Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+118
Aigaios
Say Xbox Again
dalsio
Back Lot Basher
MikailArksot
SageOfToads123
Undiscovery
GaryBlevins
ChizFreak
Ghadis_God
Bassman Bob
PierreSBK71
retro
Marino.
TheMeInTeam
Mental Gear
Uparkaam
Latitoast
ScottyDoesKnow
Green__Eagle
StiffNipples
befowler
Jansports
TheGreatGrapsy
cerealaire
Wilkinson3424
chantienyee
Animaaal
Derpwraith
Hugh_G_Johnson
Soul of Stray Demon
Exequim
Emergence
Jester's Tears
Muker
Sentiel
Exclusive
IV_Mark_VI
wretchedsausage
sids__09
jimmyc0341
MosquitoPower
nopseudoidea
Laveidem
Ostrava34
Slarg232
drdrack
Raijinilli
SirArchmage
Dr__Awkward
DxTopham
Silver Knight
Akuro
DyingAce
Zyrrashijn
Raikan007
tonberryking01
bradthegas
SirPatrick
Hart
nines rodriguez
Tolvo
Argetlam350
LagStab
WaffleGuy
BrandBrandBrand
FinPeku
Kyuseishu
Walter_White
Gollumseverywhere
Mishrak
HereticForLife
Ichikuro
Ghoul
Werdax
PhlyingDutchman
TheDarkPygmy
RralIX
Demon Slayer
Marionx
DemonRider909
Encore
HazelrahFiver
KrazykevS10
Domhnall of Zena
The_Red_Drifter
VaDoom
GenericUsername
ublug
Seignar
DaemonNacht
Tchuwib
XuitusTheGreat
CaramelSouls
WandererReece
AnCapaillMor
A Fierce Plankton
Elifia
General Bale
Ezlare
Anonymous Proxy
Odinbear
Ashran
ResIsBestStat
XachAttack
Hue
Dibsville
ExplodingPenguin
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
hey its andres
Quarik
Djem
iiProdigyv
reim0027
Soris Ice Goldwing
Dusk Soul
User1
CarverUpqik
122 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

tonberryking01
    tonberryking01
    Addicted
    Addicted

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 19 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by tonberryking01 Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:14 pm

I never knew you can parry more than one enemy at the same time. It doesn't happen often, but I just parried both of the manserpents at the start of Sen's with one swipe of the parrying dagger. Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 19 4033492644
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 19 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by chantienyee Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:26 pm

Nice. I've been getting a lot of multiple backstabs in co-op lately, which is kinda confusing when the backstab animations are different. And by multiple backstab I mean multiple players backstabbing a single mob -- not sure if backstabbing multiple mobs is possible?...
    Dusk Soul
    Dusk Soul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dusk Soul Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:39 am

One handed attacks bounce off the armoured boars in The Duke's, two handed attacks don't.

Full Havel's has awful poison resistance.

You can't lock on to Forest NPC's if you are a Catbro (and I thought I would have some dummies to practice reverse-rolling).

Using a Homeward Bone after killing Gwyn will send you to the loading screens; but you will still be in the arena.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:46 am

The Pierce Shield has over 350 AR on a basic Dex build...
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:50 am

Do you make videos, Dibs? If not, you should.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:52 am

Ahh, no. I've thought about it, but no.
    Mishrak
    Mishrak

Post by Mishrak Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:48 pm

I totally never realized Artorias' arm was ruined until I was re-watching my SL1 fight of him while encoding it.  I think I spent so much time trying to dodge his attacks that I never stopped to actually watch the fight.
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:00 pm

It kinda looks like Artorias' shield, sword, and torso piece on the cover of the game..?
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:18 pm

chantienyee wrote:It kinda looks like Artorias' shield, sword, and torso piece on the cover of the game..?

That's probably because it is Artorias. Pre-corruption, though. And the sword is actually the Black Knight Greatsword for some reason, but they cropped the picture so it no longer shows the spikes on the middle of the blade that proves this.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:08 pm

That the pearls inside the clams are actually skulls. Also the Mimic teeth look a lot like fingers. Considering how both are common in/near the archives, they may have something to do with Seath.
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Post by Encore Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:11 pm

The mimics are a cursed people.

A tribe known for their avarice was cursed by the gods.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:19 pm

While my other theory is that Havel was working with the Ash Lake dragon. We find great magic barrier there. He fought against the dragons and then felt remorse. He discovered Ash Lake, teams up, and starts rebelling against the gods. Would explain why he hates Seath and his magic so much, and maybe his dragon tooth might even come from the Everlasting Dragon.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:37 pm

I'm going solo against Nito using the One Weapon per Boss fight challenge, SL1.

I equipped the fog ring and slumbering dragon ring and dropped down hoping to evade the skeletons because I didn't want to rely on a 'weak' divine weapon. I could not get Nito to come at me!

I went through 9 flasks while he did his ground attack and even though I got close enough to Nito to target-lock onto two of the large skeletons (approaching from the right) and two of the smaller skeletons (approaching from the left) and even target-locking on Nito himself, I could not draw him out.

This tactic may be useful if you want to use a throwing knife to draw him out without engaging the skeletons.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:49 am

Painting Guardians won't backstab you if you pause.
    Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Raikan007 Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:00 am

this may be very well known, I am 100% sure it is, but I found out last night that parrying and backstabs give you more souls on enemies :Pbeen playing for years but never noticed it before!
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:03 am

Raikan007 wrote:this may be very well known, I am 100% sure it is, but I found out last night that parrying and backstabs give you more souls on enemies :Pbeen playing for years but never noticed it before!
    Also works with normal hits, but it's much harder since you have to do so much damage. :razz:
    Zyrrashijn
    Zyrrashijn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Zyrrashijn Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:23 am

'tis known as overkill. Its when you deal enough damage to kill a being with one blow plus some extra damage.
    Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Raikan007 Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:12 am

Zyrrashijn wrote:'tis known as overkill. Its when you deal enough damage to kill a being with one blow plus some extra damage.

so maybe using Leo ring and hitting them just before hitting you? when they are in that vulnerable stage
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:13 am

Raikan007 wrote:
    Zyrrashijn wrote:'tis known as overkill. Its when you deal enough damage to kill a being with one blow plus some extra damage.

so maybe using Leo ring and hitting them just before hitting you? when they are in that vulnerable stage
    You get an overkill for doing a set amount of damage over the enemies maximum health. More damage = more souls. It eventually caps at a certain soul count.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:22 am

Been messing around with Darkwraiths(tryig different weapons) in new londo and i think the 20% souls bonus comes in when you hit them for >120% of their health.
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:50 am

It's 150% of their max hp for a 20% souls bonus. And it does work if you've already damaged them a bit before that, just make sure it's 150% of their max hp in a single hit.
    Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Raikan007 Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:51 am

also decided to try and parry the Tower Black Knight that re spawns at Sen's, but was unable to do the riposte animation, not sure if I was standing too far away to activate it or the fact that you actually can't

off topic:

which bosses/Npc's/enemies can you parry or not?

I am thinking of trying it against O&S coming up soon? or this futile?
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:02 am

You can parry, but can't riposte Berenike Knights (Tower Knights)

You can parry every attack in the game, but most are not special parries that can be riposted, and are instead partial parries.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:03 am

You can't riposte them, said it before but similarly the butchers can parry you but have no riposte move.
    Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Raikan007 Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:06 am

thanks guys, I have no thanks button for some reason, but thanks Bow

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:08 am