Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+118
Aigaios
Say Xbox Again
dalsio
Back Lot Basher
MikailArksot
SageOfToads123
Undiscovery
GaryBlevins
ChizFreak
Ghadis_God
Bassman Bob
PierreSBK71
retro
Marino.
TheMeInTeam
Mental Gear
Uparkaam
Latitoast
ScottyDoesKnow
Green__Eagle
StiffNipples
befowler
Jansports
TheGreatGrapsy
cerealaire
Wilkinson3424
chantienyee
Animaaal
Derpwraith
Hugh_G_Johnson
Soul of Stray Demon
Exequim
Emergence
Jester's Tears
Muker
Sentiel
Exclusive
IV_Mark_VI
wretchedsausage
sids__09
jimmyc0341
MosquitoPower
nopseudoidea
Laveidem
Ostrava34
Slarg232
drdrack
Raijinilli
SirArchmage
Dr__Awkward
DxTopham
Silver Knight
Akuro
DyingAce
Zyrrashijn
Raikan007
tonberryking01
bradthegas
SirPatrick
Hart
nines rodriguez
Tolvo
Argetlam350
LagStab
WaffleGuy
BrandBrandBrand
FinPeku
Kyuseishu
Walter_White
Gollumseverywhere
Mishrak
HereticForLife
Ichikuro
Ghoul
Werdax
PhlyingDutchman
TheDarkPygmy
RralIX
Demon Slayer
Marionx
DemonRider909
Encore
HazelrahFiver
KrazykevS10
Domhnall of Zena
The_Red_Drifter
VaDoom
GenericUsername
ublug
Seignar
DaemonNacht
Tchuwib
XuitusTheGreat
CaramelSouls
WandererReece
AnCapaillMor
A Fierce Plankton
Elifia
General Bale
Ezlare
Anonymous Proxy
Odinbear
Ashran
ResIsBestStat
XachAttack
Hue
Dibsville
ExplodingPenguin
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
hey its andres
Quarik
Djem
iiProdigyv
reim0027
Soris Ice Goldwing
Dusk Soul
User1
CarverUpqik
122 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

Dr__Awkward
    Dr__Awkward
    Casual
    Casual

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 29 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Dr__Awkward Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:18 am

Gwyndolin's hallway actually does end! had no idea. I just assumed it went on infinitely.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 29 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Odinbear Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:20 am

Ashran wrote:
    Green__Eagle wrote:This isn't so much a discovery, but something I forgot and had to learn again.

When going for a trophy/achievement, you do not need to get every miracle on one character; just every miracle spread throughout your saved files.

Just spent a couple of days learning 14 miracles when I only had to learn 4 (or less).

Oh well, this is the first time I went through a couple of quest lines and picked up slab when farming for chunks in New Londo Ruins.

wait, is the archievement spell thingy true? ... If yes, ive spent A LOT of useless time... whatever. This is my contribution:

Did you know that you can get queued in a ladder while invading? I discovered it while watching this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEWo-J4Ssh0 11:00 is when the thing happens.
    As the top comment says, i think he should have emptied his stamina to force a fall and get out of that mess. However, he coulnt kill anyway the npcs so is he blocked? 
    This is interesting.

Seems to me , last time I was on a ladder with hollows , they kicked down or punched up at me.  Are these the real dumb hollows?
    wretchedsausage
    wretchedsausage
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by wretchedsausage Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:22 am

Keep in mind that the guy was invading, so they would not be agro'd to him, the same way he cannot hurt them.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:17 pm

ResIsBestStat wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:Even if you have 100%+ equip load, your character will still flip when you do the Curved Sword Kick.

Logic.
    Adrenaline?
    Everybody knows humans have a rush of adrenaline when they swing a curved sword horizontally.
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:23 pm

Found another glitch(?). In New Londo, in the area before the room with the second giant goop, the darkwraiths can sometimes run up against the wall with the hidden doorway and continue to get stuck there, running, with back turned. It happened on two separate occasions in the past couple days. Has anyone else seen this?
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:24 pm

And the Artorias flip while over 100%. It's like they can move if they wanted, they just choose not to.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:12 pm

I just learned of a couple of things in this game: Crown of Dusk boosts miracles, too. That was posted in the Wiki, but if you wake up Frampt using Great Lightning Spear, he doesn't say a word.
    DxTopham

Post by DxTopham Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:39 am

I only just learned about the ladder short cut in the New Londo Ruins, had no idea what that ladder was for until just now. I really can't believe I didn't notice it before.
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:52 am

I always kick that ladder down when suicide running for the comp bow, just in-case one of the ghosts decides to troll me as I jump over the broken stairs by hitting me mid air.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:18 am

What ladder? the laggy one?
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:40 pm

There's a laggy ladder? Only one ladder you can kick down in New Londo.

Something I actually only just learned. You can deflect White Dragon Breath with Dragon Roar (and I assume Force/WotG as well)

Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:53 pm

I thought that ladder was useless, the lower level of the bridge is empty...no?
    And yes, it is laggy, for some reason, framerate drops when i climb it, especially if i look down
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:31 pm

Hue wrote:I thought that ladder was useless, the lower level of the bridge is empty...no?
    And yes, it is laggy, for some reason, framerate drops when i climb it, especially if i look down
    If you die, you can jump down to the ladder to climb back up it without having to go through the first Ghost House.

Otherwise it's pretty useless.
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:13 pm

Backstabbing can interrupt the animation for entering a boss fog and pull you right out of it  sad
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:27 pm

Crown of Dusk boosts miracles?  Crazy.
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:07 pm

Swapping to a ring of sacrifice before dying to an invader will retain your human form when you respawn at the bonfire. Can someone confirm this? This is the first time it happened for me and that's the only explanation I have for not having gone hollow as the host.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:11 pm

chantienyee wrote:Swapping to a ring of sacrifice before dying to an invader will retain your human form when you respawn at the bonfire. Can someone confirm this? This is the first time it happened for me and that's the only explanation I have for not having gone hollow as the host.
    I can confirm.
    You do not lose anything when you die with RoS, you simply respawn without the Ring.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:15 pm

WotG/Force will deflect crystal sorceries but not dark magic.
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:42 pm

ANOTHER REASON DARK MAGIX ARE OP

/onlykindajoking

I did not know that, thanks.
    Not that I'll try it in PvP anyway as I'll never get the timing down.
    Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Raikan007 Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:45 am

if you feed Frampt a few rings (the only ones I tested were the Cat Covenant and one of the Moon/Sun rings) for 1000 souls, when you quit/reload the rings are in the chest that IS ALWAYS OPEN from the start.. I noticed that the chest was closed the next time I loaded up the save! I nearly crapped myself as I have always wanted to know why it is open from the start..

anywho, the rings were both inside the closed chest silly

not sure if this has been mentioned yet but I was surprised!
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:28 am

There's another ledge off the first ledge on the way to the Dragon Slayer Bow location in Anor Londo.  And if someone's hiding there with a fog ring they can be extremely difficult to see because the facade totally blocks the view to it unless you turn your camera around.  However, if... say, for instance an invader stopped to peer around the corner so he didn't get wogged off and when he didn't see anyone pause for a second because he was sure you were hiding up there... he might notice you.  That invader may also decide to use an Obsidian greatsword R2 to knock you the edge and then kill you with a plunging attack -- so if you decide to hide there, keep that in mind.  And if he were on a certain Dark Souls forum; he would definitely post his discovery using blue font. :razz: 
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:20 am

Dibsville wrote:
    Hue wrote:I thought that ladder was useless, the lower level of the bridge is empty...no?
    If you die, you can jump down to the ladder to climb back up it without having to go through the first Ghost House.

Otherwise it's pretty useless.

If you suicide run the 1st ghost house, kicking it down seems to alter the AI pathing/aggro also.  I've seen vageta do it but also a speed runner streaming, and he mentioned something along those lines when someone asked him about it in his stream chat.

Once you drain the water it does indeed stop being useful.

They work well because Raw +5 is the equivalent of a +10 Weapon, a Fire +5 weapon, or a Magic +5 weapon. The only thing is that it has boosted damage, but little scaling

Raw is closer to +12 or +13 actually, and doesn't require chunks to reach it.  It's a pretty good path for a lazy clearing of the game, or at least to open up the kiln to farm guaranteed chunks (preferable when wanting to ultimately build elemental weapons, or a +15 and chaos combo).  Raw halberd +5 at 12/12 str/dex (2 hand) can easily mop every boss in the game quickly, including 4kings if you use power within (you'll be able to beat the next spawn easily, even with bad RNG).
    Mental Gear
    Mental Gear
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Mental Gear Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:13 pm

Two really minor ones:
    Valley of drakes: There's a small cave on the narrow path where the blue dragon sits with a Humanity in it.

The ladder beside the flood gates that leads to the Red Tearstone ring. Always ran past it the first three times.no see
    Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Demon Slayer Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:48 pm

You can lets say 'shoot" the fire ball that the roof giant trows at you with force

Example is at the end of the vid
    \

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNsjO4C2Nxc
    Mental Gear
    Mental Gear
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Mental Gear Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:11 am

Learned that you can avoid getting stunlocked by the rolling boulders by turning around and do the backstep with the right timing from the Battle Athletes vid. Also didn't know about the fire boulders. Sun

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 9:16 am