Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
RANT
GaryBlevins
twigsterxd
Aevun
Serious_Much
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
SadPanda
Dibsville
tinypantha
Johnthethird
14 posters

Split Screen Rapport

Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Split Screen Rapport - Page 2 Empty Re: Split Screen Rapport

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:04 pm

Yes the first one I knew was troll thread but I do see a point for this one. However you are damaging the way people see you with these threads John.
    Johnthethird
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Johnthethird Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:11 pm

twigsterxd wrote:Here is my reasons it won't work.
    1. You become a mob and are limited to ONLY use that mobs moves. You cannot use pyro or magic from your build.
    2. If mob only has 100hp and can be killed within seconds, why bother trying to be one.
    3. Invading as a mob would hurt peoples game because they know the moveset of the mobs and would be angry if a mob went hiding
    4. Speed runners would have their game ruined cause they would have to stop tryin to find you.
    5. Be stupid having split screen cause we would probably see where you are
    6. If able to see invader that ruins the element of surprise
    There's tons more but you get the point
    I assume that by mob you mean single enemy because that is what I'm talking about. not group of enemies.

1. Says who? If you are in control of the enemy, then you would chose where that enemy moves as long as the spell is inn effect.

2. Because it would be fun, and would offer a bit of help to the main player remember that in the beginning of the game You can be killed within a few seconds.

3. You wouldn't be invading as a mob, you would be the mob

4. ummm what? This has nothing to do with speedrunning. Do you think I mean that the split screen player would be against the main player? That is not what I mean.

5. It wouldn't matter if they see where you are seeing that they would help you.

6. This has nothing to do with invasions.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:30 pm

You said, "take control of the undead until the time runs out, or the undead dies." so of course your going against that player.
    Johnthethird
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Johnthethird Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:32 pm

twigsterxd wrote:You said, "take control of the undead until the time runs out, or the undead dies." so of course your going against that player.
    Allow me to clerify what I meant. I put raport in the title. I was refering to the Undead Raport Pyromancy. Where you make an undead temporarily switch sides. I was suggesting that instead of the undead still be an AI, a player has the option to take over that undead and fight for the player. When the spell runs out, then the undead would be a regular enemy again.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:03 am

SadPanda wrote:I had an idea like this but with a covenant system. You would invade as an enemy in the area you invaded, and in some cases could pick which enemy you wanted to invade as.
    https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t21058-new-covenant-idea, the thread if anyone is interested.

that's *** genius!! and dude, you stole spur's avatar.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:10 am

RANT wrote:
    SadPanda wrote:I had an idea like this but with a covenant system. You would invade as an enemy in the area you invaded, and in some cases could pick which enemy you wanted to invade as.
    https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t21058-new-covenant-idea, the thread if anyone is interested.

that's *** genius!! and dude, you stole spur's avatar.
    Lol, this has been my avatar since I joined. I guess I'm changing it now because I want to be original happy
    Thanks for the positive feedback btw.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:14 am

So you're saying another player would play as a mob to help the host? If that's the case, why do a split screen? When you co op with another player, we don't get a split screen but also, you have to ensure the game mechanics get changed so player being the mob cannot be killed by any hosts or phantoms helping. It would just get confusing because as I said, you are limited to certain movesets. You can't go changing the game mechanics just to play as a mob. Being an undead soldier would be stupid trying to fight a BK. The BK would kill it 1 hit. what fun is that?
    Also, when spell runs out, the host won't know until he/she gets hit from behind lol. Unless mob dies after spell wears off. I wouldn't know since I don't use the spell
    Johnthethird
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Johnthethird Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:23 am

twigsterxd wrote:So you're saying another player would play as a mob to help the host? If that's the case, why do a split screen? When you co op with another player, we don't get a split screen but also, you have to ensure the game mechanics get changed so player being the mob cannot be killed by any hosts or phantoms helping. It would just get confusing because as I said, you are limited to certain movesets. You can't go changing the game mechanics just to play as a mob. Being an undead soldier would be stupid trying to fight a BK. The BK would kill it 1 hit. what fun is that?
    Also, when spell runs out, the host won't know until he/she gets hit from behind lol. Unless mob dies after spell wears off. I wouldn't know since I don't use the spell
    When the spell ran out, you'd know because you wouldn't be controlling an undead anymore. As for limited movesets, that would be a challenge, but they could change that so that it would be more controlable. If you play as a pikeman, you can still strafe, lock on, and attack. If you play an undead soldier, you get that killer charging attack. The limited but different movesets would be fun IMO. As for the black knight thing, the player would just have to be skilled about which undead he choses to rapport, if any.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:28 am

Now I'm lost. Who is using rapport? The host or someone else. You're confusin the heck outta me now. If it's the host, are you saying his toon disappears until spell wears off? If it's another player, the host won't know the spell wore off cause he's not the 1 in control.
    Johnthethird
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Johnthethird Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:47 am

Player 1 uses the spell on _____ enemy. Player 2 can then press start, and he will be in control of it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:33 am