Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
Odinbear
Carphil
TheMeInTeam
Walter_White
Halicarnassis
Sentiel
Tolvo
WaffleGuy
GrinTwist
Zero LeStrange
Elifia
BrotherBob
reim0027
Animaaal
twigsterxd
Dibsville
Soris Ice Goldwing
wretchedsausage
skarekrow13
Serious_Much
Ghadis_God
KrazykevS10
CephGabriel
billy_bayonet
28 posters

influx of new players

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

influx of new players - Page 4 Empty Re: influx of new players

Post by Tolvo Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:06 pm

Animaaal wrote:
    There is no difference between a low level player with "one-shot gear" and invisible whisps randomly appearing anywhere at any given time, making no sound, and blowing up randomly in your face.

Was this a The Immortal reference? That game has these, and it's one of the reasons most people can't beat the game, you generally just have to hope they don't spawn due to a glitch in the coding.

Fighting other players with similar gear and souls levels wouldn't be easy mode, it would be possible mode.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:37 pm

Using Lloyd's Talismans on new players seems harsh to me. Aside from that, what you're doing seems okay to me.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:09 pm

Tolvo wrote:
    Animaaal wrote:
    There is no difference between a low level player with "one-shot gear" and invisible whisps randomly appearing anywhere at any given time, making no sound, and blowing up randomly in your face.

Was this a The Immortal reference? That game has these, and it's one of the reasons most people can't beat the game, you generally just have to hope they don't spawn due to a glitch in the coding.

Fighting other players with similar gear and souls levels wouldn't be easy mode, it would be possible mode.

No...and..... surprised

At least Dark Souls "buys you dinner first". :x

However, that sounds like the "glitch" I was waiting for when I faced Capra the first couple times.....%$#@ing mutts. phbbbbt
    DrMechano
    DrMechano

Post by DrMechano Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:34 am

I am fully willing to admit my proto-giant dad build was both A) Griefing and B) sort of a twink (though the gear can be accessed early on, just required knowhow which a regular player will not have).

Yes I killed Quelaag and Ceaseless first to get the Chaos Ember, went to the great Hollow and back to the Asylum to get Red titanite chunks to +2 the Chaos Zweihander, beat 4 Kings for the Red Eye orb and purposefully kept my soul level at around 20.

I had the FaP ring and Havel's ring, Stone armour, mask of the child and no shield.

For me it was more of a case of seeing if I could do it. I had already done a Soul Level 1 run and in NG+ invaded with a Tonberry setup (Skull Lantern left hand, Jagged ghost blade right hand, Black iron helm and gauntlets, steel chest and legs, casting Iron flesh on myself and kept walking even if it ran out) just for **** and giggles.

Anyway I invaded a couple of times in Parish, got invaded several times by other Twink characters which was kind of hilarious when they saw me in full getup they suddenly realise they've got a fight on their hands instead of a oneshot kill.

However after a while it becomes like kicking puppies, fun at first but you slowly lose interest because there just isn't any challenge (apart from one low level player using the Knight's shield, full chainmail armour and a Halberd who summoned phantoms (which I'm not going to complain about, I was being a ****, summoning phantoms on me is both expected and the most sensible move someone can do) who managed to whittle me down by rolling out the way of my attacks and punishing any whiffs I made with the R2).

So I proceeded on toward Anor Londo to buy the required Giant's armour, kept my SL around 50, beat O&S, beat Nito (so I could buy the Father mask off of patches) and did some farming in Lost Izalith to +5 the Chaos Zweihander and completed my giantdad, invaded from Anor Londo which I felt was more balanced since you can get elemental weapons by then and you're more likely to fight 2 v 1 against you.

I admit it is griefing, that I'm abusing my knowledge of the game by creating such a character but it is not something I see a long term sustained amount of fun in.
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:03 am

there is stil alot of activity out there. just hung out with the capra demon. got i think 10 or 12 summonings. then went to the forest, not as active. tells me more people are playing now vs ganking/pvp specific.

but who knows. was just refreshing to have activity.

a few poor guys were very new it seemed. i was happy to help, but a couple got mauled before i could even make it through the fog capra had murdered them.
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:55 pm

passivefamiliar wrote:a few poor guys were very new it seemed. i was happy to help, but a couple got mauled before i could even make it through the fog capra had murdered them.
    Makes me wish that summons could enter the fog without the requirement of the host entering first.
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:09 pm

BrotherBob wrote:
    passivefamiliar wrote:a few poor guys were very new it seemed. i was happy to help, but a couple got mauled before i could even make it through the fog capra had murdered them.
    Makes me wish that summons could enter the fog without the requirement of the host entering first.

Hosts would send an infinite stream of summons down in the Abyss. At least, that's what I would do. Damn giant quadruplets...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 4:40 am