Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Jansports
Forum Pirate
SadPanda
The_Red_Drifter
Ghadis_God
Soris Ice Goldwing
goober0331
Wilkinson3424
reim0027
GrinTwist
Bleeding_Katana
divinebeanpole
Kiva the wanderer
Sentiel
AnCapaillMor
jaythibodeau
Eko
RANT
LagStab
23 posters

Hardest Build for you to fight in PvP (and give tips how to overcome)

Bleeding_Katana
    Regular
    Regular

Hardest Build for you to fight in PvP  (and  give tips how to overcome) - Page 2 Empty Re: Hardest Build for you to fight in PvP (and give tips how to overcome)

Post by Bleeding_Katana Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:01 am

Forum Pirate wrote:
    My weakness changes with my build, I (as a player) don't have issues with any specific weapon.

Very true.

Bleeding_Katana
    Regular
    Regular

Hardest Build for you to fight in PvP  (and  give tips how to overcome) - Page 2 Empty Re: Hardest Build for you to fight in PvP (and give tips how to overcome)

Post by Bleeding_Katana Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:03 am

reim0027 wrote:For the CMW and HR, just kite it out. It is obvious when they start to BS fish. Don't let them.

Whenever i see someone BS fishing i immediately strafe against them, get behind em and BS them myself. The irony of getting a message from said BS fisher saying "BS FISHING SCRUB NOOB" But, sometimes it doesn't work. Like i said, most of the time they have very bad internet connections. That's the main problem. I am very able enough to not let someone BS me.

P.S - We do not forgive, we do not forget, expect us.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:23 am

A very good very patient Greatbow. I don't know if anything on this earth is as frustrating as a patient as heck player with a greatbow + high crit weapon on the switch.

Generally though I tend to have problems more based on what I'm using. I notice roll BSes while I have my DGM out, because even swinging unlocked sometimes you just get out predicted and BSed for having a slow weapon. When I'm using a Halberd or whatever with the Leo ring I notice how much damage buffs add (sometimes enough that even with leo I'm trading at a disadvantage which ruins my whole plan)

Different things work well against different things. And it seems like whatever happens to be the best counter to what I'm currently doing sticks out in my mind more than anything else. I don't seem to notice unlocked running that much unless I'm trying to hit someone with a bow. ect.
    Bleeding_Katana
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Bleeding_Katana Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:31 am

I find myself unlocking and running in circles to throw people off. I don't know if it works or it's just me. It like messes up people's train of thought.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:07 am

Bleeding_Katana wrote:I find myself unlocking and running in circles to throw people off. I don't know if it works or it's just me. It like messes up people's train of thought.
    I love when someone does this.
    Insta backstab.

Unlocking is very vulnerable to backstabs, especially if the said person moves around randomly. I bet it must look horrible on their screen when this happens to them though.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:16 am

Sentiel, your sig reminds me that I've never used that particular skill because I'm always too busy with Cannon spam or just swinging in melee with AA on.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:36 am

Jansports wrote:Sentiel, your sig reminds me that I've never used that particular skill because I'm always too busy with Cannon spam or just swinging in melee with AA on.
    And this, ladies and gentlemen is how off topic is created. big grin

Stone Jungle is cool, but the charge is ridiculous. You would have to make your skill set entirely around it, to use it effectively. Ruinous Sigil helps a lot to protect you while you charge it and deal additional damage.

But yeah, Great Cannon spam rules. I always summon two of them and spam Full Moon Slash. I stopped using it when I started fighting Dragonkin. When they fly and boy they love to fly, the Cannon can't target them. It's perfect against enemies on ground, or slightly in the air.

Well, I am maining Ranger and Assassin exactly for that purpose. big grin
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:42 am

Ghadis_God wrote:
    Kiva the wanderer wrote:I cant use my Ultra greatswords against good players because i get BS punished like crazy.
    Fight unlocked, and make good use of the roll attack. Try to get fast roll, it helps a lot. Also, a spear in the offhand compliments a UGS perfectly.

I try but i only ever get an average of two hits per fight because they move so erratically but then again thats why i have mail breaker, to clean them up when i wittle em down.

And yea my build has fast roll with Ultras too, i can link you my build.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=174977994801867320
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:21 am

Kiva the wanderer wrote:
    Ghadis_God wrote:
    Kiva the wanderer wrote:I cant use my Ultra greatswords against good players because i get BS punished like crazy.
    Fight unlocked, and make good use of the roll attack. Try to get fast roll, it helps a lot. Also, a spear in the offhand compliments a UGS perfectly.

I try but i only ever get an average of two hits per fight because they move so erratically but then again thats why i have mail breaker, to clean them up when i wittle em down.

My change would be to use the Painting Guardian Sword in the second right hand slot instead, and then vary up your armor a bit to keep fast roll. The idea with a UGS is that you only need two or three hits a match, if they have any health left you can introduce them to the veritable buzzsaw that is the Painting Guardian Sword.

I consider myself pretty decent with a UGS, and the key for most fights is to trade hits. Chances are you will outdamage the opponent and even get a stunlock. It just takes a lot of patience. Patience is the factor that will kill your opponent, you just have to be cautious and know that you will land a hit eventually, because aside from roll bs the Greatsword's r1 is very safe and the roll r1 is nearly unmatched in its safety. Remember the general rule for Dark Souls PvP- The smaller the weapon the more aggressive you need to be with it. Conversely, big weapons need to be patient and calm. Wear those Dex users down mentally and get them to make a mistake.
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:29 am

Ghadis_God wrote:
    Kiva the wanderer wrote:
    Ghadis_God wrote:

My change would be to use the Painting Guardian Sword in the second right hand slot instead, and then vary up your armor a bit to keep fast roll. The idea with a UGS is that you only need two or three hits a match, if they have any health left you can introduce them to the veritable buzzsaw that is the Painting Guardian Sword.

I consider myself pretty decent with a UGS, and the key for most fights is to trade hits. Chances are you will outdamage the opponent and even get a stunlock. It just takes a lot of patience. Patience is the factor that will kill your opponent, you just have to be cautious and know that you will land a hit eventually, because aside from roll bs the Greatsword's r1 is very safe and the roll r1 is nearly unmatched in its safety. Remember the general rule for Dark Souls PvP- The smaller the weapon the more aggressive you need to be with it. Conversely, big weapons need to be patient and calm. Wear those Dex users down mentally and get them to make a mistake.

But .... my dark hand ;~; nah jus kidding i can switch in a dark mask, switch from mail breaker to say a scimitar or just upgrade to a rapier.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:21 am

Rapier is good, but I gotta push the PGS. It's got katana level AR and crazy DPS while 2handed, the only problem is that it's short.
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:24 am

Ghadis_God wrote:Rapier is good, but I gotta push the PGS. It's got katana level AR and crazy DPS while 2handed, the only problem is that it's short.

And its R2s are sexy
    Bleeding_Katana
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Bleeding_Katana Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:06 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    Bleeding_Katana wrote:I find myself unlocking and running in circles to throw people off. I don't know if it works or it's just me. It like messes up people's train of thought.
    I love when someone does this.
    Insta backstab.

Unlocking is very vulnerable to backstabs, especially if the said person moves around randomly. I bet it must look horrible on their screen when this happens to them though.

Works for me everytime. I don't do it right in their face. I put some distance between me and the opponent. Playing unlocked is the key the PVP.
    Bleeding_Katana
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Bleeding_Katana Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:12 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:

Hit the nail on the head! When using big weapons you gotta pace yourself. Roll, dodge, move around alot. Figure your opponent out. Bait attacks to see what they like to use. Everyone has a pattern. Absolutely everyone. Even if you don't think so you have a pattern. You just gotta figure your opponent out before they figure you out (if they're competent to do so.) THEN you attack. No bum rushing. Don't run after people, it'll just get you in trouble. That's how i play it at least, and it never fails.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:16 pm

I know I have a pattern, In fact I have several, and I change them frequently just to screw with people.

In any case, unlocking is one of the best ways to defeat bs attempts. I'm not sure who you're fighting, but unlocking and attacking in a circle with kats/falchion/fire surge is an almost sure fire way to stop any bs attempt, the damage negates the bs even iff you get one.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:52 pm

Katanas. Aggressive, fast, and bleed is a terror.
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:37 pm

Parry spam then, you will get them if they are spamming R1 if you time it right.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:35 pm

To parry kats, tank a hit and press L2 when that hit connects.  If they swing again, you'll parry that second one.  I also block the first, tank the second (pressing L2 when the second hit connects) and parry the third.  It makes the timing easier for me.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:43 am

reim nailed it
    As always. lol!

However! You can actually setup parry a kat with one of the small shields, that have the longer parry animation. Target Shield etc. The parry window starts sooner for these shields, so it is possible, but still quite risky.
    I speak from personal experience. Since I know you can't setup parry a kat, I tend to get R1 happy to get the guy bleed through the shield and end up parried if the said opponent has one of these shields.
    Werdax
    Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Werdax Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:32 am

It used to be magic, but then I learned of the wonders "Great magic barrier" could achieve, and now I gladly welcome magic users into my world.

Murakumo and spear users are currently my biggest concern. The murakumo can eat away a great deal of my health, and it easily stunlock me. It also got some monstrous dead angles, and a lethal reach. Spears are kinda self explanatory. Combine these with fast moving players, and I got a threat on my hands.
    These are obviously not unbeatable, but I quite often find myself rethinking my strategies. Even now, I have no specific strategy to deal with a murakumo (I somewhat got spear users figured out, but their fast movements often hinder me in getting close to them).
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:49 am

Mura is easy to deal with. Most players really suck with it. Those guys, just bait an attack, move to the side and backstab. Almost none of Mura users use lock-on, cos they expect roll bs, so just move slightly away and bs them when they turn their back to you. Other like to do the running R1, that is dangerous and hurts, but is prone to roll bs most of all mura attacks. Also, never ever try to roll bs 1H R2, the scond attack will always get you.

Now if you find a player that's good with it. You're screwed. Use distance, spells, poke and evade and wait for a mistake, or they will destroy you. It's a very dangerous weapon.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:55 am

Going to have to say a Bow turtle.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:05 am

Dibsville wrote:Going to have to say a Bow turtle.
    If you mean the guys that use a bow and run away all the time, those aren't too hard to deal with, but it requires a weapon with stabbing running R1. Ignore their arrows and charge straight at them. When they start backing away, they will be forced to do back rolls to avoid possible attacks, so time your attack to hit them just as they exit the roll. Once you hit them, still be on them, aggresive as much as much as possible and repeat.

Don't try to go for bs, that's what some of them want and they will counter bs you. If you see them stop backing away, they want to bs, or parry you, so do a counter bs to use it against them.

I had several guys like that yesterday and my Rapier's running R1 trashed them, because they had absolutely no time to move, or try to switch to melee. As soon as they stopped to switch to melee, they got BF in face, followed by bs.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:12 am

Yes, that's the best way I've found to fight them, but unfortunately if they have a DWGR it becomes practically impossible assuming they know how to manage their stamina well.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:30 am

I love running attacks. Seriously learn to parry every running attack, kats and rapiers particularly, though curved swords are also pretty high priority.

But once you start parrying running attacks, the whole world is your oyster.

I've actually been having issues with a certain very very good UGS swinger. I think the biggest issue is I'm getting out patienced. But it feels like I can't do anything aggressive against that greatsword least I eat all kinds of absurd damage.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:11 am