their main advantages?
    Block with a shield. It may seem cowardly, but it's your best bet. Just stand there and block. Be patient. They will lose their cool soon enough and either switch to something else, or try to Posion you, so prepare Moss and chow on it between arrows to piss them off.
    Patience is the key to defeating a lot, if not the most opponents.

For me, it's high Poise, fast rolling tank, spamming unlocked 2H R1 with Gold Tracer is my ultimate bane.
    I have no idea how to defeat this even now. Not to mention if there's more of them.
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:08 am

Depends on my weapon choices, its an absolute nightmare for me to fight a good player who uses faster weapons when im using the greatsword, because they punish me with a backstab or they play aggressively as hell.

Still..... Falchion > Everything.
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:20 am

Sentiel wrote:

For me, it's high Poise, fast rolling tank, spamming unlocked 2H R1 with Gold Tracer is my ultimate bane.
    I have no idea how to defeat this even now. Not to mention if there's more of them.

Same here, I can parry ok against GT and Falchion, but if I miss thats a lot of damage being taken. I am still afraids of a buffed Falchion

Kiva wrote:Depends on my weapon choices, its an absolute nightmare for me to fight a good player who uses faster weapons when im using the greatsword, because they punish me with a backstab or they play aggressively as hell.

Still..... Falchion > Everything.

Unlock that bad boy, aim each swing, problem solved
    Bleeding_Katana
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Bleeding_Katana Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:12 am

The ONLY weapon class that gives me problems in the game is spears. They just sit behind their shield and gradually poke me to death. If i get close enough to do something the roll away and poke. Rinse and repeat. I usually try to dead angle them or roll into their face and parry.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:44 am

Bleeding_Katana wrote:The ONLY weapon class that gives me problems in the game is spears. They just sit behind their shield and gradually poke me to death. If i get close enough to do something the roll away and poke. Rinse and repeat. I usually try to dead angle them or roll into their face and parry.

I normally try to poison them with poison arrows or use toxic mist to get them to move. Then I would unlock and try to get the bs in as they move away. If they put their shield down after getting poisoned I try to get a stunlock and get in as much damage as I can.

Also the best I can offer on tanks using gold tracer is to learn exactly how to parry the tracer. If not I would suggest using a spear to counter since the range isn't great on the gold tracer.

Also, I made a thread about this before but the Dragonslayer Spear seems to be the thing that keeps me up at night now. At least in the hands of someone competent, countering with a bow just ends up with them rushing me but not to the point where I can parry their attacks because they seem to maintain an average distance in order to poke me but never enough for me to parry.
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:02 pm

[quote="GrinTwist"]
    Bleeding_Katana wrote:Also, I made a thread about this before but the Dragonslayer Spear seems to be the thing that keeps me up at night now. At least in the hands of someone competent, countering with a bow just ends up with them rushing me but not to the point where I can parry their attacks because they seem to maintain an average distance in order to poke me but never enough for me to parry.

I feel like From overlooked a 3rd type of crest shield, a lightning crest shield. The effigy shield is just not up to par, it jas the lightning reduction, but you need some FTH to wield and it doesnt block 100 percent. That screams chip damage to me
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:39 pm

Good topic. +1.

Kats are my kryptonite. Especially when the users know how to lock off, roll, hit, roll dead angle, roll under swings and hit, etc. I just can't hit those buggers. I have a problem with a lot of other weapons, but Kats are the hardest for me.
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:59 pm

Most impossible thing for me to counter in pvp is Tank Ganks, as I like to call them. All heavy phantoms with large weapons simultaneously swinging at me.

How to counter? Defense my friend, keep backing off, you will easily outrun them, Use enemies to your advantage and when at least one is distracted, try and kill a phantoms, It will be smooth sailing from there if you do that.

Negatives to that plan? If you cannot kill the phantom in time then your only chance is to run off and rethink your plan, you know their strategy now it's time to think of something to take down the host, as phantoms will not go down.

Here are a number of things I like to try.

> Ambushing, Plain and simple, let the phantoms and host run by you, then run up to them and backstab one.

> Spells. In the confusion of you casting pick a target and shoot your most powerful spell, Pursuers helps keep phantoms/hosts distracted long enough for you to destroy a phantom or host.

> Kicking off ledges, nuff said.

> AoEs like WoG or TWoP, It is highly likely that you will hit 2 or more phantoms when casting Wrath of the gods in a gank, so its a good way to get some early damage into them. Tranquil walk of peace will make them run, and if you catch one in the cast, you've got him.

None of these work? Then I try and grief the ganking SOB as much as possible, making him kill his own NPCs, Breaking his weapons, stealing his humanity, anything I can do before meeting my inevitable fate. Or hell you could just run off and Crystal out.

That's what I do, at least. Im just a scumbag like that when it comes to gankers.
    goober0331
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by goober0331 Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:04 pm

Great Scythe for me.

Lag + crazy dead angles = bad times.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:10 pm

If I was not alone with the host I say gank tank squads. My best but not really effective way would be to split them up and parry bait their weapons against me. My issue is that host would heal so I assume a lyod's would be smart to carry.

Now 1v1 I say anything with the DWGR. The problem is the extra dodging it has that makes my use of getting you when you should have still been safe void. I have to find another weakness or flaw to exploit rather than spam r1 and hope I hit. I have a few options but it all depends on the person I am fighting. Though I say I have a better time with a DWGR user than a tank squad.
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:31 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    Block with a shield. It may seem cowardly, but it's your best bet. Just stand there and block. Be patient. They will lose their cool soon enough and either switch to something else, or try to Posion you, so prepare Moss and chow on it between arrows to piss them off.
    Patience is the key to defeating a lot, if not the most opponents.

Yeah, that sounds like it might work. I usually hide behind a tree or something since it forces them to come to me if they want to fight.

I guess you could either outrange them with a fast, yet slightly longer weapon such as a Washing Pole or a Halberd.
    Or, since they seem to have a predictable tactic, parry right after they finish rolling.
    For another thing, you could sit behind a Bleed resistant shield such as the Bloodshield and wait until they try to move around to your back. Then, use an attack such as the Halberd's R2 since it sweeps behind you. It should hit quite nicely. :razz:

RANT wrote:jump attacks usually works for me jay, also unlock to make them miss.
    Yep. Although, that's only if I can get close enough. Unlocking is great for running to cover to corner them though. Recently, I've gotten the habit of carrying around a Dragon Greatsword just for taking down these guys. I'll hide, and then rush out spamming it's 2H R2 to push em back.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:14 pm

LagStab wrote:For me, it is usually 2-handed Tanks, who have great stamina and can just r1 spam me till I get stun locked to death. I usually get a lot of health drained, and when I go for a BS, I get side swiped by their greatsword to finish me off. I need to be very aggressive about these builds and just BS from the start.

inb4 honor dudes mad at me for BS, it's a game tactic brahs lol.

How do I overcome this? Post your kryptonite.
    Use a fast weapon. And I mean really fast, like a dagger, rapier, curved sword, or kat. When the tank swings their greatsword, roll under the attack, swing once or roll attack, then roll away before they hit you again. It also works with blocking: block the first attack, swing, roll away.

Use a long weapon. There are plenty of weapons for every type of build that have attacks that reach farther then a Greatsword r1. Halberds of all types come to mind, a few longswords, katanas, spears, Great Hammers, any Ultra Greatsword r2, etc. It just relies on good timing and learning the enemy's attack pattern. This is your best bet if midrolling.

Roll bs. Roll behind the opponent unlocked and bs them as they swing their weapon. Ultra Greatswords are prone to this type of technique
    especially, but just watch out for the unlocked swingers who will turn around and hit you out of roll.
    The_Red_Drifter
    The_Red_Drifter
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by The_Red_Drifter Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:31 pm

It's usually a build that just seems to counter my own. Good parrying techniques tend to get me as well, although with any weapon with decent R2s tends to help out a bit.
    That or the famous bad connection lagstab build.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:22 pm

Katanas.

I don't know what it is, but I can never get a full parry. Every time I fight someone with a katana or a curved sword it's one hit, roll back, one hit, roll back. And the really trash guys will just throw on DWGR and try to roll BS you every other attack.
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:49 pm

I cant use my Ultra greatswords against good players because i get BS punished like crazy.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:15 pm

Kiva the wanderer wrote:I cant use my Ultra greatswords against good players because i get BS punished like crazy.
    Fight unlocked, and make good use of the roll attack. Try to get fast roll, it helps a lot. Also, a spear in the offhand compliments a UGS perfectly.
    Bleeding_Katana
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Bleeding_Katana Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:41 pm

Another build that's bad for me is big weapons with a crystal magic buff + hornet ring. Pretty self explanatory what happens with that. 99% of the time they have horrible internet connections too (lag switches possibly.)
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:48 pm

Bleeding_Katana wrote:Another build that's bad for me is big weapons with a crystal magic buff + hornet ring. Pretty self explanatory what happens with that. 99% of the time they have horrible internet connections too (lag switches possibly.)
    unlock, when they run at you, press towards your back and parry. Just spinning in a circle with fire surge works too.

My weakness changes with my build, I (as a player) don't have issues with any specific weapon.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:02 pm

For the CMW and HR, just kite it out. It is obvious when they start to BS fish. Don't let them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:10 pm